Bring4th

Full Version: Useful time/space analogy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks. This is my first-ever new thread post.

I have enjoyed other people's analogies to describe time/space. My favorite is the pages of a book analogy. In time/space you can jump around to different "times" in the same way that we can do so in a story by moving to a later page in the book. In 3d space/time we can only experience the book in sequential order, page by page.

Then there is the movie analogy. While we experience the movie frame by frame from beginning to end, a person in time/space can jump to any point in the movie reel.

But I thought of another kind of analogy and wanted to see if you-all think it is useful in addition to (or in lieu of) the book/movie ones. Here it is:

On earth we experience time day by day as the earth turns. So "time" progresses forward always, just as the earth turns in the same direction always. At the equator, you move through "time" at 1,037 miles/hour. Let's assume the equator is space/time.

Now imagine moving physically up toward the north pole. As you move away from the equator, your speed (in my analogy, "time") slows down. At the 45th parallel (Salem, Oregon for those who know the West Coast) the speed is 733 miles/hour.

When you reach the exact north pole, your time speed is practically zero. (If you stand on the spot, you rotate slowly in a circle once every 24 hours.) This is time/space.

The north pole has a magical time travel ability. Move one step in any direction and you move into a different time zone. Let's say, 12 midnight. But go back to the center and then take one step in the opposite direction, and "poof" you are in the time zone for 12 noon. Instant time travel. The exact north pole is a land of "no time" because none of earth's time zones apply there.

In true time/space (not just my pretend analogy here), there would be infinite times you could go to.

I suppose you can view the trek from equator to pole as a "compressing" of space/time. At the equator, there is about 25,000 miles of "space" on that equatorial band. As you move to the 45th parallel, there is only 17,600 miles of "space" on that latitudinal band. When you reach the pole, "space" has compressed to the tiny point that the person is standing on, which is when "time" has *expanded* to encompass all times.

I like this mental image. As space/time contracts during the walk to the pole, time/space contracts to the ever-present now (and expands to every time too).

Another interesting adjunct to this analogy is a way to think about "positive" time/space and "negative" time/space.

Standing on the north pole again, during summer solstice. There is perpetual light. This is, I believe, the nature state of the Afterlife (positive time/space). The perfect 70 degree summer day.

So what is negative time/space? The south pole. It has the same magical attributes of instant time travel, but at the same time as the north pole is in summer solstice, the south is in darkness. Negative time/space.

Anyway, this is just a thought exercise. I thought I'd share.
It's a good analogy. I like it. It also matches well with my understanding of time/space in the sense that time and space are not two distinctly binary and separate things. You can "lean" in either direction and yet you are still inhabiting both. As an example, I've noticed that it seems that the more distance you get from this current physical vibrational level of "space" we find ourselves on, the "faster" time moves, relative to the physical. I'm not saying that it "feels like it is moving faster", as it feels perfectly normal for the most part, just that it is literally moving faster than the physical world. Meaning, the further you get away from what we know of as space, the closer you get to "infinite time". Case in point: I can have an astral experience that FEELS like an hours worth of "time" but physically, only a couple minutes has passed (essentially I'll wake up briefly look at my phone and then go back to sleep physically and then check the time again when I return from my inner journey), which fits well with your analogy of the globe where as you approach a given pole, the space is compressed and the time expands (in other-words, you have more time available now per unit of space).

So in those situations when we sleep, astral project, space out, or otherwise dissociate ourselves from the red ray physical level of vibration, there is a gradual "phase shift" or "tuning into" an orientation towards time over space, though as my example illustrates, it is often not "pure time", else time would stop, when in fact, my perception is usually that there is still some linear flow of events in that realm, but relative to our physical realm, it occurs "faster". At a high enough vibrational level (the apex of the pole using your analogy), i'm sure that it stops altogether as we approach a more or less pure orientation towards time over space (violet ray perhaps).

Thanks for sharing.
More than an analogy, I have a very recent experience that seems to relate to this thread. I tried salvia for the first time two weeeks ago and had a strong experience of time/space.

On my second trip, when it hit me, it was like in front of me there was this reality and there was something other behind my mind. So I'd lean back and see a stream of light stretching with what seemed like windows, and that I myself was in one of them. I stayed in-between the two realities a bit and I remember there were others, but can't really recall what was happening about that, seemed somewhat stressful and made me rush back to my body, like something said I couldn't have it back. Going into body was really hard.

