Bring4th

Full Version: The more aware of unity, the more we are alone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I guess I've been seeing this a while but just reading the Q'uo January 2, 2016 transcript it makes me see why I struggle to find people that seek beyond the surface experience.

Everyone wants to sleep and distract themselves so the more focused one is on things beyond the material the more isolated that beings experience.

At least that is what I am finding. You guys here are great but in real life I'm around tons of people everyday and they all seem so focused on the transient. I can get them to open briefly but then it's back to the material.
They can be great too for fun but I crave depth in relationships.
do you guys find others like yourself? In person?
If so where?
I'm fine with online spiritual teachers. It is said there is only room for 2 at the top, and the other is Truth.
(09-03-2016, 08:00 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I've been seeing this a while but just reading the Q'uo January 2, 2016 transcript it makes me see why I struggle to find people that seek beyond the surface experience.

Everyone wants to sleep and distract themselves so the more focused one is on things beyond the material the more isolated that beings experience.

At least that is what I am finding. You guys here are great but in real life I'm around tons of people everyday and they all seem so focused on the transient. I can get them to open briefly but then it's back to the material.
If so where?

yeah i dont know anybody who seeks. it's very lonely. but i think that's the point. if we feel severely lonely, it's because we are strong enough to experience severe loneliness, and we have something to learn from it.

i have this recurring pattern in my life where i feel crushing loneliness and despair and really deep feelings of isolation, and then in the middle of this, someone around me will be experiencing some problem that I have already transcended, and it's like there's a spark of joy that leaps in the midst of the vast loneliness, because now i get the chance to help the other-self through what is, to me, an easily solvable problem. then, after doing this, i get the sense that i am in their same position relative to some other, more-evolved entity. it puts my sadness into another perspective, so that i can more deeply empathize with the other-self who feels that his problem is so difficult and immovable. because I feel that way about MY problem! so truly, helping others relieves my own pain.
(09-03-2016, 08:30 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2016, 08:00 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I've been seeing this a while but just reading the Q'uo January 2, 2016 transcript it makes me see why I struggle to find people that seek beyond the surface experience.

If so where?

yeah i dont know anybody who seeks. it's very lonely. but i think that's the point. if we feel severely lonely, it's because we are strong enough to experience severe loneliness, and we have something to learn from it.

i have this recurring pattern in my life where i feel crushing loneliness and despair and really deep feelings of isolation, and then in the middle of this, someone around me will be experiencing some problem that I have already transcended, and it's like there's a spark of joy that leaps in the midst of the vast loneliness, because now i get the chance to help the other-self through what is, to me, an easily solvable problem. then, after doing this, i get the sense that i am in their same position relative to some other, more-evolved entity. it puts my sadness into another perspective, so that i can more deeply empathize with the other-self who feels that his problem is so difficult and immovable. because I feel that way about MY problem! so truly, helping others relieves my own pain.
Omg I can relate to this. Thank you for putting it in words.
I see the pattern now. ((Hug))
In my dreams I am often very lonely, and lost.
(09-03-2016, 08:16 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm fine with online spiritual teachers. It is said there is only room for 2 at the top, and the other is Truth.

I'm really talking about peers not teachers.
But we at least have each other here.
(09-03-2016, 08:37 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]In my dreams I am often very lonely, and lost.

(hug) life is but a dream right?
(09-03-2016, 08:40 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2016, 08:37 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]In my dreams I am often very lonely, and lost.

(hug) life is but a dream right?

I don't know what is more real, the dream life, or the real life.

They probably are both illusions.

I'm definitely more emotionally sensitive in dreams.
I think everyone are essentially lonely, although because of their focus on illusory transient things it appears as if they are connected(i.e. parties, clubs), but none actually knows them for what they truly are, and that is what we seek, an honest opening of the heart to the other-self with no conditions/expectations. I have had a couple of friends who were seeking with me at the start of the journey but they stopped midway and I quote. "I feel I'm becoming isolated from the herd which must mean this is not a good path."
Glow, I feel the same way. I have one friend who I can talk to about deeper issues. She is not a spiritual seeker, but she is quite obviously (at least in my eyes) an advanced soul. We went to high school together but it wasn't until after HS that we began talking, and it wasn't until a few months ago that we opened up more and began to explore ideas and principles that the sleeping world ignores.

What I find amazing is that we are both coming from different points of view, but we reach the same conclusions and understandings through our individual thought processes. We are both student/teacher and teacher/student to each other! Ive learned a lot, and I have no doubt, we were meant to come together at this time, because we are both seeking greater understanding.

