Bring4th

Full Version: Green Ray and the faith of the moment.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been thinking a little lately about the Green ray or the center of compassion, wondering what truly makes someone compassionate? I guess its an old philosophical question. I would have to say that compassion in my opinion much surely start out as a type of ethical conduct of non harming, that is to say not to harm ourselves, other selves or the environment. This to me makes fairly logical sense. The antithesis then to compassion following this line of thinking would be ignorance, causing harm directly or indirectly through a lack of awareness or understanding. However if we take this line of thinking a little further down the line we could say that what is harmful is surely nothing more than a personal opinion or a personal view. What i consider to be harmful might not be considered harmful by someone else in a different culture for example. At the end of the day would be it well said to say that compassion is an act of faith? That is to say that we all have a different sense of believe or faith in what is ethically or morally correct. This is quite an interesting connection, because Ra corresponds faith to the indigo ray and the green ray as the spring board towards intelligent infinity.

Compassion is the work of faith in the present moment?

Now this might be some what distorted through an overly logical filter, maybe the best way towards compassion isn't through the rational logical mind but the opening of the self towards the other in honesty embracing the experience of the unknown.

To keep things simply, i try my best to follow a Buddhist moral virtue called the 5 precepts

Non Killing,
Non stealing,
Non false speech
Non Sexual Misconduct
Non Intoxicants

I think the above is a good a moral frame work as any, its not overly in depth or clouded through philosophical thinking but has fair conduct that is willing undertaken to lessen the suffering of all beings.

Quote: At the end of the day would be it well said to say that compassion is an act of faith?

Very wisely said, IMHO!  This reminds me of Confederation suggestions to spiritually elevate intent over outcome, recognizing that misunderstanding is not simply likely but necessary to the third density experience.  To the extent that affording compassion seems to make such a small dent in the litany of overall suffering, it is an act of faith, I'd agree, to do so with a feeling that one's compassion is a service one performs in spite of the seeming futility to the waking mind.  Without the faith, compassion could be as hollow as a kind of projected self-pity.

Quote:Now this might be some what distorted through an overly logical filter, maybe the best way towards compassion isn't through the rational logical mind but the opening of the self towards the other in honesty embracing the experience of the unknown.

As somebody with an overly logical filter, I can only say that this is how I attempt to approach life after far too many years of trying to figure it all out.  The big thing for me personally is embracing vulnerability.  All the defense mechanisms that cause pain and suffering arise from an unwillingness to apprehend the reality and gravity of the present moment, however that phenomenally plays out.  By making it ok to be hurt, vulnerable, uncertain, etc., one allows oneself to feel these things deeply instead of engaging the rational mind in constructs that divert attention from the suffering to either some projection onto others or a repressive blocking of the emotional current.  

While this doesn't speak directly to your point about compassion, I think it's just about there anyway, since compassion is borne of a regard for others' suffering that originates in a acceptance of our own.

If you're interested in a left-brain-friendly, intellectual exploration of affect, I cannot recommend any book more highly than Steven Tyman's A Fool's Phenomenology.
Compassion is no attribute. It is the LAW of laws-eternal Harmony. A shoreless universal essence, the light of everlasting Right, the law of love eternal.(extract from The voice of the silence)

Compasion compells oneself to reach out your hand and say, let me help you up my brother.
WanderingOZ
(08-22-2016, 03:56 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been thinking a little lately about the Green ray or the center of compassion, wondering what truly makes someone compassionate? I guess its an old philosophical question. I would have to say that compassion in my opinion much surely start out as a type of ethical conduct of non harming, that is to say not to harm ourselves, other selves or the environment. This to me makes fairly logical sense. The antithesis then to compassion following this line of thinking would be ignorance, causing harm directly or indirectly through a lack of awareness or understanding. However if we take this line of thinking a little further down the line we could say that what is harmful is surely nothing more than a personal opinion or a personal view. What i consider to be harmful might not be considered harmful by someone else in a different culture for example. At the end of the day would be it well said to say that compassion is an act of faith? That is to say that we all have a different sense of believe or faith in what is ethically or morally correct. This is quite an interesting connection, because Ra corresponds faith to the indigo ray and the green ray as the spring board towards intelligent infinity.

Now this might be some what distorted through an overly logical filter, maybe the best way towards compassion isn't through the rational logical mind but the opening of the self towards the other in honesty embracing the experience of the unknown.

