Bring4th

Full Version: Cleansing a new dwelling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I know Ra spoke more than once about cleansing rituals when you are about to take up residence in a new abode. I'll happily look up the quotes myself if there are no takers, but I thought someone here would appreciate the opportunity to offer the service of making a clear and easy to understand list or set of procedures for the cleansing.

We are about to move from Los Angeles to San Francisco. (woohoo!) If it makes any difference, we plan to move in to a rented house. I know that the house has been owned by a single family for over 50 years and from what I can tell it seems to have been a happy family. Our new landlord is one of the many children who grew up in that house. Her mother has now aged to the point where she is more comfortable in a nursing home, and the father passed away some time ago. They refuse to sell the house however as it means so much to them to keep it in their family name. I suspect these are good signs that the house is probably not a hot spot for negative entities. (but who knows for sure?)

I think it would be novel at least to put some of Ra's information to use in a practical fashion, and at best it might make a difference metaphysically if there is indeed any negative friends to be concerned about.

The only possible hitch is that we don't have the time to do any cleansing prior to actually moving in. Whatever cleansing can be done will have to be done with us in the process of moving in.

Thanks so much for any help you can give!

Salt and garlic in hand,
Lavazza
Salt is quick and easy. I would suggest doing the Banishing Ritual the first day you get there, before going to sleep. I don't think it matters so much that you do it before moving in your stuff, but it might be important to do it before retiring for the night. Also burning sage is quick and easy. I'd do all of the above.

Also, as you are moving your belongings, you can be visualizing the house filling with Light...in all the little nooks and crannies. Open the windows and let in some fresh air and sunshine. Sweep the floors if needed. Get some fans running if possible.

It's good to know the former inhabitants seemed to be a happy family, but all families have some degree of drama. So it would be good to clear the air.

Best wishes for a smooth move!
Interesting you should post about this, I was just thinking about looking into the Ra material for how to cleanse as well. I guess the Law of Attraction is still working wellSmile We are also going to be moving to a new apartment in about a month, and as we have quite a few negative acquaintances, I thought doing a cleansing would be helpful.

Session 95 seems to me to be the most informative on this subject.
http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?session_id=95&ss=1

Good luck with your new home!

fairyfarmgirl

The please help thread has some information that was shared on how to cleanse an abode.

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=852
We used to cleanse a house with smoke, a few incense sticks do the trick. But there's also the possibility of using an incense burner working with hot coal, and some dried lavender. Pick one you can hold in your hands so you can walk through every room with it, hold it in corners and trace corners and angles. Beware, It's smokey Tongue

I used to run from it myself so it cleanses good. Wink

The after effect is pleasant enough. My first expectation was that it would smell for days like when you invite smokers. But it's not like that at all. I found it pleasant.

Physically cleaning the house also does more than one'd expect. Just be very thorough.
Lavazza, I'm inspired by your intentions about your new home.

When asked about isolation tanks, Ra instead discussed the value of meditating amid natural beauty.

Quote:43.31 Q: I was really trying to get at whether it would be of great importance to construct a better place for our meditations. We have distractions here of the types which I mentioned, and I know that it is a function of our total free will as to whether we construct this or not, but I was trying to get at the principles behind and the relative importance of the Faraday cage. It would be quite a construction and I was wondering if it would be of any real value?

Ra: I am Ra. Without infringing upon free will we feel it possible to state that the Faraday cage and the isolation tank are gadgets.

The surrounding of self in a sylvan atmosphere, apart from distractions, in a place of working used for no other purpose, in which you and your associates agree to lay aside all goals but that of the meditative seeking of the Infinite Creator is, shall we say, not gadgetry but the making use of the creation of the Father in second-density love, and in the love and support of otherselves.

Will you have an opportunity like this in your SF home? I know that throughout the Bay Area, many homes have delightful garden nooks as part of the property.

Ra provided instructions about how to properly set up the contact with the Bible, chalice, orientation of the bed, and so on. Perhaps you could pray for whatever guidance would best help you fulfill your spiritual use of the space.

Esmeralda Sweetwater has a detailed description of the wealthy character's meditation center in his garden greenhouse. You might find that description inspiring.

One thing you don't mention: In addition to asking negative forces to leave, invite the happy, positive, loving "good vibes" spiritual forces that delighted you at the house to be your welcome guests, sharing their love with you as they did with the previous family.

P.S. Moderators, since Lavazza's goal of this thread is to specifically apply what Ra said, would it be appropriate to move it to the Law of One forum?
(07-16-2010, 01:27 AM)Joseph326 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting you should post about this, I was just thinking about looking into the Ra material for how to cleanse as well. I guess the Law of Attraction is still working wellSmile We are also going to be moving to a new apartment in about a month, and as we have quite a few negative acquaintances, I thought doing a cleansing would be helpful.

