Bring4th

Full Version: what is "work in consciousness"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how do you understand this particular expression?
Working in imagination, deciphering meanings, expanding meanings, expanding belief systems, creating reality consciously, creating own meanings that plunge into the depths of intelligent infinity and various realities, communicating constantly with the inner self, trusting in the perfection of the present moment, using intuition and aiding others with increased greatness, working in reality through mental subtlety, coming to clarity, interpreting reality through clarity, awakening psychic powers, awakening the third eye, exploring various realities through the third eye, communicating with time/space, communicating consciously with higher density teach/learners, creating an extraordinary life through mental work alone, coming to deep joy and deep love of all things etc.

This quote comes to mind:
Quote:...More importantly, the time/space mind/body/spirit analog, which is evoked as the magical personality, has its only opportunity to gain rapidly from the experience of the catalytic action available to the third-density space/time mind/body/spirit. Thus the adept is aiding the Creator greatly by offering great catalyst to a greater portion of the creation which is identified as the mind/body/spirit totality of an entity.
so is there an element of 'effort' in this, in the sense of say trying to push or move a heavy boulder?

or is that an in-apt analogy, that comes from the physical world, and consciousness is less about exertion per se, and more about fineness of discernment and a careful and refined application of focus, which is not necessarily about expenditure of energy?

that is not to say that there isn't mental and spiritual 'energy'; but more that it's like a consequence, rather than a pre-requisite.
I can't say with surety as I'm not "there" yet. But I think merely the focus of awareness is different. It's a state of being. More can be done. If no effort is made, then all concentration is exerted upon a particular range of activity with more intensity. If effort is made, then consciousness dwells in channeling other realities and other avenues of experience are opened. It is about allowing inner information to flow to the outer ego and act upon that information. Most deny the existence of inner information or are not aware of its existence, which is why their experience does not include it. Dreams are a portion of inner information.

I think that an 'ordinary' state of being is something that you can comfortably handle, which requires no effort. There are different focuses to "ordinary" state, which is exactly defined by the points of energy centers. Thus some are focused only on personal identity, others are more philosophical, some are conscious co-creators. The important thing to realize is that when the self is balanced, all the higher aspects of personality are contained while retaining the focus of lower aspects, but lower aspects do not include the higher ones. In that sense, there is no heavyweight lifting in the ordinary state. It is just a different focus of awareness.
Quote:There comes a moment in the life of an adept, when the hardships he has passed through are a thousandfold rewarded. In order to acquire further knowledge, he has no more to go through a minute and slow process of investigation and comparison of various objects, but is accorded an instantaneous, implicit insight into every first truth. The adept sees and feels and lives in the very source of all fundamental truths --- the Universal Spiritual Essence of Nature.
-KH, ML 241

Quote:"When our great Buddha --- the patron of all the adepts, the reformer and the codifier of the occult system, reached first Nirvana on earth, he became a Planetary Spirit; i.e. --- his spirit could at one and the same time rove the interstellar spaces in full consciousness, and continue at will on Earth in his original and individual body. For the divine Self had so completely disfranchised itself from matter that it could create at will an inner substitute for itself, and leaving it in the human form for days, weeks, sometimes years, affect in no wise by the change either the vital principle or the physical mind of its body. That is the highest form of adeptship man can hope for on our planet. But it is as rare as the Buddhas themselves.  Many are those who "break through the egg-shell," few who, once out are able to exercise their Nirira namastaka fully, when completely out of the body. Conscious life in Spirit is as difficult for some natures as swimming is for some bodies. The planetary Spirit of that kind (the Buddha like) can pass at will into other bodies --- of more or less etherialised matter, inhabiting other regions of the Universe."
-KH, ML 43-44
_______
Thoughts are things, i.e. permanent creations with their own existence and vitality after we've stopped thinking them.

Thoughts create and manifest events. Events are psychological objects. In the same way the soul manifests/creates the body, thoughts manifest/create experiences.

As within, so without. Your personal reality/external environment and life is a reflection of your inner state and reality.

Work in consciousness begins with accepting these principles. Then by aligning thought, word and deed with your personal ideal of Who You Really Are and The Greatest Personal Vision of Who You Want to Be.

You change yourself, you change the world, by changing your mind.

Work in consciousness is a recapitulation of the Original Thought; to use Will and Intention to call forth specific experiences from the Unmanifest.

To what end, to what purpose? You choose.

But the Means, the Way, is by working with, by, on and through Consciousness Itself.
(10-01-2016, 09:19 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]how do you understand this particular expression?

