Bring4th

Full Version: Service to other-self?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Serving in which direction exactly? Would it mean just being of service to bring happiness, love.
Or specifically serving in a way that leads to the Law of One?
I must clearify since it makes little sense to serve someone if there won't be any result out of it.
Most people aren't awake and therefore their actions/desires are personal or simply of no importance to the the Law of One. I hope I am being clear on this.
The ultimate servers to others oftenly help us as we have seen only if this brings actual results to awakening/seeking the one, which then results in desiring to serve as well.
We struggle mostly of our lives if by pain, financial, social. But we get no service from the "guides" because this is of no improtance.
I get that seeing the creator in each entity, not judging, being nice overall is good and all. But this is not service, if I were to serve people of now would only abuse that to their own benefit and gain nothing related to creation.
I wish to serve, but I cannnot.
Apolgies for typos, I'm on my phone and can't edit.
I think those are extremely good questions that don't really have an answer and is extremely personal to each.

Quote:17.30 Questioner: Well, if an entity wants to learn ways of it, wants to be of service to others rather than service to self while he is in this third density, are there best ways of being of service to others, or is any way just as good as any other way?
Ra: I am Ra. The best way to be of service to others has been explicitly covered in previous material. We will iterate briefly.

The best way of service to others is the constant attempt to seek to share the love of the Creator as it is known to the inner self. This involves self knowledge and the ability to open the self to the other-self without hesitation. This involves, shall we say, radiating that which is the essence or the heart of the mind/body/spirit complex.

Speaking to the intention of your question, the best way for each seeker in third density to be of service to others is unique to that mind/body/spirit complex. This means that the mind/body/spirit complex must then seek within itself the intelligence of its own discernment as to the way it may best serve other-selves. This will be different for each. There is no best. There is no generalization. Nothing is known.
To add more of my own thoughts to my previous post, I think to be positive is not something that can be found in written texts, in the thoughts of others nor the opinion of others, although these things can act as triggers in your seeking of yourself.

To be positive is something to be found within, to seek your inner light and what feels positive to yourself. And what may feel to be positive on this day won't necessarily be what will feel to be positive in a year or a decade, it is ever subject to change and refinement, just as you yourself are changing being refined by your past.

You will never know the greatest way to serve, the most useful way to help others because each moment ever is unique in itself and also perfect. So all I think you will come to see in the long run is that what mattered for yourself was your intent and how you reacted to it being challenged by the complexity of your outer reality and how you needed to adapt to keep it's purity, and that what mattered for others is the only thing you were meant to offer, or even the only thing you could offer, the uniqueness of yourself among them.

In another thread not too long ago, there was a quote from Q'uo that was shared, that said that the most skillful choice in seeking to serve others always is to work on yourself and I think that really nailed it. Your desire to be positive is more than enough, all that is left is to find what feels right for yourself to do and cultivate your own well being, peace and light so that you may radiate it in a manner that does not diminish it within yourself. This will be unique to each and mimicking another will most likely not prove useful, unless perhaps for a time.
If you separate the mission twofold one part for yourself and other themself, you can begin to definite your service, in regards to polarization.

If you want to lead them towards the Law of One you can go about it three ways.

First way, is to do as Ra works hard to do, and provide them the tools and knowledge to teach themselves the Law of One meanwhile being neutral with little to none bias.
Second way is you could polarize negatively and manipulate them into learning the Law of One.
Third way is you could polarize positively and teach them the Law of One and also demonstrate it.

I hope I answered your query efficiently, and I apologize if I misinterpreted anything or did not communicate well.
(06-12-2016, 02:34 PM)Papercut Wrote: [ -> ]Serving in which direction exactly? Would it mean just being of service to bring happiness, love.
I must clearify since it makes little sense to serve someone if there won't be any result out of it.
Most people aren't awake and therefore their actions/desires are personal or simply of no importance to the the Law of One. I hope I am being clear on this.
The ultimate servers to others oftenly help us as we have seen only if this brings actual results to awakening/seeking the one, which then results in desiring to serve as well.
We struggle mostly of our lives if by pain, financial, social. But we get no service from the "guides" because this is of no improtance.
I get that seeing the creator in each entity, not judging, being nice overall is good and all. But this is not service, if I were to serve people of now would only abuse that to their own benefit and gain nothing related to creation.

