Bring4th

Full Version: Do not resist evil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So how how do you guys interpret this saying from Jesus? "do not resist evil".

Recently while I was meditating on the opposites as advised by Ra, I felt that this exercise was closely related to what Jesus said.

Quote:We begin with the mental learn/teachings necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

Within the door lies an hierarchical construction you may liken unto geography and in some ways geometry, for the hierarchy is quite regular, bearing inner relationships.

To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

The second mental discipline is acceptance of the completeness within your consciousness. It is not for a being of polarity in the physical consciousness to pick and choose among attributes, thus building the roles that cause blockages and confusions in the already-distorted mind complex. Each acceptance smoothes part of the many distortions that the faculty you call judgment engenders.

The third discipline of the mind is a repetition of the first but with the gaze outward towards the fellow entities that it meets. In each entity there exists completeness. Thus, the ability to understand each balance is necessary. When you view patience, you are responsible for mirroring in your mental understanding, patience/impatience. When you view impatience, it is necessary for your mental configuration of understanding to be impatience/patience. We use this as a simple example. Most configurations of mind have many facets, and understanding of either self polarities, or what you would call other-self polarities, can and must be understood as subtle work.

The next step is the acceptance of the other-self polarities, which mirrors the second step.

These are the first four steps of learning mental discipline. The fifth step involves observing the geographical and geometrical relationships and ratios of the mind, the other mind, the mass mind, and the infinite mind.

Quote:Questioner:
I am going to make a statement and ask you to comment on its degree of accuracy. I am assuming that the balanced entity would not be swayed either towards positive or negative emotions by any situation which he might confront. By remaining unemotional in any situation, the balanced entity may clearly discern the appropriate and necessary responses in harmony with the Law of One for each situation.

Most entities on our planet find themselves unconsciously caught up into every emotional situation which they come in contact with according to their own unique biases and because of these biases are unable to see clearly teach/learning opportunities and appropriate response in each emotional situation and must therefore, through a process of much trial and error and enduring of resulting pain repeat such situations many many times until they become consciously aware of the need to balance their energy centers and thusly their responses and behaviors. Once a person becomes consciously aware of the need to balance their energy centers and responses the next step is to allow the appropriately positive or negative responses to emotional situations to flow smoothly through their being without retaining any of the emotional coloration after it has been consciously observed and allowed to flow through the being. And I am assuming that this ability to consciously observe the positively or negatively charged energy flowing through the being may be augmented by practice of the balancing exercises you have given us with the result in balance being achieved for the entity which would allow him to remain unemotional and undistorted in regards to the Law of One in any situation much like the objective viewer of the television movie.

Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is an incorrect application of the balancing which we have discussed. The exercise of first experiencing feelings and then consciously discovering their antitheses within the being has as its objective not the smooth flow of feelings both positive and negative while remaining unswayed but rather the objective of becoming unswayed. This is a simpler result and takes much practice, shall we say.

The catalyst of experience works in order for the learn/teachings of this density to occur. However, if there is seen in the being a response, even if it is simply observed, the entity is still using the catalyst for learn/teaching. The end result is that the catalyst is no longer needed. Thus this density is no longer needed. This is not indifference or objectivity but a finely tuned compassion and love which sees all things as love. This seeing elicits no response due to catalytic reactions. Thus the entity is now able to become co-Creator of experiential occurrences. This is the truer balance.
I would think you refer to this quote :

Matthew 5:39King James Version (KJV) Wrote:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

If you take another version though you read :

Matthew 5:39New International Version (NIV) Wrote:39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

So the quote seems to call for pacifism, to not respond to violence with violence or evil with evil.
Entire passage

Quote:Eye for Eye
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
Thanks Minya, yes, but don't you think it ties into these balancing exercises, because pacifism or being truly unswayed is basically the result of being balanced.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. This is an incorrect application of the balancing which we have discussed. The exercise of first experiencing feelings and then consciously discovering their antitheses within the being has as its objective not the smooth flow of feelings both positive and negative while remaining unswayed but rather the objective of becoming unswayed. This is a simpler result and takes much practice, shall we say.

And also fairly rare in 3D I think:

Quote:Questioner: This motion picture brought out this point of which we have been talking. And the entity, the Colonel, had to make a decision at that point. I was just wondering, with respect to polarity, his polarization. He could have either knuckled under, you might say, to the negative forces, but he chose to defend his friend instead. Is it possible for you to estimate which is more positively polarizing: to defend the positively oriented entity, or to allow the suppression by the negatively oriented entities? Can you answer this even?