I would describe simply as building up deliberate momentum in consciousness, in some direction or another.
(10-01-2016, 12:35 PM)ricdaw Wrote: [ -> ]Work in consciousness begins with accepting these principles.  Then by aligning thought, word and deed with your personal ideal of Who You Really Are and The Greatest Personal Vision of Who You Want to Be.

So there's definitely a self-responsibility aspect to that.  In the sense of the self/entity being their own architect?

(10-01-2016, 12:41 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]I would describe simply as building up deliberate momentum in consciousness, in some direction or another.

so you would tie it directly back to polarity?  or is it conceivable to do 'work in consciousness' that is not tied to positive or negative outcomes/intentions?

Anyway, I know the parameters of the discussion are somewhat vague ... reflecting my own 'grasping' in this area that is equally as clumsy (at present).
(10-01-2016, 11:18 AM)Verum Occultum Wrote: [ -> ]I can't say with surety as I'm not "there" yet. But I think merely the focus of awareness is different. It's a state of being. More can be done. If no effort is made, then all concentration is exerted upon a particular range of activity with more intensity. If effort is made, then consciousness dwells in channeling other realities and other avenues of experience are opened. It is about allowing inner information to flow to the outer ego and act upon that information. Most deny the existence of inner information or are not aware of its existence, which is why their experience does not include it. Dreams are a portion of inner information.

I think that an 'ordinary' state of being is something that you can comfortably handle, which requires no effort. There are different focuses to "ordinary" state, which is exactly defined by the points of energy centers. Thus some are focused only on personal identity, others are more philosophical, some are conscious co-creators. The important thing to realize is that when the self is balanced, all the higher aspects of personality are contained while retaining the focus of lower aspects, but lower aspects do not include the higher ones. In that sense, there is no heavyweight lifting in the ordinary state. It is just a different focus of awareness.

Those are definitely some great Thoughts.  Thank you!
(10-01-2016, 10:54 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]so is there an element of 'effort' in this, in the sense of say trying to push or move a heavy boulder?

or is that an in-apt analogy, that comes from the physical world, and consciousness is less about exertion per se, and more about fineness of discernment and a careful and refined application of focus, which is not necessarily about expenditure of energy?

that is not to say that there isn't mental and spiritual 'energy'; but more that it's like a consequence, rather than a pre-requisite.

As I view it, yeah, sort of...but there's more to it.

At one stage there's a sequence of advances in personal understanding or polarity (spiritual charge enabling "work in spirit") or the will to serve.  At a further stage, the sequence of advances begins to compress and amplify so that all are moving forward in much swifter rhythm.  In other words, a growth spurt in the will to serve quickly triggers more polarity, quickly leads to deeper understanding which quickly triggers....  Thus, the process of being becomes a flow of growing, serving energy, and consequence and pre-requisite are of little consequence, so to speak.

When I used the phrase "work in spirit" (or in "consciousness") above, I was referring to specific work such as offering divine love, healing opportunities, discerning information from spirit, etc.  But I do agree with the implication further above that the mere act of refining one's instrument is likewise doing "work in consciousness" and of considerable service.  I would lump such refinement in with personal understanding above.

Have you not found this to  be so?
(10-01-2016, 01:26 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]so you would tie it directly back to polarity?  or is it conceivable to do 'work in consciousness' that is not tied to positive or negative outcomes/intentions?

I think work in consciousness can be done that is not polarized, however, doing the work in consciousness we call "polarizing" will increase ones ability to perform greater works in consciousness, be they polarized or not, because polarity is synonymous with increasing power and awareness. The power generated by polarity is the augmentation of ones self concept relative to unity.

Essentially, polarity is doing the work in consciousness that increases ones orientation towards unity, which facilitates a greater tapping into the power resident in infinite consciousness.

An organic and natural way to think about it from my perspective is in terms of attention. Attention is the power of consciousness. It is the shape of awareness at at given time. When one comes into cooperative action with other souls, they pour their attention and focus into the same goals and activities, in a cooperative manner, creating a massive amount of non-contradicted, or unresisted, intelligent energy (i.e. a social memory complex).

Similarly, when negative beings comes together, they pour their attention and efforts into the same goals, usually some kind of manipulation of other-selves (which is done through manipulating their attention, which effectually gets the victims to unconsciously assist in creating the reality the negatives want).

Other types of work in consciousness could includes things like changing beliefs and habitual patterns, which are really just patterns of attention/thought that have become extraordinarily efficient and non contradicted.
(10-01-2016, 01:41 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Have you not found this to  be so?

yes, I think you've expressed things well peregrine.

There's definitely an acceleration in this Process, when the pieces 'cohere' more strongly.
(10-01-2016, 01:50 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]...polarity is synonymous with increasing power and awareness. The power generated by polarity is the augmentation of ones self concept relative to unity.

