Bring4th

Full Version: Audio book version of the Ra Material?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From reading the previous post on this and looking in the store, I presume this does not exist.
If nobody has done this yet, then I probably will. I tried reading some of Ra's run on sentences... oh boy. It would be much better than a robot voice though.

Previous article

I also found a reflection on the material which is okay.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL..._6rnvUAtIU
seems you didn't read the thread you linked to.
(07-20-2016, 09:09 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]seems you didn't read the thread you linked to.

As implied in my post, the article was read.
It exists, it just hasn't been released to the public/completed in formatting yet. Jim has already done all of the reading. In the previous thread, Gary said he hoped it would be done "by spring", and at this point they are about one month off from that original timeline. I'll send a note to Austin here to ask him to comment on the current state of the project.
[delete]
(07-21-2016, 10:16 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]It exists, it just hasn't been released to the public/completed in formatting yet. Jim has already done all of the reading. In the previous thread, Gary said he hoped it would be done "by spring", and at this point they are about one month off from that original timeline. I'll send a note to Austin here to ask him to comment on the current state of the project.

Sure, Gary said "by spring." But he didn't say which spring, did he? It could be any springs. 2016? Well, obviously not. But 2017? 2018? 2019?!

Well, hopefully not that long. I mean, it's obviously dangerous to give any sort of date range, even if it is just a loose estimate. At the time, having the first part released by spring seemed realistic. A couple of factors have slowed it down, including its connection with The Ra Contact book itself. There are occasional updates about that given in the Blogworthy portion of Jim's Camelot Journal for anyone wanting to keep updated on the progress.

These sorts of projects are squeezed in along with the day-to-day operations (and other ongoing projects) of L/L Research, so it's difficult to guess how long it might take to get one project out of the way and move on to another.

But I can say that the progress on the audiobook is not halted. It is not front and center, but it is still in the works. To reiterate from the other thread, all of the audio is already recorded, but there is further work beyond that, and the introduction still needs recorded (and written). Sessions are still being edited, and once work on Tilting at Windmills is complete (which it is so, so close), our focus will be turned to The Ra Contact, which will also mean the audiobook itself.

Hold out just a little bit longer. The wait will be completely worth it. It is a completely new experience listening to it read by Jim. We're are super, super excited about it.
Can't wait!
(07-21-2016, 10:16 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]It exists, it just hasn't been released to the public/completed in formatting yet. Jim has already done all of the reading. In the previous thread, Gary said he hoped it would be done "by spring", and at this point they are about one month off from that original timeline. I'll send a note to Austin here to ask him to comment on the current state of the project.

Thanks Jade. I thought it might have been halted, so I considered doing it.