Session 95 seems to me to be the most informative on this subject.
http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?session_id=95&ss=1

Good luck with your new home!

Session 95 does indeed have a lot of information. An additional search to fill in a few missing quotes:
http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?sea...ic_order=1
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all the great responses. I had a look through session 95 and I found there a wealth of information. One area that might jumble up my plans is the 36 hours required for the salt to do it's work. We were planning to drive up to the new house (a seven hour drive), move in our stuff and then do cleansing rituals before retiring to sleep that night. What I might be able to do is drive up a week early, do the rituals and then drive home that same day, but then I wouldn't be around to make sure the salt was swept with the virgin broom at the 36 hour mark. I guess the question is, is there any reason why the salt could not remain in place for longer than the 36 hour period?

A further complication is that our landlord may be in and out of the house to do minor repairs between the time that I lay the salt and the time that we arrive to move in, and thus cross the lines of salt. I was uncertain if Ra said that the threshold crossing would be ill advised for the cleansing or for the individual crossing?

(07-16-2010, 01:02 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Salt is quick and easy. I would suggest doing the Banishing Ritual the first day you get there, before going to sleep. I don't think it matters so much that you do it before moving in your stuff, but it might be important to do it before retiring for the night. Also burning sage is quick and easy. I'd do all of the above.

Is the salt actually a quick process? Maybe Ra's advice of 36 hours was for the house Don spoke of specifically? We are also planning on burning sage. (in fact, my wife went out and bought some even before I thought about doing a cleansing, bless her!) While burning the sage, any advice on a good mantra while we do this? I am considering something on the order of “We praise the One Creator and give thanksgiving for this dwelling place, and the spiritual cleanliness of this dwelling place.”

Ali Quadir Wrote:We used to cleanse a house with smoke, a few incense sticks do the trick. But there's also the possibility of using an incense burner working with hot coal, and some dried lavender. Pick one you can hold in your hands so you can walk through every room with it, hold it in corners and trace corners and angles. Beware, It's smokey

Interesting! We plan to do this with the sage, but I hadn't heard about tracing the geometry of the rooms. Does this ensure that the entire room is covered metaphysically?

Ali Quadir Wrote:I used to run from it myself so it cleanses good. Wink

This is especially helpful as I am always trying to find more efficacious ways to banish Ali Quadirs from my home... Wink

Questioner Wrote:Will you have an opportunity like this in your SF home? I know that throughout the Bay Area, many homes have delightful garden nooks as part of the property.

Hey Questioner, nice seeing you around here again! Our new home has a little fenced in backyard area with grass and areas with flowers. But there is also some ambient traffic noise in our neighborhood from a nearby highway. This was the major concession we are making by moving to this locale. Our current house in Pasadena is in a very quite neighborhood, which I will miss. However the features of the new dwelling are greater than the loss of quiet outdoors, so we are content. Luckily the Bay area in general has much more green spaces and parks than does Pasadena- so even if the backyard turns out to be unsuitable for zen like contemplations, we may find refuge in the neighboring state parks. I totally agree about surrounding ones self with second density life and the peace one feels among such entities that live here without a veil.

Questioner Wrote:Ra provided instructions about how to properly set up the contact with the Bible, chalice, orientation of the bed, and so on. Perhaps you could pray for whatever guidance would best help you fulfill your spiritual use of the space.

An excellent suggestion. We plan to cleanse the house mentally with white light prior to moving (in addition to the other rituals), and I think it would be a great idea to ask for guidance for using the home most efficiently to continue our positive polarization.

Questioner Wrote:One thing you don't mention: In addition to asking negative forces to leave, invite the happy, positive, loving "good vibes" spiritual forces that delighted you at the house to be your welcome guests, sharing their love with you as they did with the previous family.

Beautiful!

thanks for your continued aid,
Lavazza
Thanks, I'm glad to be back here.

I'm very familiar with Pasadena, and a little bit familiar with the Bay Area. They're both comfortable in the winter. They both have so many beautiful and interesting places to visit. And there's no shortage of metaphysically minded people throughout California. If you don't like really hot weather (I don't) then summers are nicer up north, with the cooling sea breeze.

Session 95 refers to people who were dealing with current attacks on their work. Your descriptions sounds like a happy, positive, easy flowing move. The intention to do the cleansing before you move in makes sense. If you can't do that as you originally hoped, you'll still move in to a home that already has a harmonious sense of love.

