Bring4th

Full Version: Inspirational Quotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Fang

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do"
~Oscar Gamble <3

“Withdraw into yourself and look. And if you do not find yourself beautiful yet, act as does the creator of a statue that is to be made beautiful: he cuts away here, he smoothes there, he makes this line lighter, this other purer, until a lovely face has grown his work. So do you also: cut away all that is excessive, straighten all that is crooked, bring light to all that is overcast, labor to make all one glow or beauty and never cease chiseling your statue, until there shall shine out on you from it the godlike splendor of virtue, until you see the perfect goodness surely established in the stainless shrine”

Plotinus

Melissa

“Nothing will make you happy, other than realizing, how nothing can make you happy. From this space, inspiration, harmony, unity, peace, and openness can freely flow throughout your life without it being dependent on any circumstance or outcome. This is the heart of true liberation. In every breath, liberation spontaneously dwells in the movement of form, awaiting nothing, including the promise of happiness or self-realization to be revealed. In the heart of true liberation, you come to realize that neither happiness nor self-realization can be discovered by chasing the attainment of outcomes, including any spiritual goal or objective. Instead, self-realization is revealed as the very truth that frees you from the pressure and objective of there being an outcome to chase or anything to realize at all.

This may help you understand the nature of your life in a far more simple, gentle and loving way. You may come to see how often unhappiness is experienced, whenever you are trying to be happy or have promised yourself that a goal, circumstance, or outcome can bring you the happiness that you innocently overlook. Without trying to be happy in any way, a primordial ecstasy can be seen to naturally permeate all moments, leaving you with everything to embrace and nothing to conclude. Equally so, the belief that you must become self-realized in order to experience the grace of true liberation is the root of all feelings of separation.

One can blindly suffer in the world without having any deeper insights to consider, but the one who feels separate from the divine or feels the constant urgency to become self-realized has become victimized by their own collection of spiritual knowledge. Once self-realization has been completely surrendered as a goal to pursue or an outcome to anticipate, the truth of your eternal nature is inherently revealed to be the miraculous way that life has always been. This won’t make you happy, but free you from the goals, concepts and ideas that perpetuate unhappiness, as a long-standing belief that you feel the way you do because something must be missing.

When the idea that something is missing from your life can be seen as an idea, then feelings, circumstance, or outcomes no longer become key pieces of evidence in a painful case you’re unknowingly building against yourself. Instead, each feeling, circumstance and outcome can be openly embraced as aspects of self who are here to be loved as only you can ever love them. As the willingness to love what arises replaces the life-long pursuit of outcome, the history of unresolved pain is wiped out of your heart, as well as the energy fields of all. In time, you will see how quickly a world awakens in consciousness when everything is an opportunity to return to love for the well-being of all.”

--Matt Kahn
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhM9OnfogVqGq8FeIK5IV...LgmcejIxXg]
[Image: 690485.jpg]

-Banksy

Melissa

“You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.” 
― C.G. Jung
“You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two.”

― Hayao Miyazaki
“It’s time to take humor seriously and seriousness humorously.” -Swami Beyondananda

“The basic difference between an ordinary person and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary person takes everything either as a blessing or a curse.” -Carlos Castaneda
"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it."
-George Carlin
"respect existence
or expect resistance" -snozz
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-T.S. Eliot
[Image: 10269524_10152213439934690_6304822324103275796_n.jpg]
(04-25-2014, 01:58 PM)bosphorus Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 10269524_10152213439934690_6304822324103275796_n.jpg]

So God is a different being than the One Infinite Creator. Because the Creator does not "do" anything, but just be. This is at the level of Infinity. We as Creator obviously do stuff. So it's good to remember God in our life. I see God as a Logos that created our Universe.
“Reality is what we take to be true.
What we take to be true is what we believe.
What we believe is based upon our perceptions.
What we perceive depends upon what we look for.
What we look for depends upon what we think.
What we think depends upon what we perceive.
What we perceive determines what we believe.
What we believe determines what we take to be true.
What we take to be true is our reality.” ~ Gary Zukav
There can be no political revolution, no social revolution, no economic revolution. The only revolution is that of the spirit; it is individual. And if millions of individuals change, then the society will change as a consequence, not vice versa. You cannot change the society first and hope that individuals will change later on.

-osho
[Image: QIRBLeN.jpg]

[Image: 6IVB4zg.jpg]
[Image: 10414457_10152270484679690_3197461249907353971_n.jpg]
(05-03-2014, 11:20 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ][Image: QIRBLeN.jpg]

so true.

when one has attained the the buddhahead (a buddha head has very little hair incidentally), even the everyday becomes sacred:

Quote:49.6 Each experience will be sequentially understood by the growing and seeking mind/body/spirit complex in terms of survival, then in terms of personal identity, then in terms of social relations, then in terms of universal love, then in terms of how the experience may beget free communication, then in terms of how the experience may be linked to universal energies, and finally in terms of the sacramental nature of each experience.

that is when it is seen that everything is the Creator, ie just a manifestation of the Ultimate Self.
I don't think buddhahood is possible unless you give up everything. Very hard to do when working an 8-5 job.
"...there are not many but only One. Who sees variety and not the Unity wanders on from death to death." ~from The Upanishads
“Words reduce reality to something the human mind can grasp, which isn’t very much.”

Eckhart Tolle
"I am all that has been, and is, & shall be..."
(06-14-2014, 01:18 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]"I am all that has been, and is, & shall be...

there is no separation in me
the above is my true identity"
[Image: 10456056_10152322032559690_9092842465935273301_n.jpg]
[Image: quote-death-is-nature-s-way-of-saying-yo...355311.jpg]
[Image: fa814008be5099b12e713bb64c0752e2.jpg]
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

― Mark Twain
[Image: 2014+-+1]
bosphorus, you are one of the most positive people I know.
(12-15-2014, 07:30 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]bosphorus, you are one of the most positive people I know.

thank you Smile
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9