Bring4th

Full Version: Colorful Movie, a slice of life film.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A boy arrives in purgatory after dying, where he is informed that in his past life he committed a terrible sin, and cannot be reincarnated until he can remember what it was. Until he does, he is placed in the body of a middle school student named Makoto who committed suicide three days ago, and is instructed to live the deceased boy’s life. New Makoto quickly becomes fed up with his host body's situation, as the boy doesn't have any friends, his family life is in shambles, and his mere presence makes everyone around him nervous. But giving up is not an option, and if the spirit ever wants to move on, he must adjust to Makoto's life and understand what happened in the past.

http://animeheaven.eu/search.php?q=colorful

Both dubbed and subbed.

At first I thought this was a movie about walk in souls, sort of. I really think this was worth watching!
moved to Art, Media, & Entertainment.

Thanks for sharing Blatz!
Just watched it last night, I enjoyed it quite a lot.

Thanks for the share

Cool themes, and the idea of the "walk-in soul" I like where they went with it.
Do you know of any other movies that are similar to this one ?
Waking Life.
One that seems somewhat related is a fun (and nearly forgotten) comedy called "Defending Your Life," from 1990ish starring Albert Brooks. He's an everyday nebbish who dies stupidly in a car crash, goes to the afterlife, and discovers that he has to either justify his life as having been worth living to transcend to the next level of existence, or else he's thrown back into the reincarnation loop to learn more lessons.

I doubt it was directly influenced by Seth\Ra\etc talks, but it has elements that would seem familiar. Plus, its major theme is the importance of overcoming fear, which strikes me as a decent metaphor for overcoming distortions within the context of the film.
@ IndigoGeminiWolf

Yeah I've seen that one, it's good, I actually watched it in highschool philosophy class. Thanks for the suggestion.

@ APeacefulWarrior

Hm that sounds like it has potential, always a fun theme. definitely one I'll check out. Thanks