Bring4th

Full Version: Q'uo and Quantization at the End of the Universe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking about some of the concepts discussed by some channeled entities, mystics, scientists, and speculators.

carrie, I'd especially like to find out if you know about how this works. Also, if anyone knows of Ra or Q'uo discussions that directly relate, I'd be happy to have the citations.

According to physics:

The universe has smallest units of size and time, below which current physics has nothing to say. The Planck length is so small that it would take more than 10^32 of them to span one millimeter - that is, write a ten and put 32 more zeroes after it, just to have enough Planck lengths for one well-trimmed cuticle; that's how big the number is.

Whether or not matter and energy could be in-between distances one Planck length apart, it is impossible for us to comprehend any positioning at a scale smaller than a Planck length. That is, if you represented the universe with a very detailed grid, if your grid's cells are one Planck length across then you do not lose any detail compared to what can exist and be understood to exist.

This is just like having a high-definition TV screen with so many individual dots that they blend together into a seamless, smooth image like a photorealistic window, rather than a batch of blocky individual pixels.

There is also the Planck time, which would require more than 10^44 moments to add up to a single second. The Planck time is the time that it takes to travel one Planck length at the speed of light in a vacuum. In other words, the time it takes for the fastest motion to go the shortest distance. When the universe changes, it is impossible for physics to say or comprehend any changes that take less than one Planck time. If the universe had a beginning, as far as we can tell it popped into existence at least one Planck time old. What happened before then is impossible to say.

Bashar has an eight minute presentation using a strobe light to represent our motion picture technology. It was on the Bashar home page yesterday, but with a video error on my computer I can't be sure if that's the same one there today. I can summarize the main point. If the flashes occur faster than we can perceive differences, then the frames blur into a single perception of a moving image. He says the universe itself flickers this way, and there is an illusion of motion as our consciousness proceeds from one static frame of existence to another. With human eyes and brains, this happens well under a hundred frames per second (10^2).

At higher densities, perception is fast enough to comprehend the individual frames and the spaces between them. With this increased comprehension, reality can be changed far more than our attempts to swat at pictures that have already zoomed on past our awareness.

According to current physics theories, there is a smallest amount of time and a smallest amount of space. In that smallest space, at any of the smallest times, could be a quantized unit of energy - energy that is only present, if at all, at one of a predefined range of steps, never midway between those steps. And in the smallest space could be a subatomic particle... one of only a certain number of types of particles, which have only a certain number of options for their attributes, combining in a certain number of ways to form atoms and molecules and us... never intermediate steps, never halfway between, never an intermediate blend.

Some people say that our universe is actually a computer simulation. It is a grid of locations in space and time, each cell holding an integer value representing a standard packet of energy or matter. Our consciousness explores a path through alternate versions of this grid. Perhaps every potential version of reality already exists, as previously computed still frames, and a life is a rapid sequence of visits from one already-existing still life moment, on to the next. In this version of Spiritual Sudoko, there is already a partially filled out version of every puzzle using every combination of numbers. We simply proceed from one frame to the next frame that shows one more spot in the grid has been filled in. The future already exists - every future already exists - but we have free will to explore any as-yet unvisited future that branches off from our current present.

Or perhaps new frames are created all the time, each filled in on a just-in-time basis as we make our decisions about what we truly believe. In this version of Spiritual Sudoko, there are no grids beyond what we have experienced so far. The next moment starts as a copy of this one, and then we write in one more number in an open slot. In this model, there is no future for us... YET -- until it is generated one Planck time before our awareness moves into it. Like the railroad-building trains that could lay a track just in front of themselves, then roll onto it.

In computer software terms, the difference is between a path exploring adjacent already-calculated nodes, or on the other hand, the use of a sparse matrix, lazily evaluated, with copy-on-write semantics.

I don't see that either model makes much of a difference for how free will occurs. But if the second is the truth, then congratulations: you're already at the end of the universe... always have been... and always will be. If you wonder how the universe ends, you're already living it. And one instant from now, the previous end of the universe will become part of your past. I find this idea appeals to me very much.

Got your mind into a nice pretzel yet?
That's some interesting stuff about Bashar; I think that I'll take a look at his stuff - I've never really been into any channeling sources other than Ra and Q'uo/Aaron/Laitos/Hatonn/Latwii/etc.

As for the Planck units, I don't think that thinking of the universe through a human's monocle is the best way to do it. The thoughts about Planck units reminded me of Ra talking about trying to divide infinity into parts when explaining what the Law of One is; it was something to the effect of one's inability to divide infinity into parts, because manyness is a finite concept. Then again, I'm no scientist and there's a really think veil that I can't seem to see through right now over my unconscious so what do I know?