Ra: I am Ra. This question takes in the scope of fourth density as well as your own and its answer may best be seen by the action of the entity called Jehoshua, which you call Jesus. This entity was to be defended by its friends. The entity reminded its friends to put away the sword. This entity then delivered itself to be put to the physical death. The impulse to protect the loved other-self is one which persists through the fourth density, a density abounding in compassion. More than this we cannot and need not say.
Quotes I feel are relevant:

Quote:75.15 Questioner: The chink then, as I understand it, was originally created by the decision of Jesus to take the path of martyrdom? Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is, in relation to this instrument, quite correct. It is aware of certain over-balances towards love, even to martyrdom but has not yet, to any significant degree, balanced these distortions. We do not imply that this course of unbridled compassion has any fault but affirm its perfection. It is an example of love which has served as beacon to many.

For those who seek further, the consequences of martyrdom must be considered, for in martyrdom lies the end of the opportunity, in the density of the martyr, to offer love and light. Each entity must seek its deepest path.

Quote:84.4 Questioner: The instrument asked the following question: Ra has implied that the instrument is on a path of martyrdom, but since all die are we not all martyr to something? When, if ever, does martyrdom partake of wisdom?

Ra: I am Ra. This is a thoughtful query. Let us use as exemplar the one known as Jehoshua. This entity incarnated with the plan of martyrdom. There is no wisdom in this plan but rather understanding and compassion extended to its fullest perfection. The one known as Jehoshua would have been less than fully understanding of its course had it chosen to follow its will at any space/time during its teachings. Several times, as you call this measure, this entity had the possibility of moving towards the martyr’s place which was, for that martyr, Jerusalem. Yet in meditation this entity stated, time and again, “It is not yet the hour.” The entity could also have, when the hour came, walked another path. Its incarnation would then have been prolonged but the path for which it incarnated somewhat confused. Thusly, one may observe the greatest amount of understanding, of which this entity was indeed capable, taking place as the entity in meditation felt and knew that the hour had come for that to be fulfilled which was its incarnation.

It is indeed so that all mind/body/spirit complexes shall die to the third-density illusion; that is, that each yellow-ray physical-complex body shall cease to be viable. It is a misnomer to, for this reason alone, call each mind/body/spirit complex a martyr, for this term is reserved for those who lay down their lives for the service they may provide to others. We may encourage meditation upon the functions of the will.

Sorry there's no real clear statements that I felt worthy to bold for ease of reading. The point I want to make here is that there is no 'one path' that we must follow. More important than adhering blindly to maxims is contemplation/meditation on the issue -- and to find that knot of thoughts and emotions within one's self and begin working to untangle it, to figure out what your core values are, who you are. Adhering to ideas or values that you don't personally resonate with is, I would think, 'depolarizing.'

If Jesus wanted to walk the path of 'understanding and compassion extended to its fullest perfection' incorporating 'no wisdom,' we might then see that reflected in his urging to lay down the sword / turn the other cheek.

Basically, maxims are a great tool and all for life on 3D earth -- but meditation is more important and spiritually enlightening. Which, IMO is or should be the end goal of any valuable maxim in the first place. Know yourself, and be true to you.
I thought you had meant it in the idea of not resisting evil thoughts as to allow balance of thoughts and a fuller exploration of the mind. So for example, pacifism can be balanced with it's opposite thought, this does not mean you will find yourself to seek the opposite but will come to understand it in others through internalizing it within yourself. So when someone acts violence toward you, you will understand the energitical charge behind the action and perceive love, allowing you to remain unswayed. So they are linked in this sense, in that the bible's quote speaks of the end result that can be found through the exercise.

About the second quote, there's this rather controversial bible quote :

New International Version Wrote:"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.

I always interpreted this as not hating (this being most likely a bad translation from the original text) but as liking less or rather not liking more (there's websites talking about this quote). To not see your familly and those who are close to you as being different than others only because they are close to you, to perhaps face a need to forsake them to truly serve all others that need you. In some way, to love some more than others creates separation between you, them and others. This probably can only be done through balancing opposite thought, seeking to find the feeling that your special ones are not special.
Ha-ha, well that's either a case of bad translation, or just negatively influenced. I once worked with someone who showed me this website - http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/ - focusing on all the absurdities in the bible. It was on this website that I first saw the verse you mentioned.

