Bring4th

Full Version: ▒▒
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[removed]
Ya, sure
It really isn't.
[Image: 5oJEKXp.jpg]
(07-10-2016, 07:47 PM)Reaper Wrote: [ -> ]It really isn't.
I'm with Reaper, here, it isn't IMO. However, sometimes it helps me recognize certain traits of my own personality and insanity.
I believe there is good and bad insanity. Good insanity is when you take Ayahuasca. You realize you are insane, and take comfort in the fact.
You're afraid, I get that. I take it that your confidence comes from experience, yes? Well who you are without experience? Because clearly, you are a timeless being.
Nah.  I'm beyond worrying about 'insanity,' but then I've also got most of my spiritual beliefs pretty well compartmentalized.  I can interact with other people without doing anything too weird.  Besides, just about any clinical definition of insanity requires someone be unable to function in everyday life.  If you can manage that, you're just quirky no matter what else you happen to believe.

Otherwise, If I ever worry about insanity, I just think of what Danny Elfman had to say on the subject...  Wink

(07-11-2016, 03:24 PM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]Nah.  I'm beyond worrying about 'insanity,' but then I've also got most of my spiritual beliefs pretty well compartmentalized.  I can interact with other people without doing anything too weird.  Besides, just about any clinical definition of insanity requires someone be unable to function in everyday life.  If you can manage that, you're just quirky no matter what else you happen to believe.

Otherwise, If I ever worry about insanity, I just think of what Danny Elfman had to say on the subject...  Wink

Aha, and if you went to the psychiatrist and told him how you see reality? You're close but you still don't quit get it.
This forum is where we can discuss our non-sane thoughts that the outside society would reject.
Just imagine yourself spiritualy awakening but having no one, and I mean no one who'd accept you/your thoughts.
(07-11-2016, 11:29 PM)Papercut Wrote: [ -> ]Aha, and if you went to the psychiatrist and told him how you see reality? You're close but you still don't quit get it.
This forum is where we can discuss our non-sane thoughts that the outside society would reject.
Just imagine yourself spiritualy awakening but having no one, and I mean no one who'd accept you/your thoughts.

"I still don't get it?"  You know, you could at least consider the possibility that I understand your proposition and simply consider it to be inapplicable to myself.

Plus, again, clinical definitions of insanity virtually all require the person to be unable to function in normal society, and/or be a danger to themselves or others.  I'm reminded of a documentary I saw on the jazz musician Sun Ra, who was far "crazier" than anyone here, but none the less led and managed a band for decades while releasing 100+ albums, a movie, and getting himself into the jazz hall-of-fame. (Not to mention influencing other greats like Miles Davis and George Clinton.) In the documentary, a psychiatrist asked about him said, "Normally I'd say he was schizophrenic, except by definition a schizophrenic cannot be that successful."

And he was talking about a cat who spent most of his life insisting he was an alien from Saturn who'd come to Earth to spread higher cosmic vibrations.

If I were to tell a psychiatrist about my beliefs, he'd say "Well, that's interesting" but wouldn't have much else to say on the matter unless he thought they were negatively impacting my life.  And since I'm successfully living on my own as a freelance writer, maintaining clients and doing enough work to keep myself afloat, he'd have no reason to think that unless I had complaints.  Which I don't.

I've simply accepted that I have beliefs which the vast majority of people don't share.  I don't pester them with my thoughts on cosmic issues unless they ask, and in turn I respect everyone else's right to believe in whatever makes them happy as long as it isn't infringing on others.  My beliefs are not predicated on anyone else in particular sharing them.

Otherwise, to drop one of my favorite Doctor Who quotes:  "Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another!"  Wink
I think I come more to give comfrot than seeking it myself. My seeking is not fear based it is curiosity driven. Of course if you need other's approval to feel sane you will never feel sane. This planet is filled insane people. The real insanity is believing in this system as we are told to by the medias and pretend like everything is normal. If you have not come to term with your insanity you have not explored it enough. The trick with insanity is you gotta focus it on something creative. This is how I entertain my insanity:

(07-10-2016, 03:51 PM)Papercut Wrote: [ -> ]Can you deeply inside say this forum isn't a comfort for your ▒nsanity?

▒n my op▒n▒on, ▒n this unprecedently challeng▒ng t▒me of h▒gh negat▒v▒ty and low morale, you'd have to be out of your bloody m▒nd not to jud▒c▒ously be just a b▒t crazy -- pro-act▒vely -- so as to keep yourself from be▒ng dr▒ven completely ▒nsane!

