Bring4th

Full Version: Service without request?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My partner and I now find ourselves able to serve another couple. This couple was in pretty bad shape money wise before, and with recent car troubles, is now in pretty rough financial waters. They have two children. My partner has covered a car rental for them, and when the couple tries to pay her back, she is going to tell them the bill is less than what it actually was. She's doing this so that she can in effect give them some money to help them out. I agreed with her decision and I was happy that she chose to serve in this manner.

One question I have about this is that the Law of One asks us to be cautious about providing service where none is requested doesn't it? They're both a very proud couple and were quite embarrassed to have to ask us to get the rental for them, and only allowed this on the condition that they could pay us back in full. So I would like to ask the forum members for their thoughts on this opportunity. Thanks in advance!
This doesnt sound too intrusive. I dont think anything is wrong with this as long as you can pull it off smoothly.
A wonderful thing to do.

Problems can occur when people force help on others, without acceptance from the other selves, as this is an infringement upon free will.

Yourself and your partner offered some help, which was accepted on terms that made the other couple feel comfortable. Acceptance is the key here, as everybody is responsible for their own choices.

L&L
While I completely approve of your intent to help them out. If I was in their place and would discover the true price. (And if I was a guy in need of money I would be price conscious and check these things out!) Then I would never ask you for your help again.

Sometimes family members or friends we don't see often want to buy us gifts. The parents of my ex were very extreme in this. They would sneak off with anything we picked up in a store and secretly pay for it...

It was very uncomfortable. Near the end I made more money than my father in law. I am an adult and have been for some years now. And I don't want to go shopping and not pick up articles out of fear that my inlaws might sneak of with them and pay for them. I don't want to play grateful when I'm actually annoyed about the infringement on my autonomy. I'm an adult.. I make my decisions.. Not them. In the end I had to switch to "I don't want you to do this it makes me feel bad" from "You didn't have to do this"...

Again, I totally approve of your eagerness to help these folks out. It demonstrates that you and your wife are good and caring people. But I would recommend not secretly paying their bills. Instead offer to do it openly. Make it a standing offer. This way you're putting their integrity first and they will appreciate that and come to you for help easier when they decide they really need it. Because they know they will retain some control if they come to you. That feeling is important especially when asking for help. And I suspect you'd rather help them at the points they need it most.

Maybe you can think up schemes to save them money that they would accept. Like eating together. Or when going somewhere you use your car. Babysit for them so they don't need to rent a sitter. Do repairs together so they don't need to rent a repair guy. Offer to give them your old tv/dishwasher/fridge/whatever if theirs breaks down, stuff like that. (Oh I was already thinking about buying a new one if you want the old one that's cool, just give me a few days to arrange things.)

I've done that one a few times. The only thing they don't know and can never discover at that point is that you were actually thinking about buying a new tv somewhere next year and not actually today.. But that is arbitrary anyway right? And it gives you something fun to experience yourself whilst doing someone else a favor.

Imagine your friends coming to town with you to buy you a new fridge because the old one broke down and you can't pay for a new one. You'd pick the cheapest one you find that you won't be happy with and still feel terribly awkward. Now imagine your friends coincidentally getting a new fridge just as yours breaks down, and you get to have their old one... Lucky break right? Smile
Agreed Ali, and a very important point, do so in an honest/open fashion.
The reason people try to help out behind other backs is that they know that someone’s pride is standing in the way of a loving gift. In a more perfect world, we should be able to lay aside our ego in times of need and appreciate gifts of love. Being human though, we attach conditions to things offerred. Being human, we also, unfortunately attach conditions when offerring gifts of love.

So we, invariably, dance around ego’s and feelings. Perhaps the question to self sould be…”Why do our other selves feel the need to secretly help?”….”What is standing in the way of an open gift?” The answer is usally in the mirror.

That said…I would put no conditions on re-payment. Just tell them that you were glad to help and that you think they’d do the same if the situtations were reversed. If they insist…and the money isn’t an issue?...donate it to their church or another charity.

Richard
(07-02-2010, 10:25 AM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]The reason people try to help out behind other backs is that they know that someone’s pride is standing in the way of a loving gift. In a more perfect world, we should be able to lay aside our ego in times of need and appreciate gifts of love. Being human though, we attach conditions to things offerred. Being human, we also, unfortunately attach conditions when offerring gifts of love.

So we, invariably, dance around ego’s and feelings. Perhaps the question to self sould be…”Why do our other selves feel the need to secretly help?”….”What is standing in the way of an open gift?” The answer is usally in the mirror.

