Bring4th

Full Version: "Ra Ra Ree ..."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings All.

I may be jumping the gun here, as i've not finished reading the Ra material, but i'm feeling what i think is a desire to touch this forum and -- if possible -- allow this forum to touch me. My familiarity with the terminology is minimal, but I'll use (and likely misuse) it when possible.

I'm getting mixed messages. About all of this. While reading the material, "the voices" say both: "pay attention" and "proceed cautiously."

Even while i type this, i have / feel several "dual" certainties:

1a) i am, and -- at least in this incarnation -- have always been a "wanderer"
1b) i must beware of this 'label' and philosophy ... that to accept any framework as THE Truth or THE explanation is dangerous; that the actuality of Truth cannot be bound in such a thing.

2a) according to this material, my philosophy and nature is overwhelmingly STO
2b) i must refrain from identifying internally as STO ... or with one end of any set of conceptual opposites; my purpose involves ?transcending (?unifying) duality and polarity in general ... and the ?knowledge found in the Ra material feels charged with high potential as both a great asset AND a great threat to that purpose.

3a) i have encountered very similar concepts (in a much simpler form) through personal channels with something also identifying with Ra.
3b) i am not allowed (at least, at this 'time') to verify to myself whether or not the "Ra" i spoke with is the same Ra relaying this material.

there are more, but this 3rd set brings me to the first part of my story.

--

Starting, i believe, in 1995 (my conception of time can be flawed, to say the least), i began "working" with another person of the same physical age (17). We did what we did for approximately a decade and a quarter. She called it "witchcraft" or "shamanism," I called it "reality experimentation." It ended badly. We came to very different conclusions regarding what we experienced together, and the two of us parted to pursue what appeared to be completely opposite directions from the same starting point. I think the Ra material would say she chose to pursue an STS path, while i chose to pursue an STO.

In hindsight, we were told in several different ways by (seemingly) several different sources that exactly this would happen. We did not grasp the meaning at the time.

We both believed we were drawn to this mutual practice to "crack the wall" of mundane existence and glimpse greater truths about reality that the world around us seemed hell-bent on denying or ignoring. Due to childhood brushes with "the impossible"/ "supernatural" / "otherworldly" that we could not accept as fancy nor illusion, we wanted to know what was possible and how ... and to absorb and immerse ourselves in as much of it as we could find.

In the end, she abandoned this goal in favor of "how she was going to survive," and everything we had learned / experienced became -- to her -- a set of tools instead of a thing to be pursued in and of itself.

During our time together, we explored and attempted many ideas and techniques from various world-views and belief systems, just to see if we could "get them working." Judging and understanding them would come later (we were first and foremost seeking experiences that contradicted the world-view we had been taught and reared in).

--

One of the "categories" we gravitated toward (and had significant results with) was "spirit contact." We tried many different techniques with many different results; sometimes together, sometimes separately.

Early on in my experimentation with these techniques, i encountered two 'entities' that spoke only to me (though we often discussed them together and she was sometimes physically present.) They called themselves ATNA and AM-N. We spoke primarily through meditation and a personalized form of ghostwriting. The communication was mostly in the form of symbols (many of which i intuitively understood) and what felt like concepts being directly placed into my mind without the benefit of recognizable language. They gave me symbols to associate with them ... and other symbols for various purposes besides.

Having protestant christian parents, i initially associated "AM-N" with the biblical "Amen." Quite a bit later, during a communication session with AM-N, i was told that this assumption was false, and to look for "Amon." Research revealed that this was a title for an egyptian god named Ra. Research also revealed that many of the symbols AM-N had been using were historically associated with said god. Other symbols AM-N had given me i could not verify historically, but found (often by chance) in association with fictional depictions of Ra. (Though the two felt to be a pair and usually 'appeared' together, i could find no trace of ATNA through the same sources).

AM-N later verified that my research had led me to a correct conclusion ... "He and Ra were One."

--

I have recently (two months ago) stumble upon the LLresearch transcripts. I am extremely curious and a bit confused.

I recognize the concepts and messages Ra gives (most are spookily similar), but i do not recognize the terminology at all, and -- on the whole -- it feels to me both very valid and unnecessarily complex.

Two more bits i find curious: 1) Reading Ra's messages, i get the afore-mentioned "pay close attention / proceed with caution" sensation ... and my emotions seem to be ... (i don't have real words, butSmile 'foggy,' 'soothed,' and 'higher' or 'from above.' I get two strong conflicting feeling-charged-thoughts: "i recognize this" and "i don't recognize this." 2) So far, (i'm still only a few years into the transcripts) the messages bearing names other than Ra trigger a different reaction. Though no clear reactive thoughts bubble up, strong emotions of frustration and (occasionally) anger become so strong that i cannot finish reading them. I eventually have to skip to the next 'transmission' from Ra. I do not understand this reaction, but it is too strong to deny or confuse.

