Bring4th

Full Version: Want to learn about gem stones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to learn a bit more about gem stones and how they can help metaphysically. I have a lot of stress in my life and I'd like to learn more about stones that might help that, get rid of negative energy, etc.

Is there a site where I can learn that sort of stuff?

Thank you.

EDIT: I might have lead or mercury poisoning too. I was exposed to it as a child. You remember mercurochrome that you put on open wounds?

Should I buy tumbled or "raw" stones?
I went through a period where I was very into crystals, I mostly just searched around the internet to see what people were saying or just went to shops and picked up the crystals that appealed to me and meditated with them.

What I found works best for stress and anxiety is black tourmaline. I get a lot of use out of my black tourmaline but it's been MIA for a little while so I plan on ransacking my apartment to find it this weekend Tongue . In addition to that I like to carry around a piece of magnetic hematite, which I find helps to keep me grounded. That combo seems to work well for me and I really notice a difference in stress levels if I keep them with me at work.
Lol. Maybe the black tourmaline imploded to another dimension from all the stress it was handling? Thank you.

"Oh bother," said Pooh. And he imploded.
(06-30-2016, 01:05 PM)bulrush Wrote: [ -> ]Lol. Maybe the black tourmaline imploded to another dimension from all the stress it was handling? Thank you.

haha yeah, they do seem to have a mind of their own. some of my crystals like to play hide and seek
To me, learning about crystals tied in to learning about chakras. Spaced mentioned two black stones, which are typical for use with the root chakra. As a general rule of thumb, the color of the crystal is an analogue to the chakra it most resonates with. Clear stones are good basically for all chakras, and Ra says a diamond or a ruby can basically do anything that you need. I recommend getting a least a good "terminated" clear quartz crystal, polished or raw is your choice, for just basic work. Otherwise, the best thing to do is go to a shop, feel around/play with the stones a bit, listen to them, and take a few home that felt good - then learn about them. See which stones resonate with you and then listen to what they have to tell you.
Clear quartz is good for amplifying energies but since the OP is specifically asking for something to aid with stress and protection from negativity I think they would benefit more from the ability of the black tourmaline to absorb and ground negative energies. You definitely don't need a diamond or a ruby Tongue

Not to say clear quartz isn't useful in this case. As you said it can be used for many purposes, such as adding energy to a meditation with the intent to reduce stress.
You bring up good points. I was just giving a general "starter lesson"/rundown to add to what you said re: stones that help with stress. I think my additional point I wanted to add was that stress can be caused by any myriad of things - the way I would work from scratch would be to see what stones I was drawn to, and start drawing conclusions from there.

And no, no one needs a diamond, that was just Ra's advice for a catch-all stone - though large rubies are usually quite affordable. I have a ruby almost the size of the palm of my hand that I paid $18 for.
I find even looking at pictures of crystals on Google Images can have the same effect as having the stone.

I find Angelite to be very soothing:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&s...-725SWBgRw
(06-30-2016, 01:23 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2016, 01:05 PM)bulrush Wrote: [ -> ]Lol. Maybe the black tourmaline imploded to another dimension from all the stress it was handling? Thank you.

haha yeah, they do seem to have a mind of their own. some of my crystals like to play hide and seek

I think that they do! I had a gorgeous quartz crystal I had brought for the sake of enhancing energy, and it just disappeared after I moved. I expect it will reappear sometime but it's frustrating losing these beautiful stones and crystals. (My mom is better attuned to knowing their 'mind' if you will)

Stones and crystals haven't been a focal point for me, but I have a book that analyzes their mystical properties and correspondences. The information popped out as special and accurate, to me at least. If you're interested the book is: Foundations of High Magick by Denning and Phillips. It's an introductory book that covers many topics on the mystical path.

One could also research the qabalistic correspondences of stones and crystals.

Best of wishes in your research!
_______
This is what Ra says re: rubies and diamonds:

Quote:Ra: To go through the various crystals to be used would be exhaustive to this instrument, although you may ask us if you wish in another session. The delicacy, shall we say, of the choosing of the crystal is very critical and, in truth, a crystalline structure such as a diamond or ruby can be used by a purified channel who is filled with the love/light of One in almost any application.

I personally feel more resonance with natural than synthetic, just for the fact that a natural mineral has been growing/forming for millions of years. I agree in that I'm sure there is analogue as far as the crystalline structure goes, but not as far as the personality/wisdom of the stone.