That said…I would put no conditions on re-payment. Just tell them that you were glad to help and that you think they’d do the same if the situtations were reversed. If they insist…and the money isn’t an issue?...donate it to their church or another charity.

Richard

I agree with this point entirely, an excellent perspective.

This is something I have experienced personally within my close relashionships. My partner, who's parents shall we say were less generous than my own, would get offended and frustrated when my father would ask to give her (or more specifically us, as a household) a gift.

Rather than accept the gift with gratitude (two key definitions of love in that statement), the response would meet heated opposition and sometimes anger. The fear being that she was not in control of her life, in this context, financially. Also heavily linked as Richard mentions, to pride (fear-based again).

This is indeed a blockage in the lower rays, and due to the fear based reactions, in the form of service to self.

The situation has now been cleared, moments of generosity are accepted with much gratitude, appreciation and love, which in turn, gifts my father with that in return.
Everyone thanks for the thoughtful responses. I think I'll go with the general forum consensus and try to help them only in an open fashion.

The fridge example is an excellent method for offering help in a way that might be more accepted by them. We packed them some food and snacks for the kids last night as they were going on a road trip.

I agree that there are definitely some pride issues getting in the way. But I also know of people that seem to accept gifts openly and offer little gratitude in return. I can see it and it is somewhat a turn off for me because I have a tendency towards this behavior in my own life if I don't keep it consciously in check.

Well thanks again everyone for helping me in what was a gray area for me in my understanding.
(07-02-2010, 11:41 AM)blargg Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone thanks for the thoughtful responses. I think I'll go with the general forum consensus and try to help them only in an open fashion.

The fridge example is an excellent method for offering help in a way that might be more accepted by them. We packed them some food and snacks for the kids last night as they were going on a road trip.

I agree that there are definitely some pride issues getting in the way. But I also know of people that seem to accept gifts openly and offer little gratitude in return. I can see it and it is somewhat a turn off for me because I have a tendency towards this behavior in my own life if I don't keep it consciously in check.

Well thanks again everyone for helping me in what was a gray area for me in my understanding.

To open the heart, and fully express the service that you are doing onto them. In my opinion, be open, and tell them that you would not like the full amount.
(07-02-2010, 11:41 AM)blargg Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone thanks for the thoughtful responses. I think I'll go with the general forum consensus and try to help them only in an open fashion.

tell that you are doing them a favor, that they can return sometime in future.
I suggest telling them that receiving is just as important as giving, because when you receive, you are allowing another person an opportunity to give.

Another idea is to tell them that they can pay it forward to someone else in need later on.

A friend once absolved me of a $4000 debt. A few years later, I absolved someone of a $400 debt. $400 to me was like the $4000 was to my other friend, so it felt to me like a beautiful balancing of karma. I'm certain my friend #2 probably absolved someone of a $40 debt, which to her was like $400 to me.
for some people its very hard to take from others.
(07-04-2010, 06:18 AM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]for some people its very hard to take from others.

To serve others is to give love, and to receive love. Not against their free will but because by giving love to yourself you're essentially receiving that love back.

If you help someone with something and they wish to pay you you can accept it with thankfulness for you are helping them express love just as well. That is goal to give love and receive love a thousand times fold in an endless path of learning to give and receive love.
(07-04-2010, 06:18 AM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]for some people its very hard to take from others.

True. Just as it is very hard for some people to give generously.

Some just take, take, take, but never give.

Conversely, some can give generously, but are unable to receive. In these cases, they might not realize that the inability to receive is essentially the same as the inability to give.
(07-02-2010, 06:56 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]Imagine your friends coming to town with you to buy you a new fridge because the old one broke down and you can't pay for a new one. You'd pick the cheapest one you find that you won't be happy with and still feel terribly awkward. Now imagine your friends coincidentally getting a new fridge just as yours breaks down, and you get to have their old one... Lucky break right? Smile

Excellent suggestions, Ali!
(07-02-2010, 11:41 AM)blargg Wrote: [ -> ]But I also know of people that seem to accept gifts openly and offer little gratitude in return.

Yeah, I know plenty of those! And worse, continue to ask for more without seeming to try to correct the situation themselves...or asking for $$ to pay bills then spending it on frivolous things. Or spending it on bills, but a month later getting a tattoo...
(07-04-2010, 10:10 AM)LsavedSmeD Wrote: [ -> ]To serve others is to give love, and to receive love.

service isnt limited to love.
Quote:service isnt limited to love.

