Bring4th

Full Version: When Earth is viewed from another 3D planet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A funny idea just occurred to me. We consider Mars the planet of war, and Venus the planet of Love, and in our early mythologies they are represented as gods thereof. In reading the LOO, one sees the appropriateness of these descriptions based upon 3D evolution on those planets.

This begged the question to me: "When 3D entities view Earth from the surface of some other 3D planet in this solar system, what will our lovely blue orb represent to them?"

In their early mythologies, Earth will be the god of .....(what?)

Anxiously awaiting everyone's thoughts and explanations.

3D Sunset
What an interesting question!

I'm thinking something along the lines of
'God of Transformation'.
'God of Realization'
'God of Hope'
'God of Enlightenment'
'God of Awakening'

We were predominately on same path as Mars, but now are beginning to choose more and more the path of Venus. Hopefully others will see this and label this planet according to our ability and choice to move from the darkness into the light. It would be nice if our planet could inspire that kind of movement in the lives of others when they look up at it.

Be well,
Kensanwa
I agree, great question! Fun to think about. And great (and hopeful!) answers, kensanwa. I'm going to ponder this some more. It may be that the answer will become clear once we reach the harvest and it becomes apparent what kind of choices we have made. For now, though, I've got to say that "God of Transformation" sounds awfully good.
Indeed it does Smile
Great feedback, everyone. I've toyed with several ideas myself. Along the lines of "Transformation" the thought of "Transmutation" came to mind, as that of changing base metals to gold through alchemy. Which led me to this suggestion:

Earth, god of alchemy.

On the surface it has a mundane meaning but, by piercing this outer meaning, we find a more profound interpretation.

I'd love to hear some more thoughts!

3D Sunset
A rather hopeful guess might be that we are depicted as Plato's allegory of the cave, but perhaps just a mythological story about one man like that. In the cave, watching the shadows on the wall, one day finally gets set free, goes out into the light, etc. To me, that story pretty much represents what has been happening on earth for known history. People going out, seeing the broad daylight and the wonders of creation, then going back into the cave and trying to tell the shadow-watchers, who mostly mock them and refuse to believe them. To me, that is the most accurate mythological story to represent earth as a whole. Falls in line with the whole awakening idea I suppose, but also more complicated.
When the light shines correctly upon Venus it looks very similar to Earth; maybe another God of Love.

Though looking at the land and ocean combo God of Confusion imo lol. :p

Love and Peace
As an after thought (i am bad about these you'll see) 3d is the density of confusion isn't it. Fitting I think.
Excellent question!

I would offer:

God of Fast Food
God of Evangelicalism
God of Total Confusion
God of Way Too Much Information
God of Overactivity
God of Prozac
God of Non-Silence.... better yet
God of Noise
God of Sleep
God of Distraction
God of Get Your Freakin Act Together People, Jesus! Come on Already.

No, my perspective is not jaded. : )

Okay, if the solar system awards us an epithet with a positive slant, I would vote (and hope) for:

God of Rediscovering (that which is lost)
God of Hardwork and Fortitude
God of Beauty in the Darkness
God of Sacrifice and Hard Choice
God of Beautiful Blind Folly
God of Hope
God of Really Awesome Movies, especially The Fountain
Interesting idea, and oddly I had pondered this myself with a slightly different slant.

Density-Color
1 - Red - [Mars]
2 - Orange - [?]
3 - Yellow - [Earth]
4 - Green - Venus
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 - All - Sun [One]

Not extremely scientific, but the thought crossed my mind based on the mythos and the LOO references that somewhat corresponded as you observed.

Peace and Joy,

Jason
(02-02-2009, 04:33 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]We consider Mars the planet of war, and Venus the planet of Love, and in our early mythologies they are represented as gods thereof. In reading the LOO, one sees the appropriateness of these descriptions based upon 3D evolution on those planets.

This begged the question to me: "When 3D entities view Earth from the surface of some other 3D planet in this solar system, what will our lovely blue orb represent to them?"

In their early mythologies, Earth will be the god of .....(what?)

Anxiously awaiting everyone's thoughts and explanations.

3D Sunset

A-h-h-h, a poets question to be sure dear 3D.

