Bring4th

Full Version: Inspirational Quotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I often come across quotes and think it would be nice to share them (one every day or so), so this will be the place. Feel free to add your own favourites :¬)

Winston Churchill Wrote:We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give

Gandhi Wrote:A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave

Robert A. Heinlein Wrote:One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others

Mark Van Doren Wrote:The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery
It appears that spoiler tags don't work here, and I know the HH quote may cause concern because of its origins (rather than its contents - I checked it over before posting...)

George S. Patton Wrote:A pint of sweat saves a gallon of blood.

Gandhi Wrote:I am an Advaitist and yet I can support Dvaitism. The world is changing every moment, and is therefore unreal, it has no permanent existence. But though it is constantly changing, it has something about it which persists and it is therefore to that extent real .. Joy or what men call happiness may be, as it really is, a dream in a fleeting and transitory world ... But we cannot dismiss the suffering of our fellow creatures as unreal and thereby provide a moral alibi for ourselves. Even dreams are true while they last and to the sufferer his suffering is a grim reality.

Hidden Hand; A known 3d STS entity Wrote:[spoiler]ATS: My question is this: what can I do to attract more like-minded individuals to come together to uplift my people's turning to the path of ascension. (I've decided that this is what I can do to express my personal act of 'service to others')

HH: And a very wise and compassionate decision it is. We are proud of you.

The most important thing, is not to force things, and not to be so impassioned in your delivery of your message, that you put people off the content of the message itself. There is a balance that needs to be found, between your urgency to awaken others, and your compassion for the lack of understanding in their 'condition'. Always adhere to the Law of Free Will, and never force your message.

In getting your message out there, whilst being informative, always do your best not to feed the fear and paranoia, as this will act contrary to your intentions of raising the vibration to Positive. Deliver your message in a way that emphasizes the Hope, and the true beauty and reality of our inherent Oneness with our Infinite Creator. Be as a Light, shining in the Darkness. Do not burn others with your light, but rather, allow them to be drawn to your Light, and be of Service to those who come to you willingly. In other words, do not become 'evangelical' with your message, but rather, be the enigmatic and loving 'wise old sage', to whom others are drawn to because of the Quality of his vibration, rather than the volume of his rhetoric.

Most importantly, PRACTICE THAT WHICH YOU PREACH. Others must be able to see the effect of our Infinite Creator conducting his wonderful work through you.

We wish you well in your task, and are hopeful of a Positive Harvest for you. But above all things, keep working upon yourself, and keep choosing the Positive, and being of Service to others. Because you desire to, not because you feel that you must.

We ask our Infinite Creator to bless you and guide your path.[/spoiler]

Oscar Wilde Wrote:Who, being loved, is poor?

Namaste @ bring4th Wrote:You're here to live with peace at a time of great change and confusion.
You're here as a guiding light for the future of humanity.
You're here to uplift, heal and empower other Selves.
You're here because you're a great teacher.
You're here because it's your destiny.
You're here to be your Self.

You're already doing this. As you grow spiritually, you become closer to your Higher Self and your Higher Purpose. You are remembering your Self on a day-by-day basis. Your energy rays continually balance and increasingly radiate much love and light to others, raising the vibrational level of those around you, helping them to awaken and remember.

You're bright lights in this world, born to live without fear and to embrace - Be - the evolutionary change, leading the way of living with peace and harmony. You are your destiny.

I love you all, and thank you all, for your invaluable contribution to the conscious evolution of mankind.

Namaste.

Martin Luther King Jr. Wrote:I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.

Aaron (Confederation) Wrote:To teach what you came to teach, you first must fully ground yourself in the illusion, must accept your humanness.

Bill Cosby Wrote:Decide you want it more than you're scared of it.