No, it isn't. Hatred, anger, greed, selfishness, war, madness, indifference, cruelty, lust for power, willful ignorance, envy, all the distortions serve their purposes here. Hopefully, they can help some of us to understand what we are not and what we do not want to be. For an individual, service to others in a positive way usually includes giving them a hand up, not pushing them down or kicking them when they're already down. We all make our choices and live with the consequences. Some of us here are trying to learn to love the unlovable, to bear with the unbearable, to tolerate the intolerable, to suffer the insufferable. So yes. There is service of some kind in all we think and say and do. The choice is our own.
My approach was more practical. The computer you are using in front of you is not a product of love. or, the internet that is disseminating the messages. or, the database server that is keeping the messages. I doubt that noone would be able to claim that the lab of nikola tesla would be reeking with love either. Or, find abraham lincoln to be brimming with love.
(07-04-2010, 01:46 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]My approach was more practical. The computer you are using in front of you is not a product of love. or, the internet that is disseminating the messages. or, the database server that is keeping the messages. I doubt that noone would be able to claim that the lab of nikola tesla would be reeking with love either. Or, find abraham lincoln to be brimming with love.

Gadgets and buildings in and of themselves reek and brim with neutrality. The purposes for which they are used are up to the human inventors and builders and users, in which case love is certainly involved. Love of profit is certainly a powerful motivator. As for Abraham Lincoln, neither you nor I nor anyone else can accurately judge. Opinions are plentiful, of course.

If one is functioning with a microchip for a mind and a battery for a heart, what one can produce is probably a result of programming and not independent thinking and feeling.
(07-04-2010, 02:14 PM)solitary Wrote: [ -> ]Gadgets and buildings in and of themselves reek and brim with neutrality. The purposes for which they are used are up to the human inventors and builders and users, in which case love is certainly involved. Love of profit is certainly a powerful motivator.

If one is functioning with a microchip for a mind and a battery for a heart, what one can produce is probably a result of programming and not independent thinking and feeling.

no actually you cant produce anything with 'a microchip for a mind and a battery for a heart'. all these products are the products of indigo ray energy, the 6th.

and almost all of these are the creations of wanderers, which Ra has noted that they have been incarnating in waves since the last 200 years, in order to make life easier for the incarnated entities because 'someone who works from dawn till dusk wouldnt be able to find time to contemplate the Law of One in a meaningful fashion'.

so, that basically means that, you can classify most of the science and philosophical pioneers of the last 200 years as wanderers too. names of some, we already know, like tesla.

Quote:As for Abraham Lincoln, neither you nor I nor anyone else can accurately judge. Opinions are plentiful, of course.

we can quite easily judge what kind of personality and demeanor he had. because he had innumerable accounts, biographies, contemporary pieces made on him by his associates, his relatives, directly by them or by their accounts.

same goes for benjamin franklin, thomas jefferson, and most of the known wanderers listed by Ra.
This judgement will only necessarily be an approximation. Even the best accounts and biographies will only be approximations themselves. The native americans supposedly had a saying not to judge a man unless you've walked 100 miles in his boots.

You have to be them to know them. Solitary included the word "accurately" this is very appropriate I think.

In psychology we've developed all kinds of instruments of measurement. Tests. To determine who someone is. These are the best we have at this moment to convey someones personality. But without an assessment from a trained psychologist and an estimation of these peoples lives they should not be relied upon heavily certainly because they are just a snapshot of a tendency on how to answer questions made in a very precise moment and setting..

Still give me one and I can give a good approximation of that person.
lets reflect :

the biographies made about people, may err in judging them, if they are prepared by themselves, or, by a single source. this is the case with most individuals.

however, some individuals have much impact on society or events, much publicity, and therefore, they are a major interest in and after their lifetime. even if biographies arent made about them during their life, depictions of their manners, acts, and doings are circulated in abundance. especially, if we take into account that, the literature in 19th century has (sometimes a mind boggling) a high degree of passion for descriptions and descriptive narrations, we can have an easy time in approximating their minds and manners. especially from the accounts of those are near to them, family or friends.

so far, what i have garnered from lives and biographies of various individuals like lincoln, fdr, jefferson, franklin, puts them into classification of the gentry of their times. ie, lincoln, a proper, 19th century man, franklin and jefferson as participants of the contemporary times, revolutions and freedom ideals. some with a love for children maybe, manifesting and accounted for during such times. but, no exclusive situations of boundless love, and compassion that would fit that kind of approaches. especially the approach of the contemporary new age love literature we have today.

even, with fdr, one can go to the extent of concluding that he was a power hungry, problematic individual, concluding from his politics games and his sometimes problematic relationship with his wife.

