Bring4th

Full Version: How may I begin to free myself from the constraints of the thoughts of other-selves?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Ra: It is also to be noted that an adept is one which has freed itself more and more from the constraints of the thoughts, opinions, and bonds of other-selves.

Is the joyful independence simply a byproduct of awakening? Or are there meditative techniques I can practice to release myself from other-selves' opinions.
I think it's both? I think as one, through meditation, begins to "pierce the veil" and "see things more as they are", it creates a distance from those that are still "plugged into the matrix".

I think it's a byproduct of indigo-ray activation. As one begins to affirm and recognize the perfection of the moment (exercising will & faith), the freedom from judgement occurs.
(09-20-2016, 05:31 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's both? I think as one, through meditation, begins to "pierce the veil" and "see things more as they are", it creates a distance from those that are still "plugged into the matrix".

I think it's a byproduct of indigo-ray activation. As one begins to affirm and recognize the perfection of the moment (exercising will & faith), the freedom from judgement occurs.

I love this!
(09-20-2016, 05:20 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]Is the joyful independence simply a byproduct of awakening? Or are there meditative techniques I can practice to release myself from other-selves' opinions.

I think it is more about coming to your own conclusions about things; rather than accepting society's cookie-cutter, standard viewpoints.

This ties into the activation of blue-ray self-independence, co-creative type mindset.
sjel Wrote:Is the joyful independence simply a byproduct of awakening? Or are there meditative techniques I can practice to release myself from other-selves' opinions.

Sometimes it happens because of a traumatic event, I would say many times in fact. I have read many peoples' stories where they were punched in the stomach by life, and part of their "comeback" resulted in not caring what others think anymore. My story is along those lines, and the getting up again happened in conjunction with meditation, contemplation and prayer.
It seems like the more pain you experience here, the more pleasurable you will find the afterlife to be.
(09-20-2016, 06:52 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like the more pain you experience here, the more pleasurable you will find the afterlife to be.

You can have the joy in this life, Gem, no need to wait for the "afterlife".

Quote:Ra: Even the most unhappy of experiences, shall we say, which seem to occur in the Catalyst of the adept, seen from the viewpoint of the spirit, may, with the discrimination possible in shadow, be worked with until light equaling the light of brightest noon descends upon the adept and positive or service-to-others illumination has occurred.
Upon reflection, it's probably possible to tie this phenomenon to almost each chakra, orange on up - in that as one becomes individuated and accepts themselves as a part of the pack but still outside of it, they must struggle with acceptance of many things, which in turn allows the faculty of judgement to fall away. It reminds me of this:

Quote:80.20 Questioner: Sorry about that. Can you tell me what the twentieth archetype would be?

Ra: I am Ra. That which you call the Sarcophagus in your system may be seen to be the material world, if you will. This material world is transformed by the spirit into that which is infinite and eternal. The infinity of the spirit is an even greater realization than the infinity of consciousness, for consciousness which has been disciplined by will and faith is that consciousness which may contact intelligent infinity directly. There are many things which fall away in the many, many steps of adepthood. We, of Ra, still walk these steps and praise the One Infinite Creator at each transformation.

So, my guess is that a key is that it ties into conscious use of the Transformation cards, particularly picking oneself up in the spirit cycle after the lightning collapses the tower (potentiator). In fact, the original quote is from discussion of the Matrix. It's the honor/duty of using applied knowledge/awareness to create a better reality.

Quote:80.10 Questioner: Now, the fifteenth archetype, which is the Matrix of the Spirit, has been called the Devil. Can you tell me why that is so?

Ra: I am Ra. We do not wish to be facile in such a central query, but we may note that the nature of the spirit is so infinitely subtle that the fructifying influence of light upon the great darkness of the spirit is very often not as apparent as the darkness itself. The progress chosen by many adepts becomes a confused path as each adept attempts to use the Catalyst of the Spirit. Few there are which are successful in grasping the light of the sun. By far, the majority of adepts remain groping in the moonlight and, as we have said, this light can deceive as well as uncover hidden mystery. Therefore, the melody, shall we say, of this matrix often seems to be of a negative and evil, as you would call it, nature.

