Bring4th

Full Version: Awakening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
At what age have you spiritually/consciously awakened?
And what feeling have you experienced at that particular moment? Eg. fear, shock, happiness, bliss etc.
ZZzz
I've been a seeker all of my life. Ever since I was a child ETs and spirits fascinated me, and they were a fact to me. when I was about 17 I began seeking more deeply. I was looking for a path and found that the western magickal tradition of Qabalah resonated with me, yet still I couldn't form a practice.

In 2014, when I was 21/22, I discovered and read the Law of One. This was the icing on the cake. This was everything I had been looking for that I didn't realize I was looking for. This is when I truly awakened. It was as if my soul stood up and began singing in joy! It was a very energetic feeling in my chest. Everything, my life, my seeking to that point, came together is the most beautiful harmony! My life hasn't been the same since. After awakening, my personal path was laid bare and obvious for me, and I was able to start walking it. I formed a daily ritualistic meditation practice (that is ever in refinement as I change and grow and learn).

In conclusion, awakening was unexpected and very obvious. You shall certainly know when you have awakened. (In my opinion at least.)

I'd love to hear all of your guys' experiences! Thank you Papercut Smile
I don't think I had any one particular moment. More like a gradual expanding of awareness where the things that had happened in my life progressively made more and more sense. Some of the largest changes occurred in my late teens and early twenties, but there were epiphanies of varying intensity that came before and after that as well, and I still have those moments on and off to this day. Emotional responses have ranged from anxiety and depression to joy and euphoria. I guess I could say that some realizations are more pleasant than others.
My initiatory experience happened because a friend I had that had moved away became intensely christian afterward. He'd talk about his faith with a few people I know over the net and they would print the transcripts to make fun of him. This made me wonder and lead me to talk to him about his faith because I wanted to understand why he cared so much and kept at it despite the poor feedback, and that night on his advice, I tried praying to God and merely asked "if you exist I want to know" which gave me a very strong experience and lead to my self-taught christian days....

I think this was the first key moment, the second one was finding the Ra material which gave direction to my mind consciously starting to unveil itself.

How I felt at the experience was firstly shame, tears ran out of my eyes as I was being filled with light until it filled my heart with peace. There was no words nor ideas in the process, just the light doing it's work and changing me anew.
Interesting comments, seems like no single awakening is the same.
You never had the moment where you questioned your own being previous to the Ra material?
"Why must I speak to myself in this language that I was taught to define who I am [name]?" ;unveil personality/ego
I awoke in late spring / early summer 2011, which would have made me 25/26.

It was a very sudden awakening. Before that, I was a staunch, materialistic atheist. However, looking back, I had quite a few traits since I was a kid that is partially why I believe I am a wanderer.

If you're interested in a more complete story, you can always read my 'wanderer story': http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=3493
I was 27-28 when it started for me..

I grew up southern bapist and my transition was and is still pretty tough.  

The beginning was the hardest, because of my upbringing I was terribly anxious. I was afraid that if I was wrong that I was committing my soul to damnation, along with my family's if I dared to continue. It wasn't like a moment, my spiritual awakening, it was a gradual realization. I came close to a nervous breakdown a few times, and I still dip my toe into being unbalanced when I get deep into a study.  

Ya, I've noticed everyone awakens differently as well. I've always been the 'rebel', always asking questions about things that didn't make sense to me. You ask my mom what kind of a kid I was, and she will tell you that I was the 'evil' mastermind of my 3 brothers, always questioning the logic of authority and encouraging my brothers to do so as well, so I was a 'bad kid'.