whereas, all of these were wanderers. we know that lincoln was a 4th density entity, even.
i forgot to add - there is a great deal of eccentricity in a number of them too, franklin is reported to have a fondness for going totally naked and sitting on a chair in the middle of a hallway, after making the servants open the windows on both wings of the building that face that hallway. in the breeze.
also not to mention that, one should not err and confuse the 'was a good husband and loving man' phrases from 19th century with the concept of love we know of today. in many levels, the 'love' of a father or a husband in 19th century could appear quite inhumane to our eyes today.
(07-04-2010, 02:27 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]no actually you cant produce anything with 'a microchip for a mind and a battery for a heart'. all these products are the products of indigo ray energy, the 6th.

and almost all of these are the creations of wanderers, which Ra has noted that they have been incarnating in waves since the last 200 years, in order to make life easier for the incarnated entities because 'someone who works from dawn till dusk wouldnt be able to find time to contemplate the Law of One in a meaningful fashion'.

so, that basically means that, you can classify most of the science and philosophical pioneers of the last 200 years as wanderers too. names of some, we already know, like tesla.

we can quite easily judge what kind of personality and demeanor he had. because he had innumerable accounts, biographies, contemporary pieces made on him by his associates, his relatives, directly by them or by their accounts.

same goes for benjamin franklin, thomas jefferson, and most of the known wanderers listed by Ra.

If by "judge" you mean "guess at", perhaps; however, there are many unknown factors besides personality and demeanor to be considered before real "judgment" of another person can be made, and judgment is not our job here or elsewhere, other than judging ourselves. As for the waves of wanderer incarnation and the creations thereof, people who spend their time from one dawn to the next contemplating the Law of One and not putting it to practical use in human society are totally missing the point. Many great words have been spoken and written and read on this planet, but obviously not, shall we say, taken to "heart".
(07-04-2010, 02:59 PM)solitary Wrote: [ -> ]If by "judge" you mean "guess at", perhaps; however, there are many unknown factors besides personality and demeanor to be considered before real "judgment" of another person can be made, and judgment is not our job here or elsewhere, other than judging ourselves.

the word judge here is in the meaning of estimate, or approximate. the word guess falls way too short, because, for some individuals there are extensive accounts from all kinds of people, family, friends, enemies, and neutral parties.

but what is more important is, in the rather rigid and unforgiving, victorian environment of 19th century, a love the kind of that the new age literature today speaks of, would appear as a stunning manifestation, and would be commonly mentioned and emphasized by all kinds of accounts, both positive and negative. some parties would equate it with a saint or an angel without wings, some parties would equate it with being naive to the extent of foolishness, depending on their perspective. but the thing is, everyone would note.

however we dont have any such account.

Quote:As for the waves of wanderer incarnation and the creations thereof, people who spend their time from one dawn to the next contemplating the Law of One and not putting it to practical use in human society are totally missing the point. Many great words have been spoken and written and read on this planet, but obviously not, shall we say, taken to "heart".

the people who spend their time from dawn to dusk with no time to do anything in this context are the entities living in this planet, ie, all of 'the people'. and, the wanderers question have incarnated in order to make life easier, and provide that kind of time that in which they could feel or do anything with.

so, if we stay on the particular example, countless wanderers have incarnated during the 200 era period preceding 1980, periods which would be considered exceptionally hostile to any kind of freedom, modern ideals or feelings (especially the kinds these wanderers have been accustomed to in their native densities), in order to provide amenities and technology to the people so that they could actually have time to breathe.

considering the conditions in 5th densities and higher, this is a sacrifice and service that goes beyond description.
The badinage has been fun, if orotund at times, gotta go.
(07-04-2010, 11:38 AM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2010, 10:10 AM)LsavedSmeD Wrote: [ -> ]To serve others is to give love, and to receive love.

service isnt limited to love.

You may have missed LSD's point, brother, which is just that - choosing service to others is limited to love (in its varying distortions).

Remember there are only two types of service; service to others (love), or service to self (fear). All other emotions/traits/actions etc. are but distortions upon these two core polarities.

Quote:My approach was more practical. The computer you are using in front of you is not a product of love. or, the internet that is disseminating the messages. or, the database server that is keeping the messages.

On the contrary, at the moment of inception, many inventions are done in a place of love; passion and excitement. In many cases, the 'ideas' are given telepathically from the Confederation (as with Tesla), which again, is a place of love.

The fact that another takes this idea and uses it for the self is another matter entirely, and should not tarnish the method, medium or technology.

Quote:I doubt that noone would be able to claim that the lab of nikola tesla would be reeking with love either. Or, find abraham lincoln to be brimming with love.

Ra himself explains that Tesla's lab was indeed a place of great love.