It is also to be noted that an adept is one which has freed itself more and more from the constraints of the thoughts, opinions, and bonds of other-selves. Whether this is done for service to others or service to self, it is a necessary part of the awakening of the adept. This freedom is seen by those not free as what you would call evil or black. The magic is recognized; the nature is often not.

You gain spiritual insights (potentiator). To go further along the path, you must apply this knowledge to "wake up" out of third density separation. You have two choices upon which to spend your spiritual energy offered by the Faith (catalyst) card: You can choose to take no actions, to disengage, to return all energy to the void (or hoard it for the self), or you can choose to pull from the watery depths of the subconscious to create out of love, to still interact with the third density sphere that we are all a part of, with hope to create beauty. Even if everyone else in the world is telling you otherwise, you have Faith that you are doing the right thing (looking away from that which you are creating - no attachment to the perceived outcome).

[Image: tarot17.jpg]
(09-20-2016, 06:55 PM)YinYang Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2016, 06:52 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like the more pain you experience here, the more pleasurable you will find the afterlife to be.

You can have the joy in this life, Gem, no need to wait for the "afterlife".

Quote:Ra: Even the most unhappy of experiences, shall we say, which seem to occur in the Catalyst of the adept, seen from the viewpoint of the spirit, may, with the discrimination possible in shadow, be worked with until light equaling the light of brightest noon descends upon the adept and positive or service-to-others illumination has occurred.

I think the secret of that is to become one of your parallel selves. I wonder if it just takes imagination, and how you really do it.
I think Jade has got great advice for you.  I just wanted to concur that there seems to be an orange-indigo connection with worthiness and self-esteem.  The immediate source for this assertion stems from this Q'uo reading.  I'll excerpt the relevant part here, but the entire thing is amazing:

Q\uo Wrote:We would say to the questioner that it is well to come into a relationship with the self in which there is no fear, no tension, no judgment, and no tendency towards discouragement. The days of an incarnation are very limited and it is well to win freedom from the judgment towards the self that compromises that relationship of self to self. This instrument has often described the desired result of such work as falling in love with the self. When you are in love with someone, they can do no wrong. They might make an error, but it is a small thing. The essence of that person is so appreciated and seen in such a strong and clear light that there are simply ways to love that entity based on their imperfections as well as their perfections.

It is easier for the thoughtful and sensitive seeker to love another with that kind of romantic glow than it is to love the self with that same aura of deep appreciation and respect and yet, dear one, you deserve it. You have earned it over and over. You are worthy.

When the orange ray is compromised by unworthiness, it reflects upon the indigo ray as well, for the indigo ray is the higher chakra in which the self is steeped in the devotion to the Creator that allows for work in consciousness and for the passage of passive radiation of light.

So you see, there are echoes and inner relationships betwixt the chakra bodies, chakra to chakra to chakra, that are very subtle and impinge upon the situation of how the body manifests unused catalyst.

(my emphasis)

The point here is that there is a connection between orange ray issues of self-to-self and indigo ray opening of the gateway, the activity that exemplifies the adept.  This, I suppose I'm saying, is a potential root of this connection between freeing oneself from others' opinions as a step on the path to adepthood.  This completely reinforces everything Jade is saying.

Secondly, there's a Laitos reading that deals intensively with low self worth issues centered on the orange ray.  It deals with humiliation which of course is a function of one's relation to others' thoughts:

Q\uo Wrote:It is our experience that in order to heal in this area [of humiliation], it is necessary to return to that feeling of lowness and to embrace it, to accept it, to love it, and to allow it to be a part of the self and its beingness that is indeed not separate from others, not separate from the one infinite Creator.