Essentially, polarity is doing the work in consciousness that increases ones orientation towards unity, which facilitates a greater tapping into the power resident in infinite consciousness.

An organic and natural way to think about it from my perspective is in terms of attention.

I'm not trying to quarrelsome, but I'm not sure that polarity looks that way at all.

Ra-dude Wrote:28.18 Questioner: Thank you. When this major galaxy is formed by the Logos, polarity then exists in a sense that we have electrical polarity, a gravitational effect that probably isn’t polarity, I’m… I’ll have to ask that question… We do have electrical polarity existing at that time. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. I accept this as correct with the stipulation that what you term electrical be understood as not only the one, Larson, stipulated its meaning but also in what you would call the metaphysical sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems clear that polarity is the metaphysical charge that allows work to be done, like the "juice" in a battery.  Polarity does not generate power, it is the power, and it's not attention.  Attention guides or focuses consciousness, it does not empower it in this sense.

If one accepts this, it brings up a novel question.  When Ra speaks of 51% polarization, that's 51% of what, exactly?  Of stored potential, whether large or small, or beginning at some specific threshold of potential energy or greater?  When someone avers that she is more than 51% polarized, in simple terms, what is that a reference to?

I would say that this simplistic view of this model cracks apart here until you factor in the element of the will to serve with it.  Along with these, you have to bear in mind the most obvious indicator of what this all amounts to, viz., the ability to thrive upon more intense light which then allows one to do more "work in consciousness," right?)

Ra-dude Wrote:71.2 Questioner: I have several different questions. In this session I hope to establish, by searching around with several different types of questions, a point of entry into an investigation that will be fruitful. I would first ask is it possible to increase polarity without increasing harvestability?
Ra: I am Ra. The connection between polarization and harvestability is most important in third-density harvest. In this density an increase in the serving of others or the serving of self will almost inevitably increase the ability of an entity to enjoy an higher intensity of light. Thus in this density, we may say, it is hardly possible to polarize without increasing in harvestability.

One more thing would I add here.  When one emphasizes the difficulties inherent in gauging one's polarity--such as dear old other self Jeremy6d is wont to do from time to time--one should also consider exploring to what extent one can breathe in and metabolize what density of light to get some sense of one's progress along the way.  How you set up that gauge for yourself is an interesting question.  One worthy of exploration, in my--uh, not so remarkably humble--point of view.
(10-01-2016, 05:42 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]
Ra-dude Wrote:28.18 Questioner: Thank you. When this major galaxy is formed by the Logos, polarity then exists in a sense that we have electrical polarity, a gravitational effect that probably isn’t polarity, I’m… I’ll have to ask that question… We do have electrical polarity existing at that time. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. I accept this as correct with the stipulation that what you term electrical be understood as not only the one, Larson, stipulated its meaning but also in what you would call the metaphysical sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems clear that polarity is the metaphysical charge that allows work to be done, like the "juice" in a battery.  Polarity does not generate power, it is the power, and it's not attention.  Attention guides or focuses consciousness, it does not empower it in this sense.

Well, peregrine, it is just my opinion and personal perspective, but all of these concepts: polarity, metaphysical electricity, attention, power -- they are all intimately related. You are correct that it is more complicated than just "attention". But its a big part of the concept, albeit a bit of an oversimplification.

The most pithy and eloquent analogy I can give you is that of water.

Let's say water is like consciousness/attention/awareness (we can split conceptual hairs if you like, but I think you get my drift), and "will" is like water pressure. The direction of that water pressure (desire), is the direction of the polarity. However, the "strength" of that directional movement (the will) is the strength of the polarity -- again, the amount of water pressure is the capacity it has to perform work.

So while "will" is not precisely "attention", I would certainly describe it as "consciously directed attention or intent". Unconscious will might be termed simply: desire. It has vibrational momentum, just as the conscious application of will does, but it is not being deliberately tuned by devotion, and as such, is subject to the energy scattering effect that is known as spiritual entropy.

So to increase one's polarity is to increase your conscious dedication to service to others, or service to self, in thought and behavior (they are ultimately the same thing). It is to increase the orientation and focus of the consciousness towards either a more pure state of radiation or a more pure state of absorption. The more water pressure there is (will), the more water (consciousness) is summoned forward to match that manifestation (and vice versa -- they are directly proportional). Can't have pressure without water and vice versa. Another, or alternative way of relating this concept is the idea of "spiritual mass" and "spiritual gravity".

These are directly proportionate to one another, and to increase ones spiritual gravity reflexively calls forth the accumulation of an equivalent degree of spiritual mass. Spiritual gravity is love/light or light/love (which I would characterize as intelligent energy or "pure attention") and spiritual mass is awareness. This is why real polarization brings you closer to the creator -- you automatically begin to accumulate spiritual mass.