--

As for an "awakening," i'm not sure i can call it that. I have a certainty that i am more than i am. I have always had this certainty, but often forget it for varying periods in order to experience things that this certainty would make impossible. I often 'feel into' or communicate with the part of myself not bound by this form for guidance. I often 'feel' my purpose, and if/how what is currently before me relates to it.

Though I often forget this, i know without a doubt that i am not alone. There are others like me that i cannot see, though i have met one or two in person during my ... 'most intense and trying times(?)'. We are all connected, literally rather than metaphorically. Together we are 'moving something towards something,' from the sidelines and as one, like guardians or ushers. I can ALMOST hear them. I sometimes pretend we're the romantic depictions of angels, but i know this is not a literal truth.

Rather than an "awakening," i feel (more and more) that i'm collecting a deeper and somehow permanent knowledge of .. my own identity(?). This is a patient thing, not urgent (though it was VERY urgent in my teens/twenties).

--

I... don't know what else to type. Back to the transcripts, i suppose Smile

be well.
Greetings OpalE.

I was just reading your other post in the thread concerning negative polarity and I really like how you worded this idea:

(09-25-2016, 02:28 PM)OpalE Wrote: [ -> ]I'm only recently acquainted with the Ra material -- and nowhere near finished reading the transcripts -- so I'm not fully aware of the terminology.  So far, the concepts make me feel like I'm reading a book of my own past thoughts translated into a language that I'm not yet fluent in.

Welcome to the forums!
(09-25-2016, 06:52 PM)octavia Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings OpalE.

I was just reading your other post in the thread concerning negative polarity and I really like how you worded this idea:

(09-25-2016, 02:28 PM)OpalE Wrote: [ -> ]I'm only recently acquainted with the Ra material -- and nowhere near finished reading the transcripts -- so I'm not fully aware of the terminology.  So far, the concepts make me feel like I'm reading a book of my own past thoughts translated into a language that I'm not yet fluent in.

Welcome to the forums!

Blush thanks!
Welcome to the forum opale.
I had similar thoughts regarding the technical and sometimes seemingly over complicated phrasing of the Law of One.
I came to be of the opinion that the writing style seems to serve several purposes.
It ensures precision of communication for one. Nothing can be misconstrued.
Secondly, it encourages the reader to take in and understand esoteric concepts in a way that cuts down on direct quotes and plagiarism, when used in the context of a teaching or reference tool. Instead, relaying the information requires translating LOO jargon into layman's terms, requiring a more holistic almost transcendent interpretation that is unique to each person.
Also, it trains me to hold several, parallel trains of thought simultaneously, due to the often long winded sentences.

I think the two different inclinations you're feeling might stem from a natural side effect in which, through seeking pure forms of truth, you're offered the opportunities to accept other trains of thought.
Go with your heart bro...you already know.
(10-01-2016, 04:01 PM)Kaaron Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forum opale.

Smile  thanks.

(10-01-2016, 04:01 PM)Kaaron Wrote: [ -> ]I had similar thoughts regarding the technical and sometimes seemingly over complicated phrasing of the Law of One.

I think the two different inclinations you're feeling might stem from a natural side effect in which, through seeking pure forms of truth, you're offered the opportunities to accept other trains of thought.
Go with your heart bro...you already know.

These forums have already helped clarify my approach to the Ra materials.  I think you're correct.  Also, though, i've identified the "proceed with caution" feeling.  It's a ... ?certainty? i have that the more successful an attempt to define these concepts with ... ?the structure inherent to written language?, and the more that same structure is mistaken for the truths they attempt to convey ... the more susceptible to external manipulation the messages become.

(09-25-2016, 04:33 PM)OpalE Wrote: [ -> ]I get two strong conflicting feeling-charged-thoughts:  "i recognize this" and "i don't recognize this."   2)  So far, (i'm still only a few years into the transcripts) the messages bearing names other than Ra trigger a different reaction.  Though no clear reactive thoughts bubble up, strong emotions of frustration and (occasionally) anger become so strong that i cannot finish reading them.  I eventually have to skip to the next 'transmission' from Ra.  I do not understand this reaction, but it is too strong to deny or confuse.

The highlighted part is no longer true.

Also, reading the material, this part seems brighter and less able to ignore now as i read:

every LL transcript i\ve read so far Wrote:As the Confederation entities always make a point of saying, please use your discrimination and judgment in assessing this material. If something rings true to you, fine. If something does not resonate, please leave it behind, for neither we nor those of the Confederation would wish to be a stumbling block for any.