I wonder, if you wait until you're at the new house, could you ritually cleanse a room or two a time? Or, once you drive up, could you take a couple of nights to commune with nature at a yurt in the redwoods or whatever? This would give the salt 36 hours to sit undisturbed, neither your family or the landlord coming in and out.
(07-17-2010, 10:40 AM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much for all the great responses. I had a look through session 95 and I found there a wealth of information. One area that might jumble up my plans is the 36 hours required for the salt to do it's work. We were planning to drive up to the new house (a seven hour drive), move in our stuff and then do cleansing rituals before retiring to sleep that night. What I might be able to do is drive up a week early, do the rituals and then drive home that same day, but then I wouldn't be around to make sure the salt was swept with the virgin broom at the 36 hour mark. I guess the question is, is there any reason why the salt could not remain in place for longer than the 36 hour period?

A further complication is that our landlord may be in and out of the house to do minor repairs between the time that I lay the salt and the time that we arrive to move in, and thus cross the lines of salt. I was uncertain if Ra said that the threshold crossing would be ill advised for the cleansing or for the individual crossing?

Did you notice this quote from Session 101? It may help answer your questions:

Don and Ra Wrote:101.7 Questioner: Would cleansing of the nature suggested for the other house just south of the airport in Atlanta be advisable for the 893 Oakdale Road address?

Ra: I am Ra. We note that any residence, whether previously benign, as is the one of which you speak, or previously of malignant character, needs the basic cleansing of the salt, water, and broom. The benign nature of the aforementioned domicile is such that the cleansing could be done in two portions; that is, no egress or entrance through any but one opening for one cleansing. Then egress and entrance from all other places while the remaining portal is properly sealed. The placing of salt may be done at the place which is not being sealed during the first of the cleansings, and the salt may be requested to act as seal and yet allow the passage of gentle spirits such as yourselves. We suggest that you speak to this substance and name each entity for which permission is needed in order to pass. Let no person pass without permission being asked of the salt. This is the case in the residence of which you speak.

Don't forget to cleanse outbuildings, if the property has any.
Hello friends,

I'm finally in a good position to do the cleansing rituals on our new house. I'm especially happy about this because there have been some less than harmonious exchanges between my wife and her mother-in-law (my mom... an unfortunate but common relationship Smile) when we first moved in, and just this last week we had a rather large and sudden fire in our neighborhood, forcing us to evacuate the area for a few days, and which has given my wife "the creeps" about being in the house (no one in our family hurt or property lost, but please offer a prayer to those less fortunate).

Anyways- I'm writing up a well ordered bullet point list of things needed to perform this ritual, and I'll post it here when I'm done, complete with photos of how my cleansing is set up / going. However- I have a few areas of confusion to clear up before I can begin.

1. The salting of the doorways / windows. It sounded like at first Ra was saying to only salt the windows/doors that are on the outside of the house:

Quote:95.6 Questioner: I assume that you mean that we should put the salt only on the outer doorway sills and not on the inner doorway sills in the house. Is that correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. We cannot express the nature of salt and water and garlic with clarity enough to inform you as to the efficacy with which salt absorbs vibrations which have been requested to move into salt when salt has been given water. We cannot express the full magical nature of your water, nor can we express the likeness and attractiveness of the garlic cut to lower astral forms. The attractiveness is negative and no service-to-self astral form will accept coexistence with the cut garlic.

But then a little later on in the same session:

Quote:95.8 Questioner: Is there any place more appropriate than any other to hang the garlic in the room; for instance, over the windows or anything like that? I know that it is supposed to be hung in the area of the bar but I meant in the bedroom. Is there any more appropriate place than another?

Ra: I am Ra. The windows and the doorways are most appropriate and, in addition, we suggest the salting and sprinkling of any door which may lead elsewhere than out of the dwelling in order to afford to the entities the understanding that they are not desired elsewhere within the dwelling.

So now it sounds like I should be only putting salt on the inside doorways so as to explain that the entity is not desired inside the house. Showing them the door basically. Or did I read this wrong? Which is it, inside doors, outside doors, or both in some cases?

2. There seems to be some slight confusion about the duration of time needed for the salt to do it's work. Ra states a few times over that the time period is 36-48 hours, however, there is this:

Quote:105.6 Questioner: We plan to cleanse the property at the Lake Lanier location using the techniques prescribed by Ra having to do with using the salt for 36 hours, etc. I would like to know if this is sufficient or if there is any salient problem with respect to moving to that house that Ra could advise upon at this time please.