Ra Wrote:I am Ra. The one known as Nikola received information from Confederation sources desirous of aiding this extremely, shall we say, angelically positive entity in bettering the existence of its fellow mind/body/spirit complexes.

Clearly, service to others orientated. Love.

Love is much misunderstood as a word, people generally have difficulty understanding it's true meaning, as it is a word ridden with dogma and mis-interpretation, as is God, and Faith.

Ra specifically stated this if I recall correctly.

It is also mis-used, as per the 19th century father comment. One can use the word love, but operate from a place of fear. Love can, and is often, confused with ownership and fear of change.

Love is essentially the positive choice; courage, trust, acceptance, understanding, gratitude, appreciation, compassion, generosity, joy, passion, laughter, excitement etc. These are all facets of the crystal that is love.

On the subject of Abraham et al. the veil was still in place. Who is to say they are/were balanced and harvestable entities? In some cases they may not have been. It was a single incarnation from many, a small part of the learning journey in which to fulfill the purpose of this density; to choose fear or love, and to polarise to the point of harvestability (or not, if that's what is best for the entity - another Great Cycle of 3D experience).
(07-04-2010, 05:29 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]You may have missed LSD's point, brother, which is just that - choosing service to others is limited to love (in its varying distortions).

Remember there are only two types of service; service to others (love), or service to self (fear). All other emotions/traits/actions etc. are but distortions upon these two core polarities.

there is no such direct correlation in between those. thats what im saying, and it is what is critical.

service to others and service to self concepts are about energy emissions. you can radiate the energy you are generating as a focus, or you can suck energy from outside instead of using yours, by clogging yours. the second isnt even a real activity.

you shouldnt interchange the harvest requirement of 4th density positive, which is radiating 51% of the energy you generate, with the concept of service, or positive charge. one of these concepts encompass the other.

moreover, service to self, ie, negative polarity is not simply 'fear'. it involves a lot of aspects, only one of which is fear. it cannot be reduced to a simple concept.

Quote:On the contrary, at the moment of inception, many inventions are done in a place of love; passion and excitement. In many cases, the 'ideas' are given telepathically from the Confederation (as with Tesla), which again, is a place of love.

love in the context we are discussing does not have passion and excitement within. the latter two are more related to higher energy center activities, more, blue, expression, and even more the indigo, co creatorship.

not to mention that in the past 200 years lives of many pioneers have been rather lacking of love or loving environments.

Quote:Ra himself explains that Tesla's lab was indeed a place of great love.

Ra Wrote:I am Ra. The one known as Nikola received information from Confederation sources desirous of aiding this extremely, shall we say, angelically positive entity in bettering the existence of its fellow mind/body/spirit complexes.

please notice - the above block does not say that tesla's lab was one of profound love. it says he was an extremely, angelically positive entity. angelic, positive concepts contain innumerable things, and they cannot be reduced to simply love.

Quote:Clearly, service to others orientated. Love.

again -> love is the 4th chakra, green ray, the energy of acceptance and empathy. it is just one of the 7 energy centers, meanings, rays that manifest in any given creation. it does not replace any of the other rays, it does not take priority over any of the other rays, it can not exist or manifest without other rays being present.

equating 7 whole energies with love, is overemphasis of one over all others.

Quote:Love is much misunderstood as a word, people generally have difficulty understanding it's true meaning, as it is a word ridden with dogma and mis-interpretation, as is God, and Faith.

Ra specifically stated this if I recall correctly.

i dont remember Ra mentioning dogma and misinterpretation about love. i remember that they noted some people mistake love for creator and worship that particular energy center as if it was infinity itself.

Quote:Love is essentially the positive choice; courage, trust, acceptance, understanding, gratitude, appreciation, compassion, generosity, joy, passion, laughter, excitement etc. These are all facets of the crystal that is love.

if we check green ray's properties, the dominant aspects of this ray comes up as emotional empathy. it revolves around the acceptance or refusal of this phenomenon. the positive accept their and others' emotions and psychological situations, the negatives, refuse to empathy, and try to push any kind of emotion out.

i will again differ here, you are filling the concept love with way too many concepts, most of which you named in the above block being properties of higher energy centers.

acceptance of empathy, feelings and emotions will probably naturally bring experiences and manifestations of all the higher energy center related feelings and experiences, but, that wont happen because they are properties of green ray - it will happen because acceptance of green ray, empathy, emotions, will allow an entity to experience the emotions of other rays.