Again, these are my personal understandings, based on my study and experiences. If you have a different perspective, more power to you, but this is how I presently see it.  

(10-01-2016, 05:42 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]If one accepts this, it brings up a novel question.  When Ra speaks of 51% polarization, that's 51% of what, exactly?  Of stored potential, whether large or small, or beginning at some specific threshold of potential energy or greater?  When someone avers that she is more than 51% polarized, in simple terms, what is that a reference to?

In my opinion to be 51% positively polarized is to spend 51% of your attention (thoughts/word/deed) on the well-being on otherselves, and 50% of your attention (thought/word/deed) on the well-being of self. And to be 95% negatively polarized is to spend 5% of your attention (thoughts/word/deed) on the well-being on otherselves, and 95% of your attention (thought/word/deed) on the well-being of self.
(10-01-2016, 01:26 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2016, 12:35 PM)ricdaw Wrote: [ -> ]Work in consciousness begins with accepting these principles.  Then by aligning thought, word and deed with your personal ideal of Who You Really Are and The Greatest Personal Vision of Who You Want to Be.

So there's definitely a self-responsibility aspect to that.  In the sense of the self/entity being their own architect?

Well . . . I just wonder who would go to the effort to work with Consciousness, if there was no end or purpose to it? It's not like watching TV. I did not mean to imply responsibility so much as to capture purpose. STOs might do the work to help others as their primary motivation, and yet at the same time they would define themselves and make themselves who they want to be. STS folks would work in consciousness for the self and power, maybe even to hurt or control others. That too makes them who they are.

It's hard to untangle what you do from what you become. Chicken/egg.
(10-01-2016, 06:41 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]Let's say water is like consciousness/attention/awareness (we can split conceptual hairs if you like, but I think you get my drift), and "will" is like water pressure. The direction of that water pressure (desire), is the direction of the polarity. However, the "strength" of that directional movement (the will) is the strength of the polarity -- again, the amount of water pressure is the capacity it has to perform work.

So while "will" is not precisely "attention", I would certainly describe it as "consciously directed attention or intent". Unconscious will might be termed simply: desire. It has vibrational momentum, just as the conscious application of will does, but it is not being deliberately tuned by devotion, and as such, is subject to the energy scattering effect that is known as spiritual entropy.

So to increase one's polarity is to increase your conscious dedication to service to others, or service to self, in thought and behavior (they are ultimately the same thing). It is to increase the orientation and focus of the consciousness towards either a more pure state of radiation or a more pure state of absorption. The more water pressure there is (will), the more water (consciousness) is summoned forward to match that manifestation (and vice versa -- they are directly proportional). Can't have pressure without water and vice versa. Another, or alternative way of relating this concept is the idea of "spiritual mass" and "spiritual gravity".

Hey, if that model works for you, I have no desire to discourage you from it.  I just don't agree with it.  <smile>

For instance, you say that will or desire create the pressure to drive the water, and its direction determines + or - polarity.  I say that will or desire may give direction, and maybe some power, but most of the power is due to a polarized differential of energy that has little to do with will, directly.  Example: I strongly desire to offer comfort and love through spirit out to people within my community in a powerful and effective way.  I may use my will and desire all I like, but if I have weak polarity, it can have only a marginal effect.  On the other hand, if my polarity is mighty, then my will may be only casual, yet much energy is delivered where it is accepted.  I've seen examples of both and have experienced some degree of both.

In my view, a strong desire to serve does not increase the ability to do work, rather, it opens the door to more possibilities to do work.  Showing up and doing the work is what enables one to do more work, and the more skillfully you do so, the more quickly your polarity builds...if you're lucky.

Skipping now to spiritual gravity or mass, these, I would aver, are ways of describing one's capacity to enjoy and work with denser light.  The more advanced a being in this pursuit, the greater its ability to do work in consciousness, i.e., work in spirit to respond to calls for help or creatively assist the purification of energies, etc.

There it is, for what it may be worth.
(10-01-2016, 08:22 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ][/i]For instance, you say that will or desire create the pressure to drive the water, and its direction determines + or - polarity.  I say that will or desire may give direction, and maybe some power, but most of the power is due to a polarized differential of energy that has little to do with will, directly.  Example: I strongly desire to offer comfort and love through spirit out to people within my community in a powerful and effective way.  I may use my will and desire all I like, but if I have weak polarity, it can have only a marginal effect.  On the other hand, if my polarity is mighty, then my will may be only casual, yet much energy is delivered where it is accepted.  I've seen examples of both and have experienced some degree of both.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts peregrine, I find them interesting, but have similar disagreements with them.  

