Bring4th

Full Version: The Holy Science
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently begun reading this book called The Holy Science by Swami Sri Yukteswar. I first became aware of the book during my reading of the very famous book Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda many years ago but I never got around to reading it. It was written in 1894 at the request of the author's guru's guru, an immortal sage living in the himalayas called Mahavatar Babaji. It's a very interesting short book that deals with cosmic cycles, similarites between religions and spiritual development. I highly recommend it and it can be found for free online. It's not very difficult to understand but some experience with samkhya or vedanta philosophy is helpful.

I've studied the Law of One series and the Q'uo channelings since 2009 and I felt a deep connection when I read the following (abbreviated) paragraph:

Quote:The Word is the beginning of the Creation. The manifestation of Omnipotent Force (the Repulsion and its complementary expression, Omniscient Feeling or Love, the Attraction) is vibration, which appears as a peculiar sound: the Word, Aum. In its different aspects Aum presents the idea of change, which is Time in the Ever-Unchangeable; and the idea of division, which is Space in the Ever-Indivisible.

The Four Ideas: the Word, Time, Space, and the Atom. The ensuing effect is the idea of particles--the innumerable atoms. These four--the Word, Time, Space, and the Atom--are therefore one and the same, and substatially nothing but mere ideas.
This manifestation of the Word (becoming flesh, the external material) created this visible world. So the Word, Aum, being the manifestation of the Eternal Nature of the Almighty Father or His Own Self, is inseparable from and nothing but God Himself; as the burning power is inseparable from and nothing but the fire itself.
(02-01-2017, 03:19 PM)1109 Wrote: [ -> ]I've recently begun reading this book called The Holy Science by Swami Sri Yukteswar. I first became aware of the book during my reading of the very famous book Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda many years ago but I never got around to reading it. It was written in 1894 at the request of the author's guru's guru, an immortal sage living in the himalayas called Mahavatar Babaji. It's a very interesting short book that deals with cosmic cycles, similarites between religions and spiritual development. I highly recommend it and it can be found for free online. It's not very difficult to understand but some experience with samkhya or vedanta philosophy is helpful.

I've studied the Law of One series and the Q'uo channelings since 2009 and I felt a deep connection when I read the following (abbreviated) paragraph:

Quote:The Word is the beginning of the Creation. The manifestation of Omnipotent Force (the Repulsion and its complementary expression, Omniscient Feeling or Love, the Attraction) is vibration, which appears as a peculiar sound: the Word, Aum. In its different aspects Aum presents the idea of change, which is Time in the Ever-Unchangeable; and the idea of division, which is Space in the Ever-Indivisible.

The Four Ideas: the Word, Time, Space, and the Atom. The ensuing effect is the idea of particles--the innumerable atoms. These four--the Word, Time, Space, and the Atom--are therefore one and the same, and substatially nothing but mere ideas.
This manifestation of the Word (becoming flesh, the external material) created this visible world. So the Word, Aum, being the manifestation of the Eternal Nature of the Almighty Father or His Own Self, is inseparable from and nothing but God Himself; as the burning power is inseparable from and nothing but the fire itself.
You are referring to om,  ॐ
In the beginning was thought but otherwise sounds good.
(02-01-2017, 03:19 PM)1109 Wrote: [ -> ]I've recently begun reading this book called The Holy Science by Swami Sri Yukteswar.

I just started reading this book as well. How do you interpret the 'yugas' in relation to the densities? So we are well into Dwapara, does that mean that fourth density ends with Dwapara? Also, why does the cycle revert backwards all the way back to Kali Yuga? This doesn't make sense to me, because Sri Yukteswar says this:

Quote:The period of 4800 years during which the sun passes through the remaining 4/20th portion of its orbit on either side of the point nearest the grand centre is called Satya Yuga; Dharma, the mental virtue, is then in its fourth stage and completes its full development; the human intellect can comprehend all, even God the Spirit beyond this visible world.

So why would the evolution of man revert back all the way to Kali Yuga, 100,000 times in total before the "creation is dissolved?" Or is that just a metaphor for the sixth density being choosing to Wander and incarnate in third density to balance past karma? (I feel like this timeline isn't relevant once man enters the next yuga and time becomes less concrete.)

[Image: a005b4a717f8eb21d4c86ca8b54e46ed.jpg]
(02-01-2017, 05:40 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2017, 03:19 PM)1109 Wrote: [ -> ]I've recently begun reading this book called The Holy Science by Swami Sri Yukteswar.

I just started reading this book as well. How do you interpret the 'yugas' in relation to the densities? So we are well into Dwapara, does that mean that fourth density ends with Dwapara? Also, why does the cycle revert backwards all the way back to Kali Yuga? This doesn't make sense to me, because Sri Yukteswar says this:

Quote:The period of 4800 years during which the sun passes through the remaining 4/20th portion of its orbit on either side of the point nearest the grand centre is called Satya Yuga; Dharma, the mental virtue, is then in its fourth stage and completes its full development; the human intellect can comprehend all, even God the Spirit beyond this visible world.

