Bring4th

Full Version: Connected Universe, narrated by Patrick Stewart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this was a crowdfunded film, which is available for rent on vimeo, at a fairly reasonable price.

I had a fairly good time with it.  Loved having Patrick Stewart as the narrator Smile

[Image: 3GaFp1Ql.jpg]

The film itself is quite artistically done, and uses the physics of Nassim Haramein to paint a new vision for how human beings (and consciousness) is able to witness itself.

I also loved the importance of the 'proton' in terms of the theory/practice, as that played a key role in a scifi book I read just last week.

But yeah - it deals with 'gravity', quantum mechanics, black holes, and energy.  Nassim himself seems like a pretty decent guy, and has charted his own way to these natural (and mathematical) understandings.  Connected to the world of nature (and his environment) himself.

[Image: T5uFRxCl.jpg]

It goes for 100 minutes; and while we wish all these things could be free - it's quite a modest cost for the experience.  There's definitely solid production values; and I got to get exposed to a couple of new principles, which could be quite revolutionary, in days to come.  Sparks the Imagination - that's for sure!

[vimeo link]

ps, even though this guy has been mentioned on the forums over the years, this is the first time I've spent a significant amount of time with his work.  I grok.

Film was made by Malcolm Carter.
Too bad it's unwatchable with my internet. I can't get through the preview without it stopping and buffering many times.
hey Gemini.  Sorry to hear about that.  Sounds like it may be some patchy internet on your end.  Vimeo is one of the 'bigger' streaming sites out there, so I'd like to think they have enough bandwidth provisioning to cater for most folks.

/ /

As to the actual film, it's been a few days, and it's 'settled' nicely.  Some things (talking general here), are not so good in hindsight, as when you had the original experience, but I don't think that's the Case here.  I guess  I was just ready for this Experience.

It can definitely come across as Hagiography.  I mean, Nassim is the centerpiece of the Film.  So I can see how that would put some folks off.  I just think that the ideas themselves are of interest enough to have in one's mental arsenal, to lean upon as analogies and metaphors.

Builds on the Holographic Model of the Universe that such physicists as Wheeler, Bohm, and Susskind pushed in an academic setting.

If you can't watch the film, getting the book 'Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot is a great fill-in.  It was published all the way back in 1991, and was truly influential on me as an awakening individual.