I understand though what you mean with love not being selective, Eckhart Tolle wrote this in Power of Now:

Quote:Love is not selective, just as the light of the sun is not selective. It does not make one person special. It is not exclusive. Exclusivity is not the love of God but the "love" of ego. However, the intensity with which true love is felt can vary. There may be one person who reflects your love back to you more clearly and more intensely than others, and if that person feels the same toward you, it can be said that you are in a love relationship with him or her. The bond that connects you with that person is the same bond that connects you with the person sitting next to you on a bus, or with a bird, a tree, a flower. Only the degree of intensity with which it is felt differs.
(06-23-2016, 10:58 AM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]I thought you had meant it in the idea of not resisting evil thoughts as to allow balance of thoughts and a fuller exploration of the mind. So for example, pacifism can be balanced with it's opposite thought, this does not mean you will find yourself to seek the opposite but will come to understand it in others through internalizing it within yourself.

I'd suggest some more modern parallels could also be drawn to so-called "noise-cancelling" headphones. The basic idea behind them is that for every sound, there is an equal-and-opposite anti-sound which cancels out the sound waves. This short vid has a nice illustration of them:

I tend to think THIS is closer to what Ra is talking about. When someone seeking "higher" mental balance has an impulse to act, Impulse A, they should seek to discover Impulse Anti-A which would cancel out the original impulse, leaving all energy conserved and -critically- WITHOUT leaving behind feelings of frustration, incompleteness, and soforth. Because those distortions can easily take on their own life and create their own problems.

eg, Someone who really wants a cookie, but is on a diet, then obsesses over the cookie they cannot have and this makes them grumpy. Whereas if they could discover the energetic impulse inspiring that desire for a cookie, they could cancel out the impulse cleanly, and leave stillness rather than frustration in its wake.

I also see that advice as relating to the Daoist concept of "Wu-Wei" which translates as something like "non-action" or "action without action" or "action without effort." The basic idea being that one who is truly at unity with both themselves and the outside world could follow their most natural impulses without the slightest thought or resistance, and effortlessly be harmonious with the events around them. Ra's suggestions for becoming unswayable seem like they would lead directly to a Wu-Wei state of being, if successfully achieved.
_______
Nice, so I'd assume this is the same with your thoughts regarding an uncomfortable person per se?
Eg. You sit in the bus, and a guy sits by you. He smells, really.. really .. REALLY bad. Let the jesus out of this community come thy-forth and honestly say he'd feel no disgust, rather love and accept his presence.
I'm so messed up.. Confused
_________
You, higher self, social memory, unity? Just a guess haha.
(06-23-2016, 04:32 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know what Ra means here ?

"The fifth step involves observing the geographical and geometrical relationships and ratios of the mind, the other mind, the mass mind, and the infinite mind."

I am not actually sure what Ra means there... What do you think it means?

PS. And I agree with you about not fighting evil, it only strengthens it... something can only be balanced by it's anti-thesis as I understand it... if only it was easy... Carla was quite good at this, she once used an analogy of inviting a snarling wolf into your bosom, or something like that.
_______
_____
Since the concept from the old law that was taken is an eye for an eye, it is interesting to note that Jesus did not say to offer your second eye.
(06-23-2016, 04:32 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know what Ra means here ?
"The fifth step involves observing the geographical and geometrical relationships and ratios of the mind, the other mind, the mass mind, and the infinite mind."

I tend to think that what he's referring to here is touching on what would be considered 5th Density work, the cultivation of Wisdom.   The first four steps he lists could be seen as correlating roughly to the first four densities, beginning with the discovery of selfness itself, culminating in the recognition and acceptance of other-selves, which is one aspect of universal love.  The next step, therefore, moves further beyond, taking these understandings\acceptances of self and other-self and universal-self and looking to understand them and work with them in a much more fundamental way.  My own understanding is that is actually what "Wisdom" means on his level: Comprehending fundamental energetic interactions to the point it's possible to largely predict and\or consciously shape their flow. Metaphors like "deep magick" would probably apply.

So I would think, for one thing, the reason he's so terse on that point is that very few receiving his teachings would be in a position to successfully pursue such learning work.  He's just sort of saying "This is the ultimate 'goal' of the first four steps, and the gateway to the next major sphere of knowledge, if you happen to get that far."  