To keep things simply, i try my best to follow a Buddhist moral virtue called the 5 precepts

Non Killing,
Non stealing,
Non false speech
Non Sexual Misconduct
Non Intoxicants

I think the above is a good a moral frame work as any, its not overly in depth or clouded through philosophical thinking but has fair conduct that is willing undertaken to lessen the suffering of all beings.

I believe one of the most common ways of coming to feel for another self, especially on Earth, comes from a place of understanding pain. From going through trauma, to literally know that other self is in pain, or depression. To really understand that They feel. Because you've been there, you've felt it.
(08-22-2016, 03:56 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been thinking a little lately about the Green ray or the center of compassion, wondering what truly makes someone compassionate? I guess its an old philosophical question. I would have to say that compassion in my opinion much surely start out as a type of ethical conduct of non harming, that is to say not to harm ourselves, other selves or the environment. This to me makes fairly logical sense. The antithesis then to compassion following this line of thinking would be ignorance, causing harm directly or indirectly through a lack of awareness or understanding. However if we take this line of thinking a little further down the line we could say that what is harmful is surely nothing more than a personal opinion or a personal view. What i consider to be harmful might not be considered harmful by someone else in a different culture for example. At the end of the day would be it well said to say that compassion is an act of faith? That is to say that we all have a different sense of believe or faith in what is ethically or morally correct. This is quite an interesting connection, because Ra corresponds faith to the indigo ray and the green ray as the spring board towards intelligent infinity.

Non Killing,
Non stealing,
Non false speech
Non Sexual Misconduct
Non Intoxicants

Matt, it is helpful to recognize that we are all continuously taking in raw energy, transforming it primarily through our emotions, attitudes, and intentions, and sending it out again.  Through actions, too, but even when we are not acting outwardly, we are still acting on that energy flow through our emotional state, attitudes and intentions, all the time. The amount of energy each of us transforms throughout our lives is enormous, and constitutes our primary impact or output on our surroundings.  This is why Q'uo repeatedly calls us to focus more on our state of being rather than our actions.

I recommend thinking of compassion primarily as an attitude.  An attitude of kindness, of goodwill, or caring and wanting the best for all that you encounter.  Working toward making that your natural state of being.  Starting to mindfully catch those moments when difficult life circumstances take you out of that state, and with gentle compassion toward yourself regaining compassion for the others involved. 

"Right action" will flow naturally from that cultivated attitude (although it remains helpful to refrain from engaging in hostile action when not in a compassionate state).  To be truly "right", right action must be done with an attitude of love.  Helping someone physically while judging them or resenting having to do it is not an STO act.  Having a kind, gentle thought about someone, sincerely wishing them well, even without overt action IS an STO act.  "Legalistic" religious or spiritual prescriptions that say "do this but not that" while ignoring whether one's heart is open or closed during the action are missing the point entirely.

Taking the goodwill-to-all - based approach also takes the onus of figuring out what is truly helpful off you. We're veiled here, so we can sort of guess what's helpful - but not reliably since we only have a tiny bit of undistorted information about any circumstance. Therefore, just by acting out of goodwill for all parties involved, including ourselves, we can accept that we are being of service.

In sum: those actions are compassionate which flow from an open heart.
Matt, your OP reflects my own journey to understanding faith within my own spiritual practice. As someone who grew up without religion (scorned it, really) the concept of faith baffled me for a long time. Even after my own awakening and reading about faith in the Ra material I couldn't understand what faith was. My only concept for the idea of faith was believing in something without evidence, which seemed to be silly and naive to me.

But when I contemplated the concept of compassion as it fits within the framework of a secular/materialist mindset, something clicked for me. What reason does a materialist have to act in a compassionate way? We exist in a society in which one can shut themselves off to compassion and do very well for themselves, adopting a complete hedonistic attitude despite any worry about the well-being of others. Viewing the world as a cold mechanism to be manipulated actually seems to be the natural conclusion if you take the material objectivist view - and that view is, by definition, the opposite of faith. To believe only in what we have solid and measurable evidence for is to remove all faith and emotion from one's life. But for some reason there are materialists who choose to approach the cold mechanism from a standpoint of compassion, and what evidence is there to compel this approach?