I think plenum has a Vogel.
I have a quick question, how does a material like crystal emanate energy to be considered alive? Is it through passing light wave energy in which the patterns of life/love/light exist? For my experiences with life I found myself to be entirely chemical consciousness, even if the chemical was an undiscovered replication of light that wasn't visible (dark matter/energy polarities). I just can't wrap my current mind around the difference any other chemical and the crystal stone that makes it "alive" so to say. Hopefully my question makes sense to someone . . . haha
The entirety of creation is alive. We have just long presumed that "life" was only within certain parameters that we defined.

Quote:2.4 Questioner: Yes. You mentioned that the pyramids were an outgrowth of this. Could you expand a little bit on— Were you responsible for the building of the pyramid, and what was the purpose of the pyramid?

Ra: I am Ra. The larger pyramids were built by our ability using the forces of One. The stones are alive. It has not been so understood by the mind/body/spirit distortions of your culture.
Hello Hello.

I'll start by saying its good to treat and view stones as other selves!

Each stone has characteristics he/she is proficient with. Googling your stone and typing in "metaphysical properties" will help speed up the process of learning what characteristics a particular stone will help you with, assuming that you have befriended the stone.

I have a few personal favorite gemstones, Cavansite, Tourmalined Quartz and Mexican Fire Opal's.

Cavansite is a pure blue energy that really can be felt upon even touching the stone. It helps with communication and expression. And also helps with stage fright which is particularly useful to me as a DJ.

Tourmalined Quartz is a bad energy blocker. It helps maintain the protective aura around the body even when you are personally depleted.

Fire Opal brings steadfastness, power, patience and understanding. It helped me majorly through a bad breakup recently.

Really its about connecting with your friends and telling them your secrets, they will surely tell you theirs the more you work with them!
Cyrstals are strange fill your pockets with falcons eye and see
I realize this is an old thread but for others reading looking for the same info I highly recommend Blue Kyanite.

Its incredible for many reasons but first because it absorbs negative energy yet doesn't ever require cleaning. It transmutes.

I gift it to people anytime I think they may be open to such things.

It has many wonderful properties, balancing chakras, activating the throat chakra like all blue stones but it also reliably instills a portion of calm. I have given so many of my pieces away over and over to those who enjoyed its feel or could actually feel its energy when they couldn't feel any other stones. I finally bought a huge piece of a few pounds and it is beside my bed every night.

If I could only have one crystal.... ah I shouldn't play favorites but lets just say it even keeps your other crystals clean of negative energy. so no need for salt baths or what ever just place the stones with the kyanite. Its a great helper.
(08-26-2017, 08:28 AM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]I finally bought a huge piece of a few pounds and it is beside my bed every night.

The biggest piece of any stone I got is blue kyanite and instead of being beside my bed it's literally on my bed at all times haha, to the side of where my head lays.
(08-26-2017, 08:57 AM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2017, 08:28 AM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]I finally bought a huge piece of a few pounds and it is beside my bed every night.

The biggest piece of any stone I got is blue kyanite and instead of being beside my bed it's literally on my bed at all times haha, to the side of where my head lays.

Mine is right to the side of my head too. I had it on the bed but I accidentally broke a fan off so thought i should protect it from my sleep activity.
I move a lot!
It sometimes is on the bed when I'm there and awake.
Glad you have one with you too. Don't need to send you one. Smile
Which is the best one for balancing orange chakra?
(07-05-2016, 04:40 PM)Syro Wrote: [ -> ]I have a quick question, how does a material like crystal emanate energy to be considered alive? Is it through passing light wave energy in which the patterns of life/love/light exist? For my experiences with life I found myself to be entirely chemical consciousness, even if the chemical was an undiscovered replication of light that wasn't visible (dark matter/energy polarities). I just can't wrap my current mind around the difference any other chemical and the crystal stone that makes it "alive" so to say. Hopefully my question makes sense to someone . . . haha

I was just listening to Seth Speaks in the car on the way home not 5 minutes ago and I just thought it seemed relevant to add to the discussion (even though it doesn't answer your question):

