Bring4th

Full Version: depictions of Mental Conditions (potentially triggering)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
these are potentially triggering images, so you have been warned, before proceeding.

They are food for thought, especially when relating to others that self-identify with these particular labels/patterns.

Artist: Shawn Coss (his facebook page)

/ /

Insomnia

[Image: Qw1GwEb.jpg]

Major Depressive Disorder

[Image: rl6O2qL.jpg]

Autism Spectrum Disorder

[Image: ZOXth6p.jpg]

Social Anxiety Disorder

[Image: M9eVy9Z.jpg]

Bipolar Disorder

[Image: hDg5cuC.jpg]

Paranoid Schizophrenia

[Image: MHU9rHT.jpg]

DPD

[Image: 2CT6JWa.jpg]

OCD

[Image: z8MyyWw.jpg]

Capgras Syndrome

[Image: FafNvKv.jpg]

Anorexia Nervosa

[Image: Nge86gj.jpg]
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

[Image: cOrXPhI.jpg]

Disassociative Identity Disorder

[Image: ZYRuXV0.jpg]

DSED

[Image: 5ry2ZtL.jpg]

Cotard's Delusion

[Image: zs2NJHg.jpg]

Borderline Personality Disorder

[Image: 2U7nwAH.jpg]

Schizophrenia

[Image: tfvTsJb.jpg]

Agoraphobia

[Image: gyxAhaP.jpg]

Depersonalization Disorder

[Image: tV0ksDa.jpg]
Wow that's intense. Simultaneously dark and enlightening. Simultaenously ugly and beautiful. Simultaneously disturbing and peaceful. It's like a tarot deck of the archetypes of the darkness of men. Very artistic. Darkness can make very good art.
[Image: KAJCag.gif]
Finding the accuracy of some of these very true, some very biased/inaccurate

Useful to help people without conditions to understand the suffering... but wonder to what extent some perpetuate stigma; increase helplessness; play to stereotypes (?)

Perhaps the intensity of the depiction can help an affected person feel their pain is more truly/thoroughly represented (?)

Bleak/defeated representations

Person is fully captured by these conditions

Images don't offer any hope

What do you think of these images Plenum?
I think with many of these mental conditions - which are self-identified - as the person themselves know that there is some Distortion at play, even without external/societal judgement, they indeed are a 'trapping' of Light.

And so I do think that at the heart of these thoughtform structures, there is a component of despair and loss.

That is the basis of balancing, imo.  Acknowledging the true nature of what's being experienced.

And yes - accuracy is not assured.  Smile  It was just offered as food for Thought; as I'm not a visual artist myself, and thus I can appreciate those who are much more skilled in such matters.
this is really intense. the bipolar one really called out to me. I can identify with that picture for sure
This has been enlightening. I have never researched mental health, despite being in the system since I was 12. I
have most of them. Or have overcome them.