Bring4th

Full Version: Handling Fears
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are all fears internal to the person, or do we pick up some fears from others? Even subconscious ones.

I want to start facing my fears. I think that's part of the process toward enlightenment.

And not to care what other people think.

I think I failed today, because I was driving and hit a big pothole, and said "f-ing truck" because it forced me to the side of the road where the pothole was.

The frustration didn't last that long though.

Is the best way to handle fears is to "thank the subconscious" for showing you part of yourself?

Is there nothing we experience that is from outside of our Universe?

There is nothing to discover but more of yourself.
In all, do we just "tough" our way through fears when they come up?

Or what's a good foundation in which to process fears?

Fear has been a major part of my journey. Sometimes it feels like I have a demon attached to me.
fear is a great tool to explore oneself, once it is embraced and accepted as an illusion within. so in a sense, fear makes no sense
one good example will be fear of being alone in the dark, what are you afraid of, your self? perhaps.
(08-31-2016, 07:03 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]In all, do we just "tough" our way through fears when they come up?

Or what's a good foundation in which to process fears?

Fear has been a major part of my journey. Sometimes it feels like I have a demon attached to me.

More than "toughing" your way through, you gotta seek to know why they're there and distill whether they are justified or not. Find their opposite charge when you feel them, a fear-less state of being free from these shackles. Let go and release them with your breath as you work the feeling of fear you experience. Breath it all out.

About the demon part. I had many occasions on higher spiritual states where I would start feeling fear out of nowhere. Never lasted long because it makes me scan my surroundings and usually I feel a presence and get interested in it which makes fear go away instantly. The entity or entities never sticked around in my case, I'd question them with a certain genuine interest. I think it's either to prevent something in meditation or your train of thought, or whatever reason. Here you can tell yourself both you and that entity share something that allow this link to happen, most probably something both of you need to learn to love within yourselves.

Anyway, the best thing to do with fear (or any other thing) is to work with it, to not let yourself be controlled by it.
My fears are usually irrational. Something unconscious triggers it within me. It mentally tugs at me, so my brain begins to lose full touch with reality.

Like I've seen what looked like ghosts, which just made me scared.

I was able to talk myself down from an experience of being dragged to hell. I just kept reminding myself that I create my reality.
have faith, fear is doubt, are you doubting your self? why, will someone get you? probably not, and even if so(not), that which is eternal cannot die, everything is as it should, you know this better than anyone, Gemini:')
I'm taking a self-empowerment and enlightenment course, but have yet to face my fears recently.

I don't doubt myself, because I am the Creator. I just want to make my fears conscious, rather then subconscious.
(08-31-2016, 10:33 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm taking a self-empowerment and enlightenment course, but have yet to face my fears recently.

I don't doubt myself, because I am the Creator. I just want to make my fears conscious, rather then subconscious.

Fear is the amnesia shadow of negative wisdom cast through incarnation into 3rd density. It's like a long and drawn out trauma that fragments consciousness and provides a myriad of choices and possible outcomes along our paths. As one sees the Creator at work and understands the concept of Polarity, the fear dissolves and the personal Universe fills with light.
I chose to seek the wisdom of the "true light-bringer".

