Bring4th

Full Version: inventing words!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think this practice expands one's creative potential. Throughout the day, I'll have short periods of saying invented words in my head, to practice spontaneous creation. The feeling and instinctual meaning of the word also allows you to sense your state of mind when your created it.

vellenkudate

fizzard                    

smoiasm                  

estroygga

vlortufly

limpittywimpitts

kalimpacollate

These are ones that are not too personal to me, but I'll often come across one that resonates more deeply, and I'll repeat it to try to discern the subconscious meaning. And of course a lot of them are funny sounding, and make you laugh. Or just strange and dissonant, but intriguing.

And you can change the rhythm, the inflection, etcetera, so that the meaning changes and evolves. Like the last one, kalimpacollate, it's a short little ditty, a rhythm and a song at once.

VLORTUFLY, I love it, vlortufly, it crimbles your tongue and sends a wavy edge of meaning into your mouth. those are great ones, when they are so variable in such a short span of time.

Actually it's also interesting to let your body wiggle and flop and rigidly dance around while you say the word. It helps you interpret what it means. It's like vocal yoga.
______
ahalubofiu

Heart Heart Heart
ohh sounds fun, I'll give a try:

florhama.

stingle.

vortat.

I think I'm summoning demons!

ninja edit: 'vortat' sounded like it could be a slavic word to me so I looked it up. it's actually german, a legal term, roughly translating to 'predicate offense;' i.e. a crime that is component to a larger offense.

bizarre.
(08-25-2016, 04:19 PM)Papercut Wrote: [ -> ]ahalubofiu

Heart  Heart  Heart

ahhhh i love that one!! sounds like "i love you" in an alien language
(08-25-2016, 03:54 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]http://completewellbeing.com/article/gib...l-blabber/

Gibberish meditation is a safe, liberating and hilarious way to get the toxins out of your mind

wowww that is EXACTLY The Sort of Article I Was Looking For. INSPIIIIRRRRREEEEEEDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOYYUUUUMMMMMOOOLLLUUUUUSSSSHHHUUUUUNNNNNARRRRRYYYYYYYYAAMMMMMBBBBBBBAAAAAWWWWUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMBBBOOOOOORRIRIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMBBBRRRRRRIIIIIIAAAANNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMPPPOOOOOOOOWWWWOOOOOMMMMMMBBBEBEEEEEEEEENNNNNNKKOOOORRRRRRIIINNNKLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
(08-25-2016, 03:54 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]http://completewellbeing.com/article/gib...l-blabber/

Gibberish meditation is a safe, liberating and hilarious way to get the toxins out of your mind

okay, so for the last HOUR I've been doing this, non stop, also on the piano, gibberish piano improvising, random chords, random noises, random motions, release the tension, but I have SO MUCH gentle wanderer, I feel like it's not going to stop for a long long time, and I have to go to work, I feel like I just opened up the tension I've been feeling all my LIFE, haha, I have constant noises coming out of me, moaning and groaning and rhythms and tensions and tensuous noises. When is the end of the tensions, there's SO MUCH TENSION in THIS WORLD, i feel like I'M ABSORBING ALL OF IT, or a lot, or more than most and i can't stop moving and motion and brain activity has skyrocketed since i began this exercise
and I probably can stop it, because i know this helped relieve a lot of it, but some part of me is worried that it will just bottle up the emotions once again, and then I will have another endless source of tension. I need to do this more often, I think is the key here. Okay. I'm settling down somewhat. It's been a straight HOUR OF NONSTOP gibberish, oh boy, am i grateful my parents are out today and my brother watches his videos. Oh boy I didn't realize how much tension I have, I could probably go for another hour or two if I didn't have work.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

why is this not standard practice for bipolar patients??? what the hell? prescribing medication before they even recommend gibberish meditation and exercise and silent meditation and yoga?? wow this world is messed up we are blessed to be here helping it, this is some serious disharmony im experiencing firsthand.
Is not gibberish meditation like literally the bible's talking in tongues? Talking in tongues is like praying with your unconscious through "gibberish".
im actually at work as of now, and boy, have you expanded my lungs, haha, truly, thank you
There's also the gift of interpretation, so that'd be like if you did gibberish medition out loud and someone hears you and translates what your gibberish says.
(08-25-2016, 05:41 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]There's also the gift of interpretation, so that'd be like if you did gibberish medition out loud and someone hears you and translates what your gibberish says.

