Bring4th

Full Version: ______
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
_______
I had a few experiences at random, I got the impression I just need to practice daily if I care to unveil the ability.

imo the "I am dreaming" method is more efficient toward awakening altogether. You are dreaming, and you should ask yourself how lucid you currently are in this dream.
The method you use is what I use and it's the most effective I believe. It has to become part of your consciousness in your regular state so it carries over. Don't expect it to happen a lot right away. The other I use is a dream journal..to just flex your dream memory..it helps with building a focus on that world, which seems to be the key.
Try holding onto the state between waking and sleeping for long periods of time by deeply relaxing, with your eyes closed. If you get good at holding onto this hypnagogic state you can do what is a called a WILD (wake induced lucid dream).

A technique you can use to gain control of your descent into subconsciousness is to lie on your back and bend your forearm at your elblow so that is pointing upwards toward the ceiling. As you relax and get closer to the sleep state you will naturally lose control of your arm and it will fall down, waking you up. It will stop you from losing complete consciousness. But after enough practice you will simply be able to hold onto your waking memories into the sleep state.

Its a really good method to use if you are really tired, because you will fall sleep extremely quickly, and this gets you used to maintaining a thread of conscious awareness as you withdraw from normal levels of consciousness.
desire it as hard as you can. that's the only "method" i've ever used & i've gone lucid more times than i can count. i think it's mainly about getting lucky, though. so, i wish you good luck!

the last time i had a lucid dream, which was not too long ago, i felt myself starting to wake from it - after having been lucid for a really long time. then i said out loud to no one in particular, "PLEASE LET ME STAY HERE..." & then i quit feeling like i was about to wake up & got to stay a few more minutes. it was pretty awesome. it was like my hs (or someone) granted my plea. after the extra few minutes i got i ended up waking up suddenly without feeling it coming. i guess so i couldn't beg to stay any longer again haha.
______
______
It can take a month or several months. Like isis said, intention is key. It will happen!

I've started having dreams where I'm unable to convince myself that I'm dreaming, which can be a little unsettling at times. Also, I've also started having deja vu or experience what I call false memories in dreams..where what is happening is familiar or what seems to be a memory even though it never happened. Anyone else have this happen?