Bring4th

Full Version: Are you afraid of jail?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
question as title, thoughts?
I never felt fear while thinking of jail, but then again I've never been an anxious person.
I've been to jail twice, both because of my mental issues. Once I walked around naked outdoors and my dad found me and shouted at me and I shouted back.
The first time I was in jail was only for a day, and then off to the mental hospital. I liked that time in jail, it was like a game. Most of the time I was out of a cell, sitting in their office.

I wasn't afraid really, though a little nervous.
I'm not doing anything to land myself in jail, so it's not something I think about much.

The only time I could see myself winding up imprisoned is if the cultural landscape shifted to the point where I could be locked up simply for the beliefs I hold, or for refusing to take part in activities I find immoral. Such a reality wouldn't fill me with joy, but I don't see a point in being afraid of something that has not happened yet, and may, in fact, never happen. I simply try to develop myself in a way that enables me to face whatever challenges I come across.
Sometimes jail cannot be avoided, if you have a mental illness and do something even borderline. But when my schizophrenia started, I had a blast in jail.
I'm very much scared of law
I used to be but not anymore. Even if I ended up in jail somehow I would just keep to myself and meditate. Maybe could even help some people towards greater positivity.
I'm afraid of jail because I'm afraid of all catalyst beyond a certain intensity. It's like I dread the idea that I'd have to accept that catalyst were it to occur to me, and the way that acceptance would change who I think I am.
interesting, i wonder how such an event can alter our belief, for instance living during ww1/2
not particularly, no.
but i wouldn't want to go.
(09-07-2016, 10:22 AM)jeremy6d Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid of jail because I'm afraid of all catalyst beyond a certain intensity.  It's like I dread the idea that I'd have to accept that catalyst were it to occur to me, and the way that acceptance would change who I think I am.

[Image: tarot16.jpg]
Spot on, Jade. Not sure it would be catalyst in the first place if I didn't dread it, though--if it didn't have potential to cause suffering. There would be a lot I'd have to let fall away.

I'm not saying I wouldn't somehow find a way to accept it, just being realistic and honest about what I fear. I do think about jail because it's the epitome of loss of control over everything not-self, and I have particular issues with control/manipulation.
~~

Uploaded on Dec 1, 2008  (in 8 parts)

Tahir Shah talks about bad times in Pakistan, when he was imprisoned along with his film team in a Pakistani torture jail.

"I was arrested while travelling in Pakistan and held for 16 days, along with my two-man film crew, David and Leon Flamholc. During the days, I felt myself slipping into a kind of madness. I spent hours working out how to break free. But trying to escape would have been instant suicide."

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaWOgl1...vHvyPiw2dw

("This YouTube channel is devoted to my work -- my books, journalism, documentaries and screenplays. I am grateful if you can spread the word if you've enjoyed my work. I will make sure to keep this channel updated with current and future projects. I am so grateful to everyone who takes an interest in my writing, and send my best wishes to all, from Dar Khalifa -- set squarely in the middle of our friendly shantyown here in Casablanca, Morocco.")
yes, but more because of the other inmates than the solitude.
I think I'd be fine but I'd probably become a full-blown sociopath very quickly.
I've been in jail for 3 weeks, but I was schizophrenic and thought I was talking to God so it was a blast for me. But it was in the US and just had to do some chores in there.
One of my older re-occurring dreams would be that I would find out i was going to jail for life. I remember feeling pretty sad, and sometimes crying a lot, but it definitely was not a literal fear of jail but symbolized something else i was going through. I have no idea how i would hold up in jail, but i believe it would not put a hold on my spiritual growth, it would just change it in a unique sort of way
You should be.
Was in for a day and a half. Nothing really scary about it but I wasn't in gen pop. Just the processing part waiting to be bonded out. The only thing that's bad is it's so freaking cold.
(11-01-2016, 12:32 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I've been in jail for 3 weeks, but I was schizophrenic and thought I was talking to God so it was a blast for me. But it was in the US and just had to do some chores in there.

Schizophrenia is really the most fun I've had as well. The anti-psychotics they put you on just take it all away.... Sad
If I was in jail, I would meditate. If I was in prison, I would join a gang and teach.
(06-25-2017, 10:49 PM)GentleReckoning Wrote: [ -> ]If I was in jail, I would meditate. If I was in prison, I would join a gang and teach.

There's one prison I read that only lets them out of their cells for 4 hours a week.
I think it's that Supermax prison in Colorado.
(06-26-2017, 12:06 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2017, 10:49 PM)GentleReckoning Wrote: [ -> ]If I was in jail, I would meditate. If I was in prison, I would join a gang and teach.

There's one prison I read that only lets them out of their cells for 4 hours a week.

Woah, that would be a pretty challenging environment. I wonder if they would give me enough pillows so I could be comfortable.
(06-26-2017, 01:02 PM)GentleReckoning Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2017, 12:06 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]

Woah, that would be a pretty challenging environment. I wonder if they would give me enough pillows so I could be comfortable.
I am not sure. It was rated the worst prison. Worse than San Quentin and Rikers Island. It gets you mentally.
I am definitely not because I have no reason to be.
I definitely expect to land myself in jail/prison at some point in my life but I have no idea how.