Bring4th

Full Version: what is the "Law" in the Law of One, Law of Light, Law of Love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this may seem like a really naive question, so many years into my Studies of this Material ...

But what does the word "Law" mean, in the phrase, Law of One, Law of Light, Law of Love ... etc

Ra uses the exact expression in their Answers 85 times (for 'Law of One').

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=l...0&l=30&o=r

Quote:Ra: This is correct with one exception.

There is only one law. That is the Law of One.

Other so-called laws are distortions of this law, some of them primal and most important for progress to be understood. However, it is well that each so-called law, which we also call “way,” be understood as a distortion rather than a law. There is no multiplicity to the Law of One.

A 'law', in our society, is usually a rule or code of conduct which is enforced by police and the judicial system.  It's made by man, and enforced by men.  If one 'violates' the law, then consequences will follow.

In the spiritual/metaphysical context, how would you understand/define this term, Law?

like it's more an over-riding principle, which also has consequences (read: karma, feedback, pushback from other selves) when it's ignored or deliberately infringed upon?

Law of Light

3.10 Wrote:The progress is normally from the understanding which you now seek to a dimension of understanding which is governed by the laws of love, and which seeks the laws of light. Those who are vibrating with the Law of Light seek the Law of One. Those who vibrate with the Law of One seek the Law of Foreverness.

Law of Love

9.10 Wrote:Thus, the Red Planet entities were unharvested and continued in your illusion to attempt to learn the Law of Love.

so what does the word "Law' mean, in terms of connotations, consequences, understandings?

does "Law" for each density (3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th) means that an entity has to comprehend certain 'nuances' of that Law, for it to progress?  And that "Law' is the basis for the experience of the next density. Ie, in 3rd Density an entity has to understand/acknowledge/comprehend the Law of Love, to be able to move into the next phase of experience, which is 4d.

anyway, thanks for reading.  I feel kind of naive even asking BigSmile

/ /

ps Ra also clarified that Law could be understood as 'Way' in their Answer above.  Which probably goes a long way into comprehending things Smile
I think Laws are used to govern differences in density and octave.
So a law of density would be used to contain a density and make it different. Sort of like a box,
but one that is permeable.

A law of octaves keeps the octaves in their own bubbles, so they don't leak into one another.
I really like that IGW.

So it sort of like defines a certain 'frequency range', and gives it a quality.
I think the Law of One just means WHAT IS, or perhaps more accurately, the way things work because of what is. I think it refers to the underlying unmanifested field of infinite possibilities; the implicate universe. Out of this field of possibilities are created all manner of things, which refers to the distortions. The distortions are subsets of the whole, or, collapsed outcomes (the particle) from the Source (the wave). So within a subset, the law would be the way that subset works, based on its own original creative impulse and as a derivative of the Source.
hey, cool cool <thumbs up>.

So there is only *one field*, which is the same as the *one infinity*.

Everything can only 'come' from that *one* thing.

(12-22-2016, 05:57 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]I think it refers to the underlying unmanifested field of infinite possibilities; the implicate universe.
To take what I said a step further, "distortion" would only mean it is not the whole (which would be impossible because the whole is infinite and a derivative manifested from it would only be a part). A distortion isn't distortion in the sense of our English meaning of the word implying there is something twisted or not right; rather, it's a distortion because it isn't the whole thing.

Just thinking out loud here. Smile
There is only one law: The Law of One. The others it's distortions of this Law. I understand law like a principle to that everything is submitted in the limit of your integration.

Peace, love and light.
(12-22-2016, 06:22 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]To take what I said a step further, "distortion" would only mean it is not the whole (which would be impossible because the whole is infinite and a derivative manifested from it would only be a part). A distortion isn't distortion in the sense of our English meaning of the word implying there is something twisted or not right; rather, it's a distortion because it isn't the whole thing.

Just thinking out loud here. Smile

I see some distortions as ripples in the Field. The Field is very dense. At one time I could actually feel what actions I did produced the most or least distortion. Everything I felt as a distortion. It became more intense as I raised my vibration.
To me, in this context, the word law simply hint to refer at the parameters in which we are working/experiencing. Inside the Law of One, the parameters are that all is the will of one, comes from the one, and experiences as one. In the law of love, a new parameter is inserted and gives it focus and everything we experience is a derivation of this new parameter that everything that is (the one), exist as love, emerges from love or is experienced though love or in short ''everything is love''. In the Law of light, going futher and further into rafinements, the parameters in play are now that the focus of love of the one is mannifesting/ emerging/ creating / experiencing through the focus of light. It's like the laws of physics, it's the ever present parameters inside of which all of us experience. We then each program different parameters or limits to our own individual experiences, yet they remain inside the limits of those ever present laws. It is what connects us and binds us together no matter how seperated we wish to be experiencing.

