Bring4th

Full Version: Very strange event.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

It was a few nights ago where I was lying down on my bed, all comfortable with basically no external stimuli ( room is pitch dark , no sounds etc). I'm 17, and I was just "experimenting" with meditation(relaxation and visualizing/feeling peace,harmony), where I managed to feel very relaxed, slowed my breathing and took in VERY deep breathes.

All of a sudden I saw flashes of white light above my eyes, the whitest light I've ever seen. I thought someone was pointing a flashlight at me...
At that time I felt paralyzed, unable to open my eyes and move my body. I decided to breathe in deeper, and felt as if the light embraced me... I had a fond feeling towards it, but I felt very scared at the same moment. It felt like a positive energy but I had doubts over where the light came from. I forced to slip myself out, but it took me forever just to open my eyes and move my fingers.

I'm a beginner at meditation, and barely know about the chakras.I've spoke to a good friend of my who knows about meditation, and she talked about "going ideeper with positive intent and having prayers of protection". Can anyone explain or at least provide me with some basic tips about meditation/chakras? I've looked at the Edgar Cayce site and it helps me alot... but I still dont understand the spectrums of light and chakras!

Thank you for your time and love!
Namaste
I'm no expert, so before taking my word for it you may wish to look it up yourself, but what you described sounded to me like sleep paralysis. Generally, I've heard Ra, Q'uo and everyone else recommend meditating in an upright position so as not to fall into stages of sleep which may happen during a laying-down-meditation. Then again I like to meditate into sleep so it's perfect to do before bed Smile

There are a wealth of old threads that may be helpful to you in the older pages of the Life on Planet Earth section: (Arranged from newest to oldest)

Energy Centers
Visions While Meditation
Kundalini
Chi Energy
Chakras Only!
World Peace Meditations
Weird Meditation
Dreams: The Void
Recommended Books to Help in Chakra maintenance?
Meditation Basics
I have a question on meditation

I only looked at the titles of these threads for you; I don't know how much or little helpful information they may contain. I'd also encourage you to look through the older pages to see if anything catches your eye Smile I've found ayadew used to post a lot about chakras too, so if you see his threads those may be gold. Really, all of the posts here are precious since the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but you know what I mean!

I would give better advice on the chakras and meditation stuff, but I'm not too good at it myself. Angel
Hey did you also feel like your body was warming up alot and did you feel like prickles all around your body and did the sound become like muffled? Because it sounds like something similar happened to me and as well as my friend. This white light, did it feel like you were going to go through it?

Thank you,
Steve

LOVE AND HAPPINESS!!!

Brittany

Did you feel any pressure during this event? As if something was touching you or pushing on your body? That frequently happens to me when I experience sleep paralysis, though I have no idea if this is what you were truly experiencing. There are infinite ways various forces can manifest themselves, and usually the person experiencing the event is the best judge of the nature of the stimuli.
Sleep paralysis is a common cause for experiences such as this, however, they are not usually inclusive of such bright lights, although this is from personal experience and reading other's. There is an idea that SP is another dimension, one you can experience fully if you stay in a state of love, rather than the survival fear that kicks in due to the lack of control.

There is also astral projection, in which you can see lights, and a very - very - strong vibration that will coarse through the body just before the point of separation. After that, you can explore the universe :¬)

It's hard to tell sometimes as we all have individual experiences that are keyed to our own vibration.
(06-22-2010, 02:12 AM)Xenos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

It was a few nights ago where I was lying down on my bed, all comfortable with basically no external stimuli ( room is pitch dark , no sounds etc). I'm 17, and I was just "experimenting" with meditation(relaxation and visualizing/feeling peace,harmony), where I managed to feel very relaxed, slowed my breathing and took in VERY deep breathes.

All of a sudden I saw flashes of white light above my eyes, the whitest light I've ever seen. I thought someone was pointing a flashlight at me...
At that time I felt paralyzed, unable to open my eyes and move my body. I decided to breathe in deeper, and felt as if the light embraced me... I had a fond feeling towards it, but I felt very scared at the same moment. It felt like a positive energy but I had doubts over where the light came from. I forced to slip myself out, but it took me forever just to open my eyes and move my fingers.

I'm a beginner at meditation, and barely know about the chakras.I've spoke to a good friend of my who knows about meditation, and she talked about "going ideeper with positive intent and having prayers of protection". Can anyone explain or at least provide me with some basic tips about meditation/chakras? I've looked at the Edgar Cayce site and it helps me alot... but I still dont understand the spectrums of light and chakras!

Thank you for your time and love!
Namaste

I would try to just go deeper and surrender next time it happens. It may be X, Y or Z but those are all labels and real thing is what you experience...
RE: SpiritBrother - no, I did not feel any prickles nor change in my body temperature.

I have had sleep paralysis before, but never have I seen such vivid, intense white light. Whenever I had sleep paralysis, it would feel as if something was pushing on me, but this experience was not.

As soon as the light hit me, I still had the abillity (choice) to breathe deeper and go deeper. Yes it felt like the light was going through me (or I was going through the light), but I felt the presence of it all around my body. No pressure, no pain or discomfort, just slight numbness, almost as if I had lost control over my body. I just got scared because it was such a powerful experience.. I should have just continued!
(06-27-2010, 06:06 AM)Xenos Wrote: [ -> ]RE: SpiritBrother - no, I did not feel any prickles nor change in my body temperature.

I have had sleep paralysis before, but never have I seen such vivid, intense white light. Whenever I had sleep paralysis, it would feel as if something was pushing on me, but this experience was not.

As soon as the light hit me, I still had the abillity (choice) to breathe deeper and go deeper. Yes it felt like the light was going through me (or I was going through the light), but I felt the presence of it all around my body. No pressure, no pain or discomfort, just slight numbness, almost as if I had lost control over my body. I just got scared because it was such a powerful experience.. I should have just continued!

First time it happened to me I was scared, I couldnt even think what was happening. I wish I could have gone more too. Just remember things happen for a reason.