But the thing is...  at that point, we're talking about trying to comprehend the underlying flow of the energies that power the cosmos, beyond any real verbal or three-dimensional reference point.  The flow of energy, and the relationships between various energetic-selves, could be seen as having a sort of geometry, but describing energetic relationships rather than spacial ones.  Vibrational harmony or disharmony as an analog for "distance," for example.   And he touches on these odd geometries at various points, like his discussions of the so-called Law of Doubling.  Ie, that two harmonious energies then combine to create an energy flow which is the square of its parts rather than the sum.  That would be one sort of 'geometry' as he's talking about, I think, but of course there's simply no comparable physical effect on Earth since entropy jinxes such effects.

My own guides occasionally try to illustrate such concepts for me when I'm pondering energetic interactions between entities, but they're very very hard to put into words.   In fact, words quite literally get in the way.  One of the few such lessons I was able to comprehend was specifically about why\how words inhibit the process.

(And as I'm very verbally-oriented, this creates quite a challenge for me, haha...)
I like your explanation, Peaceful Warrior, it makes sense to me.

It's so funny that you would post this now, since I just had the this dream. A did a lying down meditation on the bed and fell asleep. I dreamed I was walking on the grounds of the primary school I was in, past the grade 1 classes, and this 'quite well known' actor we have approached from the front. It's funny that it was him, because the other day I mentioned Eugene Marais in another thread, and the movie about him called "The Miracle Worker" and this actor played him in the movie. Not being one who has ever suffered from "celebrity fever" in the slightest, I just walked past him. Then I heard him ask the people around him if they knew of anybody who can host a karaoke evening for him and his friends. They said no and then he turned around and walked just behind me, asking more people the same question, then I turned around and said I know of someone. Then when I tried to access my phone, it froze, and his was off. Then I said I'll just wrote your number on my hand, knowing it wasn't the best idea because I was on my way for a swim.

When I fetched a pen, there was this blue bird sitting on a washing line, with a head scarf and earrings, and I held out my hand and I flew to me and landed on my arm. I couldn't believe it, and hastily walked back to the actor to show him, but he was not impressed. As I was showing him, it turned into my own dog...sort of, and he said "it's an ugly little thing, isn't it?"

And now you speak of blue ray work and magic!
I'm pretty sure the term "geographical and geometrical relationships of the mind" is Ra referring to the archetypical system of the Logos.

Quote:Ra: The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

Within the door lies an hierarchical construction you may liken unto geography and in some ways geometry, for the hierarchy is quite regular, bearing inner relationships.

Quote:That would be one sort of 'geometry' as he's talking about, I think, but of course there's simply no comparable physical effect on Earth since entropy jinxes such effects.

Really? I thought Ra said there was a little loss due to incohesiveness but not negation.

Quote:7.5 Questioner: What would be the result of this calculation?

Ra: [24-second pause] The result is difficult to transmit. It is one thousand and twelve [1,012], approximately. The entities who call are sometimes not totally unified in their calling and, thus, the squaring is slightly less. Thus, there is a statistical loss over a period of call. However, perhaps you may see by this statistically corrected information the squaring mechanism.
Sorry, I meant physical literally in that case. No physical phenomenon of the sort that could be observed scientifically. I didn't mean to imply the effect wasn't present, just that it's very hard to describe or point to examples of it because manifestations are generally "below" the directly-observable level.

Although I suppose the current Brexit vote could be a good example, come to think of it. The energetic outcome of a certain level of converged negativity is very likely going to be creating rather large shockwaves for months or years to come. But even then, a lot of people would have difficulty abstracting major political movements to their more underlying component forces. And I doubt a political scientist would agree with this viewpoint. Wink
Jade Wrote:I'm pretty sure the term "geographical and geometrical relationships of the mind" is Ra referring to the archetypical system of the Logos.

Aaaah, I think you're right! That's why Ra starts with the mind, the most difficult. The first 7 archetypes, then the body, and lastly the spirit. That's the hierarchy, and the inner relationships is card one corresponding to card 8, and so on.
Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. For reality is empty and Maya is the illusion of appearances. Evil is empty, good is empty, there is only the void.
Well, I don't think those interpretations are mutually exclusive. Ra's discussion of the archetypes is one way of looking at the mind, and it can yield some insight into other relationships. But the viewpoint from higher densities is a lot broader than that, especially when elements like "quantum" multi-dimensionality start coming into play. And it doesn't relate to the geometry of energetic exchanges, such as in the Law of Doubling examples.