Going further, I'd say these laws suggest that to reach unity (which seems to be the work in progress for the harvest) it does not require immediate action, but rather a shift in perspective to see the connection that is already present. This unity that is the one, is ever present through all densities of exploration of seperation. Our work is then not to turn everything into our own individual version of love but rather to see it as already part of each moment/action/thoughts/emotions. That is the nature of the infinite. It is already filled by light/love love/light. In turn, actions will eventually reflect that shift in perspective or reflect this work of balancing.

Don't feel too naive for asking, you just look like you want to be reminded of your own nature. Happens to the best of us. Maybe you're even unconsciously asking for someone else to read the answers.
(12-22-2016, 11:35 PM)Night Owl Wrote: [ -> ]It's like the laws of physics

The one absolute law of existence.

We could relate that to the first distortion of free will of which I'd say that as all is One then all things manifest from your being. It would also mean that every other being simply shares your will, that their every action is a mirror upon how you need to feel to do the actions that they do, that you contain it within what you are.
The word "law" is simply a play on a concept. It was devised for those who have the will to see, to perceive the obvious, despite a wall of fire standing in their way.

The "law" can be translated into the label for the beings who have the ultimate and supreme control of our world.

They have been here from the dawn of time and have guided us, albeit encountering periods of strong resistance, from the beginnings of our history.

They dwell in our oceans. They vibrate frequencies that assist in the furthering of harmony amongst our peoples.

They are the "LAW".

They reside in the 9th dimension of our sphere and are thankful, along with the dolphins, for all that fish.

Der Wal.
The second dictionary definition of law seems to be the intention:

A statement of fact, deduced from observation, to the effect that a particular natural or scientific phenomenon always occurs if certain conditions are present. E.g. "the second law of thermodynamics"

There can be a cognitive dissonance when this definition of "law" is paired with a non-scientific phenomena, such as "love." Law of love. Law of love?

I interpreted the phrasing to bestow absolute factual existence of each described law.

It appears that some of the dimensional areas (3d, 4d etc.) are "bound" by one of these laws. So Ra, from 6th density, says "We are those who are of the Law of One. In our vibration the polarities are harmonized; the complexities are simplified; the paradoxes have a solution. We are one. That is our nature and our purpose." Session 1.

All of us, being 3d creatures, must be able to say something similar, "We are those who are of the Law of Choice. In our vibration the polarities are mixed, the environments are complex, and the paradoxes are rampant. We are many and we are separate. Our nature and our purpose is to choose polarity by striving to learn the Law of Love." (Strange, isn't it? That by striving to understand the "law" of the next dimension is how we trigger and escape the law of the current one?)

I particularly like the Law of Confusion which operates in 3d. There is no god-like enforcer of such a law (which is actually forbearance of action/non-interference). Nonetheless, in factual operation, it is still an immutable law in that, if a higher level being does not follow the law, they get depolarized and diminished. (Is it a zero sum energy exchange? Does some of the higher level entity's spiritual "charge" transfer over to the . . . victim . . . recipient of the "forbidden" clear information? How does that work?)

Some of my best tarot readings come from trying to interpret the juxtapositions of wildly different tarot cards. The way Ra pairs "law" with Light, Love, Confusion, Free Will etc. is that same kind of mental stretch for me. And I think that the words themselves act as mental catalyst. The early seeker reads over the terms. But later, those "law" phrases suddenly pop up as meaningful nuggets of meaning that need to be understood and grokked. I'm still struggling with love/light and light/love and all those similarly paired phrases. Ah well, that's what the next few dimensions are for, right? To learn and apply these more complex concepts? All I need be worried about is making a Choice, with the requisite oomph and charge to it (beyond a mental "I choose STO!") to make it evident to the Harvesters when they look at my "mind/body/spirit complex" at death.
I think there is only one absolute law: the Law of One

There is only one undivided entity
This is the one only absolute truth
There is only one thought which is true

No matter what kind of illusion one chooses to experience, it is never the truth.
Unity is the only thing that is absolutely true.