I guess I find this conceptualization a bit strange, because to me, the efficacy of a given act is not determined *BY* polarity, but rather, it *IS* an expression of the polarity. So if one is highly polarized, it simply means they are highly oriented towards radiating towards others, without expectation of return. So the polarity, in this context, would be the strength of ones dedication, or will, to serving others. That will, or strength of orientation, is what I would conceptualize as a kind of "momentum" in consciousness, and that is what I feel most accurately represents the metaphysical electricity that Ra refers to when they talk about polarity. It could also be thought of as an increased degree of "orientation towards oneness". Even in the case of negative polarity, I would describe it as an orientation towards oneness, because to purely control others, is to, in a manner of speaking, "collect their souls" into oneself. The difference with positive polarity is that the "coming together in oneness" is volitional, rather than dominative. Both result in a gathering of power, because unity *is* power, among other things.

[attachment=1557]

Perhaps we can use the term “conscious" for an entity in the third dimension as:  A state of awareness of self and other, where the complete range of possibilities is made available, and “subconscious" as the portion of those possibilities that is not accessible to the entity in a given present moment of its experience.

There is also the state of “unconsciousness", where the being is unable to respond to external stimuli, which for our purposes here may include the states of sleep and coma. The question can then be looked at as a proportionate use of the conscious state over the subconscious state.

We utilize habits to respond to the modern catalyst of survival. This allows us to act through our subconscious mind, without direction from our conscious attention. This “autopilot” function is not a bad thing, it can even help us improve our attention, by allowing the mind to “attend" to other things. But then, we are dependent upon the work of the conscious state that established those habits in the first place to direct our attention.  

Polarity is direction given to those actions through faith and attention over time, which can overturn the balance of subconscious and conscious experience and result in a development of the higher chakras.

When we are harvestable in the third dimension, our attention is no longer guided by our wish, but by our will, no longer through habits are were acting, but through our own intentions. Wanderers may not find as much success with certain kinds of conscious work, as they might not have the deep connection with the Yellow Ray vehicles.

75.24: “(Ra) There are many Wanderers whom you may call adepts who do no conscious work in the present incarnation. It is a matter of
           attention.  
          One may be a fine catcher of your game sphere, but if the eye is not turned as this sphere is tossed then perchance it will pass the entity by. If it
          turned its eyes upon the sphere, catching would be easy."

The Service to _____  polarities are not just about good and bad, the positive and negative forces are used to strengthen the faith and the attention. When we are comfortable and happy it is easy to become less conscious- when we are making a sacrifice of our time or energy doing something that is not a part of our habits, already established, to benefit others, something we may not want to do or like to do, but intentionally, we can be brought back to a more conscious and aware state of being.  

From 42.12:

“… What are the techniques of programming which the higher self uses to ensure that the desired lessons are learned or          
             attempted by the third-density self in our third-density incarnational laboratory?

Ra: I am Ra. There is but one technique for this growing or nurturing of will and faith, and that is the focusing of the attention. The attention
           span of those you call children is considered short. The spiritual attention span of most of your peoples is that of the child. Thus it is a matter
           of wishing to become able to collect one’s attention and hold it upon the desired programming.

This, when continued, strengthens the will. The entire activity can only occur when there exists faith that an outcome of this discipline is
         possible."

So we start with short attention spans, but as we wish for the power of will because of faith, we keep returning the attention to the desire for a higher state of being. The attention is directed by our wish, our wish is strengthened by our faith. Our faith is based on our knowledge. Once our will is strong enough it allows us to direct the attention beyond our simple wish. We thusly develop habits so that even when the light of consciousness fades, our activity continues to be guided by this force.

I understand it as personal inner work, such as mindfulness, awareness, balance, forgiveness, beingness. Work in consciousness includes meditation, visualization, knowing the self. I count it as indigo ray work.

In broad terms I would say it's walking the spiritual path with mindfulness and awareness. But I have friends who don't consciously walk the spiritual path, yet nevertheless, they walk their unique path and it includes work in consciousness, whether they label it as such or not.

I think there are many different personal meanings. But discipline of the personality is along the same lines.
(10-02-2016, 08:21 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]I understand it as personal inner work, such as mindfulness, awareness, balance, forgiveness, beingness. Work in consciousness includes meditation, visualization, knowing the self. I count it as indigo ray work.

In broad terms I would say it's walking the spiritual path with mindfulness and awareness. But I have friends who don't consciously walk the spiritual path, yet nevertheless, they walk their unique path and it includes work in consciousness, whether they label it as such or not.

I think there are many different personal meanings. But discipline of the personality is along the same lines.

