Bring4th

Full Version: The Three Body Problem (scifi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is a scifi novel that won the Hugo Award in 2015.

[Image: rvvGCdS.jpg]

I read it in under a day.  Started yesterday afternoon (before I had to go into work), read some more this morning, after I got home, and then finished it just now, after I slept during the day.

There's probably not too much I can mention ... as it's a fantastic plot, and unfolds in the most beautiful way.

But I can recommend it for it's philosophical scope, the solid rooting in science (utilized in artistic ways), and the kind of speaking to the cultural/planetary mind at present.

I really don't consider myself a Reader these days.  It's been a very long time since I've devoured a book so quickly.  

I've actually wanted, on some level, to get back into some science-fiction reading, and actually posted a more general 'sci fi' thread a few months ago.  Let's just count this as the culmination/fruit of that 'seeking'.

But yeah - this is a novel with very big 'themes'; and as all good science fiction, made individual and human by witnessing it on a personal, experienced level.