Quote:On the subject of Abraham et al. the veil was still in place. Who is to say they are/were balanced and harvestable entities? In some cases they may not have been. It was a single incarnation from many, a small part of the learning journey in which to fulfill the purpose of this density; to choose fear or love, and to polarise to the point of harvestability (or not, if that's what is best for the entity - another Great Cycle of 3D experience).

that is another approach, and even if we take that approach and say that the veil was in place, and, those entities incarnated with a planned karmic/energy model, that would again tell us that service does not equal love, since they were still incarnated for rendering service, without manifesting the new age literature kind of love which we are discussing these days.

my angle is ;

there is infinity. there are infinite properties and facets in infinity. one can not and should not equate entirety of this infinity with any given ray. nor, equate it with any limited concept.

one should never forget that, the red ray, the 1st density of this creation, was actually the 8th ray, the intelligent energy contact point of the earlier creation. ie, it was the greatest point that could be achieved in regard to manifestation of infinite intelligence in the last octave. it was the point that entities returned to infinity (or at least come close to totally returning) int he last octave.

yet, in this octave, the red ray is the 1st ray of this creation. and green ray is a ray which stands halfway in between red ray, and the violet ray, which will result into the 8th ray, white, at the end of this creation. (for any given entity).

and, unsurprisingly, the 8th ray of this creation, the final ray, the top of this creation, will become the first ray of the next creation, next octave.

this should be enough to conclude that no energy, ray, chakra, facet should be overemphasized.
(07-04-2010, 07:06 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]

please notice - the above block does not say that tesla's lab was one of profound love.

One would imagine that Tesla's lab was not a conscious entity which chose love or fear, and is simply a metaphor for Tesla and his work. Understand the key point that Tesla was indeed STO (and hence love) polarised, and responsible for his inventions.

unity Wrote:love in the context we are discussing does not have passion and excitement within. the latter two are more related to higher energy center activities, more, blue, expression, and even more the indigo, co creatorship.

This statement implies that creativity skips the heart and is purely from higher rays. Higher rays still employ green ray energy - creativity driven by the desire to serve others includes love. They are not mutually exclusive.

Quote:moreover, service to self, ie, negative polarity is not simply 'fear'. it involves a lot of aspects, only one of which is fear. it cannot be reduced to a simple concept.

This entire universe can be reduced to a simple context. The first three distortions are examples of this. The word distortion itself explains this perfectly.

All choices towards STO are based upon love. The same applies to STS, the basis of the choice is fear. It is that simple. This is not my own interpretation, this is directly from Ra/Q'uo...

Quo Wrote:...service to others springs from a ground of love and service to self springs from a ground of fear

Quo Wrote:The being who acts in reactivity to fear, and thus acts in what we have called service to self

These are two of many quotes, and state the opposite of your quote above. It would be much appreciated if you would accompany your statements with quotes, as it is difficult - and sometimes confusing - to determine whether your notions are strictly the Law of One, or your own interpretation.
(07-04-2010, 08:14 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]One would imagine that Tesla's lab was not a conscious entity which chose love or fear, and is simply a metaphor for Tesla and his work. Understand the key point that Tesla was indeed STO (and hence love) polarised, and responsible for his inventions.

i meant a place in which manifestations of love was abound. did not take the lab as an entity which had graduated to 3d (although this is possible as per the example Ra gave in the related topic), but rather a place which was being affected by any particular vibration the entities using it were in.

Quote:This statement implies that creativity skips the heart and is purely from higher rays. Higher rays still employ green ray energy - creativity driven by the desire to serve others includes love. They are not mutually exclusive.

that statement doesnt imply such a thing. any higher ray requires the activity of all the lower rays. whereas proposing otherwise, as in tying all the manifestations of infinite intelligence in this particular creation to love, implies totally the opposite - it ties all existence to love. if so, what will the next octave be tied to ?

Quote:This entire universe can be reduced to a simple context. The first three distortions are examples of this. The word distortion itself explains this perfectly.

and above those three distortions, lies infinite intelligence, aka god, aka creator, and ABOVE that, lies infinity. 'first, there was infinity'.

Quote:All choices towards STO are based upon love. The same applies to STS, the basis of the choice is fear. It is that simple. This is not my own interpretation, this is directly from Ra/Q'uo...

