Bring4th

Full Version: What is gratitude?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since all is One, are you simply thanking yourself? Or is pure gratitude not expressed in a single direction, but radiated outward to ALL? I don't think I understand gratitude, though I know it to be an important part of Becoming. How do you see gratitude.
I think gratitude is recognition of the value of all events and gratefulness towards everything. I think as humans we tend to be grateful only for those things that please of benefit us, and don't recognize that even if it repulses us, it belongs in someone else's "picnic" as Ra calls it. So I think one way to frame all encompassing gratitude is about being able to refrain from judging anything as a less desirable piece of Creation. I mean, obviously we are allowed preferences, but when I attempt to meditate on gratitude, I don't try to specify too much. If anything, I try to be grateful to the -now- moment.
(08-12-2016, 11:40 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]How do you see gratitude.

I think it is just an acknowledgement and appreciation of what is.

And as you say, it's an aspect of becoming more conscious.

At it's heart, just like the process and mechanism of Forgiveness, it works on inner currents of the self, with the externally held 'object' just being a focal point.
More or less, I see gratitude as being an expression of appreciation, and in turn, appreciation is an expression of love. So it's targeted loving, so to speak. Whether to self, other self, or All, it's still a radiation of loving energies either way.
_______
(08-12-2016, 11:40 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]Since all is One, are you simply thanking yourself?

In some abstract sense, yes, but practically speaking no, since a 3rd density being is not really consciously identified with the One.

(08-12-2016, 11:40 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]Or is pure gratitude not expressed in a single direction, but radiated outward to ALL? I don't think I understand gratitude, though I know it to be an important part of Becoming. How do you see gratitude.

It is only radiated towards all if you are appreciating all, but that isn't really possible for a 3rd density being because we are not aware of all. To appreciate something, you have to know what it is. Therefore, our gratitude is never "pure" at our level of existence.

So how would I describe gratitude? As a conscious acknowledgment or recognition of value (basically more or less the same as what plenum wrote).
(08-12-2016, 11:40 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]Or is pure gratitude not expressed in a single direction, but radiated outward to ALL?

I invoke gratitude in many different instances..towards food, waiting in line at the grocery store (not having to sweat in a field), nice things, health. It's one tool for focusing consciousness..positive interpretations of catalyst..seeing things for what they are rather than what they are not. It helps us find peace.
________
_________