Bring4th

Full Version: Who is afraid of death?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am afraid of what I might have to experience after death.
I focused so much on things that I really don't want to happen.
But they might be manifested after death, and I'll be forced to experience them.
I don't know why I thought so hard on certain nasty things.
I'm not afraid of my own death but I realized recently I am afraid of the death of others.
“Dying is easy. . . comedy is hard” Edmund Kean.
You'd be infinitly more alive after you "die". I guess I am not, if I had attachments then maybe, but na.
On a more serious note, here are two resources to help demonstrate death as "lifting the veil":
http://newtoninstitute.org
http://www.dolorescannon.com
I'm not as much afraid of death, as I am of leaving things unfinished. I do my best to try not to worry about things I cannot control. It isn't always easy, but sometimes giving up the illusion of control is liberating.
I'm not afraid of death. What lies beyond it is better than here. But I also don't seek it out, because I want the kind of Death implied by my username. I'm going to die on my own terms, by my own hand, after I do some polarizing in the direction I want to go.
I am so afraid of my sweetie's death. Sometimes I don't why but I think about some made up death and funeral scene etc and it makes me so sad.

My own death? I am only afraid of any temporary suffering of the body and mind during the actual death moments.
sometimes i am, sometimes i'm not.
(08-21-2016, 06:18 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not afraid of my own death but I realized recently I am afraid of the death of others.

wow, that's true. I think that's because you have to deal with their death while you are personally still alive. Your death is easy, there's nothing to it, you just die and move on. Their death marks a significant absence in your life.

As for my answer, I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of pain. Others' death causes me pain, I'm afraid of that. Although isn't it always that you are afraid of something until you deal with it, then it loses its power over you?
I have no fears of death itself, but I can't say I'm looking forward to the few minutes leading up to it.
No fear of death in the abstract, but the few times I came close to it, I felt the stirring of fear during those few moments.  I believe I was more afraid that I was leaving too early, before accomplishing all I came to do.  I am afraid of the effect my death would have on others.
(08-21-2016, 06:13 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I am afraid of what I might have to experience after death.
But they might be manifested after death, and I'll be forced to experience them.

Let me write what my experience was like and hope it illuminates.

First you see a slowly rotating light that comes from all living things that seems to spin around the object you are looking at, eventually the spinning light and its location in relation to where you think you are in your mind becomes clearer, as it does the people you've known seem less real and more like objects you really should have spent your life loving. As the moment approaches you start to understand how silly all your mistakes were, especially in context of two piles of people the people you haven't met because of the mistakes and the people in the few mistakes of all the things you've met before, then you start to realize how easily you could just integrate them all into yourself and create a new paradise, and realise that since you could create a paradise if the people weren't in your way, you remove the people that were in your way and descend back into the world, for a moment compltely unaware that you've removed people from your life by integrating them so well into yourself that you no longer need to see or interact with them in any way to know what they want, for you not to go into that space again and be happy with who you are. After a while the awe at being able to disintegrate everyone and reintgrate wears off and you realize that what you disintegrate was a kidney, a lung, a heart, brain, or so on, and that you died in the process, no one was just kind enough to tell you about it because... well... You know...

Then you slowly start to wake into a dream of no one mentioning to you that you're omnipotent, and you notice... people... look at you a bit odd and a bit like they were constantly kissing. I interpert the last part as the mouth to mouth as your brain starts to run out of oxygen, but still, its nice. The pain in death does not come from death but from how little effort you put into the paintings of the faces of yourself that you'll hang around with for an eternity, now that the paintings have come to life.

Hope that helps
Not at all. In fact I am ready(/would want) to die at almost any moment out of immense happiness that I have achieved in this short life, but there is still so much more that I can do here, so I remain in service to the best of my ability, attempting to simultaneously minimize any moral hypocrisy that is evident in my experience.
(08-22-2016, 12:21 AM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2016, 06:18 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not afraid of my own death but I realized recently I am afraid of the death of others.

wow, that's true. I think that's because you have to deal with their death while you are personally still alive. Your death is easy, there's nothing to it, you just die and move on. Their death marks a significant absence in your life.

As for my answer, I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of pain. Others' death causes me pain, I'm afraid of that. Although isn't it always that you are afraid of something until you deal with it, then it loses its power over you?

I'm afraid that I cannot ever comfort people, and the sorrow of grief is one that slowly heals. I fear people giving their lives to despairing and letting it eat them away. I fear people viewing me as a monster for being so accepting of death lol
(08-22-2016, 02:18 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2016, 12:21 AM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm afraid that I cannot ever comfort people, and the sorrow of grief is one that slowly heals. I fear people giving their lives to despairing and letting it eat them away. I fear people viewing me as a monster for being so accepting of death lol

i feel you Aion.
That bring said, I've done my jog around the 'suicidal block' more than once, but I never feared death, I always feared how it would affect the people I left behind.

Eventually I realized that I was really just trying to leave myself behind.
I think I feel fond of how I am more than fearing death, wouldn't want to see it end, yet am aware it is dust in the wind.

On my first salvia experience I attained a really high state of mind I didn't believe would fade, with a personality of it's own, and I felt sad that who I was killed itself without really seeing it coming but trip did end and the window closed which is nice.
They is? I'm sorry Who, I hope you get over it Heart
Fearless I am.
Deathfear is a story, a myth.
Take my meat puppet away when he has served his use.
No regrets, no commitments.
Take me on that indigo train and transport me into the higher heavens.
(08-21-2016, 06:13 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I am afraid of what I might have to experience after death.

Heart

Every experience enriches the glory of the infinite creator. There is no such thing as mistakes. There is no such thing as a purely bad experience. Every experience is an opportunity to learn. Sometimes that may mean we simply have to experience a hardship to stop fearing it.

Fear is the concern of a finite mortal being, with beginning and end. Your mortality is an illusion. God does not fear what may come next, god experiences infinitely, grows infinitely, and becomes infinitely more complex with each passing experience.

It sounds like you are spending a lot of time thinking about the future, which has created anxiety.

To quote Lao Tzu,

"If you are depressed,
you are living in the past.
If you are anxious,
You are living in the future.
If you are at peace,
you are living in the present."

Be at peace my brother, everything else is illusion and madness.
I'm not afraid of death. Q'uo says many times that we don't die until we're totally ready. I think pretty much most of us here have a hand in planning our incarnations, so a surprise, accidental death isn't likely in store for us - and if it is, then it's all part of a bigger plan.

The fear of loss of a loved one is a perfect impetus to serve. Or the fear that one would leave others behind can be an impetus as well. Any fear of death is a direct pull out of experiencing/enjoying the present moment. The moment is now. Death is just another moment in a very articulately designed series of moments.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. Consider, if you will, the path your life-experience complex has taken. Consider the coincidences and odd circumstances by which one thing flowed to the next. Consider this well.

Each entity will receive the opportunity that each needs.
I am extremely unafraid of my death. I am afraid of the death of love ones. What I fear most in regards to my death are any potential short-comings in terms of fulfilling my life path (and trust me there have been plenty). I am more afraid of leaving this incarnation before doing what I need to do. I am also afraid of depolarizing and missing major signposts. Death, for me, by itself - what it is, is a very comfortable thought...because I have very strong faith in what awaits me. To me, death is like taking off shackles and walking free.
I am no longer afraid of what comes after death. I am finding peace in my life for once.