But I have to agree with you Glow, I've found the same thing: people don't want Truth, people are happy with the surface appearances. The couple times I've tried presenting a larger perspective to my friends, I've been met with great resistance. even with my friends who are spiritual, they have not yet passed through certain gates of initiation... My point of view has hanged and expanded through the years, and others have not moved on yet. So it does feel isolating.
some of the time I may become exited about what I'm learning but then I realize I have no one to share it with...

Even this is a learning experience! Keep walking, brother. Those whom we are meant to meet we shall meet Smile
(09-04-2016, 03:42 AM)Papercut Wrote: [ -> ]I think everyone are essentially lonely, although because of their focus on illusory transient things it appears as if they are connected(i.e. parties, clubs), but none actually knows them for what they truly are, and that is what we seek, an honest opening of the heart to the other-self with no conditions/expectations. I have had a couple of friends who were seeking with me at the start of the journey but they stopped midway and I quote. "I feel I'm becoming isolated from the herd which must mean this is not a good path."
This hits the nail on the head actually! People are afraid of losing the safety, comfort, and approval of the group.

To be misunderstood is acceptable. That quote from Q'uo resonated with me. You don't have to understand me, and I don't have to understand you. But we can love each other regardless.
I think I mirror everyone else's experiences. Attempts to share spirituality have been met by severe resistance. Most of my real life acquaintances find the thought of any kind of spirituality revolting and are self avowed atheists. I think religion has left a bad taste in most people's mouths, and they come to believe all spirituality is pushy and dogmatic, so I mostly keep my thoughts about universal oneness to myself and under only rare occasions when I see an opening do I attempt to share these understandings. I find a lot of people are just scared to leave the group approval of materialist scientism. It takes courage to forge your own path, to listen to your heart, and follow the yellow brick road of personal intuition and initiation. It's a journey, and many people haven't even set out from point (A) yet.

For those who want to sleep, it is usually best to let them sleep as rude awakenings would not serve anyone. They must open their eyes on their own, and then they may begin to see and interact with the Real World.
I have found very hard resistance, so I have stopped going about speaking of spirituality openly. I now work on balancing myself, and radiating energy to the world. Of an entity questions me directly with no motion from me towards spirituality, I will then enter a spiritual discussion. I have hurt others, and myself by speakin
g so openly about things contained within the Law of One. I however, am very lucky in that my wife is a spiritualist, and we can discuss such things together. Funny thing is that she will agree with a great portion of Ra, but can't stand how he words things. Lol so its a great time to mesh up ideas, and see things differently.
To want to wake others is a bit like wanting to learn/teach in their stead, you see what they could know better and desire them to experience the same learnings you have found.

I think we pre-incarnatively plan joint-seeking and teaching/learning, like there's a gravity with parameters that makes it likely to occur somewhen in a given period of time. B4th is probably such a place where you meet some who are there to teach you something and others to whom you teach something. We are really just delayed in time so some wait for others at junctions of seeking, First we learn the things we need to learn to provide the services we unconsciously require ourselves to offer, we somewhat unawarely become the aligned actor of our fated role.

In 3D it really is often just a matter of being ready either for yourself or someone else. Some do get "lost" from their intended path.
(09-03-2016, 08:00 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]do you guys find others like yourself? In person?
If so where?

never in person.

[Image: fcd567fae94ae67d0b2d4e9e350a4eb5.jpg]

"At the end of many lives the man of vision comes to me. 'God is all' this great man says. Such a spirit sublime how rarely is he found!" -Bhagavad Gita
(09-04-2016, 04:53 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2016, 08:00 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]do you guys find others like yourself? In person?
If so where?

never in person.

[Image: fcd567fae94ae67d0b2d4e9e350a4eb5.jpg]

"At the end of many lives the man of vision comes to me. 'God is all' this great man says. Such a spirit sublime how rarely is he found!" -Bhagavad Gita

I just laughed the geekiest laugh at that, then laughed at my laugh. thank you for that!
I find you can only see as deep as you look. The question that has been raised in my mind many times is - what is the difference in value? Is it really at all 'better' to discuss philosophy as opposed to say, the weather?

I actually have found the opposite and the more I go towards the One the more I find myself able to connect because I realize that most 'differences' I have with people is a matter of focus. Fundamentally, we are all alike in many ways.

I also have to question if there is some 'ego' to misuse the term surrounding higher philosophy and a sort of 'holier than thou' attitude that comes with it. I understand wanting to explore and dive in to deep philosophy.

