Bring4th

Full Version: Audio frequency of the chakras
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You may have heard of brainwave entrainment. It's like using certain frequencies through headphones to induce an altered state. There are like Theta and Alpha among others.

But I'm trying to locate the frequencies for the Chakras.

Problem is that different webpages use different frequencies.

I even saw on that used A=432Hz tuning, and used the musical scale to correspond to the chakra frequencies.

I'm helping a guy who has a site that plays audio sounds, and wanted to offer one that would help align the chakras.

Perhaps headphones can be used if it uses binaural beats.

The website is: mynoise.net

Lots of neat sounds, including nature there. But I have to keep it scientific too, logical. Because the owner isn't into the metaphysical.

Help would be appreciated.
Most traditions that attribute particular notes or frequencies to Chakra, in my experience, has done so with the equal temperament scale. I think there isn't a specific frequency but rather each Chakra has a sort of 'range' in which it resonates.

This is usually:

Root - C
Sacral - D
Plexus - E
Heart - F
Throat - G
Eye - A
Crown - B

This is based on A440 equal temperament, but for example A432 is still an A.
_______
_____
So, I can't remember where I found this (possibly from Wilcock's work relating music to platonic solids, colors, and by extension chakras) but I use the diatonic scale in the dorian mode when I exercise/clear my chakras. This means that it's the same scale that Aion cites, but it starts on D rather than C. So:

D: Red
E: Orange
F: Yellow
G: Green
A: Blue
B: Indigo
C: Violet

At this point I can't tell if I'm right or if I've just made a custom association, but I literally hear the tones in my head as I go up the chakras. I will say that I've found a strong resonance between D and red as well as G and green and C and violet, although those are powerful energy centers regardless of what you're hearing/imagining and I'm a novice.

I think we all find the Ionian (the scale Aion mentions) as the "most pleasing" scale, but historically it's a recent phenomenon as the defacto standard. I find it really satisfying to end on C at the crown chakra (violet) as a nice capstone. It seems to really resolve well at that point. But it's likely entirely subjective! I'll see if I can find more information about this.

Side note: I've often though of writing a program that could help me do the chakra clearing by allowing me to go up the scale in sequence as I meditate. If anybody has any suggestions on this, I'm all ears.

Update: I can't find any confirmation of my approach from 5 minutes of googling.
_________