Bring4th

Full Version: ______
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
______
This seems to be a confused question. The Higher Self is still the Self so there is nothing 'installed' as such but choices are made. It may not be a matter of karma, it might also just be a learning mechanism or part of the overall design of the life.
I do recall there was one or two points where Seth was able to actively change Jane Roberts' perceptions, putting a limiter on certain things, in 'real-time'. So I think it more has to be understood that the Higher Self isn't 'something else' but is actually a highly sophisticated thought-form you have created out of yourself as an entity, prior to ever incarnating. It's like making a 'saved game' and every life is a New Game+ where you start over but get to keep all the base stuff from your other saves. The Higher Self is an image in the form of all you as an entity have experienced and so is a reservoir of your own identity.
In some sense karma is always involved because it conditions what you desire to experience, but karma doesn't always involve other people, so you could conceivably install a limitation on yourself just for the sake of a desired experience or avenue of development.  

Karma is essentially just distortion seeking undistortion (equilibrium). Since all indviduations are manifestations of distortion from undistorted unity, all actions taken from that perspective are some manifestation of that karma working itself out. Sometimes those actions result in more distortion (more karma), which then must be balanced through yet more experience of a reciprocal nature, but there are many different ways or types of experience that will smooth or cancel out the ripples created.

For example, you might have preincarnatively decided you will not take life in war in this lifetime, thus, events would fall in a protective manner and stop you from getting involved if it ever came push to shove.
pre incarnational programming could be what you are referring to. though i imagine on some level you agree to the limitation or blockage in conjunction with the higher self prior to incarnation. I find the below example interesting due to it showing an if/then scenario rather than absolutely imposing a limitation.

Quote:35.3 Questioner: Secondly, did Franklin (Rossevelt) place the limitation on his physical body himself?

Ra: I am Ra. This is partially correct. The basic guidelines for the lessons and purposes of incarnation had been carefully set forth before incarnation by the mind/body/spirit complex totality. If the one known as Franklin had avoided the excessive enjoyment of or attachment to the competitiveness which may be seen to be inherent in the processes of its occupation, this entity would not have had the limitation.

However, the desire to serve and to grow was strong in this programming and when the opportunities began to cease due to these distortions towards love of power the entity’s limiting factor was activated.

Category: People: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt