Bring4th

Full Version: Triglyceride/HDL ratio...best heart disease indicator!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I read that the best way to determine if you really are at risk of developing heart disease is definitely NOT TO LOOK AT TOTAL CHOLESTEROL NUMBERS but rather concentrate on your triglycerides and HDL.

Simply divide your triglycerides by your HDL numbers and that's all Smile If it's over 4:0, you got some cardiovascular problems coming your way if you don't change.

Doctors are killing people just because their cholesterol may be over 200mg/dL, but then they give them statin drugs, tell them to eat low fat with plenty of fruits/veggies and whole grains. Well, unfortunately that doctor most likely sentenced their patient to death now because the drugs, all the low fat and high carbs will reduce total cholesterol, increase triglycerides, and most certainly will reduce HDL and raise LDL small particles. Not to mention sky high blood sugar with all those "heart healthy whole grains".

Ridiculous that in the 21st century, we are still abiding by this 1980s dieting mentality. Someone who has what is considered to be high cholesterol, like 219mg/dL can be in MUCH better cardiovascular health than a person who has a number of lets say 160mg/dL. Ironic huh!!

You want to get great cholesterol and glucose numbers? Follow a ketogenic diet! I'm going to order a lipid test probably Nov 2017 and see how my lipid profile is after doing keto.

http://www.drsinatra.com/the-most-import...-to-watch/