Ra: I am Ra. The cleansing of the dwelling of which you speak need be only three nights and two days. This dwelling is benign. The techniques are acceptable. We find three areas in which use of garlic as previously described would be beneficial. Firstly, the bunk bed room, below the top sleeping pallet. Secondly, the exterior of the dwelling facing the road and centering about the small rocks approximately two-thirds of the length of the dwelling from the driveway side.

Need only be three nights and two days? The use of the word only seems to indicate that the time frame would be less, but in fact it is more. If I am understanding correctly, three nights and two days would equate to 60 hours, each period being 12 hours in length. This is the anomalous response from Ra as regards salting time, so perhaps it was just a mis-use of numbers on Ra's part? Or should I consider this further as regards my own dwelling and salting time plans?

3.I wanted to clarify and simplify this quote as much as possible, because it is extremely difficult to read. Please offer your comments on my interpretation of the following:

original 101.7 quote Wrote:101.7 Questioner: Would cleansing of...

Ra: I am Ra. We note that any residence, whether previously benign, as is the one of which you speak, or previously of malignant character, needs the basic cleansing of the salt, water, and broom. The benign nature of the aforementioned domicile is such that the cleansing could be done in two portions; that is, no egress or entrance through any but one opening for one cleansing. Then egress and entrance from all other places while the remaining portal is properly sealed. The placing of salt may be done at the place which is not being sealed during the first of the cleansings, and the salt may be requested to act as seal and yet allow the passage of gentle spirits such as yourselves. We suggest that you speak to this substance and name each entity for which permission is needed in order to pass. Let no person pass without permission being asked of the salt. This is the case in the residence of which you speak.
Lavazzas translation of 101.7 quote Wrote:101.7 Questioner: Would cleansing of...

Ra: I am Ra. Any dwelling whether malignant or benign needs the basic cleansing of the salt, water, and broom. The benign nature of the house you mention could be done in two parts; that is, only use one doorway during part 1 cleansing. Then during part 2, seal that door you had been using and use instead any other door. Put salt on all doorway thresholds during both parts, but during part 1 speak permission for yourself to pass to the salt that lines the doorway you have chosen for entry/exiting. Don't let anyone cross who does not have this permission.

I know that's pretty awkward, but I tried 'translating' line by line without reviewing the overall sentence structure. So does that sound right? Salt all doorways/windows, but ask permission to pass through one doorway for use of egress. Then repeat this process using a different doorway, ensuring that all doorways have been salted without being crossed for 36 hours. It would be noted that doing this in two parts as described about would make it an overall 72 hour cleansing process.

4. Lastly, would you consider a fireplace to be an egress / entryway? Not for a human probably, but I don't know about thought-forms and astral entities.
4. Depends how you feel about Santa.

Seriously, given the fireplace and chimney's association with fire and smoke (naturally), and your wife's discomfort after the fire disasters, there may be some extra solace for her if you address this issue in your ritual: that the house will only have fires YOU choose to be safely contained because of their beauty, subject entirely to YOUR will and comfort.

I don't know if there is any special significance for you of the Session 101 content, given that Highway 101 is a major north-south route in California. It could just be a random coincidence, or it could be a helpful clue. I don't know.
(09-16-2010, 02:01 AM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]4. Depends how you feel about Santa.

HAHA! Oh man, I have to say I'm glad you joined the forum Questioner. I appreciate your humor Smile I guess this will be the litmus test for our poor red-clad friend. He probably qualifies as a thought-form... Now if he is a "lesser" thought-form, he will not be able to cross the salt. I guess the fact that his name is an anagram for Satan isn't going to help his case Smile

(09-16-2010, 02:01 AM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, given the fireplace and chimney's association with fire and smoke (naturally), and your wife's discomfort after the fire disasters, there may be some extra solace for her if you address this issue in your ritual: that the house will only have fires YOU choose to be safely contained because of their beauty, subject entirely to YOUR will and comfort.

Wow, I hadn't even thought about the fireplace in terms of what it's of course for- fire. (we had yet to use it) I think that's a good idea, especially in light of recent neighborhood happenings. I see if I can think of some ritualistic words to say in this regard while placing the salt line along the fireplace mantle.

(09-16-2010, 02:01 AM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if there is any special significance for you of the Session 101 content, given that Highway 101 is a major north-south route in California. It could just be a random coincidence, or it could be a helpful clue. I don't know.

Our world is holographic and symbolic in nature. I'm sure you're on to something here, thanks for pointing that relevance out.

Any other takers for my four questions? I'm going to start my process this evening, so best to chip in while you can. I'll have to make my best guesses otherwise. This will probably be fine, but I'm trying to do it is "correctly" as possible according to what Ra advised.

Thanks all,
Lavazza