Most of Ra's teachings were aimed at inner discovery and matters of Love, since that's what most people who are drawn to the materials are probably going to be working on. But that doesn't mean he wasn't also touching on other concepts as they came up. I mean, his materials could theoretically be read and utilized by anyone from a native 3D heading towards harvestability, to 6D Wanderer (many of whom are part of Ra) that are doing relatively esoteric service for the planet or their higher-selves. Like a frontier teacher in a one-room schoolhouse, he'd presumably be making his lessons as broadly applicable as possible so that those at many stages of development could all benefit.
(06-24-2016, 12:20 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. For reality is empty and Maya is the illusion of appearances. Evil is empty, good is empty, there is only the void.

Perhaps if you're beyond polarity (6D), which doesn't apply to 3D.

Quote:Ra: The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal.

Ignoring the creation about oneself (and within oneself) isn't conducive to growth.

Quote:Ra: The polarity of your dimension must be internalized.
(06-24-2016, 12:38 PM)YinYang Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2016, 12:20 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. For reality is empty and Maya is the illusion of appearances. Evil is empty, good is empty, there is only the void.

Perhaps if you're beyond polarity (6D), which doesn't apply to 3D.

Quote:The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal.

Ignoring the creation about oneself isn't conducive to growth.

What do you call the balance in between? Should you see good and evil within yourself, those things which are good and approved and those which you disapprove and are evil, what will you call it when you have seen both in balance? I call it empty.

To see the walls of the canyon does not give name to the gap.
Naturally, those things I approve of would be good in my eyes, and those things I disapprove of would be evil in my eyes. "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" is one of those sayings that actually makes no sense, aside from the fact that it actually contradicts "shadow work". One who is balanced isn't oblivious to evil, they accept the opposite polarity without judgement. Words like "empty" and "void" in this context when everyone is trying to understand a concept better, means nothing to me...

It's pointless to talk as if we're all beyond polarity, it hinders those who sincerely wishes to understand the instructions and grow.
(06-24-2016, 12:52 PM)YinYang Wrote: [ -> ]Naturally, those things I approve of would be good in my eyes, and those things I disapprove of would be evil in my eyes. "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" is one of those sayings that actually makes no sense. One who is balanced isn't oblivious to evil, they accept the opposite polarity without judgement. Words like "empty" and "void" in this context when everyone is trying to understand a concept better, means nothing to me...

The idea is that because the state of reality is like a mirror which is reflective of many distorted states then any point you are perceiving evil you are really perceiving a distorted part of yourself. 'Empty' and 'Void' are just words attempting to grasp at that state of 'silent' equilibrium when the cognitive dissonance between opposing concepts is resolved. Thus suggesting the extremes of polarity are held only as far apart as you choose to hold them.

That is funny how you say 'one who is balanced isn't oblivious to evil, they accept the opposite polarity without judgement', thus creating a further separation by creating a duality of 'balanced' and 'evil'.

My only point is that what you perceive in reality is either a distorted perception of yourself a distorted perception of another self. I think that trying to polarize things by labeling them as this or that is the exact opposite of this exercise, which I see as an attempt to resolve opposites in to unity. Thus, for me, I would not like to say something is good or evil, I say it is empty or void because for me those are terms which are 'polar-neutral'.

Other people may prefer different terms and have different concepts relating to these ideas. I am attempting only to explain my own consideration of these ideas. This is to describe the inner state of an entity.

I did not speak of ignoring or being oblivious, quite the opposite. By declining to separate things in to 'good and 'evil' you begin to see there are more complex relationships at work between individuals than a simple concept of two extremes and I think Ra was trying to point to that vast complexity many times.

Good and evil are labels, categories which have been established for a long time but always relating to that which is approved and that which is disapproved. Accepting both of these things within yourself does not make them go away but it does bring peace. For me, peace feels empty, void of conflict and activity and thus restful. So I use those words.

That being said, again, that does not mean I 'negate' or ignore evil or good for that matter, it is that I see a point of resolution for them.
Here is a quote where Q'uo refers to studying "geography" to studying the tarot.

Quote:What it looks like to us is somewhat different because we see in a wider range of things that are visible. We are not limited by physical limitations in what we see, what we hear, shall we say, what we are aware of, but rather are limited only by our distortions which to us is limit enough. Because of being able to see into the finer planes of your planet’s ongoing developing nature and essence we are able to report both that there is genuine suffering going on within your earth world in the finer planes and that there is at this time, as this instrument and as the one known as Steve has mentioned, a tremendous outpouring of love, light and energy.

