Bring4th

Full Version: Developing Discernment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what are the keys to developing Spiritual Discernment, in your eyes?
How would you define Spiritual Discernment?
well, i guess there's 2 parts to that.

What is discernment in the first place?
I'd say discernment would be the ability to have a sharp look that sees truthfully.

I am unsure the focus you meant with spiritual discernment but I would guess it boils down to experience/wisdom and a sincere desire to see truthfully. Perhaps faith that discernment is possible would be important, just as a certain degree of selflessness for discernment to not be biased.

I'd also say it has to be worked with the self first before being extended to others. If one cannot see itself clearly then it won't see others clearly either.
yeah; I think that's a good way of putting things.

I guess Discernment, for me, would be being able to tell when something is 'claiming to be something', when in fact, it is not what it claims to be.  This may be done deliberately (manipulation, marketing, advertising, deception), and may also be done innocently, for someone making claims about things they actually have no expertise or understanding of.  And so it's on the part of the listener/receiver, to gauge the 'validity' of what someone is making claims about.

As for what 'spiritual' is, I guess it gets a bit more tricky at that level Tongue

But to paraphrase Ra: things that are neither of the body, nor of the mind.

/ /

You mentioned 'experience/wisdom', and I think that's a big part of it.  When one has been 'burnt' enough times, one sort of 'feels the temperature of a hot object', before touching it with a bare hand BigSmile
(11-06-2016, 10:17 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]what are the keys to developing Spiritual Discernment, in your eyes?

Disciplined meditation.
The first step, in my opinion, is being brave enough to question yourself and look with an open mind at your own life without justifying, denying, or rationalizing.

Only then can you make clear discernments about the world—or universe—around you. 
(11-06-2016, 01:23 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]The first step, in my opinion, is being brave enough to question yourself and look with an open mind at your own life without justifying, denying, or rationalizing.

Only then can you make clear discernments about the world—or universe—around you. 

This.
(11-06-2016, 11:45 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2016, 10:17 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]what are the keys to developing Spiritual Discernment, in your eyes?

Disciplined meditation.

I will elaborate now that I have a minute! I believe to develop spiritual discernment, it's important to create an environment where you can access the roots of the mind complex reliably. Piercing the veil in third density bodies takes effort and discipline. The spirit is the shuttle that communicates between the mind and the body. If one doesn't activate that shuttle (with the will, through meditation), the mind and the body don't communicate in ways that are useful, or "truthful".

Ra also says that polarity is important when it comes to piercing the veil in third density. The more effort one makes to polarize, the more crystallized their higher chakras become, and the higher quality their discernment.

Quote:83.18 Questioner: Specifically, by what process in the first case, when two polarized entities would attempt to penetrate the veil, whether they be positively or negatively polarized— specifically by what technique would they penetrate the veil?

Ra: I am Ra. The penetration of the veil may be seen to begin to have its roots in the gestation of green-ray activity, that all-compassionate love which demands no return. If this path is followed the higher energy centers shall be activated and crystallized until the adept is born. Within the adept is the potential for dismantling the veil to a greater or lesser extent that all may be seen again as one. The other-self is primary catalyst in this particular path to the piercing of the veil, if you would call it that.

I agree totally with Diana's post - it's essentially the first step of Ra's healing exercises - this is merely an addendum.

Quote:Ra: We begin with the mental learn/teachings necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

You have to cultivate a space where you can rendezvous with the self, specifically, ideally, your Higher Self. Spiritual discernment, in my opinion, lies in that still, silent space, not in the chatter of the mind.