I think there's a minor misunderstanding at the root of this, although an understandable one.  A positive polarity is a state of being and an inherent form of energy exchange with the universe.  That one who is positively-polarized will then naturally wish to engage in service-to-others is a byproduct of this state of being, not the focus or a pre-requisite.

There is some reciprocality involved, such that someone deliberately seeking to serve others can help increase their level of positive polarization, but it's still sort of a tail-wagging-the-dog thing.  Someone who isn't positively polarized will likely not feel that urge to do service at all. Also, it's entirely possible for someone to engage in actions that seem externally to be STO, but ultimately out of self-focused urges.  (Such as Nurse Ratched-type figures in medical facilities who are superficially trying to help people, but are really petty tyrants abusing their power over others. Or, police officers who are more kill-happy than the criminals they hunt.)

Likewise, it's the DESIRE to truly do service for others that matters, not the end result.  I know Q'uo said this flat-out, although I'd have to spend a lot of time digging in the archives to go find the q'uote.  Ra also said as much, by implication, when he discussed the impossibility of actually predicting the results of one's attempts at service on the 3D plane.   Even the most wise of entities can see well-laid plans go totally awry, due to circumstances out of their control and distortions among other-selves.  Humans are so generally contrary and distorted that any attempt to do service is inherently chaotic and unpredictable.  Just look at how poorly Ra's own attempts to work with the Egyptians turned out in the long run, despite even the Council of Saturn thinking them worthy efforts.

In short, "seeing the creator in each entity, not judging, being nice overall" are ABSOLUTELY forms of service.

Simply being aware that one's actions can bring either help or harm, and seeking to minimize harm done, is a form of service.  I'd even go so far as to say that merely wishing to do service and finding oneself stymied is, itself, evidence of a STO focus.  And as Minyatur quoted/said, ways of engaging in that service are pretty much unlimited, because virtually any action which derives from positive energies is almost always STO in some way or another.

It's about the internal energetic process, not the end results.  If it were only about results, even Yeshua would be found lacking.
I guess this is so, thank you for your comments. Lately I just feel that we posses such unique knowledge that there must be something that can be done to help the surrounding directly. It bothers me to see all that sorrow when we have the solution.
Well, remember what Q'uo said: We're here to love the Earth, not to fix it. For a lot of Wanderers, merely being on Earth at all, sharing energies with Gaia and helping with the 4D transition, is itself their primary service almost regardless of how they behave to all their other-selves wandering around. (assuming a certain standard of non-negative behavior, anyway)

Now, I don't think this means a ceasing all attempts to help out where one can. I think it's more a warning against becoming too fixated on results for three reasons:

1 - Everything about our plane of existence, including the Earth itself, is transitory. Even the most successful of efforts will be undone (or at least 'cast aside') in time. Ultimately, all that will remain are the energetic interactions and the impressions those left on all the entities involved.

2 - Being too worried about results can lead to discouragement and disillusionment, which can easily turn into a negative inwards spiral that's depolarizing. It's very easy to try to hold oneself up to standards which are simply impossible to achieve on this plane.

3 - Acceptance is a big part of love, especially if we're talking about higher-density Love as a force. If one views the Earth as broken -in need of fixing- then that requires a lot of non-acceptance of Earth as it is, which erodes one's Love. It's questionable whether that point of view is ultimately helpful to Gaia either. Think about times you've had some sort of illness: Isn't it incredibly annoying when ostensibly well-meaning people around you keep talking about how sick you are, when you're trying to forget\ignore it?

My advice is to focus on the small stuff. Just try to be the best human you can in your everyday life, and trust that the larger stuff will eventually work itself out.
_____
What if we're irritated by other people and don't like being in large crowds?
______

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0204.aspx Q`uo Wrote:...Many times, it seems to each, that there is no way that one person can be of service, that one person’s light can make a difference. However, this instrument is fond of saying that in a dark place the light of one candle can be seen for quite a distance. Metaphysically, this is far more true even than the physical truth of candles and sight. Each of you makes a significant difference to the lightening of the planet as well as to the lightening of your soul. For when each of you does one, each of you is doing the other. To work on the self is to work on the world. Indeed, to work on the self is the most direct and effective way to work on the outer world in a metaphysical sense...

(06-13-2016, 03:03 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-13-2016, 01:54 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]What if we're irritated by other people and don't like being in large crowds?