I came here because the links "jumped out at me."  I found it difficult to continue reading the actual material, and these forums seemed to be "standing in the way" of me doing so.  Whatever the reason for the pull, it seems to have worked, because i'm now reading the material from the beginning and absorbing it faster and more efficiently.

I probably won't be posting much more here until i've done a full read-through, but i'd like to thank everyone participating in these forums for helping me overcome my difficulties associated with it.

Smile   be well!
I DO have one question. There is a game called "Leela," created by Deepak Chopra. It exists in several formats, but i possess the Xbox 360 Kinect format.

It seems to use much of the terminology and many of the concepts found in the Ra material.

To any who feel so inclined to answer: What are your thoughts / judgements regarding this game?
Hello Dear OpalE,

Thank You for sharing so eloquently your experiences here with Us.

I also had many moments with The Law of One when I was so irritated that I had to put it aside – sometimes for weeks. But I’ve never skipped anything because I wanted to know everything this Idea contains and than to judge it / test it. I’m wondering what exactly is the nature of your anger at this Material? Is it because presented concepts angry You in some way? Or maybe because what is suggested is not consistent with the content of your own experience?

I think that your “two ways” with this material are aiding You greatly in being centered / balanced while learning this Information. I would suggest to delay judging part (or “trying on part”) and to make honest and your Best attempt to build/create “whole picture” described by Ra. Some concepts are indeed quite far-out but in overall take they are the “meaning-blocks” that tries to describe non-material environment to the material creature. Our limitations/nature of understanding requires symbols/concepts to operate with and to create representations of phenomenon/environments not directly available to default human being perception/comprehension.
I myself prefer structure, so I was Grateful for Ra’s Teachings/Learnings. Words of Ra and Seth organized/uncluttered/brought Order to my Understanding and gave me some sort of “springboard” for/in my own Seekings.

If content of Ra Materials is Valid, theoretically due to enlarged/broader Understanding You should be more receptive for experiences of non-material nature. Especially that You’ve wrote of couple of those in your past that were continuous/systematic – i.e. your relation with AM-N.

About that – I’m wondering how did You learned to write this name? Especially interesting for me is dash/hyphen/em dash. Because if You’ve wrote it from “hearing”, this Entity would simply made pause and it would be “AM N” (?)
Please excuse my minuteness of detail – it’s something I’m struggling with during my current existence.

(09-25-2016, 04:33 PM)OpalE Wrote: [ -> ](...)
We are all connected, literally rather than metaphorically.  Together we are 'moving something towards something,' from the sidelines and as one, like guardians or ushers.  I can ALMOST hear them.  I sometimes pretend we're the romantic depictions of angels, but i know this is not a literal truth.
(…)

I liked that expression/description of inner events. I also think You are right.

Rather than an "awakening," i feel (more and more) that i'm collecting a deeper and somehow permanent knowledge of .. my own identity(?).  This is a patient thing, not urgent (though it was VERY urgent in my teens/twenties).
(...)

May word/label/symbol “collecting” be replaced with “building” or “sculpturing” from the point of view of your Understanding / the way You approach Self/Other Self/Creation?

Literally a moment ago a thought approached me regarding your “two ways” situation.

Thought content: If you were a Wanderer of the Ra Social Memory Complex You might would have some issues with this Material. I have no idea what kind of issues though. Glitch-like maybe?

Welcome to the Forum.

All I have Best in me for You
Welcome. Tell the voices I say Hi.
Thanks for sharing, OpalE. Your own journey is of most importance. There's nothing wrong with being uncertain, and definitely nothing wrong with being unaffiliated with a particular approach or philosophy or teaching. Some of the questions you're pondering are things I still ponder, and their reward, I feel, does not come from having them answered. Just my 2¢.
Thanks for the welcomes, all  Smile    

I don't have a lot of time for this sitting, so i'll just hit the easiest ones until i can sit for a longer spell:

(10-06-2016, 04:53 PM)third-density-being Wrote: [ -> ]About that – I’m wondering how did You learned to write this name? Especially interesting for me is dash/hyphen/em dash. Because if You’ve wrote it from “hearing”, this Entity would simply made pause and it would be “AM N” (?)
Please excuse my minuteness of detail – it’s something I’m struggling with during my current existence.

It sort of was AM N.  Two syllables with no vowel connecting them.

Communication was ?internal? (mind's eye / direct concept), but at the time i was using paper and pen for external focus and clarification.  When asked for clarification on the pad, AM.N was written (in all caps) ... but the period was in the center of the line.  I don't know offhand how to make that symbol with the keyboard, so i just settled for a hyphen  Wink

[/quote]

(10-07-2016, 01:17 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome. Tell the voices I say Hi.