It wasn't until after I got married that I started my studies. The first several years was all about decoding the bible, prophecy, different meanings and symbols. Many times I'd walk myself into a corner and my research would lead to nowhere but more questions. I never ventured my thoughts outside of my religion because I was afraid that if I questioned my faith I would go to hell. It wasn't until my marriage took a bad turn that I started to question everything. I thought before that, that everyone was genuinely a good person, but that sometimes they just get a little jaded and mixed up but I thought I could basically trust most people. I realized then that everything that I thought and pretty much all of my being was put together with the naive blind trust that I put in others. I didn't know why I was a Christian, I didn't know who I was at all, actually. I remember being in my office one day and praying for truth, for wisdom that the bible promises to give you if you seek because nothing was making sense to me anymore. It was the day after that I began my venture outside of the box, I understand now that I was opening my mind during that prayer, I had asked for the truth no matter how I would feel about it. I started studying and researching my questions about things that didn't make sense to me. I started digging into the editing, omitting, and manipulation that the bible had undergone by the church. This lead to the gnostic books which lead to me studying all other types of religion from the oldest to the newest, and how it all tied in together.  Eventually I ended up with the Ra Material and just kept going.  Every time I think I've reached the bottom and I think there couldn't be much more to learn I receive another inspiration to continue to search.  It seems some people need to take the long road to get here and others are already quite close.  
I've never really been comfortable with the concept of awakening since to me that evokes a sense of separation between those who consider themselves "awake" and the rest of humanity whom they consider to be "asleep." To me that is a dangerous line to walk. We are all co-creators and there are those who don't follow a spiritual path but would likely be considered harvestable according to the Law of One and those who consider themselves to be awakened because they are into spirituality who are mostly just full of it Tongue . To me there are different degrees of wakefulness rather than an awakened/asleep binary. The path of awakening and degree of awakening required by an individual to fulfill their mission vary from one person to another.

Now that I've gotten my personal psychological hang-ups regarding the concept of awakening out of the way  Confused . . . I think I've always had an openness to the concept of a greater spiritual reality but it was mostly muddled and unconscious. I've been lucky to have been blessed with a strong moral compass and philosophical mindset and I think that served me well throughout my youth and kept me from getting too caught up in some of the more superficial aspects of life on Earth. My spiritual journey only got started in earnest at around the age of 25-26. Before then I had a lot of issues regarding feelings of unworthiness and a belief that I was somehow fundamentally unlovable that I think held me back. When I was 25 I met someone who loved me deeply and I think that helped me get over some of my issues to a degree allowing me to accept the idea of a loving creator and that I was worthy of that love. From there things took off. Angel
Spaced Wrote:I've never really been comfortable with the concept of awakening since to me that evokes a sense of separation between those who consider themselves "awake" and the rest of humanity whom they consider to be "asleep." To me that is a dangerous line to walk.

I share your sentiment here. While it's certainly so that some are more... "conscious" than others, for a lack of a better word, those thoughts (however subconscious and innocent) of "poor them" and "lucky me" does create a sense of division, if you're not careful, and I think it has a detrimental effect on one's possible service to them, because people can definitely sense when you consider yourself "more this" or "more that", since we are dancing thoughts after all. I love Carla's term "angels unaware" when she referred to people who haven't quite awakened yet, and I also often say to myself "we are all bozos on a bus"! For most of us it's a gradual process anyway, and elitism can easily sneak in the back door, for the mind contains all things, and we all have a little elitism inside of us, so it's something to guard against I feel, it's very subtle.

I have found that if you just love and accept people for exactly how they are, you have done so much more for them than wanting to "show them the way".
This is quite bothering. Everytime I try to state this nobody seems to pay actual attention.
Seeking spirituality or reading any channeled material isn't awakening, It's just concious knowledge.
By "awakening" I mean breaking free of the physical 3D body both conciously/uncounciously, realize within all your being that you are not [name] you are not defined by [language], words, voice, memories, you are not those [pictures] you are not that [facebook] you are not those [hobbies]. Breaking free of the illusion. This is specifically why the key is 'silence'.
I would think awakening denotes a certain focus or direction. We are infinite beings with no end nor beginning to ourselves, awakening both in 3D and even outside of 3D would then to me mean to become aware of that nature.

I guess then that awakening is a gradual process that reaches to the Source, you have fully awakened when you have resolved this experience (Octave) and awakened back as the sole experiencer of all of infinity. That moment that is infinitely reached by you through infinite paths, the point where all of your infinity meets as one.
But here in 3D I do think it denotes being aware that you awake to something, else the term makes no sense to be used. You need awareness that you are awakening to something. That you are more than this life.