Does this mean you disagree with my post?  I am saying that consciousness is only possible with awareness. Moreover, it is only the portion of our awareness that we are able to access with our attention in a given moment.
As an example, I may be aware that my keys are on the table- because I put them there- but when I begin looking for them, that knowledge is not accessible to my consciousness.

Can "mindfulness, awareness, balance, forgiveness, beingness...meditation, visualization [and] knowing the self occur without conscious work?
If so how?
If conscious work is "walking the spiritual path with mindfulness and awareness", the what of your friends who are not on the "spiritual path?' how is their work in consciousness different?

(10-01-2016, 08:47 PM)herald Wrote: [ -> ]Polarity is direction given to those actions through faith and attention over time, which can overturn the balance of subconscious and conscious experience and result in a development of the higher chakras.

When we are harvestable in the third dimension, our attention is no longer guided by our wish, but by our will, no longer through habits are were acting, but through our own intentions. Wanderers may not find as much success with certain kinds of conscious work, as they might not have the deep connection with the Yellow Ray vehicles.

75.24: “(Ra) There are many Wanderers whom you may call adepts who do no conscious work in the present incarnation. It is a matter of
           attention.  
          One may be a fine catcher of your game sphere, but if the eye is not turned as this sphere is tossed then perchance it will pass the entity by. If it
          turned its eyes upon the sphere, catching would be easy."

With all due respect, other self, I do not find these arguments to be supported by the channeled material.  Polarity has no direction.  I repeat...it is a power differential that allows work in conscious to be done.

Ra-buddy Wrote:19.18 Questioner: I assume that an entity on either path can decide to choose paths at any time and possibly retrace steps, the path-changing being more difficult the farther along is gone. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. The further an entity has, what you would call, polarized, the more easily this entity may change polarity, for the more power and awareness the entity will have.  Those truly helpless are those who have not consciously chosen but who repeat patterns without knowledge of the repetition or the meaning of the pattern.

19.19 Questioner: I believe we have a very, very important point here. It then seems that there is an extreme potential in this polarization the same as there is in— to make an analogy, using electricity: We have a positive and negative pole. The more you build the charge on either of these, the greater the potential difference and the greater the ability to do work, as we call it, in the physical.  This would seem to me to be the exact analogy that we have in consciousness here. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is precisely correct.

I would also direct your "attention" to the Ra quote at the top of this post.  If you look at the context of it, there is no attribution of power to attention.  Ra seems to be saying that wanderers who are asleep are simply not paying attention to their own inherent adept capabilities and are thereby "dropping the ball."

I not intending to be harsh, by the way, just clear and truthful.
@Peregrine

It's clear you have a different idea of polarity than some have expressed in this thread, but I haven't seen you offer you own interpretation of "what" this thing called polarity actually is (unless I just missed your explanation)?

So say somebody builds up polarity. What did they just build up? "Power differential" doesn't really explain much to me. Can you be more specific about how you see it?
[attachment=1558]

(New Oxford American Dictionary)

direction: ...a general way in which someone or something is developing:

power: ... the ability to do something or act in a particular way, especially as a faculty or quality:

attention: ... mental faculty of considering or taking notice of someone or something:

Polarity is direction hence the North and South ‘poles’ are what move the compass needle. It is in fact what creates the power for work in the electrical sense*.  Attention is a power or faculty that is developed by our consciousness. If we are unconscious, what quality is there to our attention? Perhaps “faculty" would be a better choice, but Ra mentions a few powers of the mind and powers of the spirit, and the term does not seem to have any significance such that my use above would be incorrect.

(Ra);

64.6   "We seek now without polarity. Thus we do not invoke any power from without . . .”

(here the absence of polarity is expressed as an absence of power).

84.18 “. . . polarize slightly in the direction of service to others . . .

(here polarization is expressed as direction).

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anode
anagogy Wrote:So say somebody builds up polarity. What did they just build up? "Power differential" doesn't really explain much to me. Can you be more specific about how you see it?

Ra & Don are telling me that spiritual polarity is akin to physical electric charge.  In the latter case, you store charge in a battery by pumping in a surplus of electrons (like putting money in the bank) and this creates a potential charge which is measured in volts.  So, let's say you have a somewhat used up 9 volt battery that tests out to only 7.5 volts.  It has a lower differential in charge than a fully charged 9 volt battery which might measure at 9.2 volts, let's just say.  To operate your transistor radio, 7.5 volts may not be sufficient.  If it's a rechargeable battery, you'd better go and recharge it, thus "increasing its polarity."  (If that's still unclear, polarity, in this usage, is the energy available to do work.  High polarity = lots of energy available, low polarity, or charge, indicates the opposite.))

