Bring4th

Full Version: Itzhak Bentov & The Law of One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forum. I've been working on a website www.shift.earth that correlates The Law of One with the works of Itzhak Bentov, in particular his book "A Brief Tour of Higher Consciousness." Please check out http://www.shift.earth/tnm.html for more information.

The short of it is this:
Law of One : Bentovian Cosmology
Infinite Creator = Manifest Creation
Infinite Intelligence = Cosmic Aleph
First Distortion = Cosmic Will
Second Distortion = Cosmic Love
Third Distortion = Cosmic Creation

I also believe that we can correlate Ben's universal time phases with the octaves of the spiritual densities. If we adjust the way Bentov labelled the phases and say there are seven phases total by counting the white hole as phase (or octave) one and the black hole universal center as phase (or octave) seven, then according to the Law of One vernacular, that would put the surface population of humanity in the third spiritual density of the third octave of universal time flow.

There are deep and profound correlations between the Law of One and the cosmology of Itzhak Bentov. I believe any serious student of the Law of One would benefit from reading A Brief Tour.

http://shift.earth/tnm.html
http://www.amazon.com/Brief-Tour-Higher-...89281814X/
I like Bentov, I read Stalking The Wild Pendulum and quite enjoyed it. I particularly liked how he correlated zero with infinity.
Greetings shift.earth, good work on your treatment of Itzhak B.'s ontological models at your website. It's an excellent idea to bring him to the attention of this community of seekers.

I first met Itzhak in 1982 at an intriguingly interdisciplinary Conference on Consciousness in NYC orchestrated by Vilayat Inayat Khan's quasi-Sufi organization. Featured were important personages in the then-fairly-new "New Age" movement-- including scientificals like visionary inventor Bentov, the great theoretical physicist Eugene Wigner, neuroscientist Karl Pribram (who with Wigner was big on the then-new "holographic universe" model of reality), mystic-state/hallucinogen researcher Jean Houston, Jungian psychologist June Singer, as well as divines like Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, Khan, and others [Bentov, Wigner, Singer, Reb Zalman, and Khan have since passed on]). Bentov's way of visualizing complex domains from a vibratory viewpoint with a childlike simplicity and lucidity is a wonderful thought-tool for those whose work depends on clarity and mental flexibility. Of course there are those who think he was still a bit mired in the fuddy-duddy classical-physical model:
http://www.quantonics.com/A_Quantum_Pendulum.html
This is perhaps understandable, however, in a non-academically-minded autodidact whose very real-worldly work in the invention of various complex gizmos designed for use in, say, concrete medical applications demanded close attention to What Concretely Actually Works regardless of what any particular ideological abstraction posited about How Things Theoretically Should Work. A lot of old-time Newtonian stuff is not currently held to be "sexy" like quantum-this or hyper-that  (the current miasmal chaos of advanced-physics ideas prematurely ripped from the sophisticated technically demanding context of a Ra or a Bashar or whoever), but it is nevertheless appropriate to most mortal terrestrials bound by Earthly gravitics and temporality, and not to be skipped over disrespectfully. Bentov's emphasis on the vibratory level of phenomena is instrumentally useful -- the most academically-acceptable hard-core professional physics is in that language, so to speak, so it is from that point that anything radically new in conception can be usefully brought under responsible scrutiny without the usual immediate dismissal as crack-pottery. Of course, most of the time the wonderful new thing is crack-pottery, but that's another psychoanthropological story (see, e.g., https://web.archive.org/web/201910242249...rchive.php).

Incidentally, there is this slightly-piratical-but-nevertheless-all-in-a-good-cause resource for those who would like to peruse some of his various works gratis:
Z-Library project ebooks site or Library Genesis2M ebooks site
(Of course you will burn in Info-Pirate Hell forever, if not longer, for the heresy of circumventing The $ystem and its Conceptual Property Rights taboo-rites, so there's that to sneeringly ponder for several nanoseconds.)

I.B.'s ca. 1978 presentation:

Cheers. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"[Insert devastatingly profound spiritually gung-ho quote here]" 
                   --- [Insert name of some insufferably pure being here]

Just for the reciprocal heck of it:
Works by Dewey B. Larson

An interesting (and more politically-contextualized approach) to tricky things 'n' stuff,
by a much-demonized polemical economist:
"Science for Teachers -- Visualizing the Complex Domain"

Keep this under your hat -- it's... The Answer!!!
[Image: 4497763_0.jpg]

The purpose of a system is what it does. There is after all, no point in claiming that the purpose of a system is to do what it constantly fails to do.
--- Anthony Stafford Beer
Diagnosing the System for Organizations (Wiley, 1985) p. 99