I'm inclined to think that the second model you presented for the nature of the universe is correct. I mean I could see how the Creator undivided provides for, and therefore could in some way sort of "predict" what could happen in our lifetimes, but I don't think that the infinity of options are already laid out for us to choose from. Rather, I think that we, via free will, choose one of the infinity of options. All these thoughts about infinity are indeed making a pretzel of my mind :p

And for the last part, I agree that there is only Now. Like Ra, Q'uo and Eckhart Tolle have said, there is only Now. That's probably why "Be-ing" is so important, because there is only Now to Be in. Anyways :p

Heart Peace, Love, Light and Namasté Heart
(07-17-2010, 02:24 PM)JoshC Wrote: [ -> ]As for the Planck units, I don't think that thinking of the universe through a human's monocle is the best way to do it.

Good point and I love the metaphor. I am not astute enough about physics to really understand how the Planck units are supposed to work. As far as I can tell, anything put into words about physics these days is simply one person's metaphor for something that can really only be expressed mathematically. That math is at a level beyond what I can understand directly, so I try to piece together the situation from the storytelling metaphors.

If you happen to find the particular passage from Ra, can you please post it?

Both models could still work if the universe is not quantized in space, only in time. Without the universe being a computer simulation on a grid, it could still have individual moments as static frames of existence.

Quote:I'm inclined to think that the second model you presented for the nature of the universe is correct.

I like that idea better too. I find it comforting and empowering to think that God may be as eager and surprised as we are to discover what we choose next. From this point of view, prophecy is a prediction of future frames that are most likely to be reachable from the present, given current choices.

Let me explain the computer jargon I used.

"Sparse matrix" means that information can be accessed, but only the parts actually accessed are ever filled in. For example, if you had a computer system that could track up to 1,000 items' prices on a monthly basis for a year, a non-sparse matrix would require 12,000 data storage cells to be reserved for pricing information... whether or not you actually had a price for any particular product in any particular month. With a sparse matrix, you only need enough data storage cells for the actual price checks. This will never require more than 12,000 cells at most, but might be far less.

As soon as a given month's price is known for a product, a data cell is created for that product and month and linked in to the storage directory. There is some overhead per cell to indicate where it goes. If every cell is filled, you actually wind up using a total of more memory than a regular matrix. But if you leave most of the cells empty, the sparse matrix is far more efficient. It doesn't consume any memory wherever you don't have any information.

Applied to the universe, this might mean that areas that are not observed with consciousness simply don't exist.

"Lazy evaluation" means that values are only calculated when they are used. To continue with the price database, it might be able to calculate total prices of a shopping list in any month. "Eager evaluation" would calculate all those prices as soon as possible. (For example this is appropriate for payroll. You should always prepare a worker's paycheck even if they forget to pick it up! Same thing with traffic light controllers.) "Lazy evaluation" would wait until someone asks what the price total was in a particular month. Only then would the information be gathered and the calculation performed.

This seems to be what happens in our universe. Energy is available as either waves or particles. Their actual location is only determined when someone observes it.

"Copy on write" means that when more than one person uses information, an extra copy is made for each person that could change it. One person's changes don't affect the other person's version of the data. If the universe works this way, then time travelers always arrive at an alternate version of their destination.

Quote:Heart Peace, Love, Light and Namasté Heart
Thank you for the uplifting words!
Ra; Book One Session One Wrote:Ra: I am Ra. Consider, if you will, that the universe is infinite. This has yet to be proven or disproven, but we can assure you that there is no end to your selves, your understanding, what you would call your journey of seeking, or your perceptions of the creation.

That which is infinite cannot be many, for many-ness is a finite concept. To have infinity you must identify or define the infinity as unity; otherwise, the term does not have any referent or meaning. In an infinite Creator there is only unity. You have seen simple examples of unity. You have seen the prism which shows all colors stemming from the sunlight. This is a simplistic example of unity.

Questioner Wrote:I like that idea better too. I find it comforting and empowering to think that God may be as eager and surprised as we are to discover what we choose next. From this point of view, prophecy is a prediction of future frames that are most likely to be reachable from the present, given current choices.

I agree! Sometimes I get soo giddy thinking about it (like right now) lol. I can't wait to go meditate in a couple mins! I don't know where I remember this from, but I think Ra or Q'uo mentioned how the Creator is eager to incorporate "our" experiences into Its ever expanding experience of itself

Oh, now the sparse matrix makes sense. Thanks for a good explanation!

I think as for the type of evaluation that's used, it could be both. I think it may depend on the existence of an observer; if there were no observer, there would still be probability/possibility vortices (like the channeled entities in the L/L manuscript sections say often, and maybe even Ra too). So to think of it from a prophetic observer's point of view probably automatically indicates an eager type matrix, whereas when the illusion of separation is dismembered ( Wink ) or when no predictions are being made, the reality is more of a lazy matrix. What do you think? (then again this is from a 3d standpoint, I dunno what Ra sees...)

More Peace Love and Light. Namasté again BigSmile
When I was a kid I had this running joke if they would ever quantize time. It made me laugh many times.