One therefore has the possibility of a kind of humility that has nothing to prove, nothing to overcome, nothing to establish in relation to others so that one can be worthy or bright or can demand respect, obedience or esteem.

In this experience of true humility there is a sense in which the self in its status as fledgling is sent into a proportional relation with the self that has already the crown upon its head. And so, quite properly speaking, there is a relation of self to self that may be registered in this first act of self-worth that is paradoxically given the name of humility.

I hope you find these as helpful as I do!
live in a cave(?), if you want to interact with other-selves karma will manifest, "release myself from other-selves" impossible imo, maybe for a "short" while if you go sts, either way (;s)
(09-20-2016, 05:31 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's both? I think as one, through meditation, begins to "pierce the veil" and "see things more as they are", it creates a distance from those that are still "plugged into the matrix".

ok, i like that. I guess the thing i get caught up on is the "distance" part. John C Lilly said that the goal of his meditative practices was to become both "very close up" and "very far away" at the same time. having a firm foot in both the astral world and this world, essentially. so i guess i don't want to create a distance between me and the asleep entity - i want to love them wholeheartedly! Or are you saying that you love them from a distance?
what keeps you away from them?

either way, you know your answer.

*whistles*
(09-21-2016, 01:22 AM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]

ok, i like that. I guess the thing i get caught up on is the "distance" part. John C Lilly said that the goal of his meditative practices was to become both "very close up" and "very far away" at the same time. having a firm foot in both the astral world and this world, essentially. so i guess i don't want to create a distance between me and the asleep entity - i want to love them wholeheartedly! Or are you saying that you love them from a distance?

If you have to start from a distance, that's okay, but ideally, we're here to interact with others, in the physical realm. As per Ra - start with the mind, then move on to the body, as it is from the mind that physical reality is then created.
IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote:I think the secret of that is to become one of your parallel selves. I wonder if it just takes imagination, and how you really do it.

Ha-ha, no need for fancy tricks like that, it's all inside of you, the whole universe. An infinite fountainhead that never dries up!

The Art of Meditation Wrote:People throughout all time have sought freedom, peace, and plenty; but their search has been primarily through the feverish activity of the human mind. Pleasure and satisfaction have been artificially created, and because of their artificiality, they are neither permanent nor real. Living out from the level of the mind, there must be a continuous round of new pleasures, new faces, and new scenes. There is rarely a truly joyous moment, nor are there periods of rest and relaxation. Freedom, peace, and plenty are not dependent upon circumstances or conditions. Men have been free in chains; they have been free under slavery and oppression; they have found peace in the midst of war; they have survived floods and famine; they have prospered in periods of depression and panic. When the Soul of man is free, it carries him through Red Seas and desert experiences to the Promised Land of spiritual peace. Freedom is a condition of the Soul. As we turn to the kingdom of our inner Self, we find the reign of divine Power in the outer world. As we seek peace within, we find harmony without. We reach the depth of the Soul, and It takes over our existence, providing activity and newness of life, a peace and serenity, the like of which we have never dreamed. We then have achieved the freedom of the Soul, the freedom of grace.
My opinion based on personal experience:

It is much less effective to focus on that aspect of adepthood than it is to focus on the core tenet of adepthood: balance. I decided adepthood was the only worthy pursuit that I could find in this life a few years ago. Since then, in terms of metaphysical pursuits, I have almost exclusively focused on balancing emotionally charged thoughts and situations with their opposite after I naturally let myself experience the catalyst at hand. I didn't consciously keep track of nor really care about my progress, yet found myself much, much further down that path than I thought possible.

So I think the real question for you is: are you truly interested in the path of the adept? Or do you just want to avoid being influenced by the transient aspects of society? Either is perfectly valid, of course.

If you are truly interested in adepthood (which I think should not be taken lightly), not being influenced by societal beliefs comes as a fringe benefit.