Next question: What's the metaphysical analogue?  Answer: When doing work in spirit, one has to set up a dynamic, polarized field of working.  This means that the energy field of play is not made up of randomized energies, rather, they are in mutual, regularized alignment and this allows light energy to be conducted and offered to the situation.  This is, as I recall, pretty much the way Ra describes how a psychic healer does her thing.  (In other words, the strength of one's polarity = the intensity to which one can create a field of regularized energy.)  {Note: to keep this simple, I'm not discussing WHY you would do this.  That's wholly different matter: much less technical and far more spiritual.  But if you ain't got the technique, then why bother discussing it?}

Question:  So, what's the function of the polarization?  Answer:  Glad you asked.  The polarization of the operator (healer, in the case above), of the space (if it's in a temple or natural energy vortex, etc.), of crystals or amulets, etc. (if you're into that stuff) and of the subtle beings attracted to and assisting the operator (or magician or whatever brand name you prefer), the polarization of all of these cohere the field of working.  Thus the strength of polarization determines the quantity of spiritual energy the event is capable of carrying because it's the polarization involved which sets up the field of work.  Therefore, the higher the polarization, the greater the density of the light that can be offered.

However, when there's the talk of 51% polarization and all that jazz, I think this is using a very different meaning of the word "polarize" and should not be confused with the above.  To me--and I clearly have a very high opinion of my own perspective--to me this is obvious from the context.  That is, this is referring to one's innate disposition towards "The Choice," not to one's ability to do work in consciousness.
[attachment=1559].

"The strength of one's polarity = the intensity to which one can create a field of regularized energy."

Is this “polarized field” not created with the power of one’s attention, conscious or otherwise?

If so, what is there to attend to in this dimension? Three concepts: self, other and illusion. When we “attend” we focus the awareness in the direction of one of these concepts, correct?

2.3 Ra: I am Ra. The principle of crystal healing is based upon an understanding of the hierarchical nature of the structure of the illusion which is the physical body, as you would call it. There are crystals which work upon the energies coming into the spiritual body; there are crystals which work upon the distortions from spirit to mind; there are crystals which balance the distortions between the mind and the body. All of these crystal healings are charged through purified channels. Without the relative crystallization of the healer working with the crystal, the crystal will not be properly charged. The other ingredient is a proper alignment with the energy fields of the planet upon which you dwell and the holistic or cosmic distortions or streamings which enter the planetary aura in such a manner that an appropriate ratio of shapes and placement within these shapes is of indicated aid in the untangling or balancing process.

So what is crystallization of the healer? is this not through some kind of conscious working?

I think the “crystallization” of the healer here is this: It is with the direction of the attention by the conscious will, that we develop habits that are regularized in terms of our polarity.

The polarity becomes stronger IMO not because we’ve been naughty or nice, but because we used our own wish to develop the will power to direct and sustain our attention until we are “harvestable”. Yes, able to receive, work with, are comfortable with a level of light …   that can exist beyond the need for a third density physical vehicle.

So, maybe we agree, I'm not sure.

(10-02-2016, 03:13 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Ra & Don are telling me that spiritual polarity is akin to physical electric charge.  In the latter case, you store charge in a battery by pumping in a surplus of electrons (like putting money in the bank) and this creates a potential charge which is measured in volts.  So, let's say you have a somewhat used up 9 volt battery that tests out to only 7.5 volts.  It has a lower differential in charge than a fully charged 9 volt battery which might measure at 9.2 volts, let's just say.  To operate your transistor radio, 7.5 volts may not be sufficient.  If it's a rechargeable battery, you'd better go and recharge it, thus "increasing its polarity."  (If that's still unclear, polarity, in this usage, is the energy available to do work.  High polarity = lots of energy available, low polarity, or charge, indicates the opposite.))

Next question: What's the metaphysical analogue?  Answer: When doing work in spirit, one has to set up a dynamic, polarized field of working.  This means that the energy field of play is not made up of randomized energies, rather, they are in mutual, regularized alignment and this allows light energy to be conducted and offered to the situation.  This is, as I recall, pretty much the way Ra describes how a psychic healer does her thing.  (In other words, the strength of one's polarity = the intensity to which one can create a field of regularized energy.)  {Note: to keep this simple, I'm not discussing WHY you would do this.  That's wholly different matter: much less technical and far more spiritual.  But if you ain't got the technique, then why bother discussing it?}

Question:  So, what's the function of the polarization?  Answer:  Glad you asked.  The polarization of the operator (healer, in the case above), of the space (if it's in a temple or natural energy vortex, etc.), of crystals or amulets, etc. (if you're into that stuff) and of the subtle beings attracted to and assisting the operator (or magician or whatever brand name you prefer), the polarization of all of these cohere the field of working.  Thus the strength of polarization determines the quantity of spiritual energy the event is capable of carrying because it's the polarization involved which sets up the field of work.  Therefore, the higher the polarization, the greater the density of the light that can be offered.