great idea! is there a video chat function here on bring4th??? we could hold a gibberish meditation session. we could do all of us at once for 5-10 minutes, then go around and have each person do an individual gibberish session for 5 minutes, then the others could laugh and love the individual and interpret the tensious sounds and motions
(08-25-2016, 05:37 PM)Papercut Wrote: [ -> ]im actually at work as of now, and boy, have you expanded my lungs, haha, truly, thank you

are you doing gibberish meditation at work??! haha!!
(08-25-2016, 04:24 PM)outerheaven Wrote: [ -> ]ohh sounds fun, I'll give a try:

florhama.

stingle.

vortat.

I think I'm summoning demons!

ninja edit: 'vortat' sounded like it could be a slavic word to me so I looked it up. it's actually german, a legal term, roughly translating to 'predicate offense;' i.e. a crime that is component to a larger offense.

bizarre.

My vortat itches.

okay i'm sorry if this seems like i'm derailing the thread, but in the creation of words i was first fascinated by the original letters all coming from the flower of life.

Please note what happens when they say AAAHHH and the sand turns into a STAR.   The star has been used historically in the occult as the symbol for magic. so AAHHMEN does that mean star man? or magic man?

My personal research has shown to me that the invention of words originally came from this sacred knowledge; the knowledge of each quality of each sound complex and it's resulting manifestation.

Please forgive me if I've derailed.
[Image: chatter_teeth_md_wm.gif]

[Image: keep-calm-and-jibber-jabber-2.png]

[Image: mrtcnn.jpg]

Ba-bom-bom
Cow cow hoo-oo
Cow cow wanna dib-a-doo
Chicken hon-a-chick-a-chick hole-a-hubba
Hey fried chuck-a-lucka wanna jubba
Hi-low nay wanna dubba hubba
Day down sum wanna jigga-wah
Dell rown ay wanna lubba hubba
Mull an' a mound chicka lubba hubba
Fay down ah wanna dippa-zippa-dippa
Mm-mmn, do that again!
Doh doh doh bom

Cow cow lubba 'n a blubba lubba
How rown hibb'n 'n a hibba-lu
How low lubbin 'n a blubba-lubba
Hey ride ricky ticky hubba lubba
Dull ow de moun' chicky hubba lubba
Went down trucka lucka wanna do-uh
How low a zippin 'n a hubba-lu
Hey ride ricky ticky blubba-lu
How low duh woody woody pecker pecker

Mm-hmm, did you ever hear
Of a wish sandwich?
Well it's the kind of a sandwich
That you supposed to take
Two pieces of bread
And wish you had some meat
Doh doh doh bom

Hey ride hibbin' and zippin 'n
How luvva mail take a lubba hubba
Hey ride wanna take a recca recca
How low take a lubba hubba
Hey ride wanna 'n suppa suppa
How low a mail take a lubba hubba
Hey ride a hippin' and a hubbin' no
High low 'n sum a chicka wha

Mm-hmm, the other day
I ate a ricochet biscuit
Well it's the kind of a biscuit
That's supposed to
Bounce off the wall
Back in your mouth
If it don't bounce back
Umm-mmhh-mmhh
You go hungry
Doh doh doh bom

Hey low a sum did a lubba goin'
Hey ride wanna take a-lubba do
How long long suppa dubba
Hey ride wanna take a lubba hubba
Hey down nothin' take a luvva do
Hey ride a sippin' and a hubba dubba

Mmm, the other day
I ate a cold water sandwich
And a Sunday-go-to-meeting bun
Doh doh bom
Cow cow lubba 'n a-blubba lubba
Hey ride ricky ticky hubba lubba
How low a wanna suppa do
Hey ride sippin' and hubba lubba
Hey ride a-hubbin' and wan' do
Hey ride a wanna an' recca recca
How low a mail take lubba hubba
Hey down a wanna suppa dubba
Please ride a hubbin' gonna do

Mmm, what you want for nothin' --
A r-r-rubber biscuit?
Doh doh doh bom
Cow cow ooooooooh