Secular humanists would certainly make some arguments about the necessity of compassion, but in my perception they are all based on an assumption that human life (or life in general) has a certain value that is worth honoring. That seems to me like a unique departure from the strict materialist mindset. I would argue that the simple assertion, even from the secular materialist's viewpoint, that human life (or just life) is valuable is a statement of faith. There is no evidence (as they would consider it) that life has value beyond just mechanical motions of the universe, and thus suffering or happiness are also just mechanical motions. Yet a secular humanist takes a stance of morality and ethics despite the lack of evidence of innate value in anything. They would scorn me for saying it but that, to me, is faith.

This extreme example of faith from the complete materialist view helped me realize what faith was within my own spiritual framework: choosing compassion despite any real evidence that it was it was a significant choice to make. Of course we have the Confederation's statements from what we believe to be a higher perspective that tells us that the compassionate choice is significant and does result in a sort of metaphysical progress. But if we act in compassion based only on the assumption that we'll get a metaphysical reward, is that really compassion? I would say no. I think the compassion Ra speaks of, the Choice of service to others, is the result of a fully acknowledging that we lack any real, tangible, solid reason to choose compassion - yet we do so anyways.

16.39:
Quote:Questioner: I am assuming it is not necessary for an individual to understand the Law of One to go from third to fourth density. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. It is absolutely necessary that an entity consciously realize it does not understand in order for it to be harvestable. Understanding is not of this density.

That is not to say that the choice can't be made within a spiritual framework in which such metaphysical consequences of choice are spelled out, but more of a statement about the relationship we have to such dogma. That is the value of the Law of Confusion and the veil, I think. The murky conditions of third density allow us to seek within our own hearts to establish our relationship to the rest of the universe instead of simply adopting an external ideology or framework of morality. Such ideologies can help that internal seeking, but it is ultimately a choice that we must make ourselves rather than a choice that is made for us through the framework.

This line of thinking has helped me grasp what faith ultimately meant to me: making compassionate choices for the sake of compassion and not simply for the sake of our souls. The self-sought and self-affirmed belief that, despite all outward appearances and evidence, the compassionate choice is a worthy choice.

I think this is ultimately what Ra was talking about in the poker analogy:

Quote:Questioner: Thank you. Can you expand on the concept which is this: that it is necessary for an entity to, during incarnation in the physical as we call it, become polarized or interact properly with other entities and why this isn’t possible in between incarnations when he is aware of what he wants to do, but why must he come into an incarnation and lose memory, conscious memory of what he wants to do and then act in a way that he hopes to act? Could you expand on that please?

Ra: I am Ra. Let us give the example of the man who sees all the poker hands. He then knows the game. It is but child’s play to gamble, for it is no risk. The other hands are known. The possibilities are known and the hand will be played correctly but with no interest.

In time/space and in the true-color green density, the hands of all are open to the eye. The thoughts, the feelings, the troubles, all these may be seen. There is no deception and no desire for deception. Thus much may be accomplished in harmony but the mind/body/spirit gains little polarity from this interaction.

Let us re-examine this metaphor and multiply it into the longest poker game you can imagine, a lifetime. The cards are love, dislike, limitation, unhappiness, pleasure, etc. They are dealt and re-dealt and re-dealt continuously. You may, during this incarnation begin — and we stress begin — to know your own cards. You may begin to find the love within you. You may begin to balance your pleasure, your limitations, etc. However, your only indication of other-selves’ cards is to look into the eyes.

You cannot remember your hand, their hands, perhaps even the rules of this game. This game can only be won by those who lose their cards in the melting influence of love; can only be won by those who lay their pleasures, their limitations, their all upon the table face up and say inwardly: “All, all of you players, each other-self, whatever your hand, I love you.” This is the game: to know, to accept, to forgive, to balance, and to open the self in love. This cannot be done without the forgetting, for it would carry no weight in the life of the mind/body/spirit beingness totality.
Just to toss in a quick remark, I view compassion as a matter of consciousness first, then of faith.  

I know various people (bleeding-heart, Bay Area liberals, we call them) who have no belief in any sort of after-life, yet who deeply espouse principles of compassion.  From my perspective, their 3d being has explored what green ray consciousness has to offer and, by standing strongly in what they know internally (absent much external support), they build their faith in that green ray stuff and further open their consciousness....bit by bit.