Quo Wrote:...service to others springs from a ground of love and service to self springs from a ground of fear

Quo Wrote:The being who acts in reactivity to fear, and thus acts in what we have called service to self

springing from something does not make the result what it has sprung from. 4th ray springs from 3rd, yet this doesnt make green yellow.

moreover, the quo quote above is lacking in context compared to what Ra has said in regard to this subject.

ra had noted in the subject of polarity, some entities love sunlight, joy, laughter. and there are some entities which have an inclination to darkness, suffering, suffering of others and their self, and similar things. some prefer the sun, some prefer the moon.

quo quote is lacking on that matter - not all inclinations to negativity come from any underlying fear. there are some which are evil, per se, if the saying goes, without having any underlying fear to justify it. quo quote seems to involve the situation on this world, in which a lot of the self serving behavior of entities are indeed tied to underlying fears, or lifetimes of fears incurred in previous incarnations. which can cause entities to act quite self servingly. however, as Ra explains, there is also a dark side of existence. i personally take Ra text over anything quo says in case of conflict, for, the latter is, as i have learned, a collective of Ra, hatonn and latwii, in which latwii exclusively speaks, sometimes hatonn, but never Ra.

Quote:These are two of many quotes, and state the opposite of your quote above. It would be much appreciated if you would accompany your statements with quotes, as it is difficult - and sometimes confusing - to determine whether your notions are strictly the Law of One, or your own interpretation.

as always i am assuming that people who are talking on a particular aspect of Ra material remember all related important q/as. my mistake.

http://lawofone.info/results.php?session...=1&ss=1#15

Quote:Questioner: The only obvious significant difference, I believe, between the positive and negative adepts in using this shuttle is the way they polarize. Is there a relationship between the archetypes of the spirit and whether the polarization is either positive or negative? Is, for instance, the positive calling through the sixteenth archetype and the negative calling through the fifteenth archetype? I am very confused about this and I imagine that that question is either poor or meaningless. Can you answer that?

Ra: I am Ra. It is a challenge to answer such a query, for there is some confusion in its construction. However, we shall attempt to speak upon the subject.

The adept, whether positive or negative, has the same Matrix. The Potentiator is also identical. Due to the Catalyst of each adept the adept may begin to pick and choose that into which it shall look further. The Experience of the Spirit, that which you have called the Moon, is then, by far, the more manifest of influences upon the polarity of the adept. Even the most unhappy of experiences, shall we say, which seem to occur in the Catalyst of the adept, seen from the viewpoint of the spirit, may, with the discrimination possible in shadow, be worked with until light equaling the light of brightest noon descends upon the adept and positive or service-to-others illumination has occurred.
The service-to-self adept will satisfy itself with the shadows and, grasping the light of day, will toss back the head in grim laughter, preferring the darkness.

notice there are no mentions of fear in the above note. if, fear was the actual cause of the existence of negative polarity and negative polarization, ra would have mentioned it as such, and this would pass as a factor in all related topics, and its mechanics would have been examined in detail. however, there are, as far as i remember, no situations in which fear is being named as the reason for negative polarization.

http://lawofone.info/results.php?session...=1&ss=1#14

Quote:19.14 Questioner: Then the newest third-density beings who have just made the transition from second are still strongly biased towards self-service. There must be many other mechanisms to create an awareness of the possibility of service to others.

I am wondering, first about the mechanism and I am wondering when the split takes place where the entity is able to continue on the road to service to self that will eventually take him on to fourth density.

I’m assuming that an entity can start, say, in second density with service to self and continue right on through and just stay on what we would call the path of service to self and never be pulled over. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. The second-density concept of serving self includes the serving of those associated with tribe or pack. This is not seen in second density as separation of self and other-self. All is seen as self since in some forms of second-density entities, if the tribe or pack becomes weakened, so does the entity within the tribe or pack.

The new or initial third density has this innocent, shall we say, bias or distortion towards viewing those in the family, the society, as you would call, perhaps, country, as self. Thus though a distortion not helpful for progress in third density, it is without polarity.

The break becomes apparent when the entity perceives otherselves as other-selves and consciously determines to manipulate other-selves for the benefit of the self. This is the beginning of the road of which you speak.

and again in the above, the entity perceives other selves as other selves, and consciously determines to manipulate the others for the benefit of self. it is a conscious decision, not one fallen into out of fear. it is a preference.

http://lawofone.info/results.php?session...c=1&ss=1#6

Quote:50.6 Questioner: Could you give an example of negative polarization sharing love of self? It would seem to me that that would deplete negative polarization. Could you expand on the concept?

Ra: I am Ra. We may not use examples of known beings due to the infringement this would cause. Thus we must be general.

The negatively oriented being will be one who feels that it has found power that gives meaning to its existence precisely as the positive polarization does feel. This negative entity will strive to offer these understandings to other-selves, most usually by the process of forming the elite, the disciples, and teaching the need and rightness of the enslavement of other-selves for their own good. These other-selves are conceived to be dependent upon the self and in need of the guidance and the wisdom of the self.

in the above, again, it is not a decision that is brought forth or coerced due to existence of any kind of fear, or based in fear. it is a preference. the negatively polarizing entity decides its choice of negative path gives meaning to its existence. not allays its fears, or takes measures against its fears, or any particular fear related concept. it finds the negative route more meaningful.