Quote:"...there is consciousness even within a nail, but few of my readers will take me seriously enough to stop in midsentence, and say good morning or good afternoon to the nearest nail they can find, stuck in a piece of wood.
Nevertheless, the atoms and molecules within the nail do possess their own kind of consciousness. The atoms and molecules that make up the pages of this book are also, within their own level, aware. Nothing exists - neither rock, mineral, plant, animal or air - that is not filled with consciousness of its own kind. So you stand amid a constant vital commotion, a gestalt of aware energy, and you are yourselves physically composed of conscious cells that carry within themselves the realization of their own identity, that cooperate willingly to form the corporeal structure that is your physical body.
I am saying, of course, that there is no such thing as dead matter. There is no object that was not formed by consciousness, and each consciousness, regardless of its degree, rejoices in sensation and creativity. You cannot understand what you are unless you understand such matters.
~ Seth (Jane Roberts), from 'Seth Speaks', Session 512
(08-26-2017, 08:28 AM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]I realize this is an old thread but for others reading looking for the same info I highly recommend Blue Kyanite. Its incredible for many reasons but first because it absorbs negative energy yet doesn't ever require cleaning. It transmutes.

Interesting, I don't feel crystals but Blue Kyanite was suggested to me by a medium (via the Channelling Erik videos) as a way to open my throat chakra, and I remember doing a video going "how can a crystal do that, and also, what makes people believe?" cos I bought it anyway but couldn't feel anything. On the other hand, I have several pendulums, and the only ones that seem to "do" anything for me are both of the quartz crystals I have, and ironically they didn't "do" anything until after I charged them (set my intentions, really meaningfully.. )
I'm ever in awe about the things that "do" things after I think nothing will happen but "open my mind to it anyway" and see for myself that I think "I'm the blockage".
I like that you added extra things and extra kind of .. 'validation' about the blue kyanite so recently after it being recommended to me, as I think I do value other people's opinions and it "gives it more charge" with the extra validation kinda thing.. like... your belief in it.. if I trust you.. puts more "trust" in it myself, and therefore "powers it up more" from my belief/intention/will, etc..
Ches it may be you are just not tuning into the sesations crystals cause. I find each one feels different depending on if you hold it or just brush your hand over the air above it. Some like charoite give me and a few others physical sensation like a tiny electric shock. Not painful but certainly not going to be ignored, selenite in large quantities doesnt cause a "touch" sensation but put me in a room with a few pounds of it and it makes me so spacey I can barely stay upright. Others just trigger energy in certain parts of the body.

I explain it to my hot sauce loving husband that somethings require tuning into the subtle things.(not saying you fall into this category but lots of people who can't feel crystals do so it might be useful for others) If you are looking for hot sauce you may not notice the butter or the many different tastes of water. also just cause you dont notice or feel it doesn't mean it still wont work. Wink

I have been told that its easier to feel lower vibration crystals in the beginning but personally that wasn't true for me. I guess it would depend on the person.

Your clear quarts is an amplifier so it makes sense you could feel that. I can hear quarts. They have a high pitch ping ping ping noise. Always in my right ear and it can almost be painful its so high frequency though I guess that's an effect of whatever it is amplifying. Started after having a HUGE crystal grid built around me. As soon as the last crystal was placed I had been laying there for nearly 40 minutes with my eyes closed so was nearly asleep but the moment that last crystal was conected to the grid I could hear them.
I have been hearing them since.

Kyanite a lot of people just feel vibration very subtle going up their arms when they hold a large enough piece.
It deffinitley works well on throat chakras. It can even work too well. My husband for instance has gone from someone who was only polite and always measured his words, he stole my kyanite a while back and actually has broached into the relm of showing his distortions. Ive known him 20 years and it took a 2" crystal to make him crack and open up. About a month into wearing it he started telling people off at work who had been taking advantage of his kindness and while it was risky he asked me to get him his own. Its amazing like I'm finally getting to know him because he no longer is containing his truth. He actually insults drivers on the road now. Its to exciting to see a 40 year old man drop his mask. How do you work on your distortions if you aren't willing to let them come to the surface?

Another friend I gave a blue/green kynite pendant because his heart chakra is troubled and I knew he at the time was not listening to himself. Within 3 months he blew the roof off my world and his families by telling us he had been lying for 7 years to everyone even himself and even he didn't know the truth anymore.... almost ruined our friendship, almost lost his marriage. That sucked BIG TIME and perhaps I feel a bit bad my gift started that tornado but his lying is over. He is building his life on truth now and his relationships recovered and are being rebuilt on a better foundation. It needed to happen and blue/green kyanite made it so he could not go on lying to everyone including himself.