So why would the evolution of man revert back all the way to Kali Yuga, 100,000 times in total before the "creation is dissolved?" Or is that just a metaphor for the sixth density being choosing to Wander and incarnate in third density to balance past karma? (I feel like this timeline isn't relevant once man enters the next yuga and time becomes less concrete.)

[Image: a005b4a717f8eb21d4c86ca8b54e46ed.jpg]
That's something I've been thinking about as well. My current interpretation is that the cycle of 24000 years that Yukteswar talks about is the same as the major cycle of 25000 years that Ra talks about and that the yugas only apply to third density. Because remember that in third density it is the sub-logos, the sun, that provides most of the catalyst and that the zodiac has effects on personalities, especially for less developed souls. In fourth density there is no veil so the experience is completely different.
(02-02-2017, 04:39 AM)1109 Wrote: [ -> ]That's something I've been thinking about as well. My current interpretation is that the cycle of 24000 years that Yukteswar talks about is the same as the major cycle of 25000 years that Ra talks about and that the yugas only apply to third density. Because remember that in third density it is the sub-logos, the sun, that provides most of the catalyst and that the zodiac has effects on personalities, especially for less developed souls. In fourth density there is no veil so the experience is completely different.

Ok, that makes sense - although why are there then 100,000 of these major cycles, according to Sri Yukteswar? Thats 99,997 cycles more than Ra stated (75,000 years for all of third density).

Another thing: It seems to me that if even in ignorant Kali Yuga there were entities capable of preparing themselves for harvest, how could the cycle even continue past Satya Yuga? In that golden age of enlightenment, would not every entity incarnated be well past the 'harvestable' requirement?

Actually, one more: how does this schedule allow for the potential of a planet's service-to-self advancement? It seems that to choose service-to-self as a planet, they would have to depart this cycle altogether.
My belief isn't so much that he is incorrect. But this is how interprets his experience. Or this is his distortion of knowledge. To me the six times reset to Kali yuga is talking about catastrophic events such as Lumeria and Atlantis.
(02-01-2017, 03:31 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]You are referring to om,  ॐ
In the beginning was thought but otherwise sounds good.

Hi Ashim, i dont want to be a smart ass, but would like to offer a different perspective.
Yukteswar is referring to a mantra, "aum", not really a word.
Not sure, if you're familiar with mantras, in case you're not a mantra is a "word" (or multiple words), which is the representation of a state of being.
This "state" would be a lets say vibration, this vibration would be translatable into "inner sounds", these inner sounds would arise in you , if you speak that mantra loud or mentally.
By means of resonance, you help this "state" arise in you.
Sorry, if you already knew!

In that regard, the "word" is not teally a thought, just like the "one original thought" ra refers to has not much to do with the kind or level of thought we usually have in our human form.

Aum, according to how experienced it would be the mantra that describes creation, the eternal process of evovolving from one-ness and uniting again with one-ness. I would say it describes more the "moving" nature of it, whereas om would describe the static portion, the unchanging completeness.
This is at least how i experienced it.

Are you familiar with mantra practice? If not, it might be interesting for you!
(02-02-2017, 05:00 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2017, 04:39 AM)1109 Wrote: [ -> ]That's something I've been thinking about as well. My current interpretation is that the cycle of 24000 years that Yukteswar talks about is the same as the major cycle of 25000 years that Ra talks about and that the yugas only apply to third density. Because remember that in third density it is the sub-logos, the sun, that provides most of the catalyst and that the zodiac has effects on personalities, especially for less developed souls. In fourth density there is no veil so the experience is completely different.

Ok, that makes sense - although why are there then 100,000 of these major cycles, according to Sri Yukteswar? Thats 99,997 cycles more than Ra stated (75,000 years for all of third density).

Another thing: It seems to me that if even in ignorant Kali Yuga there were entities capable of preparing themselves for harvest, how could the cycle even continue past Satya Yuga? In that golden age of enlightenment, would not every entity incarnated be well past the 'harvestable' requirement?

Actually, one more: how does this schedule allow for the potential of a planet's service-to-self advancement? It seems that to choose service-to-self as a planet, they would have to depart this cycle altogether.
I've re-read the first part of the book but couldn't find the number 100 000 anywhere. There was a description of the day and night of Brahma being one thousand divine ages, that is for day and night combined 2*12000*1000 = 24000000, 24 million. Ra's cycle is 75 million, maybe there's a connection there?

Yukteswar says these cycles of time only affect those who haven't become divine. I interpret that similar to how less evolved souls are effected primarily by catalyst from the sun. I don't think 4th density and up are as effected by these cycles because of their multidimensional time.

The harvest is now, I don't know how being harvestable in satya yuga affects the harvestability now. I do however think that opening the heart is possible in any age.

It seems to be quite possible to choose the negative path during the golden age, just look at Atlantis.