Bring4th

Full Version: What do you do to support yourself financially?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"for a living"?
Live with my parents.
deleted because embarrassed.
deleted because embarrassed about self.
Freelance writer. I mostly work with smaller businesses, writing blogs for them and things like that.
I cook noodles, wheeee!
sometimes even that doesn't work out for me
I work as an industrial analyst-programmer for a multinational (primary metal manufacturing).

I can hardly call it work.  I really like what I do and feels it is not time wasted.  So I am quite glad for this opportunity and live in thanksgiving of it for the abundance it brings.

My greatest wish is for everyone to be in abundance (of love and all else needed/desired).  Universal basic income cannot come quickly enough in my opinion.

I work at a Thai restaurant and I also work at a wild bird supply store selling seed and feeders.
Software developer.
Disability, trying for permanent.
(09-11-2016, 10:37 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I work at a Thai restaurant and I also work at a wild bird supply store selling seed and feeders.

Oregon?
Lab technician
Self employed in animal health industry.
(09-11-2016, 04:24 PM)hounsic Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2016, 10:37 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I work at a Thai restaurant and I also work at a wild bird supply store selling seed and feeders.

Oregon?

Colorado.
I am a craftsman, more commonly termed a bricklayer. I prefer the word craftsman though. Here is something I designed and built a month ago.

http://imgur.com/H13021o

Hey, Thai is Heidi and my favourite cuisine! Tom Yum soup followed by Thai green curry with coconut steamed rice. Heidi prefers Thai red, and the fish broth in Tom Yum is especially good for her biochemistry  BigSmile
We make all those things at our restaurant. We are a 'south east Asian' fusion style noodle bar.
Analyst-programmer for a company that does a management/optimization software for public transport companies while living with my parents. I have a hard time thinking about a job that could be any more perfect for my being at this moment.
Head Waiter, bartender, author wannabe, some fire dancing on the side. I am a firm believer that people should be paid a basic income just for existing with no strings attached. You should feel valued by society regardless of life situation. Remove all types of welfare and unemployment fund, introduce basic income.
(09-12-2016, 09:21 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]Head Waiter, bartender, author wannabe, some fire dancing on the side. I am a firm believer that people should be paid a basic income just for existing with no strings attached. You should feel valued by society regardless of life situation. Remove all types of welfare and unemployment fund, introduce basic income.

They actually had a referendum on the introduction of a universal basic income in switzerland recently. It did not receive much traction but many believe that this will actually happen in the future. There are pilot schemes running in holland at the moment in order to collect data. This is probably something the bilderbergers will be discussing. What would most people do with their 'time' if the requirement to work for the basic necessities was abolished?
Until recently, I was a graphic designer, web designer and-and-and... advertising requires you to be a Jack of all trades, including photography every so often, but working in an office was like a prison sentence to me. So I impulsively quit my job recently and started contemplating a career change. A close friend is a doctor on a cruise liner, so I was lying on my bed and thinking about him, and then a thread on here gave me the idea to become a photographer. So I jumped on Google to see if cruise ships require photographers, and saw that they have large photography teams!

I put a photography portfolio together, updated my CV and applied, and voilà! I got it! Since then I have had paperwork coming out of my ears. Full medical, blood tests, urine tests, chest x-ray, ecg, 3 vaccinations, criminal clearance certificate, visas, passport, seaman's book, forms-forms-forms etc. etc. They're very strict, not even tatoos are allowed, let alone anything suspect in your blood or urine, which fortunately isn't an issue for me.

And I have been studying photography endlessly, since I'm a bit nervous. But since photography has always been a passion, it was just a pleasure to immerse myself in it. I can do all kinds of fancy tricks with my camera now that I never knew about before, like HDR photography, hyperfocal distance, infinity zoom, slow sync flash... If you ever see those pics where the landscape and the sky are both perfectly exposed, it's HDR photography! Magical stuff!

I was supposed to be off already, but my seaman's book is delayed, and without it I can't get off in any port.

All in all, this was the first time in my life that I relied completely on faith. The Creator fortunately sent me enough feathers popping up everywhere whenever I started worrying.
I work in a call center helping people apply for college
I touch people's packages. (UPS)
(09-14-2016, 06:20 AM)Reaper Wrote: [ -> ]I touch people's packages. (UPS)

rofl!!!

Love it!
i work at doing customer service for Apple Care in a call center.

I lerv it.. so many different souls and so many different chances to transmute fear back into love.

It's not for the faint of heart. hahaha

dam i want me sum of dem drunken noodles!
I feed off the energies of others.
(09-14-2016, 03:36 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]I feed off the energies of others.

So you're in the financial sector then? Wink
(09-14-2016, 05:19 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-14-2016, 03:36 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]I feed off the energies of others.

So you're in the financial sector then? Wink

No, just jesting. I am supported by my family and in return I provide care, transport, etc. Nothing sinister Tongue
Thought I'd mention this excerpt that I read this morning: http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0318.aspx

Q\uo Wrote:You are here as awakened beings to be, not to do. This is a terrifically difficult concept to receive within the context of incarnated life because life as you know it, as you experience it, as the culture teaches you to experience it, is about doing. You were taught to value yourself as a worker, as a producer, as an accomplisher of deeds. They may be many different kinds of deeds, but at the next gathering to which you go, you will be asked not, “Who are you?” but, “What do you do?” And you will be valued by many people according to how that answer goes. And yet we say to you that you are not here primarily as a doer, but as an essence. In the energetic or metaphysical sense, each of you is a field of energy. Now this energy is not simple. Each of you has, as a core vibration, the one great original Thought. Each of you, at the core, is the Creator. Indeed, the basic goal of evolution is to come once again into full vibratory congruency with the one original Thought that is the Logos. This Logos could be described as love, and yet that word has been so sullied by being used for different kinds of passion and emotion and devotion that it is inadequate at heart to express the fullness of that quality that is creative and divine love.

(my emphasis)

It's interesting to see both the variety of jobs people have out there as well as the single attitude we all try to bring to bear on those jobs.  Smile

So that said, maybe I should start a thread named "Who are you".
Pages: 1 2