Sounds like you're very sensitive to energy. It's natural to feel irritated when we
pick inharmonious energies. There are techniques to help us being unaffected by others
energies if we don't want to (ie "the rose" by Jim Self, white light protection...).

I do like certain people like Disney animators who give us awesome films.
I admire many artists.
(06-12-2016, 02:34 PM)Papercut Wrote: [ -> ]Serving in which direction exactly? Would it mean just being of service to bring happiness, love.

I'd like to share a personal anecdote. I don't know if I completely understand the gist of your post, but I do believe it is related in some small way. Please forgive the length, but I feel like sharing.

This is one of the most poignant memories of my life experience. I was 18 years old and attending a community college. My life, from my perspective at the time, was basically falling apart. I had just gone through an extremely rough breakup with the first girl I loved. Due to unfortunate circumstances in high school, I was not qualified to attend university and was stuck attending community college while living at home with my parents. All of my friends had gone off to "real" colleges and I was left alone. I found it very difficult to meet anyone while in school, so I didn't make any new friends. I was slipping into depression, so my grades were starting to suffer to the point of no return. Living with my parents was stressful and we were constantly at odds with each other. I felt that I was completely isolated from the world and in a turbulent spiral downwards into complete insignificance. 

It's worth mentioning at this point that I was, what would be called from our perspective, "not awake." There was no spark of spiritual seeking and I believe I was generally driven by responding to catalyst rather than growing from it. Perhaps what you are referring to when you say "actions/desires are personal or simply of no importance to the the Law of One."

The dark cloud over my life seemed to grow to its thickest one day in class when I just decided to give up. I wouldn't say I had any real suicidal thoughts, but I remember a moment of utter defeat, and the last bit of hope that anything in my life might get better shrank to nothing. Never in my life had I felt more insignificant, more useless, more invisible.

I had a long walk across campus to my car after class and I was wearing this defeat on my sleeve, I'm sure. It was not a question in my mind that I had simply disappeared to the universe and my life was now this darkness. I was walking with my head down and, from the periphery of my vision, spotted a person walking towards me in the opposite direction. I moved to the side and completely expected them to walk by without any hint of notice, like most people do with all other people throughout all crowded areas of the world.

But I was stopped in my tracks when I heard a cheerful and upbeat call of "Hello!" I looked up at her and was struck when our eyes met. I didn't recognize her and I could tell that she didn't recognize me - at least, she didn't recognize me in the sense of knowing who I was, but it was clear that she did recognize that I was a person, another living human being, and she was simply acknowledging that. And through her eyes shined a welcoming embrace of me as a person. Without knowing anything about me, it seemed to me by that simple action that she was just accepting me, something which I firmly believed at the time I didn't deserve. She smiled wide at me and kept walking.

I was so shocked that she even saw me, let alone felt called to engage with me, I don't remember if I even responded. That one word, the short gaze, and the warm smile stuck with me through the entire day, and then for the following week, and beyond that. It has been one of my most consistently recalled memories for my life so far. I think about her often. I don't remember what she looked like or anything specific about her, but I remember vividly how such a short, simple act of kindness - that took essentially no effort on her part - managed to shake my belief that I was insignificant. It's a common theme of my contemplations to this day.

I doubt she felt she was "being of service," or that she would define her action as "seeing the Creator" in me. I am quite sure that whoever she is, she doesn't remember that greeting. She may have forgotten about it moments after it happened. But the impact it has had on my life is profound. I don't think I'm in any position to evaluate her spiritually, but I do feel that in order for her to simply be so open to greeting and smiling at someone random, she was on a positive spiritual path of love. I do not doubt the love and acceptance I felt in her eyes.

So don't discount the sort of effect you can have by simply "being nice." Defining our path as "service" may introduce some confusion and feelings of inadequacy. I think we must take a broad and general definition of service. As Ra said in the quote Minyataur posted, "The best way of service to others is the constant attempt to seek to share the love of the Creator as it is known to the inner self. This involves self knowledge and the ability to open the self to the other-self without hesitation. This involves, shall we say, radiating that which is the essence or the heart of the mind/body/spirit complex." I fully believe that is what she did for me. She shared love and opened herself to me without hesitation.

Perhaps she has smiled at thousands of random people in her lifetime and I am the only who remembers. Some maybe even took advantage of her openness and used the social situation to their advantage. But if I were to put value on the gift she gave me, I would say it is worth thousands of smiles and much more.