However, I believe that if you are digesting this philosophy then it should only expand and open your acceptance towards others. Eventually you see that everything we talk about here is also surface level, because they are details.

At the heart of it, however, two people dedicated to their hearts and loving could do nothing but talk about potatoes all day and I think they could polarize positively more effectively than the most profound philosopher who cannot even have a conversation with an average person without feeling some kind of negative emotion.
If you really want to seek to the heart of the Creator in people then talk to them about their passions, the things they care about, rather than just the things you care about.
Steven Tyman: A Fool\s Phenomenology Wrote:I am never more vulnerable than when I confess to myself that I seek spiritually.  Not only do the risks of failure then become all too clear, but also the cost of success.

To seek spiritually is to break the covenant of the commonplace.  Many, many communal bonds are made of this negative-magnetic filament by which souls are bound to their common clinging, their common despair.  This bespeaks a general state of ontological fear.  To dissolve these bonds is precisely to face losing the principal ties that bind.  Make no mistake.  Seeking the spirit can be lonely and arduous enterprise.  Thus the first stage of seeking the spirit is always registered as a form of overcoming resistances.
(09-05-2016, 01:20 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]I find you can only see as deep as you look. The question that has been raised in my mind many times is - what is the difference in value? Is it really at all 'better' to discuss philosophy as opposed to say, the weather?

I actually have found the opposite and the more I go towards the One the more I find myself able to connect because I realize that most 'differences' I have with people is a matter of focus. Fundamentally, we are all alike in many ways.

I also have to question if there is some 'ego' to misuse the term surrounding higher philosophy and a sort of 'holier than thou' attitude that comes with it. I understand wanting to explore and dive in to deep philosophy.

At the heart of it, however, two people dedicated to their hearts and loving could do nothing but talk about potatoes all day and I think they could polarize positively more effectively than the most profound philosopher who cannot even have a conversation with an average person without feeling some kind of negative emotion.
This is a bit of an assumption. Id love to talk about things like potatoes or other simple things.

When people around you are more focused on amassing wealth, stockpiling their stuff and emulating Hollywood it is pretty much incompatible with taking off the masks and getting to know each other.
Also, just to throw this out there: one of the reasons Homecoming is so important to many of us is precisely for this reason you relate. It is a reprieve of being able to relate easily to people about spirituality for once.
(09-05-2016, 01:55 PM)jeremy6d Wrote: [ -> ]Also, just to throw this out there: one of the reasons Homecoming is so important to many of us is precisely for this reason you relate.  It is a reprieve of being able to relate easily to people about spirituality for once.

I really appreciate this comment. I think next year I will arrange to come.
I need that reprieve. Thanks for mentioning that.
i want to go home
(09-05-2016, 02:03 PM)Dog Star Wrote: [ -> ]i want to go home

So do I.

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=9126
(09-05-2016, 02:09 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2016, 02:03 PM)Dog Star Wrote: [ -> ]i want to go home

So do I.

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=9126

I think next year we 3 need to go to homecoming!
i would love that (but im very shy)
(09-05-2016, 02:17 PM)Dog Star Wrote: [ -> ]i would love that (but im very shy)

I'm a talker so we can balance that out. Smile
(09-05-2016, 01:54 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2016, 01:20 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]I find you can only see as deep as you look. The question that has been raised in my mind many times is - what is the difference in value? Is it really at all 'better' to discuss philosophy as opposed to say, the weather?

This is a bit of an assumption. Id love to talk about things like potatoes or other simple things.

When people around you are more focused on amassing wealth, stockpiling their stuff and emulating Hollywood it is pretty much incompatible with taking off the masks and getting to know each other.

Sounds like you have your own assumptions about the people around you. Maybe instead of just dismissing those parts of people as being 'transient' you might consider that even the surface is still part of someone worth knowing. Why should anybody open up to you deeply when you only judge their shell?
(09-06-2016, 01:07 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2016, 01:54 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]

Sounds like you have your own assumptions about the people around you. Maybe instead of just dismissing those parts of people as being 'transient' you might consider that even the surface is still part of someone worth knowing. Why should anybody open up to you deeply when you only judge their shell?

I guess we can just leave this alone Aion. You don't actually know how I relate in person.
As an example I ended up snuggled on a garden sofa with 3 acquaintances Friday for an hour.
One was really sad, and I started a compassion snowball. I don't write anyone off. I dont judge them or their choice to sleept. I'd love to sleep comfortably.

Thanks though
Ah yes, a good old dismissal, thanks for that.
Pages: 1 2