Bring4th

Full Version: Kind People
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's make a thread where we describe a time when another person in the kindness of their being helped us or someone around us out!

Several years back my best friend's car battery died at a gas station right down the road from his house, he called me to come out and help him push his car back home. In the process it turned out both of us were a bit too weak to do so in a quick, and hence safe manner.
Well, a guy in a black leather jacket saw us struggling to get the car rolling, and ran over without question and gripped his trunk and began pushing with us, out of the blue, no questions asked.

Because of this man not only did we get his car out of the parking lot and onto the street, but I was able to follow him and the man in my own car, and halfway down the road once we were rolling at a good speed I had the fun of getting to put my front bumper to his back bumper (that sounds dirty lol) and push his car with my car all the way back home through a left turn and two right turns.

The experience was greatly appreciated.

Has anyone else ever been subject to the random kindness of another person?
Here's the first one to pop into my head!

At work, we have a couple who are regulars who comes in every other week or so. They are very kind and not high maintenance at all, and spend a decent amount of money. They always leave a 20% tip on their credit card and then also leave a $50 bill as an "extra, tax-free" tip. They do this for everyone, almost no matter what.
There was a woman who lived down the street from the house I lived in as a little girl. Her name was Ruth, and the adults in town called her the "old maid."

She had a two-story Victorian house with hardwood floors and old furniture beautifully kept. I used to visit her along with some of the neighborhood children. She had a large sun room that let in much light at the back of her house where we would play—it was our room. Two walls were lined with cupboards on the floor. The cupboards were stuffed with old clothes and random household things for us to play with. Other than that the room was empty. I remember sitting on the blond hardwood floor warmed by the sun, getting into those magical cupboards, feeling safe and happy.

She would sometimes make cookies for us, or popsicles in the summer. She never bothered us or hovered. We could go there at any time and she would welcome us in. Sometimes I went there alone. Her home was a haven of unconditional love. Her gentleness and loving kindness were a port in the storm. She provided a safe, loving environment for the neighborhood children, all of whom had various troubled family situations. She was an angel to us.
(02-04-2017, 12:37 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]There was a woman who lived down the street from the house I lived in as a little girl. Her name was Ruth, and the adults in town called her the "old maid."

She had a two-story Victorian house with hardwood floors and old furniture beautifully kept. I used to visit her along with some of the neighborhood children. She had a large sun room that let in much light at the back of her house where we would play—it was our room. Two walls were lined with cupboards on the floor. The cupboards were stuffed with old clothes and random household things for us to play with. Other than that the room was empty. I remember sitting on the blond hardwood floor warmed by the sun, getting into those magical cupboards, feeling safe and happy.

She would sometimes make cookies for us, or popsicles in the summer. She never bothered us or hovered. We could go there at any time and she would welcome us in. Sometimes I went there alone. Her home was a haven of unconditional love. Her gentleness and loving kindness were a port in the storm. She provided a safe, loving environment for the neighborhood children, all of whom had various troubled family situations. She was an angel to us.

Sounds like my late grandma's home. I have fond memories of that place. But my dad and stepmom live there now and I'm not allowed there, or to stay there.
My wife is the kindest person I know. I know that sounds bias but everyone that meets her express how thoughtful and kind she is.  She always sees the good in others and it is quite remarkable and inspiring at times.

#tearsstartwellingup
I remember a time when I went into a water store and saw this guy helping an elderly lady carry jugs of water out into her car.  He treated her with such gentle kindness, and then the next customer with the exact same kindness.  I remember him asking me if he could go help his customer out and how he smiled when I told him to take all the time he needs.

I remember walking into that same store to get a snowcone, and seeing him try really hard to come up with a flavor mix I'd like (polar punch pina colada), and then he gave it to me for free for being patient with him, and then we talked, and talked.  And talked...  Then one day I asked to be your friend, and you said yes.

And then you were there for me more often than not.  And then suddenly I had the friend I was always looking and hoping for.

I remember, when one person's kindness made my life infinitely better. . How you let me cry on you when my grandma died.  How you came all the way out to mesa to get me cause my boyfriend screwed me over at 2 in the morning.

I remember your kindness.  It broke my heart and put it back together better than it had ever been.

Thank you.
(01-30-2017, 09:05 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]Let's make a thread where we describe a time when another person in the kindness of their being helped us or someone around us out!

Several years back my best friend's car battery died at a gas station right down the road from his house, he called me to come out and help him push his car back home.  In the process it turned out both of us were a bit too weak to do so in a quick, and hence safe manner.
Well, a guy in a black leather jacket saw us struggling to get the car rolling, and ran over without question and gripped his trunk and began pushing with us, out of the blue, no questions asked.

Because of this man not only did we get his car out of the parking lot and onto the street, but I was able to follow him and the man in my own car, and halfway down the road once we were rolling at a good speed I had the fun of getting to put my front bumper to his back bumper (that sounds dirty lol) and push his car with my car all the way back home through a left turn and two right turns.

The experience was greatly appreciated.

Has anyone else ever been subject to the random kindness of another person?

I was out with a friend collecting bottles for food money, and we saw this finnish guy in an elevator and as we were talking he joined the talk and after a while he bought us beer and cider and we were sitting outside and talking, and after around 30 minutes we left in the same direction to try to find a weed dealer but we didnt have any luck so he just randomly took 20 bucks from his wallet and handed it to us and said good luck, we bought weed and smoked it together and had a good time with my friend, it is rare to get money out of the blue like that but it was a good experience and I hope the person is doing fine, I've had people give me money out of the blue before but never when I am outside with a friend and we even got enough bottles for food and both of us ate well that night.