Quote:Let us illustrate by observing the relative harmony and unchanging quality of existence in one of your, as you call it, primitive tribes. The entities have the concepts of lawful and taboo, but the law is inexorable and all events occur as predestined. There is no concept of right and wrong, good or bad. It is a culture in monochrome. In this context you may see the one you call Lucifer as the true light-bringer in that the knowledge of good and evil both precipitated the mind/body/spirits of this Logos from the Edenic conditions of constant contentment but also provided the impetus to move, to work and to learn.
Fears are always irrational. It's important you notice irrationality when it comes up. In any case I think there's not much to do except practice. Practice with smaller fears that you can face multiple times until you grasp the concept when it's happening so you you can then challenge bigger fears. You may have to remind you that you are in control at each frame of time. Even in fearful moments you are still the one choosing this experience, you are trying to show you something. You can decide at all times that being the one in control, you have the opportunity to either let yourself be submerged by emotions or you can try and be pragmatic and logical, take a step back from experiencing and get in touch with the part of you in control. I suppose being too irrational and emotional has to do with which side of your brain is dominant. There is balance to be found between both. The left side is more rational, logical and analytic. The right side is more emotional, intuitive and subconsciously driven. I suggest balancing them so that they get in harmony. The right side is also the one which control spatial perception which may be why you feel you are losing touch with reality because fear will distort perceptions of this hemisphere. Maybe practice being logical and rational when not in fear so that you may find it easier to use this part of your brain when in fear. It seems this demon you are feeling likes to shutdown your left side thinking, don't let anyone but you decide how your mind reacts to catalysts.
________
______
I'd add that fear can build up when you keep it to yourself. If you make yourself a duty to express every fears out in the open as soon as they come up to whoever you think is appropriate everyone else can help you deal with this energy that they do not struggle with themselves. The fear of fear and the fear of being judged upon those fears are the ones that holds most of the power over an irrational mind. By reducing the exclusivity this fear has on you, you can significantly reduce it's power over you.

edit: this article popped up literally a few seconds after I read the thread so there might be something for you in there: http://www.collective-evolution.com/2016...ous-fears/
(08-31-2016, 06:54 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Are all fears internal to the person, or do we pick up some fears from others? Even subconscious ones.

Children often absorb fears/beliefs/thoughts from their parents and other people around them. Since physical/tangible space is just a translation of vibrational space, those you share physical proximity with you also generally share vibrational proximity with as well. That's a fancy way of saying: "birds of a feather flock together." Even if we aren't aware of it, there is a vibrational dialog going on with all elements of consciousness in our vibrational vicinity. We often think we are different from everyone around us, but we share more similarities than differences, else we wouldn't even be in the same space/and or reality together.

(08-31-2016, 06:54 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Is the best way to handle fears is to "thank the subconscious" for showing you part of yourself?

To my understanding, the subconscious doesn't really work that way. Fear results from non-acceptance of something. The best way to de-fang it is to figure out what it is you aren't accepting.

A lot of people are operating under the false impression that they have stuff buried subconsciously, out of reach. But it doesn't actually work that way. We have access to it, we just look through it, ignoring it, out of habit. It is like looking through a pair of sunglasses. You are looking through the lens, which is coloring your perception, and when your attention isn't on the reality of the lens we call it 'subconscious'. It just requires attention on the lens to see what we are hiding from ourselves.

A lot of the time a fear is just a negative association with some stimulus or another. You experience (a), and it happens with (b), an aversive experience, and you associate them together forever more. In those circumstances, it is just a matter of changing the association, or programming, which means to expose yourself to the stimulus (it can even just be 'mental exposure' i.e. cognitive behavioral therapy), but pair it with some kind of positive reinforcement. Hypnosis can be helpful as well, for people capable of entering deep trances. Deep trances allow consciousness structures to change. Sometimes there actually is no aversive stimulus, and it is merely an expectation of such.

(08-31-2016, 06:54 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Is there nothing we experience that is from outside of our Universe?

If there was, what categorical difference would it make in your mind?
brilliant anagogy, you made me calm just by reading,
Also, fears are mostly red ray distortions or at least lower ray distortions. Focus your attention on anything related to your survival needs, something that could threaten your will to exist, your perception of yourself and of others and the ideas that you entertain about your social presence, connections and relationships. When you find a thought that stimulates such distortions, slowly use the breathing motion from the heart center to release the energy out. Keep each breath as deep as possible. Always start your seeking from a positive perspective of willingness and curiosity toward change and improvement of yourself and not from fears. Once the energy is undistorted balance the negative thoughts with opposite charge positive thoughts. The vibration coming from heart center being higher will undistort lower rays once there is no resistance to it. Since your heart center seems quite strong I believe you would get good results.
With my schizophrenia, when it's active, fears become all-encompassing. I might have the thought that I am violating other's free will, and be terrified at that prospect.