H. P. Blavatsky Wrote:Let thy Soul lend its ear to every cry of pain like as the lotus bares its heart to drink the morning sun. Let not the fierce Sun dry one tear of pain before thyself hast wiped it from the sufferer's eye. But let each burning human tear drop on thy heart and there remain, nor ever brush it off, until the pain that caused it is removed. These tears, O thou of heart most merciful, these are the streams that irrigate the fields of charity immortal.
Thank you for sharing, JoshC. One of those looks familiar! :¬)

A lesser known - and yet perhaps the most profound - quote from a great man...

Albert Einstein Wrote:A human being is a part of a whole, called by us "the universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

How fantastic, he literally describes the Law of One; the unity of all, the limitations of time and space, the moving from STS mentality of the ego mind to the acceptance and loving of others - STO, the balancing of red/orange/green, the purpose of this density. Telephathic downloads/realisations from The Confederation perhaps? Quite possibly, as he was a channel for this type of help to humanity from my understanding of the Ra Material.

He was also not happy how his STO mentality was taken and used by STS entities...

Albert Einstein Wrote:The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking... the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.

One more...

Albert Einstein Wrote:Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds.

L&L
Such a good idea; thank you Namaste!

I do not know who said this but, here it is:

"If you want to change someone, change the way you see them!"

W.
I was told once in a dream:

"Stop trying to find yourself and be yourself."
Sai Baba Wrote:The mind sees separateness, love sees unity

Osho Wrote:If you wish to see the truth, then hold no opinion for or against

Albert Schweitzer Wrote:The purpose of human life is to serve; to show compassion and the will to help others
They say, "time is money"!
I say, "time is love!"

That one is from me (poetry),
W.
Mancius Wrote:Great is the man who has not lost his childlike heart

Swami Vivekananda Wrote:All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything

Sai Baba Wrote:You must enshrine in your hearts the spiritual urge towards light and love, wisdom and bliss!

Osho Wrote:You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty
You can add up the parts
but you won't have the sum
You can strike up the march,
there is no drum
Every heart, every heart
to love will come
but like a refugee.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

From Anthem by Leonard Cohen
Before he died, Einstein said (in reference to an old friend who had passed on before him)

"Now Besso has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us ... know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

Richard
Sasha Azevedo Wrote:When you love people and have the desire to make a profound, positive impact upon the world, then you will have accomplished the meaning to live.
Some profound through-the-veil quotes from Bill Hicks, a legend of comedy.

Quote:Wouldn't you like to see a positive LSD story on the news? To base your decision on information rather than scare tactics and superstition? Wouldn't that be interesting? Just for once?

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

An all-time favourite...

Quote:The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while.

Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people.

"Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real."

It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok...

But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love.

The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
Given to me today by someone who just visited her grandmother.

"Dear if I were to worry so much about other peoples opinions I may actually get bothered by them as much as they are."
Gayan-0458 - All that lives is spirit, and all that dies is matter.

The inward and essential part of each and every being is composed of fine vibrations, and the external part is formed of gross ones. The finer part we name spirit and the grosser part matter, the former being less subject to change and destruction and the latter more so. All that lives is spirit and all that dies is matter; and all that dies in spirit is matter and all that lives in matter is spirit. All that is visible and perceptible appears to be living, although subject to death and decay and becoming every moment resolved into its finer element but the sight of man is so deluded by its awareness of the seeming world, that the spirit which really lives is covered under the garb of matter and its true being is hidden.

THE MYSTICISM OF SOUND - Vibrations
Hazrat Inayat Khan

Heart
"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
Quote:Questioner: Then I am assuming all of the groups getting telepathic contact from the Confederation are high-priority targets for the Orion crusaders, and I would assume that a large percentage of them are having their messages polluted by the Orion group. Can you tell me what percentage of them had their information polluted by the Orion group and if any of them were able to remain purely a Confederation channel?
Ra: I am Ra. To give you this information would be to infringe upon the free will or confusion of some living. We can only ask each group to consider the relative effect of philosophy and your so-called specific information. It is not the specificity of the information which attracts negative influences. It is the importance placed upon it.

This is why we iterate quite often, when asked for specific information, that it pales to insignificance, just as the grass withers and dies while the love and the light of the One Infinite Creator redounds to the very infinite realms of creation forever and ever, creating and creating itself in perpetuity.

Why then be concerned with the grass that blooms, withers and dies in its season only to grow once again due to the infinite love and light of the One Creator? This is the message we bring. Each entity is only superficially that which blooms and dies. In the deeper sense there is no end to being-ness.

Very powerful words.
Just to keep it all in perspective:

"If the Earth is the size of a pea in New York, then the Sun is a beachball 50m away, Pluto is 4km away, and the next nearest star is in Tokyo. Now shrink Pluto's orbit into a coffee cup; then our Milky Way Galaxy fills North America." — Wayne Hayes.

Richard
Note to all hunters...
This is a real add from a San Francisco newspaper

[attachment=158]

Does this qualify for inspirational? BigSmile

L/L
Whitefeather
"Style" on personal development Wrote:There are certain bad habits we've groomed our whole life—from personality flaws to fashion faux pas. And it has been the role of parents and friends, outside of some minor tweaking, to reinforce the belief that we're okay just as we are. But it's not enough to just be yourself. You have to be your best self. And that's a tall order if you haven't found your best self yet.

A little bit forceful, but I think that the gist of the point is worth considering.
Bashar Wrote:If you want enlightenment, just lighten up!

Sai Baba Wrote:Observe the stars, millions of them, twinkling in the night sky, all with a message of unity, all part of God

This is a fantastic quote to keep in mind in a world of catalyst...

Osho Wrote:One can be angry only if he is unaware. Try to be angry and aware together, and you will find it impossible.

Peter Dunov Wrote:Love brings life, wisdom brings light, & truth brings freedom.

Alan Watts Wrote:The attitude of faith is to let go, and become open to truth, whatever it might turn out to be.
Namaste Wrote:This is a fantastic quote to keep in mind in a world of catalyst...

Osho Wrote:One can be angry only if he is unaware. Try to be angry and aware together, and you will find it impossible.

This reminds me of The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. /Insert whole book as a quote here BigSmile
That's a great book, along with A New Earth :¬)

How wonderful...

Peace Pilgrim Wrote:One little person, giving all her time to peace, makes news. Many people, giving some of their time, can make history
This is simply beautiful and ties in with Q'uo's message to wanderers so well.

Ralph Waldo Emerson Wrote:To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.

Inspirational.
Sadhguru Wrote:Life has come from a very beautiful source.
If you remain in touch with that source,
everything about you will be beautiful.
Sanaya Roman & Duane Packer' Wrote:Don't discard your fantasies as merely wishful thinking. Honor them as messages from the deepest part of your being about what you can do and directions you can choose.
Watching a movie called Waking Life. Definitely worth its time.

Waking Life Wrote:The trick is to combine...your waking rational abilities...with the infinite possibilities of your dreams. 'Cause if you can do that, you can do anything.

Waking Life Wrote:If the world that we are forced to accept is false and nothing is true, then everything is possible. On the way to discovering what we love, we will find everything we hate, everything that blocks our path to what we desire. The comfort will never be comfortable for those who seek what is not on the market. A systematic questioning of the idea of happiness. We'll cut the vocal chords of every empowered speaker. We'll yank the social symbols through the looking glass. We'll devalue society's currency. To confront the familiar. Society is a fraud so complete and venal... that it demands to be destroyed beyond the power of memory to recall its existence. Where there's fire, we will carry gasoline. Interrupt the continuum of everyday experience... and all the normal expectations that go with it. To live as if something actually depended on one's actions. To rupture the spell of the ideology of the commodified consumer society... so that our oppressed desires of a more authentic nature can come forward. To demonstrate the contrast between what life presently is and what it could be. To immerse ourselves in the oblivion of actions and know we're making it happen. There will be an intensity never before known in everyday life... to exchange love and hate, life and death, terror and redemption, repulsions and attractions. An affirmation of freedom so reckless and unqualified, that it amounts to a total denial of every kind of restraint and limitation.