We can't expect to save anyone with our love. But if a simple hello and a smile can have such an incredible effect on me, it's hard for me to think that any service done in love is lost to insignificance in this crazy world.
(06-14-2016, 12:43 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd like to share a personal anecdote. I don't know if I completely understand the gist of your post, but I do believe it is related in some small way. Please forgive the length, but I feel like sharing.

This is one of the most poignant memories of my life experience. I was 18 years old and attending a community college. My life, from my perspective at the time, was basically falling apart. I had just gone through an extremely rough breakup with the first girl I loved. Due to unfortunate circumstances in high school, I was not qualified to attend university and was stuck attending community college while living at home with my parents. All of my friends had gone off to "real" colleges and I was left alone. I found it very difficult to meet anyone while in school, so I didn't make any new friends. I was slipping into depression, so my grades were starting to suffer to the point of no return. Living with my parents was stressful and we were constantly at odds with each other. I felt that I was completely isolated from the world and in a turbulent spiral downwards into complete insignificance. 

It's worth mentioning at this point that I was, what would be called from our perspective, "not awake." There was no spark of spiritual seeking and I believe I was generally driven by responding to catalyst rather than growing from it. Perhaps what you are referring to when you say "actions/desires are personal or simply of no importance to the the Law of One."

The dark cloud over my life seemed to grow to its thickest one day in class when I just decided to give up. I wouldn't say I had any real suicidal thoughts, but I remember a moment of utter defeat, and the last bit of hope that anything in my life might get better shrank to nothing. Never in my life had I felt more insignificant, more useless, more invisible.

I had a long walk across campus to my car after class and I was wearing this defeat on my sleeve, I'm sure. It was not a question in my mind that I had simply disappeared to the universe and my life was now this darkness. I was walking with my head down and, from the periphery of my vision, spotted a person walking towards me in the opposite direction. I moved to the side and completely expected them to walk by without any hint of notice, like most people do with all other people throughout all crowded areas of the world.

But I was stopped in my tracks when I heard a cheerful and upbeat call of "Hello!" I looked up at her and was struck when our eyes met. I didn't recognize her and I could tell that she didn't recognize me - at least, she didn't recognize me in the sense of knowing who I was, but it was clear that she did recognize that I was a person, another living human being, and she was simply acknowledging that. And through her eyes shined a welcoming embrace of me as a person. Without knowing anything about me, it seemed to me by that simple action that she was just accepting me, something which I firmly believed at the time I didn't deserve. She smiled wide at me and kept walking.

I was so shocked that she even saw me, let alone felt called to engage with me, I don't remember if I even responded. That one word, the short gaze, and the warm smile stuck with me through the entire day, and then for the following week, and beyond that. It has been one of my most consistently recalled memories for my life so far. I think about her often. I don't remember what she looked like or anything specific about her, but I remember vividly how such a short, simple act of kindness - that took essentially no effort on her part - managed to shake my belief that I was insignificant. It's a common theme of my contemplations to this day.

I doubt she felt she was "being of service," or that she would define her action as "seeing the Creator" in me. I am quite sure that whoever she is, she doesn't remember that greeting. She may have forgotten about it moments after it happened. But the impact it has had on my life is profound. I don't think I'm in any position to evaluate her spiritually, but I do feel that in order for her to simply be so open to greeting and smiling at someone random, she was on a positive spiritual path of love. I do not doubt the love and acceptance I felt in her eyes.

So don't discount the sort of effect you can have by simply "being nice." Defining our path as "service" may introduce some confusion and feelings of inadequacy. I think we must take a broad and general definition of service. As Ra said in the quote Minyataur posted, "The best way of service to others is the constant attempt to seek to share the love of the Creator as it is known to the inner self. This involves self knowledge and the ability to open the self to the other-self without hesitation. This involves, shall we say, radiating that which is the essence or the heart of the mind/body/spirit complex." I fully believe that is what she did for me. She shared love and opened herself to me without hesitation.

Perhaps she has smiled at thousands of random people in her lifetime and I am the only who remembers. Some maybe even took advantage of her openness and used the social situation to their advantage. But if I were to put value on the gift she gave me, I would say it is worth thousands of smiles and much more.

We can't expect to save anyone with our love. But if a simple hello and a smile can have such an incredible effect on me, it's hard for me to think that any service done in love is lost to insignificance in this crazy world.

I'm speechless, thank you for sharing this experience of pure love.