Dead Can Dance vocalist Lisa Gerrard sings in a Sumari-like private language:
“I sing in the language of the Heart,” begins Gerrard. “It’s an invented language that I’ve had for a very long time. I believe I started singing in it when I was about twelve. Roughly that time. And I believed that I was speaking to God when I sang in that language."
http://www.filmtracks.com/comments/title...i?read=854

[Image: 72983366_136159671067.jpg]

"Thought-Bird Song" -- a Sumari poem by Jane Roberts:

We come from the nest
Of yesterday and tomorrow.
God bless our journey....
We are your thoughts winging
Out of the nest of the birth-cage
Into summer and winter.
We perch on the branches
Of the minutes and seconds.
Our song is your heartbeat.

http://www.paulhelfrich.com/essays/thought-bird-song/
http://blueflash.cc/wiki/index.php?sumari

[Image: winged-Sun-Disk.jpg]
Cheers! Cool
Oorfamiomi (oor-fah-me-oh-me)
My favorite spiritual teacher Georges Gurdjieff invented words for his great work "All and Everything". He felt that many of our common words had become distorted. Words like "love", for example can be used to describe one's affinity for something, as in "I love ice team". In many cases he found that no word existed in our present day to denote important conpets such as the sacred laws of the universe.
Trimazikamno: The sacred law of threefoldness, and the basis of action.
Heptaparaparshinokh: The sacred law of sevenfoldness, and the basis of process.
Aieioioua: Remorse of conscience, sometimes aroused within humans during what is called:
Solioonensius: A cyclical period of planetary tensions and unusual solar activity.
Okidanokh: The source of cosmic phenomena, through which the sacred laws operate.
1. Sisotowbell:
An acronymic word which the then-early-twenty-something Sumari Wanderer Siquomb (now popularly-known terrestrially as Joni Mitchell [née Roberta Joan Anderson, 1943]) invented in 1966/67. As she would explain in a radio interview in  March 1967, she was writing a mythology in which the names of its various members derived from acronyms based on descriptive phrases. There were, for instance, a race of miniature women, the Posall ("Perhaps Our Souls Are Little Ladies"), and men, the Mosalm ("Maybe Our Souls Are Little Men"). Siquomb was the queen of the mythology, her name meaning "She Is Queen, undisputedly, Of Mind Beauty." Sisotowbell stood for "Somehow, In Spite Of Troubles, Ours Will Be Ever-Lasting Love". 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7...hick-corea

[Image: 153.jpg]  "Kid" Robby-Jo, quickest draw in Maidstone, Saskatchewan, ca. 1950; future acronymical mythologist

2. It don't make you half-think:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/16-de...jtm8wwVArZ  All well and good, several nice demonstrations of how the folk-culture psycholinguistic process works, etc., but then -- way down at the bottom, a profound truth is referred to, in a comment offered by one Izabella Potter:
"First thing I thought when I saw this list: 'You do know ALL words are made up, right?' But, yeah, I get it."
This is the sort of world-stoppingly radical semantic realization that aspiring mystics achieve as epiphany, aiding them in their quest to escape from the shackles of their time/place-accidental psycholinguistic conditioning (the iron-clad pattern of which limits their very thought-schematic paradigm of possible realities).

3. Random useful word of the day:

[Image: wolfeyes.gif]

[Image: 8.gif]

4. Utterance of the Ra Meets Dada Word-Blender
"I am Ra. I have not spoken through this instrument before. We had to wait until she was precisely tuned, as we send a narrow-band vibration. We greet you in the light and love of our Infinite Creator. We have been called to your group because you have a need for a more advanced approach to what you call, seeking the truth. We hope to offer you a somewhat different slant upon the information which is always and ever the same." (Ra's first statement, ca. 1981)

Fed into Dada Poetry Generator http://www.poemofquotes.com/tools/dada.php :

as to your to somewhat
I this instrument send need which same.
until vibration. hope the always
I a greet Infinite been your advanced
through we to you is
precisely We love because more information always

... from which I edit this potent minimalistic utterance:

I this instrument send
I Infinite
through we to you is
precisely We love because more information always

That last sentence is quite beautifully put, and makes all kinds of sense to me.