To express our point of view is to ask all of you to come from a standpoint of looking within the parameters garnered by physical limitations to the realm of concepts. For in the metaphysical creation which is the counterpart of the physical creation, concepts are that which is, shall we say, real and form is a matter of choice. Consequently it is the color and structure of thoughts that creates meaning. It is a creation in which what this instrument would call ideals are geography, and these ideas, these concepts, these thoughts are of an order which your peoples have studied in various ways as mythology, as religion, as philosophy of a certain kind, always attempting to express truths that are too fine for the physical senses to comprehend.

One system, which this instrument is somewhat familiar with, of studying this creation of concepts is that system which predated the tarot deck
as used for divination and consisted of the twenty-two archetypal images which this instrument and this group have previously questioned about. One of these images is called, in the system offered by those of Ra, the Tower or the Lightning Struck Tower, and it is at this level of meaning that we would look at your planetary situation from a metaphysical point of view. Your planet as an entity, as well as each of you as a part of the human family of Earth, is moving through a tremendously transformative period.

http://llresearch.org/transcripts/issues...1_0916.pdf
(06-24-2016, 01:26 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a quote where Q'uo refers to studying "geography" to studying the tarot.

Right, I'm not disagreeing that studying tarot and the archetypes is ONE way of exploring some higher level geographies.  In fact, in the quote you found, that's exactly how Q'uo describes it.  One system of exploring the creation of concepts, not the only or exclusive system.

And this part of the quote is pretty much saying what I've been trying to say:

Quote:Consequently it is the color and structure of thoughts that creates meaning. It is a creation in which what this instrument would call ideals are geography, and these ideas, these concepts, these thoughts are of an order which your peoples have studied in various ways as mythology, as religion, as philosophy of a certain kind, always attempting to express truths that are too fine for the physical senses to comprehend.

There are many different systems and potential ways of trying to wrap our heads around higher-level energetic geographies such as the relationships between vibrations/colors, ideas, their expression, and their larger systemic effects when interacting - just as teachings such as religion and philosophy attempt to do.  In any case, it's about trying to get at and perceive underlying interactions within intelligent infinity which are nearly impossible to directly observe in physical 3D existence.  

And Tarot was a very convenient system to use for illustration and practice, since both Ra and the group already had an affinity for it.
’Aion’ Wrote:The idea is that because the state of reality is like a mirror which is reflective of many distorted states then any point you are perceiving evil you are really perceiving a distorted part of yourself. 'Empty' and 'Void' are just words attempting to grasp at that state of 'silent' equilibrium when the cognitive dissonance between opposing concepts is resolved. Thus suggesting the extremes of polarity are held only as far apart as you choose to hold them.

"Cognitive dissonance" in the context of balancing would be incorrect, because cognitive dissonance is the discomfort a person experiences by regarding two opposing realities, one false and one true, to both be true. Just out of interest, the term was first used by Leon Festinger when they infiltrated a UFO cult, to observe the cult members when their leader’s prophecy failed (when saucers didn't land on the lawn to take them away).

When you do the balancing exercises Ra speaks of, you are not attempting to make a truth and a falsity both true. You are balancing characteristics and behaviours which you approve or disapprove of within yourself with their antitheses, both of which are true and real.

’Aion’ Wrote:That is funny how you say 'one who is balanced isn't oblivious to evil, they accept the opposite polarity without judgement', thus creating a further separation by creating a duality of 'balanced' and 'evil'.

Not at all, acceptance of that which you disapprove of doesn’t create further separation, it smoothes out the duality within yourself, it balances the two. The duality already exists in 3D, there’s no getting around that. Rejection creates separation, disharmony and blockages, or "resistance", as per the thread's title.

’Aion’ Wrote:My only point is that what you perceive in reality is either a distorted perception of yourself a distorted perception of another self. I think that trying to polarize things by labeling them as this or that is the exact opposite of this exercise, which I see as an attempt to resolve opposites in to unity. Thus, for me, I would not like to say something is good or evil, I say it is empty or void because for me those are terms which are 'polar-neutral'.

If you don’t "label" or rather identify things as per Ra’s example (male/female + patience/impatience) how are you going to identify it’s anti-thesis in order to balance yourself?

’Aion’ Wrote:That being said, again, that does not mean I 'negate' or ignore evil or good for that matter, it is that I see a point of resolution for them.

Resolution, as you say, would be the goal of these exercises, although I prefer to use the word “harmonise”, which is just the opposite of “see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil”.
I also just feel like mentioning that when I use the words “good” and “evil”, I use them in the Ra context, one belonging to the positive polarity and one belonging to the negative polarity, not in a “worldly” sense where the church has bastardised these terms and made one the other and so on, according to their control tactics.
Pages: 1 2