Waking Life Wrote:You have begun to find your answers. Although it will seem difficult, the rewards will be great. Exercise your human mind as thoroughly as possible, knowing it is only an exercise. Build beautiful artifacts, solve problems, explore the secrets of the physical universe. Savor the input from all the senses. Feel the joy and sorrow, the laughter, the empathy, compassion... and tote the emotional memory in your travel bag.
Thanks for typing those up Josh, Waking Life is indeed mandatory watching!
Any time, Namaste Smile

Neale Donald Walsch, channeling "God" Wrote:So—do you want your life to “take off”? Begin at once to imagine it the way you want it to be—and move into that. Check every thought, word, and action that does not fall into harmony with that. Move away from those.

Neale Donald Walsch, channeling "God" Wrote:You are goodness and mercy and compassion and understanding. You are peace and joy and light. You are forgiveness and patience, strength and courage, a helper in time of need, a comforter in time of sorrow, a healer in time of injury, a teacher in times of confusion. You are the deepest wisdom and the highest truth; the greatest peace and the grandest love. You are these things. And in moments of your life you have known yourself as these things. Choose now to know yourself as these things always.

Neale Donald Walsch, channeling "God" Wrote:Say your truth—kindly, but fully and completely. Live your truth, gently, but totally and consistently. Change your truth easily and quickly when your experience brings you new clarity.

Neale Donald Walsch, channeling "God" Wrote:There’s nothing “wrong” with anything. “Wrong” is a relative term, indicating the opposite of that which you call “right.” Yet, what is “right”? Can you be truly objective in these matters? Or are “right” and “wrong” simply descriptions overlaid on events and circumstances by you, out of your decision about them?

Neale Donald Walsch, channeling "God" Wrote:I will not leave you, I cannot leave you, for you are My creation and My product, My daughter and My son, My purpose and My... Self. Call on Me, therefore, wherever and whenever you are separate from the peace that I am. I will be there. With Truth. And Light. And Love.
Rumi Wrote:Let the beauty we love become the good we do.
(09-07-2010, 08:23 PM)JoshC Wrote: [ -> ]Any time, Namaste Smile

Neale Donald Walsch, channeling "God" Wrote:So—do you want your life to “take off”? Begin at once to imagine it the way you want it to be—and move into that. Check every thought, word, and action that does not fall into harmony with that. Move away from those.

Neale Donald Walsch, channeling "God" Wrote:You are goodness and mercy and compassion and understanding. You are peace and joy and light. You are forgiveness and patience, strength and courage, a helper in time of need, a comforter in time of sorrow, a healer in time of injury, a teacher in times of confusion. You are the deepest wisdom and the highest truth; the greatest peace and the grandest love. You are these things. And in moments of your life you have known yourself as these things. Choose now to know yourself as these things always.

Neale Donald Walsch, channeling "God" Wrote:Say your truth—kindly, but fully and completely. Live your truth, gently, but totally and consistently. Change your truth easily and quickly when your experience brings you new clarity.

Neale Donald Walsch, channeling "God" Wrote:There’s nothing “wrong” with anything. “Wrong” is a relative term, indicating the opposite of that which you call “right.” Yet, what is “right”? Can you be truly objective in these matters? Or are “right” and “wrong” simply descriptions overlaid on events and circumstances by you, out of your decision about them?

Neale Donald Walsch, channeling "God" Wrote:I will not leave you, I cannot leave you, for you are My creation and My product, My daughter and My son, My purpose and My... Self. Call on Me, therefore, wherever and whenever you are separate from the peace that I am. I will be there. With Truth. And Light. And Love.

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Quote:I intend to live forever, so far so good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9