I'll try sending love to the fear. Maybe that will shine light on it.
______
(09-01-2016, 03:25 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]With my schizophrenia, when it's active, fears become all-encompassing. I might have the thought that I am violating other's free will, and be terrified at that prospect.

I'll try sending love to the fear. Maybe that will shine light on it.

Schizophrenia is essentially 'reality confusion'. Dreaming at night could also be called 'reality confusion'. When dreams are happy, we call them fantasies, when they fearful, we call them nightmares.

So schizophrenia, much like an acid trip, is like dreaming while still in the body. What's happening is your entering a state where your imagination is given uninhibited rein. I sometimes wonder if a person managed to attain mastery over their dream states, that it would also translate over to their waking dreamstates (such as schizophrenia). It would really interesting if achieving a high degree of ability in lucid dreaming, would allow some individuals suffering from schizophrenia to hold onto their ordinary mind, whilst in the midst of the alternate reality.

I've long suspected that this is what the shaman learns to do. Embracing the images that you fear in a sincere way -- in a 'i want to understand you' sort of way is a good first step towards dispelling your fears.
If schizophrenia was just visual, I'd find it rather neat. But it has a strong mental/emotional pull too.
I'd like to be able to tell the difference between reality and my imagination during that.
(09-01-2016, 04:01 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also convinced that this method of changing association works. Hypnosis and NLP too. I'm interested to know your point of view of let's say someone who is cured of a fear he had after going to a hypnotherapist or NLP practitionner. My take on it is that the catalyst wasn't accepted nor loved or understood, and even if the fear is gone, no positive polarisation has been gained. Imo the method of the spiritual aspirant is to know the thought or imagery that is causing fear, to accept it, love it and balance it with its opposite; Do you agree ?  

I think it nets more spiritual insight and illumination to balance an association consciously, but I think in certain cases the catalyst is without great import and in those cases the deep trance route is perfectly fine. It is like psychic surgery in that sense. What Ra said about psychic surgery would also apply to hypnosis in my opinion:

"There are times when the malcondition to be altered is without emotional, mental, or spiritual interest to the entity and is merely that which has, perhaps by chance genetic arrangement, occurred. In these cases that which is apparently dematerialized will remain dematerialized and may be observed as so by any observer. The malcondition which has an emotional, mental, or spiritual charge is likely not to remain dematerialized in the sense of the showing of the objective referent to an observer. However, if the opportunity has been taken by the seeker the apparent malcondition of the physical complex will be at variance with the actual health, as you call this distortion, of the seeker and the lack of experiencing the distortions which the objective referent would suggest still held sway."
I feel you Gemini, I have lots of fear as well and they do have quite a large influence on my life.  It is so disheartening and frustrating knowing that they keep me from discovering the fulfillment and beauty I desire.  I think my biggest fear must be the fear that I will never conquer my fears and will remain stuck running around in circles forever and ever.  It induces a real sense of panic in me, and makes me just want to hide and sleep.  I feel like I have been repeating the same mistakes ad infinitum, despite knowing the consequences.  I think that what Night Owl said about expressing your fears is good advice and will probably go a long way in healing them.  If only I could do that.  
(09-01-2016, 11:46 PM)Billy Wrote: [ -> ]I feel you Gemini, I have lots of fear as well and they do have quite a large influence on my life.  It is so disheartening and frustrating knowing that they keep me from discovering the fulfillment and beauty I desire.  I think my biggest fear must be the fear that I will never conquer my fears and will remain stuck running around in circles forever and ever.  It induces a real sense of panic in me, and makes me just want to hide and sleep.  I feel like I have been repeating the same mistakes ad infinitum, despite knowing the consequences.  I think that what Night Owl said about expressing your fears is good advice and will probably go a long way in healing them.  If only I could do that.  