By the way, one of my earliest childhood memories (circa 1962, when I was barely four) was watching a cartoon in which the irrepressible Woody W. sings this very song. This was at -- of all places -- a 16-mm-film-screening in the public school building that was being used as the temporary site for administering community vaccinations... for polio, which was then still a terribly threatening childhood (and even adult) disease -- less than a decade before this, for instance, the powerful young Wanderer/Speaker Joan Anderson (later known as Joni Mitchell), had contracted polio (and survived, but with significant damage). They'd show cartoons to soothe the frightened kiddies facing the dreaded Needle. Even at such a young age I was completely sympatico with Woody's subversively frank worldview regarding the general terrestrial tenor of human mental health.  

Also, since the truly awful kind of really dangerously negative insanity grows from a hypertrophy of reason itself (mindlessly applied in an inhuman fashion), a healthy state of humane, intuitivity-rich irrationality here and there, now and then, isn't so very much a thing to be feared...

In every state, the Heart is my support:
In this kingdom of existence it is my sovereign.
When I tire of the treachery of Reason--
God knows  I am grateful to my Heart...

-- from Persian Quatrains of Ustad Khalilullah Khalili, trilingual (Baghdad: Al-Maarif Press, 1975); quoted in Idries Shah, Learning How to Learn: Psychology and Spirituality in the Sufi Way (London: Octagon Press, 1978)

[Image: gods_aten.jpg]  Cool

Quote:36.24 Questioner: I’ll just ask one little short one that you may not be able to answer before the final… The short one is, can you tell me what percentage of the Wanderers on Earth today have been successful in penetrating the memory block and becoming aware who they are, and then finally, is there anything that we can do to make the instrument more comfortable or improve the contact?

Ra: I am Ra. We can approximate the percentage of those penetrating intelligently their status. This is between eight and one-half and nine and three-quarters percent. There is a larger percentile group of those who have a fairly well defined, shall we say, symptomology indicating to them that they are not of this, shall we say, “insanity.” This amounts to a bit over fifty percent of the remainder. Nearly one-third of the remainder are aware that something about them is different, so you see there are many gradations of awakening to the knowledge of being a Wanderer. We may add that it is to the middle and first of these groups that this information will, shall we say, make sense.

This forum has certainly been a huge part of more productively integrating myself into this "insanity".
When I read the Ra material the first time I laughed out loud when Ra said that... this planet is insane! That quote is strangely comforting to me, confirmation always helps, especially from a group as lucid as Ra.
Some of the best laughs I got from Bashar videos online -before Anka got so enthusiastic about taking them down- was him emphasizing just how weird Earth and other veiled planets are, from the POV of the other 99% of Creation. We basically live on Bizarro World and most people have no idea.
Infinity insanity, absolutely finite too sane!
Reciprocal functions aim to describe the whole wave.
Time tells truth that disputes or computes
Concentrates and dilutes the juices of fruits
(07-13-2016, 01:15 PM)Fastidious Emanations Wrote: [ -> ]".... Reciprocal functions aim to describe the whole wave. ...."

Exactly. Well said, F.E. One must become, as it were, the global meta-function of nominally-opposed polar functions so that one can balance the high energies needed to carry on the sublime integral calculus of the One. No problem!

[Image: techniques-of-abacus.jpg]

[Image: buttered-cat-theory-august-challenge-ant...778885.jpg]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSLb0Ov-jHU + https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUJdPceUazM = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5zuYq8YNyk

[Image: PMK49467.jpg]

("Here" being, of course, our little abyss-of-sorrows, that surrealistically-gone-to-weeds garden-spot of third density, Aten3/Shikasta, or "Earth" as it's locally known.)

Thank goodness there's benign help available:

[Image: crazy__66154.1408997724.500.750.png?c=2](BTW, I like the sly use of the square-peg-versus-round-hole allusion in this character's form.)

A perfect mechanismic metaphor for the typical unprepared, grimly humorless mortal human mind oh-so-seriously attempting to "solve" the "problem" of existence:

Cool

http://genius.com/Emily-dickinson-much-m...-annotated
http://genius.com/Countee-cullen-any-hum...-annotated
We created our own habits.

*Sigh*
How do you define insanity?
(07-17-2016, 09:05 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]How do you define insanity?
Hi Minyatur, can it be defined? An insane person thinks they're the sane one and everyone else is crazy. A "sane" person judges insanity by his own perspective of mind. But who's to say who is right and who is wrong. Haven't met to many sane people. I tend to prefer a little insanity in people it makes em interesting.
WanderingOZ