As for consiousness of the stones. My husband used to be skeptical. A few years ago I had a bench set up in our bedroom on my side of the bed for meditation. I had a lot of crystals on it because I was having issues with being awakend every night by beings at the foot of the bed or side of the bed. The crystals gave me a feeling of protection.

Anyways I had to help a good friend move home to take care of her sick dad so was gone and had driven 12 hours south east.
I was losing a close friend and was already emotionally in a tricky place with a dark night of the soul but thought it would do me good to at least see my good friend off.

The first night of the trip we had arrived at her parent place and I was sleeping in the office. 2 am I climbed into bed, 3 am I was still crying then all of a sudden the computer burst on and did the start up music on full volume. It was so loud I was so embarrassed as I was not wanting anyone to thing I was snooping, couldnt silence the damn thing and ended up laughing uncontrollable then fell asleep laughing.

I got home 2 days later and my husband was weird. He slowly started to broach the subject but was emberessed and felt stupid saying what he was going to have to tell me.

The first night he and our little dog were awakened at 3 am by a bright glow from my side of the room. A big light cloud rose up and flew (exactly south east) over the bed so fast and so close to him that the dog actually jumped off the bed trying to get out of the way. He said he thought for a second he was going crazy but the dog clearly saw it and was freaked out too.
I guess the bolt of energy set off the computer when it got to me or maybe it did that on purpose. IDK but they agreed to help me and they all came to my aid when I needed them.

They are pretty incredible.

As to your comment on intent/blockage. Its pretty incredible isnt it? We are all one energy just different frequencies. So potential is infinite. Our intent is their intent of we are one. If we block or allow or empower, combinations are endless its all just pretty incredible and likely why infinity is never boring. ;D
(08-26-2017, 05:48 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]Which is the best one for balancing orange chakra?

Is it over active or underactive?
If its over active I would go for a yellow stone to move the energy up/start working on the blockage above it.
If under active there are a lot of good sacral stones. Maybe even a root/sacral combo. I have a nice orange red jasper I found on the beach. Sometimes you don't even have to buy them they come to you.

Mookaite might cover all three for you and it has an incredibly lovely energy.
(08-27-2017, 11:22 AM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]Is it over active or underactive?
If its over active I would go for a yellow stone to move the energy up/start working on the blockage above it.
If under active there are a lot of good sacral stones. Maybe even a root/sacral combo. I have a nice orange red jasper I found on the beach. Sometimes you don't even have to buy them they come to you.

Mookaite might cover all three for you and it has an incredibly lovely energy.

I'm not sure how overactive or underactive would manifest behavior/thoughtwise, but it feels to me that it is quite plugged up and hasn't been operating to it's full potential for at least 10 years (not since I was an innocent lil kid). I'll check those stones out, thanks.
(08-27-2017, 10:57 AM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]Ches it may be you are just not tuning into the sesations crystals cause. I find each one feels different depending on if you hold it or just brush your hand over the air above it. Some like charoite give me and a few others physical sensation like a tiny electric shock. Not painful but certainly not going to be ignored, selenite in large quantities doesnt cause a "touch" sensation but put me in a room with a few pounds of it and it makes me so spacey I can barely stay upright. Others just trigger energy in certain parts of the body.

I explain it to my hot sauce loving husband that somethings require tuning into the subtle things.(not saying you fall into this category but lots of people who can't feel crystals do so it might be useful for others) If you are looking for hot sauce you may not notice the butter or the many different tastes of water. also just cause you dont notice or feel it doesn't mean it still wont work. Wink

I have been told that its easier to feel lower vibration crystals in the beginning but personally that wasn't true for me. I guess it would depend on the person.

Your clear quarts is an amplifier so it makes sense you could feel that. I can hear quarts. They have a high pitch ping ping ping noise. Always in my right ear and it can almost be painful its so high frequency though I guess that's an effect of whatever it is amplifying. Started after having a HUGE crystal grid built around me. As soon as the last crystal was placed I had been laying there for nearly 40 minutes with my eyes closed so was nearly asleep but the moment that last crystal was conected to the grid I could hear them.
I have been hearing them since.

Kyanite a lot of people just feel vibration very subtle going up their arms when they hold a large enough piece.
It deffinitley works well on throat chakras. It can even work too well. My husband for instance has gone from someone who was only polite and always measured his words, he stole my kyanite a while back and actually has broached into the relm of showing his distortions. Ive known him 20 years and it took a 2" crystal to make him crack and open up. About a month into wearing it he started telling people off at work who had been taking advantage of his kindness and while it was risky he asked me to get him his own. Its amazing like I'm finally getting to know him because he no longer is containing his truth. He actually insults drivers on the road now. Its to exciting to see a 40 year old man drop his mask. How do you work on your distortions if you aren't willing to let them come to the surface?