Now, this one below is the most important, and rather conclusive for that particular train of thought :

http://lawofone.info/results.php?session...=1&ss=1#11

Quote:87.11 Questioner: I’m sorry for getting confused on my question here in not asking it correctly. There is a philosophical point of central importance that I am trying to clear up here. It has to do with the fact that fourth-density negative seems to be aware of the first distortion. They are in a nonveiled condition, and they seem to use this knowledge of the first distortion to maintain the situation that they maintain in contacts with this planet. I am trying to extract their ability to understand the mechanism of the first distortion and the consequences of the veiling process and still remain in a mental configuration of separation on the negative path. I hope that I have made myself clear there. I have had a hard time asking this question.

Ra: I am Ra. The answer may still not satisfy the questioner. We ask that you pursue it until you are satisfied.
The fourth-density negative entity has made the choice available to each at third-density harvest. It is aware of the full array of possible methods of viewing the universe of the One Creator and it is convinced that the ignoring and non-use of the green-ray energy center will be the method most efficient in providing harvestability of fourth density. Its operations among those of third density which have not yet made this choice are designed to offer to each the opportunity to consider the self-serving polarity and its possible attractiveness.

which means, the negatively harvestable entity knows of all the aspects of 3rd density, just like how the positive harvestable entity knows. therefore, it knows of fear, it knows of safety, it knows of love, it knows of self love, anger, and all the emotions that 3rd density creates.

it doesnt fall to negativity due to fear, or fears do not take its soul hostage so that it cannot let go. it consciously decides (maybe on a soul level) that negativity is the most efficient. it is a conscious decision.

this is also in conjunction with Ra's description that a higher self sends catalyst (random) to a new 3rd d entity until some kind of bias or preference appears. that means, the new 3d entity is given all kinds of experiences until it starts to prefer any of them.
not to mention that, had fear been the underlying reason for negative polarity, it would be very easy to prevent negative polarization. all you need would be to alleviate the fears an entity had. fear of losing, fear of poverty, fear of failure, fear of loneliness and so on, by creating the proper social or emotional situations in which these fears would become unfounded. it is even possible to alleviate fear of death too, through certain philosophies or beliefs. there are numerous religions, cultures past and present that have eternal existence in their core, and even there are those who had the belief that the current body and form would live on, like egypt. they even had a mummifying industry for that.

yet, ironically the situations, positions in which fears become unfounded, are the ones which produce the negative entities. in wealth and power, negative entities not only find their meaning, but also they particularly choose such incarnations. it should be in the above quotes, if not, its in the same part of Ra material, that negative entities would program lives that would give them the most benefits and amenities, and as a result they would be literally 'brimming with health'.
To radiate energy IS to radiate love.

All energy is love and all that is of this illusion and all densities is the expression of love which is light.

The Infinite One/Infinity IS love.

Love learning and experiencing love.

To serve others is to give your love onto them and due to you giving love to yourself so you shall receive love from yourself. This is how karma works. It's as simple as that - more technicality is just furthering the simple statement into conglomerated distortions

This is how I awakened to realizing that the reason why all is one is because there is no other essence besides love.

Quote:his brings us to the meat of this question, which is, “Is there a ground of being which does not change although things on the surface may change from moment to moment, day to day and year to year?” Yes, my friends, there is indeed a ground of being. For each of you and for all of you it is the same. The ground of being is that one great original Thought, the Logos, which has created all that there is in the seen worlds and in the unseen worlds as well. Another word for that Logos is love. The Creator is love. It is out of that love that all that there is springs. You cannot be other than love. There is no other essence within the creation. When at last you come to the essence of yourself and feel the heart of you, it is a heart full of love. We always greet you in love and in light. When the Creator wished to know Itself, It formed a Logos of Its own essence. That essence is love. In order to manifest that essence It used light, so all that there is is love and light.

-Q'uo

Of course these words should not be taking as etched in stone, but they resonate so strongly with me I cannot turn away from such powerful words by those of Q'uo.

How beautiful, and how thrilling it is to be able to not only trek upon such amazing words but to understand them as well!

Peace be with you!
(07-04-2010, 02:53 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]even, with fdr, one can go to the extent of concluding that he was a power hungry, problematic individual, concluding from his politics games and his sometimes problematic relationship with his wife.

But you do agree that even with all we know, we still don't know him completely don't you?
Pages: 1 2 3