They know you.  Nothing 'said,' but definitely chimed in an acknowledgement when i read this  Smile
A head nod with bright eyes and no facial expression.  (I don't usually 'see' them; almost never eyes).
(10-12-2016, 06:16 PM)OpalE Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the welcomes, all  Smile    

I don't have a lot of time for this sitting, so i'll just hit the easiest ones until i can sit for a longer spell:

(10-06-2016, 04:53 PM)third-density-being Wrote: [ -> ]About that – I’m wondering how did You learned to write this name? Especially interesting for me is dash/hyphen/em dash. Because if You’ve wrote it from “hearing”, this Entity would simply made pause and it would be “AM N” (?)

It sort of was AM N.  Two syllables with no vowel connecting them.

Communication was ?internal? (mind's eye / direct concept), but at the time i was using paper and pen for external focus and clarification.  When asked for clarification on the pad, AM.N was written (in all caps) ... but the period was in the center of the line.  I don't know offhand how to make that symbol with the keyboard, so i just settled for a hyphen  Wink

(10-07-2016, 01:17 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome. Tell the voices I say Hi.

They know you.  Nothing 'said,' but definitely chimed in an acknowledgement when i read this  Smile
A head nod with bright eyes and no facial expression.  (I don't usually 'see' them; almost never eyes).
[/quote]

We are acquainted having worked towards similar endeavours in other times and places. Allies will recognize eachother no matter how different the face is. Wishing you and yours well, there will be work to do in the future.
all right ... i have a whole night/morning to myself, so as promised:

(10-06-2016, 04:53 PM)third-density-being Wrote: [ -> ]I’m wondering what exactly is the nature of your anger at this Material? Is it because presented concepts angry You in some way? Or maybe because what is suggested is not consistent with the content of your own experience?

I'm not sure.  The anger was with anyone channeled other than Ra, and when i started the transcripts again after fiddling in these forums, i noticed it was gone.

As far as whether "what is suggested is not consistent with the content of your own experience," so far, it is ... very much so.  That may actually be part of what bothers me.  It ties so much so completely together, that something in me doesn't trust it.  Half of me is "remembering that this is true" and nodding along in agreement, while the other half seems to be grasping me firmly and saying in a stern voice "careful, it's a trap.  learn it from the outside, but don't lock yourself inside."

Ah.  Thank you for taking me there.  I had a flash while typing the above, and I'm pretty sure i understand the 'stern voice' now.  It's just a warning that completely subscribing to any system in its entirety gives would-be enemies a map to study ... a 'window into your head' so to speak, and a tool with which to predict your movements.  "Be formless and adaptive," that same voice says.

(10-06-2016, 04:53 PM)third-density-being Wrote: [ -> ]
Rather than an "awakening," i feel (more and more) that i'm collecting a deeper and somehow permanent knowledge of .. my own identity(?).  This is a patient thing, not urgent (though it was VERY urgent in my teens/twenties).
(...)

May word/label/symbol “collecting” be replaced with “building” or “sculpturing” from the point of view of your Understanding / the way You approach Self/Other Self/Creation?

Hmm.  Maybe.

I think from "inside the illusion of time" building or sculpturing definitely applies, but i sort of see it and feel it more as:  "building a bridge or channel into that illusion for the part of myself that is already One to cross and work through at will and with ease."

(10-06-2016, 04:53 PM)third-density-being Wrote: [ -> ]
Literally a moment ago a thought approached me regarding your “two ways” situation.

Thought content: If you were a Wanderer of the Ra Social Memory Complex You might would have some issues with this Material. I have no idea what kind of issues though. Glitch-like maybe?

I actually had an ... ?insight ... ?communication ... that was directly related to this less than two days ago:

I'm not supposed to have a permanent awakening; at least, not yet.  I have ... ?work to do? that requires me to enter situations with certain prejudices and ... ?mindsets? at various times and places.  I've been aware of this since my early teens, but only occasionally remember.  There are actually several points in time i clearly remember choosing to "step into the fog" in preparation for something i knew was coming or wanted to accomplish.  Another example:  I recently came across an old journal entry in which i'd written:  "you won't remember any of this later.  you have to do something, and you won't believe any of it while it's happening if you remember this;" when i read it, i remembered (and could see in the events of the several following years) that i 'knew' that some illusions and self-deceptions are necessary to even conceive of (much less have) certain desires, motivations, and/or experiences.

There's also a frequent state i call "moments of clarity," in which i know and remember exactly who/what i am.  I can feel a direct connection to "my true self" which is indistinguishable from everything else.  There is no doubt at these times, just feeling and certainty ... but later, when the mindstate has passed, the entire experience seems silly and overly hopeful.  I think an "awakening" would be that state permanently.

There is a song by The Church called "Feel" that makes me remember it vaguely every time i hear it.
i just reread my last post. :-/

I have no idea why i thought that last bit was "directly related" to the quote, because i don't see it now. Tempted to edit it, but leaving it be.