After a bit I took more and tried to not cling to this reality and closed my eyes and saw a face made of colored strings in front of me that asked me if I wanted to see that I was the creator. I said yes and we moved within void and I saw flames and my own flame and a flame that divides into the flames. Then I can't recall this part, was like trying to catch water with your hands but it felt like eons for sure. Then something asked me if I didn't want to be in 3D and it made me think of this reality and I moved my awareness upward and saw many giant streams of light intertwined with each other, and so I headed toward a window upon this reality within one of the streams and had to force myself into my body.

Analyzing the experience, I think the stream I went out of and into is the earth within all it's moments. The window was the entry point into the space/time of my experience of myself here and now.
(07-14-2016, 10:16 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]It's a good analogy. I like it. It also matches well with my understanding of time/space in the sense that time and space are not two distinctly binary and separate things. You can "lean" in either direction and yet you are still inhabiting both. As an example, I've noticed that it seems that the more distance you get from this current physical vibrational level of "space" we find ourselves on, the "faster" time moves, relative to the physical. I'm not saying that it "feels like it is moving faster", as it feels perfectly normal for the most part, just that it is literally moving faster than the physical world. Meaning, the further you get away from what we know of as space, the closer you get to "infinite time". Case in point: I can have an astral experience that FEELS like an hours worth of "time" but physically, only a couple minutes has passed (essentially I'll wake up briefly look at my phone and then go back to sleep physically and then check the time again when I return from my inner journey), which fits well with your analogy of the globe where as you approach a given pole, the space is compressed and the time expands (in other-words, you have more time available now per unit of space).

So in those situations when we sleep, astral project, space out, or otherwise dissociate ourselves from the red ray physical level of vibration, there is a gradual "phase shift" or "tuning into" an orientation towards time over space, though as my example illustrates, it is often not "pure time", else time would stop, when in fact, my perception is usually that there is still some linear flow of events in that realm, but relative to our physical realm, it occurs "faster". At a high enough vibrational level (the apex of the pole using your analogy), i'm sure that it stops altogether as we approach a more or less pure orientation towards time over space (violet ray perhaps).

Thanks for sharing.

I love this.  On the "channelingErik" website (really, check it out.  best.  channelled.  material.  ever.  save Ra, course.  ) Erik describes why he's not so actively involved in bugging his family and trying to interact "from the Beyond" because it's like looking in a terrarium with a lizard in it.  You look and the lizard is just lying there.  You come back an hour later.  Lizard is just laying there.  It's just boring.  (Why don't the dead try to communicate with us more often?  Because we are moving so slowly, they get bored trying).  

In an Afterlife, with perpetual summer's day, and you NEVER get tired or want to sleep, that moment will (literally) stretch on forever if you let it.
(07-15-2016, 06:57 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]More than an analogy, I have a very recent experience that seems to relate to this thread. I tried salvia for the first time two weeeks ago and had a strong experience of time/space.

On my second trip, when it hit me, it was like in front of me there was this reality and there was something other behind my mind. So I'd lean back and see a stream of light stretching with what seemed like windows, and that I myself was in one of them. I stayed in-between the two realities a bit and I remember there were others, but can't really recall what was happening about that, seemed somewhat stressful and made me rush back to my body, like something said I couldn't have it back. Going into body was really hard.

After a bit I took more and tried to not cling to this reality and closed my eyes and saw a face made of colored strings in front of me that asked me if I wanted to see that I was the creator. I said yes and we moved within void and I saw flames and my own flame and a flame that divides into the flames. Then I can't recall this part, was like trying to catch water with your hands but it felt like eons for sure. Then something asked me if I didn't want to be in 3D and it made me think of this reality and I moved my awareness upward and saw many giant streams of light intertwined with each other, and so I headed toward a window upon this reality within one of the streams and had to force myself into my body.

Analyzing the experience, I think the stream I went out of and into is the earth within all it's moments. The window was the entry point into the space/time of my experience of myself here and now.

Another possible description of the windows.  Our mind/body/spirit complex totality has multiple threads/streams of light emanating from it.  Each of these is a different "life' of itself.  Your simultaneous lives.

You describe a powerful experience.  Amazing!