Bring4th

Full Version: The sum of the occult
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Placebo
2. Law of attraction
3. Creating ones very own reality through faith by using coherent intelligence.

Angel
(06-26-2016, 07:08 AM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Placebo
2. Law of attraction
3. Creating ones very own reality through faith by using coherent intelligence.

Angel

I think what you are basically looking at here is the question of - how does one generate internal changes in consciousness?

And then the Question that has to be asked is: why would you want that?  And the answer, if delved into deeply, would probably suggest that one is desiring a different perspective or viewpoint on some issue that the person is struggling with.

And ultimately that 'issue' is a blockage that is causing the Person difficulties in progressing along their chosen path.

The most regular means of generating 'changes in consciousness' happen every night, through the Dreaming Mechanism.  If that is not enough, then various psychedelics may be sought out.  To speak to the 'method' you proposed up above, using the 'occult tools' of systems of various symbols may allow one to 'tune into' a more focussed frame of mind, in which a different quality is able to be fully delved into.

At the end of the day, it's just the mind comprehending the mind; and we are all seeking the kind of 'toolkit' that feels best and most right for us at that particular juncture in time; relative to the concerns and the seeking that we are doing.
So enlightened but still have to attempt to discredit lol funny

Oh occult master, teach me your ways!
Sorry, I just think such huge blanket statements are hilarious.
Trust in the hidden for that is which your being is within. - Occult Master Blanket statement 0:04
Occult seems like such a general term. What exactly are we referring to in this thread? Certainly there are things that are under the occult label that have more depth and value than what's being presented here. For example, the Wikipedia occult page says: "The term is sometimes taken to mean knowledge that 'is meant only for certain people' or that 'must be kept hidden', but for most practicing occultists it is simply the study of a deeper spiritual reality that extends beyond pure reason and the physical sciences."

That sounds like any meditative spiritual practice.

What is "occult"?
Occult and Esoteric are basically the samething if you ask me.
(06-28-2016, 03:01 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Occult and Esoteric are basically the samething if you ask me.

And what is that thing, exactly? That's still very vague. Esoteric is just a word meaning "intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest." That could be, like, carving graphite figurines of The Last Unicorn characters.

Could you be more specific? What exactly are you referring to? Where did you formulate your idea of the occult? What was the source of your knowledge, and what led to your conclusions?
Occult and esoteric are in my view more or less the samething, its a type of seeking of spiritual truth in a way which is often seen as taboo or alternative, unusual to the normal religious communities. As for my first post i can say that the placebo is the psychology effect of an act of will, if i take a ritual that is to bring good energy into my being and feel good, it can be said to be that. The next two points are simply progression of evolution of the first, the second being the law of attraction, positive thinking creating the reality we wish, it takes a placebo effective to a higher level, its not simply a psychology product but a direct experience of change which leads to the final point of faith, the faith aspect is some what similar to the second point however its difference is that its not simply wishful thinking or changing an outcome but a direct structuring of reality through faith that we wish to experience. The complete integration of a personal philosophy of ones self.
I guess this is Ra's usage of this word:

39.10 Wrote:The indigo ray, though precious, is that ray worked upon only by the adept, as you would call it. It is the gateway to intelligent infinity bringing intelligent energy through.

This is the energy center worked upon in those teachings considered inner, hidden, and occult, for this ray is that which is infinite in its possibilities.

As you are aware, those who heal, teach, and work for the Creator in any way which may be seen to be both radiant and balanced are those activities which are indigo ray.

I would also say that at that point, the teachings become highly personal, and pretty much offered on a one-to-one basis.  Not because of some attempt to exclude outsiders, but rather because one's seeking has become highly tuned, and that it invokes a very specific type response.

One's responsibility at that point also becomes twofold: in receiving the gifts of one's seeking, and then being in a position to play the role in offering those gifts (in the appropriate situations).

At that stage, there is truly a sense of 'true equality'.  That these different 'roles' are only a quirk of linear unfoldment; in the sense that what you receive, is what you are; and what you are, is what you radiate.
(06-28-2016, 02:31 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]but for most practicing occultists it is simply the study of a deeper spiritual reality that extends beyond pure reason and the physical sciences."

If one understands the universe then spiritual development is not beyond reason. Once you have the big picture, it all makes sense.