5. THE Word:

[Image: aton%20(1).jpg]  Cool
.... ....
.... ....
(10-19-2016, 04:09 AM)SMC Wrote: [ -> ].... ....  [twice, no less]

Huh 
Holy mackerel, SMC, those must be some pret-ty... goddamn... bad... words!! you made up. [*shivers*] And here I was afraid to mention my version of "Semprini"!    Confused
This may only be somewhat related, but I took a psychedelic compound about 6 months ago and during the experience my mind stumbled upon a phrase which has no conscious meaning to me, yet which sends chills through my body every time I remember it and repeat it. It's almost german but I can't seem to find a translation, probably because I can't spell it right.

Phrase: "Immer velchiuss ein groat." The last syllable is particularly moving, the R is somewhat rolling and the "OH" sound is deep and throaty.

The image I seem to associate with the phrase is that of a homeless vagrant endowed with mystical abilities, devious and filthy, wondering through what seems like cold and muddy lands.

I know it means something to someone out there in creation, but what and to who?

Edit: For those who care, I just did another research and it translates to something like "Always/Ever velchius a coin/grain." The final word, velchius, seems to be without any meaning. The only thing I could find was, curiously, an old freemasonry book which mentions the word only once, in capitalised form, amidst a discussion of agate gemstones: "Thus, on one side of one in the possession of Velchius was a half moon, and on the other a star."
Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.
Mushtafried - how you you feel after a long hard night of trippin in the woods. Where your body feels like mush and your brain is fried or very well could be vice versa lol

We came up with that in 10th or 11th grade lol
(04-04-2017, 05:30 AM)MangusKhan Wrote: [ -> ]Phrase: "Immer velchiuss ein groat." The last syllable is particularly moving, the R is somewhat rolling and the "OH"  sound is deep and throaty.

Quite interesting!
Do you speak german?

It doesnt make too much sense to me, sounds as if some word(s) were missing.
It sounds more like a german dialect, "groat' could as well be the bavarian version of "kraut" which could be anything from sauerkraut to any kinds of herbes (a herb is also a kraut, weed for example,hehe).
"velchius' could also be 'welches' , that would mean "which" as in "which side" and would be pronounced similar.

hmm, but still doesnt make sense to me...
Baumph.

I imagine it means something adorable or cute in an unusual way.

"That person sure is looking baumph today."

(Baumph or Baumf might be a word in another language, not sure.)
(04-04-2017, 12:59 PM)Agua del Cielo Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2017, 05:30 AM)MangusKhan Wrote: [ -> ]Phrase: "Immer velchiuss ein groat." The last syllable is particularly moving, the R is somewhat rolling and the "OH"  sound is deep and throaty.

Quite interesting!
Do you speak german?

It doesnt make too much sense to me, sounds as if some word(s) were missing.
It sounds more like a german dialect, "groat' could as well be the bavarian version of "kraut" which could be anything from sauerkraut to any kinds of herbes (a herb is also a kraut, weed for example,hehe).
"velchius' could also be 'welches' , that would mean "which" as in "which side" and would be pronounced similar.

hmm, but still doesnt make sense to me...

I know the tiniest bit of German, and have always loved the relatively harsh and gutteral feeling of the language, compared to its softer, latin-based neighbours. It may very well be that I haven't remember the phrase correctly, being from a dream-like state. That doesn't detract from the seeming power of the phrase. Thanks for sharing some alternate viewpoints on the matter. I haven't ruled out that it could be old-english, which is quite similar to german in many ways. I also haven't ruled out that it's just random sounds compiled by my subconscious and then associated with a powerful experience.
Mysteries of life, man.

I'm too new to this forum to work out how to quote multiple posts, but I can relate too much to Jeremy's word and the way he derived it. Me and my crew of potgoblins would make similar words and bond over our unique lingo. Highschool was a blast.
have you thought about any northern languages like swedish/finnish/norwegian/russian/slovak/ or celtic/germanic language?
(04-04-2017, 10:02 PM)Night Owl Wrote: [ -> ]have you thought about any northern languages like swedish/finnish/norwegian/russian/slovak/ or celtic/germanic language?

I have, but was really hoping it would fall neatly into a language I was at least somewhat familiar with and which used (basically) the unaltered roman alphabet. We start including all these other languages and I may as well give up on ever understanding what it means.

Agua del Cielo, I am honoured to be your 343rd liked post. That is a great number.
Blarf - The meaningless noise emanating from people who don't know and cannot learn to listen.
Pages: 1 2