mind if i ask how often do you meditate, Billy?
(09-02-2016, 12:08 AM)Papercut Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2016, 11:46 PM)Billy Wrote: [ -> ]I feel you Gemini, I have lots of fear as well and they do have quite a large influence on my life.  It is so disheartening and frustrating knowing that they keep me from discovering the fulfillment and beauty I desire.  I think my biggest fear must be the fear that I will never conquer my fears and will remain stuck running around in circles forever and ever.  It induces a real sense of panic in me, and makes me just want to hide and sleep.  I feel like I have been repeating the same mistakes ad infinitum, despite knowing the consequences.  I think that what Night Owl said about expressing your fears is good advice and will probably go a long way in healing them.  If only I could do that.  

mind if i ask how often do you meditate, Billy?

Not very, although I have been trying to meditate daily as of late.  It has been hit or miss.  I used to meditate daily and I was quite proficient at it.  I would meditate in the morning and night, usually without fail, but I couldn't maintain it.  I was expecting results from it (i.e. new insights, new perspectives, a new way of being basically) and when it 'seemed' that those things weren't occurring, I gave it up.  I also tend to get stuck on the 'best' way of meditating but I know there is no such thing and it is the intention that counts.
you need to meditate daily with no expectations whatsoever during/after the meditations, the result will manifest subconsciously, taming your thoughts in the mind is one of the few important things we can do in this mind/body/spirit incarnation, at least.. this is what I tell my self, ॐ .
_______
My fears aren't phobias though. It's like when I fantasize, I fear I am violating the free will of characters within me.
When I imagined I was climbing the densities, I was fearful. When I peeked in the previous Octave I was really fearful.
When I got room #911 at the mental hospital, I was fearful.
When they were showing Halloween shows at the mental hospital I was fearful.
I've had dreams where I look at a blank white billboard and I am overcome with fear.
I sometimes have a fear of movie theater screens that are blank.
I sometimes have a fear of tv screens that are off.
In dreams I am afraid of closets, especially if dark.
(09-02-2016, 06:04 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]My fears aren't phobias though. It's like when I fantasize, I fear I am violating the free will of characters within me.
When I imagined I was climbing the densities, I was fearful. When I peeked in the previous Octave I was really fearful.
When I got room #911 at the mental hospital, I was fearful.
When they were showing Halloween shows at the mental hospital I was fearful.
I've had dreams where I look at a blank white billboard and I am overcome with fear.
I sometimes have a fear of movie theater screens that are blank.
I sometimes have a fear of tv screens that are off.
In dreams I am afraid of closets, especially if dark.

Whenever you feel fear it is not the thing you are looking at that is generating the emotion, it is the thoughts you are thinking about it that are manifesting it.

Fear and anxiety are virtually always a thought about a potential detrimental consequence.

I often do an exercise where I take a scenario that generates fear in me and I replay it but this time I deliberately control the outcome and I make it turn out positive. And then I do it again. And again. And again. And again until my natural inclination is to expect a positive outcome. And I know when I've succeeded because the knot in my stomach goes away and I feel free and at peace about it. I feel a visceral sense of relief.

An object in motion will stay in motion unless an outside force acts on it. Use your creative power. Be that force. Redirect your thoughts into a different trajectory.

You can train yourself to expect the worst, or you can train yourself to expect the best. It just takes practice.
_________
_______
(09-03-2016, 04:06 AM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, fears and phobias (which is a kind of intense fear causing strong body reactions) are caused by thoughts about detrimental outcomes. The question i have is : are thoughts only words we are saying in our minds or are the mental images and scenery also toughts ? I think it's both now.

A thought, or cognitive object, is simply the shape of your attention at any given time. Whatever you are aware of is a thought in your mind. It could be a word, an image, a nebulous concept, an emotion, or anything you could possibly imagine.
Pages: 1 2