Just like being awake in a dream implies that you know you exist outside the dream, yet you are fully awake when the dream is no more.
(06-20-2016, 06:27 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]I guess then that awakening is a gradual process that reaches to the Source, you have fully awakened when you have resolved this experience (Octave) and awakened back as the sole experiencer of all of infinity.

Precisely, thank you.
I'm afraid the experience you describe hasn't been my experience, Papercut. For me it's definitely a gradual experience, and not like it was for someone like, say Eckhart Tolle for example, who had quite a drastic awakening like the way you describe. I inch a little bit closer gradually. Things like not identifying with form, as you describe, falls away eventually, as it had with me for the most part. With meditation I have had some great insight though, little peeks beyond the illusion.
Then I completely miscomprehended the situation. It explains a lot, thank you for being sincere.
(06-20-2016, 03:21 PM)YinYang Wrote: [ -> ]
Spaced Wrote:I've never really been comfortable with the concept of awakening since to me that evokes a sense of separation between those who consider themselves "awake" and the rest of humanity whom they consider to be "asleep." To me that is a dangerous line to walk.

I share your sentiment here. While it's certainly so that some are more... "conscious" than others, for a lack of a better word, those thoughts (however subconscious and innocent) of "poor them" and "lucky me" does create a sense of division, if you're not careful, and I think it has a detrimental effect on one's possible service to them, because people can definitely sense when you consider yourself "more this" or "more that", since we are dancing thoughts after all. I love Carla's term "angels unaware" when she referred to people who haven't quite awakened yet, and I also often say to myself "we are all bozos on a bus"! For most of us it's a gradual process anyway, and elitism can easily sneak in the back door, for the mind contains all things, and we all have a little elitism inside of us, so it's something to guard against I feel, it's very subtle.

I have found that if you just love and accept people for exactly how they are, you have done so much more for them than wanting to "show them the way".
I agree that it's a very fine line. I'm always hesitant to use the word awakened. Those who are not awakened are certainly not any lesser. And those who are awakened are not any better. Just because one identifies as 'awakened' doesn't mean we are done. No, when one awakens he has just begun on his journey. We all awake in our own time. We are all exactly where we need to be. And how can one say he is better than another when both are at the appropriate nexus in their evolution?

Now the Law of One also says that many are not ready for graduation at this time. Many there who have not awakened to their spiritual identity.

There is no way for one to determine whether he is harvestable. Therefore it's not something to worry about. Honestly all we can do is hope and have faith that the Creator has given us every opportunity to achieve harvestability in this lifetime. We won't know until we have passed through the Gates of Death and walked the steps of light. But Ra has stated that those incarnate and incarnating at this time have the potential to graduate.

Awakening seems to be a different experience for each. And I'm positive that we all have different ideas about what awakening means to us. It's a very subtle thing, and it's hard to describe. Q'uo has said that once one awakens his eyes are opened for the entire incarnation: there is no going back to sleep. Which I find to be true in my own experience.

So I think that whether you've had a specific moment or have had a gradual progression, you are seeing with new eyes and hearing with new ears. And once you begin that process, it's begun and there is no going back. That is what awakening means to me.

Much love to you all. I'm enjoying reading all of these stories. You are all such beautiful souls. (Also, Papercut, your signature is of my two favorites quotes: 'As Above, So Below' and 'Know Thyself.' They're very meaningful to me Smile )
Awakened/unawakened, aware/unaware, STO/STS, it's just a word to generalize someone. It's not making you superior or elite unless you feel that way. We love and accept all of creation equally.
It just feels like the new american meta where one can't say a word without the other being offended.
"You can't say that, It's offensive to carrots!"; "I'm a carrot and I find this offensive."
Your comments are filled with love nonetheless, thank you for sharing.  RollEyes  Heart
The more 'awake' I become the more asleep I realize that I am.  Funny that.
[quote='Papercut' pid='208735' dateline='1466253985']
Hello,
And what feeling have you experienced at that particular moment? Eg. fear, shock, happiness, bliss etc.
ZZzz
[/quote
Hi papercut, I recon I've allways been a seeker of a spiritual truth. Even in Sunday school at the methodist church I'd think there has to be more to this. But mine matured by the age of around 30 (give or take a year). But one of the most profound things that happened back then was realizing that I had/was male and female qualities. Strictly hetro but it was such a realization to me it brought on what I call an expansion of consciousness. A hole vista of knowledge was suddenly available to me. Many questions I had I suddenly knew the answer. My empathy and understanding of what that ment on a grander scale was profound. I could see "god" verywhere. And that was just the beginning.
Walk well my friend.
WanderingOZ
(Mark )
(06-18-2016, 08:46 AM)Papercut Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
ZZzz
It was AMAZING
WanderingOZ (Mark )
[quote='Spaced' pid='208816' dateline='1466448908']
I've never really been comfortable with the concept of awakening since to me that evokes a sense of separation between those who consider themselves "awake" and the rest of humanity whom they consider to be "asleep." To me that is a dangerous line to walk. We are all co-creators and there are those who don't follow a spiritual path but would likely be considered harvestable according to the Law of One and those who consider themselves to be awakened because they are into spirituality who are mostly just full of it Tongue . To me there are different degrees of wakefulness rather than an awakened/asleep binary. The path of awakening and degree of awakening required by an individual to fulfill their mission vary from one person to another.

I have to disagree. For me it created a greater (conectedness?) a love for all, and a greater direction. There was no supiority. Just an urgency to try and spread any knowledge and love that I had in any way I could as long as it did not hurt anyone or anything.
WanderingOZ
(Mark )
(06-18-2016, 08:46 AM)Papercut Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
ZZzz

19 or 20
bliss
I thought this would be insightful to share. I read a transcript in the mornings, and this is an excerpt from an L/L Research channeling session with Q'uo:
Quote:You ask this day for us to share our opinions on how awakening entities are coming to experience a universe in which time and space have given way to infinity and eternity and the seeking of the metaphysical self has become more important than the approval of the world or any worldly gain which does not have its roots in love: the love of one doing the service, the love of one offering the self. Many entities are awakening now to their spiritual identity. This is the time for the blooming of those feelings and awareness that have long been hidden. This is the time of the blossoming of those entities upon your planet who have become aware of themselves as citizens of eternity.

It is our opinion that all things are one, that all there is dwells within each entity. It is our feeling that each entity contains the infinite creation. All things are thought, all thoughts, all emotions, all that is seen, all that is sensed in any way has manifestation to the outer eye but first has roots within that inner being that is connected, not with larger spaces, but with infinity itself. For each of you is that holographic image of all that there is. Each of you is one thing. The small self cannot grasp the unity that is the truth of all your peoples upon your sphere of Earth. It seems obvious to the outer eye that each entity is a person unto herself, and yet just as a child awakens for the first time in her mother’s arms and becomes aware of a new world of sight and sound and sensation, just so does the spiritual self within the human being awaken to an alarm that only it can hear.

No two entities have the same clock setting. There is no one time for spirits within bodies to awaken. For each seeker that time of awakening is perfect and right although it may not seem right to others. It always shall come to the one who is ready to deal with the implications of the new inner birth that constitutes the awakening into realization of the self as a spirit independent of space and time but wholly dependent upon love and light. For each is love and light, yet each also transduces love and light as it streams from the infinite Creator into the Earth plane. And so each of you, no matter the age or any details about the person, each who is awakening is a receiver and a transmitter of vibration.

Your scientists tell you that all that there is is made up of particles of energy vibrating at various speeds and creating various energy fields. One such energy field is that in which is contained the spirit of each of you, and when that spirit awakens there is no going back to sleep. Once awake, the seeker must remain awake and alert. The question then becomes, “How can I help this process of awakening along? How can I accelerate the pace of my spiritual evolution?” We would suggest several ways in which this can be encouraged.
- http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0207.aspx