I might suggest Janus: Janus was usually depicted with two heads looking in opposite directions. In short, he was the God of Duality. Given 3D is the density of duality, it would seem fitting that Janus be this choice representative. In general, Janus was the patron of concrete and abstract beginnings, such the religion and the Gods themselves, of the world and the human life. He was frequently used to symbolize change and transitions such as the progression of past to future, of one condition to another, of one vision to another, and of one universe to another. He was also known as the figure representing time because he could see into the past with one face and into the future with the other. Hence, Janus was worshipped at the beginnings of the harvest and planting times, as well as marriages, births and other beginnings. He was representative of the middle ground between barbarity and civilization, rural country and urban cities, and youth and adulthood.

Moving away from the poets answer, it might be that such a mythos is one reserved only from the Earth perspective verses of that from another planet. In the Persian holy books it is said that “on the planets depends the existence or non-existence of the world—wherefore are they especially to be venerated.” . “The seven planets rule the universe,” says a Nabatean inscription.The Greeks and Romans believed that “everything is, in fact, subject to the changes brought about by the revolutions of the stars.”

The ancients were sufficiently enlightened to know that the planets are large rocks like the Earth that circle on orbits. And this makes the modern scholars wonder: knowing that the planets are rocks, why did the ancients believe that they are gods. The ancient mythologies of the Chaldeans, the Greeks, the Romans, the Hindus, the Mayans, all preoccupy themselves not with the Sun or the Moon, but prima facie with the planets. Marduk, the great god of the Babylonians, was the planet Jupiter; so was Amon of the Egyptians, Zeus of the Greeks and Jupiter of the Romans. It was much superior to Shamash-Helios, the Sun. Why was it revered by all peoples? Why was the planet Mars chosen to be the personification of the god of war? Why did Kronos of the Greeks, Saturn of the Romans, play a part in hundreds of myths and legends? Thoth of the Egyptians, Nebo and Nergal of the Babylonians, Mithra and Mazda of the Persians, Vishnu and Shiva of the Hindus, Huitzilopochtli and Quetzalcoatl of the Mexicans, were personifications of planets; innumerable hymns were dedicated to them and adventures and exploits ascribed to them.

“The celestial orbs by their combined movements are the authors of all that was, and is, and is to come.” According to ancient Hebrew traditions, “there are seven archangels, each of whom is associated with a planet.” “The seven archangels were believed to play an important part in the universal order through their associations with the planets..."

The reason for the deification of the planets lay in the fact that the planets only a short time ago were not faultlessly circling celestial bodies, nor were they harmless. This is also expressed in a Mandaean text: “How cruel are the planets that stay there and conspire evil in their rage . . . the planets conspire in rage against us.”

However, all being equal, it would seem Janus, poetically, as the God of Duality, and named for the first month of the year (January) would seem most apropos and befitting.

Earth as third, and third as yellow, and yellow typically equating with mind seems most fitting indeed. Where the first chakra resonates to group tribal power, and where the second chakra resonates to the flow of power between the self and others, the third chakra relates to our personal power in relation to the external world. A well-developed third chakra empowers us to live our best lives, reduce inertia, and take action toward our goals. The color yellow has represented wisdom and intellect throughout the ages. Does this not sound familiar, even as relates to the LOO?

Humble and fun-filled musings,

Q
The God of Indifference... Ruling over the sinkhole
Earth, God of Paradox. Tongue

Godspeed!
(03-01-2009, 03:12 PM)ubergud Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting idea, and oddly I had pondered this myself with a slightly different slant.

Density-Color
1 - Red - [Mars]
2 - Orange - [?]
3 - Yellow - [Earth]
4 - Green - Venus
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 - All - Sun [One]

Not extremely scientific, but the thought crossed my mind based on the mythos and the LOO references that somewhat corresponded as you observed.

Peace and Joy,

Jason
Earth is the Sun's communication Chakra. (Ever wonder why Earth is a Blue planet?). The Earth also has a feminine energy.....so, more properly, the Earth might be viewed as the Goddess of Communication (of song, especially).
Yes!!!! Goddess of Song! That carries a tune....
Definitely a Goddess of something !!!
I have known her as "Goddess of Compassion" or "Goddess of Beauty" ...