Bring4th

Full Version: Anyone know how they're doing in Louisville?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw today that the Kentucky National Guard has been called out to deal with the ice storm, and I notice that Carla hasn't posted on her blog since 1/27. Anybody heard anything about how Carla, Jim, Gary, Romi, and Melissa are doing?
Hey TW,

Louisville was hit with a winter storm on Tuesday. Accumulation wasn't much, anywhere from 6 to 7 inches, but we had ice in between that shut down roads and froze over trees, causing branches and whole trees to fall, knocking out power and phone lines. (Man what a truly beautiful scene though! It is the type of ice that outlines every branch on the tree and sparkles like a million crystals when the sun shines through.)

Underneath the snow is the road outside of our house: [Image: bringthwsjpg.jpg]

We lost power at 2 am on Tuesday. But our new best friend who we like to call "The Generator", kicked in within ten seconds of the power outtage! For the first time in Jim and Carla's long lives and the first time in mine we have power during a power outage. It is supplying most of the house with power which keeps us warm, the lights on, the computers running, and the refrigerators working. However, we lost our phone line Tuesday afternoon and with that went the internet. We just had it restored earlier this evening.

Carla will begin blogging tomorrow. All is well here. I haven't seen any National Guard units in the area. Then again I haven't been out much except for a sled riding trip yesterday. Thanks for your concern, T. We're gearing up for the fourth channeling intensive this weekend.

Hope you're okay out there in Virgina. : )

Love and Light,
GLB
Sounds like you're doing great! Thanks for the update. Smile
Glad to hear it. I heard the news about the storms on NPR this morning and my thoughts went out to you guys.

Enjoy the beautiful snow! It's in the upper nineties and humid here in Sydney (yeech!)
Good to know everyone is ok! Where I live, in Montreal, We get this sort of thing almost every winter. We had one about 10 years ago that was so bad it took out the whole city for over a week. No power and No work in a city of 3 million. Losing power for more than a day can be devistating in winter. Funny thing is, as Gary pointed out, It is incredibly beautifull.
I always love it when the ice comes and takes out power and makes people have to stop whatever it is they normally do and just not do anything. The stillness and peace is great, and it's almost like mother nature is forcing us to hold up, saying "STOP and just look around you for a minute!" and of course, it's beautiful.
Well, Well. I did think about you guys, but I must have intuitively know that you were ok Smile, because I dont' think I even texted to see if you were Smile