It is not possible to break this law.
One can live in the illusion of being seperated, one can act as if one was a seperate entity, but one can never truly be sperated. One can consider things, beings, energies to be seperate, but this will never be the underlying truth.
It is impossible to violate this law. Simply because it wouldnt be the truth.

A very strict law I would say Smile
--------
Along the same lines as Ricdaw, I have felt the term "law" was used in a similar way as the idea of a scientific law. Wikipedia has a good breakdown:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_law
Quote:A scientific law is a statement based on repeated experimental observations that describes some aspects of the universe. A scientific law always applies under the same conditions, and implies that there is a causal relationship involving its elements. Factual and well-confirmed statements like "Mercury is liquid at standard temperature and pressure" are considered too specific to qualify as scientific laws. A central problem in the philosophy of science, going back to David Hume, is that of distinguishing causal relationships (such as those implied by laws) from principles that arise due to constant conjunction.[1]

Laws differ from scientific theories in that they do not posit a mechanism or explanation of phenomena: they are merely distillations of the results of repeated observation. As such, a law is limited in applicability to circumstances resembling those already observed, and may be found false when extrapolated. Ohm's law only applies to linear networks, Newton's law of universal gravitation only applies in weak gravitational fields, the early laws of aerodynamics such as Bernoulli's principle do not apply in case of compressible flow such as occurs in transonic and supersonic flight, Hooke's law only applies to strain below the elastic limit, etc. These laws remain useful, but only under the conditions where they apply.

Many laws take mathematical forms, and thus can be stated as an equation; for example, the Law of Conservation of Energy can be written as [Image: 736e2ba2135436d4654d56d498609b2eada4a5c4], where E is the total amount of energy in the universe. Similarly, the First Law of Thermodynamics can be written as [Image: ad7835fa46e07e18557270acfb692ea2bf8cbcbe].

I think Ra's use of the word "law" is thematic with how the rest of the material is represented. They use heavy jargon, tedious detail, and an objective-sounding perspective to give a sort of scientific perspective of the spiritual universe.

I laugh a bit thinking of a time when someone told me that they didn't like the Law of One because of the word "law," and how it made it seem like Ra was the intergalactic police coming to Earth trying to impose their laws on us, as if the law was a rule set by a government meant to be enforced, rather than simply a description of parameters.
I just want to thank everyone for their replies.  It's given me a lot to think about Smile

Angel
I always thought that simply meant the only truth is we are one.
Hello Dear Plenum,

(12-22-2016, 05:33 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]this may seem like a really naive question, so many years into my Studies of this Material ...

But what does the word "Law" mean, in the phrase, Law of One, Law of Light, Law of Love ... etc

Ra uses the exact expression in their Answers 85 times (for 'Law of One').

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=l...0&l=30&o=r

Quote:Ra: This is correct with one exception.

There is only one law. That is the Law of One.

Other so-called laws are distortions of this law, some of them primal and most important for progress to be understood. However, it is well that each so-called law, which we also call “way,” be understood as a distortion rather than a law. There is no multiplicity to the Law of One.

No, it is not naïve. I think it’s normal at some point to reexamine absolute bases of the Idea that changed One’s life. For me it is a repetitive phenomenon :-)

Please note that in above quote of You, I’ve changed emphasize in the Ra quote. I think You were right – those may indeed be “steps of comprehension” at each “level/density of existence”.

Label “law” in Ra’s Words context may describe what is possible to comprehend for an Entity within the given density. Or more precisely – how an Entity may comprehend Creator within each density

Third density is about Love. To understand that EVERYTHING, even most minute experience is about Love.
Ra used word/label “vibrating”. It is a symbol, as each word/label is, of a corresponding experience – infinite variations of experiences in fact, each unique for each Entity. So to break down this symbol and it’s meaning / experience-relatedness: what does it mean – in the deepest sense of the term – to vibrate?
For me personally: vibrate = to Be
To actually become Love and to perceive Love in every single act, Person, matter, space and even in the passage of time. That would be “to vibrate with the Law of Love” in my opinion.
Above is of course correct only for Serving-to-Others / Right-Hand-Path Seekers.