Another friend I gave a blue/green kynite pendant because his heart chakra is troubled and I knew he at the time was not listening to himself. Within 3 months he blew the roof off my world and his families by telling us he had been lying for 7 years to everyone even himself and even he didn't know the truth anymore.... almost ruined our friendship, almost lost his marriage. That sucked BIG TIME and perhaps I feel a bit bad my gift started that tornado but his lying is over. He is building his life on truth now and his relationships recovered and are being rebuilt on a better foundation. It needed to happen and blue/green kyanite made it so he could not go on lying to everyone including himself.

As for consiousness of the stones. My husband used to be skeptical. A few years ago I had a bench set up in our bedroom on my side of the bed for meditation. I had a lot of crystals on it because I was having issues with being awakend every night by beings at the foot of the bed or side of the bed. The crystals gave me a feeling of protection.

Anyways I had to help a good friend move home to take care of her sick dad so was gone and had driven 12 hours south east.
I was losing a close friend and was already emotionally in a tricky place with a dark night of the soul but thought it would do me good to at least see my good friend off.

The first night of the trip we had arrived at her parent place and I was sleeping in the office. 2 am I climbed into bed, 3 am I was still crying then all of a sudden the computer burst on and did the start up music on full volume. It was so loud I was so embarrassed as I was not wanting anyone to thing I was snooping, couldnt silence the damn thing and ended up laughing uncontrollable then fell asleep laughing.

I got home 2 days later and my husband was weird. He slowly started to broach the subject but was emberessed and felt stupid saying what he was going to have to tell me.

The first night he and our little dog were awakened at 3 am by a bright glow from my side of the room. A big light cloud rose up and flew (exactly south east) over the bed so fast and so close to him that the dog actually jumped off the bed trying to get out of the way. He said he thought for a second he was going crazy but the dog clearly saw it and was freaked out too.
I guess the bolt of energy set off the computer when it got to me or maybe it did that on purpose. IDK but they agreed to help me and they all came to my aid when I needed them.

They are pretty incredible.

As to your comment on intent/blockage. Its pretty incredible isnt it? We are all one energy just different frequencies. So potential is infinite. Our intent is their intent of we are one. If we block or allow or empower, combinations are endless its all just pretty incredible and likely why infinity is never boring. ;D

This makes me feel really nice and fuzzy inside, like your crystals must be so happy!  It makes perfect sense considering what I know about crystals.  You experienced what sounds like a dream to me, being able to hear the singing of crystals.  That'd be so euphoric...  Almost romantic, like the creator is singing to you.

I hope to acquire a great collection of crystalline friends, then maybe once I have enough, I'll synchronistically discover how to get to know them.

I gives me a lot of comfort, as crystal interactions are objective proof to me of the infinite creator.  Those experiences appear to be shareable.

Thank you for sharing your experiences~
For general wellbeing I have lots and lots of rose quartz, amethyst, blue kyanite and tons of selenite.  Some orange calcite, natural citrine and a lovely sea green calcite.  The calcites are just so soothing and gentle. Red jasper is a must.  As an Aries I can't go past a good piece of bloodstone. Some I can't go near, they are repellent to my energies even though they are beautiful.  Moldovite is stunning but I can't touch it.  Black stones put me in a black mood, be it tourmaline or obsidian etc.  I've had to return all my black stones to the earth to give me some peace.

Melody's crystal books are nice.  She has a way of describing crystals with such clarity and sincerity it's a joy to read.  If I'm on the go I take a quick flip through the crystal vaults site which can be helpful: https://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-en...stal-guide

In the end it's trial and error.  You may like the properties/beauty of a certain crystal but it's only when you carry it around for a bit will you discover if you like or loathe it. 

Tip: check if your crystals are natural or treated as there's all sorts of trickery going on from Irradiation to dyeing, heat treatment, composite materials to glass masquerading as obsidian. 
I have a lovely piece of fluorite I keep on me whenever I go out of the house. It helps me stay positive and loving when faced by other people's negativity.
I used to have a piece or larimar.  I called it Laminar mistakenly the entire time I had it.  One day it was in my pocket, then it was gone.  I miss you Larimar.  I hope its doing okay...