I agree with all this, except that I think the "greater density of light" or the "spiritual energy" that can be offered or utilized is consciousness itself, because from my perspective spirit is awareness, or beingness, itself. The spiritual light is consciousness.

(10-02-2016, 03:13 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]However, when there's the talk of 51% polarization and all that jazz, I think this is using a very different meaning of the word "polarize" and should not be confused with the above.  To me--and I clearly have a very high opinion of my own perspective--to me this is obvious from the context.  That is, this is referring to one's innate disposition towards "The Choice," not to one's ability to do work in consciousness.

This part I don't quite agree with. I think they are referring to exactly the same thing, which makes sense if you think about this spiritual energy field being the orientation of the consciousness itself towards unity, rather than a nebulous field of electrical energy which exists separate from your consciousness and is thereby directed by it. But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Anyways, thanks for satisfying my curiosity nonetheless. It seems that I lean more towards heralds perspective in this thread.
Its funny,

consciousness being the greater density of light, because of course, we, from the lower end are striving upwards, but it is actually more like our higher self is pulling us up from above.
(10-02-2016, 05:29 PM)herald Wrote: [ -> ]           "The strength of one's polarity = the intensity to which one can create a field of regularized energy."

1.  Is this “polarized field” not created with the power of one’s attention, conscious or otherwise?

2.  So what is crystallization of the healer? is this not through some kind of conscious working?

3.  I think the “crystallization” of the healer here is this: It is with the direction of the attention by the conscious will, that we develop habits that are regularized in terms of our polarity.

4.  The polarity becomes stronger IMO not because we’ve been naughty or nice, but because we used our own wish to develop the will power to direct and sustain our attention until we are “harvestable”.

Okay, I think I now have a slightly better idea of where you're coming from....maybe?  At any rate, what I see is that you have a bias towards believing that will power is the key to doing work in consciousness, and so polarity, crystallization and the general capacity to do work in spirit derive mainly from the quality of one's use of will.  I'm going to continue based on this observation, but please correct it if you find it inaccurate.

I can see how one might reach that conclusion from the outside, but my experience is that people I've known who do significant work in spirit (so called light workers) rely much more upon that which lies beyond their conscious awareness than that which is contained therein.  They work with their own unconscious abilities, with spirit helpers, with elemental energies, with disincarnate members of their spiritual lineage, etc.  The quality of their work is certainly influenced by their capacity for will power, but that is not the main item which brings about success.

For example, the polarized field of working is partially created due to the operator's will to do work, and the quality of the field of working is partially conditioned by the quality of work the operator desires perform.  (Same as in real life.)  But the crystallization of the operator involves more than mere will, it involves things like the degree to which one has surrendered to the process of becoming the Creator.  Will is just a small part of that and, more to the point, the relinquishment of personal will is a very large element there.

So, what does that mean?  It means searching the content of self, refining it, balancing it, integrating it until when one sees this or that portion, one sees the Creator.  Of course, this is the latent state of affairs already, so one may wish to do no work in this regard, but to do work in spirit, this is one essential element, in my view.  As one's general energy structure becomes more purified, one's polarity increases and one can do greater work in consciousness.

To swing back in your direction, I would say that a certain amount of work in consciousness can, indeed, be done mainly through will power combined with whatever polarization happens to be available, and some people might be satisfied with doing work within that scope.  Others, though, desire a much fuller experience which involves a more integrated approach.  That's certainly a personal decision.

Thanks for the response Peregrine,

You said "(so called light workers) rely much more upon that which lies beyond their conscious awareness than that which is contained therein”.

Yes, a portion of that work is conscious and a portion is subconscious, or as you said:

"They work with their own unconscious abilities, with spirit helpers, with elemental energies, with disincarnate members of their spiritual lineage, etc.  The quality of their work is certainly influenced by their capacity for will power, but that is not the main item which brings about success.”

The success being in this instance the healing; this is an example of conscious and subconscious working to accomplish an intention.

My point here is that though some work is accomplished with the subconcious, the work of polarizing is done exclusively by the conscious direction of the attention which can embed the intention of service to other (or self) into our habits so that even when the consciousness is waning and the subconscious is waxing, we will have a force with which we may continue in the direction of our path (polarity).

Other entities,crystals, and factors not arising from within ones being may assist the soul in transforming but they cannot carry out any of its work in consciousness that is the necessity for establishing the new identity of the four dimensional self.

Pages: 1 2