Now to more abstract part – word/label distortion. I understand it as limitation/comprehension-capability, including perception.
To gain perspective, please look at third Arcanum – Catalyst of the Mind. Eyes within the cube/third-density are Our eyes. That is Our perspective from which We are perceiving the Empress. As random hints within our range-of-experience. We will never see Her as She is, for What She Is, but We will be able to ‘find’ Her within every aspect of the cube / Our reality.
Now please imagine that Love is The Empress. We will never comprehend within Our current boundaries what Love really is. But We are able to seek Her within Everything/Everyone/Everywhere/Everywhen.

“The Law of Love” – There is only Love*

* for Us, at this level/mode of existence / Consciousness development / evolution stage.

That’s at least my “wordization” of my take on the matter ;-)

All I have Best in me for You
The Law of One to me signifies the that the law is simply the truth of the way things are as far as the universe works.

I'll just chime in with an Eastern Vedanta philosophy perspective. Truth is referred to as tattva in sanskrit. There is a concept known as "Achintya-Bheda-Abheda" tattva. That refers to inconceivable simultaneous oneness and difference with God. It points out the inconceivable nature of existence while asserting that two conflicting schools of thought have elements that are actually both true. The oneness of creation can never be discounted. There is a fundamental "law" or nature (or tattva/truth) of existence that can never be overrode. Law is just a term that can be understood as something that means it cannot be changed, it is immovable, it is the way that things are. It is also inconceivable. As Ra mentions that at some point a seeker accepts that one cannot fully understand everything, as though it is a necessary part of the path of seeking that one must practically acknowledge that. I could find the quote directly, but if you remember it, you'll know what I'm referencing.

If the oneness and difference is confusing, I'll explain with some LOO terminology. We are spirit/mind/body complexes, perhaps part of or directly a type of sub-sub-logos within the grand Logos. There is the One Infinite Creator that we are one with and yet we are servants of the Creator, just as Ra asserts itself as humble servants of the Law of One/The One Infinite Creator. There is nothing else to serve but the Creator. So there is an inconceivable oneness and difference that occurs; we cannot fathom the full working of the universal Law of existence, but we can have a semblance of understanding that the Law is there and how it works to some degree.

Everything comes from the One. "There is no multiplicity to the Law of One", only distortions. That's really good.
Ra means IMHO the word law in the way to describe what creates the conditions of existence and existence itself
(01-08-2017, 05:48 PM)sriyantra Wrote: [ -> ]The Law of One to me signifies the that the law is simply the truth of the way things are as far as the universe works.

I'll just chime in with an Eastern Vedanta philosophy perspective. Truth is referred to as tattva in sanskrit. There is a concept known as "Achintya-Bheda-Abheda" tattva. That refers to inconceivable simultaneous oneness and difference with God. It points out the inconceivable nature of existence while asserting that two conflicting schools of thought have elements that are actually both true. The oneness of creation can never be discounted. There is a fundamental "law" or nature (or tattva/truth) of existence that can never be overrode. Law is just a term that can be understood as something that means it cannot be changed, it is immovable, it is the way that things are. It is also inconceivable. As Ra mentions that at some point a seeker accepts that one cannot fully understand everything, as though it is a necessary part of the path of seeking that one must practically acknowledge that. I could find the quote directly, but if you remember it, you'll know what I'm referencing.

If the oneness and difference is confusing, I'll explain with some LOO terminology. We are spirit/mind/body complexes, perhaps part of or directly a type of sub-sub-logos within the grand Logos. There is the One Infinite Creator that we are one with and yet we are servants of the Creator, just as Ra asserts itself as humble servants of the Law of One/The One Infinite Creator. There is nothing else to serve but the Creator. So there is an inconceivable oneness and difference that occurs; we cannot fathom the full working of the universal Law of existence, but we can have a semblance of understanding that the Law is there and how it works to some degree.

Everything comes from the One. "There is no multiplicity to the Law of One", only distortions. That's really good.

Love this reference to Vedanta. Goes to the same thing that Ra presents diverse times, we are all One, yet each unique, [ at least in 3,4 and 5D ] yet all One still.
To me, "Law" denotes an expression of something that is "unchangeable" within a certain "context" or expression. An unmovable boulder.

Its the inscription of possibility (to its fullest extent) within that Set Context. The lines of the Maze. "The Rules of the Game"

thats all I got, lol...