Bring4th

Full Version: Pescatarians?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently discovered that eating red meat or chicken makes me throw up, but fish seems okay. Is anyone else having this issue?
Not here but I might suggest a reason for this.

A majority of the red meat and chicken in the world is so utterly disgustingly abused and mistreated that many times their fleshy byproduct of their death is tainted with very sick and disturbed energies of suffering.

Also the food industry is abysmal at food safety regulations (your peanut butter has a tolerance level of how much 'crushed bug' in it is too much, that tolerance isn't 0%) so you might have consumed poorly kept meat that had some nasty bacteria on it that your system expunged.

That or your personal health no longer can support such products, this happens to some people mentally, they become physically sick just from entertaining the thought of eating meat, and for others its purely physical in that their digestive system can no longer handle the thick and heavy meal of meat (and the sauces, vinaigrette's, and other thick substances we consume alongside meat products, like cheesy pastas or thick gravy with mashed potatoes) requiring many digestive enzymes be produced with very little return nutritionally for all of that effort.  The body eventually can't support this, and opts to expunge what it can't absorb.

I personally dream that one day, meat won't be so widely consumed in such disgustingly large amounts...  The animals...Need some time to replenish and heal!
That answer makes a lot of sense. I've only been eating salads and sardines/herring for a few years due to the very agricultural practices you mentioned. You're right. It's disgusting.

Thank you for your clarity of thought. Love and light to you and yours this day.
This is not to influence you on the issue in general, of course, but as I just got sent this article, I thought it worth posting here: Eating Fish? Then You’re Eating Plastic, Too

-`ღ´-
Is there no escape from the pollution and toxicity!!?? D:
(02-15-2017, 07:23 AM)Nía Wrote: [ -> ]This is not to influence you on the issue in general, of course, but as I just got sent this article, I thought it worth posting here: Eating Fish? Then You’re Eating Plastic, Too

-`ღ´-

Thank you for posting the article. I thought I was safe with eating plankton-consuming bait fish. Apparently not.

So what are the other options for protein when soybeans and peanuts have been GMO'd?

BTW - Before moving to my new residence I lived 3 miles from Monsanto's world headquarters. Every time you drive by there someone is protesting on the shoulder of the highway.
(02-15-2017, 04:07 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]Is there no escape from the pollution and toxicity!!?? D:

I found this some time ago, but it doesn't address the issue of getting safe protein unless one wants to get heirloom soybean seeds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9vN2eudWcQ
(02-15-2017, 04:25 PM)Cirocco Wrote: [ -> ]So what are the other options for protein when soybeans and peanuts have been GMO'd?  

Organic soybeans and peanuts? Wink As to other (plant-based or not) sources of protein, there's a number of threads here, and lots of information on the webs (organic labels should always guarantee no GMOs are involved)...?

-`ღ´-
F.Y.I. - This website has both very rare and beautiful heirloom varieties of vegetables and tomatoes in particular. http://www.amishlandseeds.com/ Shipping is pretty fast and this has always been a reliable vendor in the past.

I can no longer garden due to physical limitations and no land to plant, but I thank you for the information.
Organic means non gmo, and I have no trouble finding organic soy, wheat, nuts, etc. But it does take diligence.

The need for protein is a pretty big myth. Protein deficiency is almost impossible, because you would pretty much die from starvation before you would die from lack of protein. Everything has protein. I just try to eat whole foods (not processed), and as many of them as possible. For instance, one of my favorite things to make this winter has been chili - I make traditional chili with tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, and corn, and then I add kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans, garbanzo beans, lentils, and brown rice. I make a big batch and then make a batch of cashew sour cream with nutritional yeast (cheesy flavor) and I have a great big pot of all sorts of good stuff. Oh yeah I've added crumbled tofu to the pot too. You could pretty much add anything you want.

Changing your diet is a slow (and for me, constant!) process. Just trust your body and listen to yourself. Let things happen, and don't worry about not getting enough of this or that. I've been a vegan for almost five years and there were times when my diet was relatively atrocious (as far as balanced goes) and I've still been quite healthy. I've never counted calories or carbs or grams of protein or anything like that, I just like cooking and eating. Smile (Although, full disclosure, I am paying way more attention to sugar on labels, thanks to the other thread!) 
Be advised that I live within a 50 mile radius of Monsanto's world headquarters. Organic food is expensive here, and beans are an issue for individuals with an endothermic metabolism.

I hear you about sugar. I stopped using that a few years ago due to a massive yeast overgrowth. It was a rather miserable experience overall, but definitely worth it. Beware of Splenda or anything with aspartame. It's made from the genetically-modified waste of e. Coli.

Yum, right? Tongue
How about farmer's markets (probably not the best area for those Tongue), or online shopping? Might not be ideal option, environmentally, but if certain considerations are taken, still a valid option? Or maybe there's an organic food truck operating in the area, or a co-op, community garden, CSA/collective farming or green box scheme...?

Xylitol (birch sugar) is our favourite sugar replacement. Smile

-`ღ´-
(02-16-2017, 12:13 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]one of my favorite things to make this winter has been chili - I make traditional chili with tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, and corn, and then I add kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans, garbanzo beans, lentils, and brown rice. I make a big batch and then make a batch of cashew sour cream with nutritional yeast (cheesy flavor)

GUH, my mouth just totally...Just...  J-Just...Omg that sounds so good I could die of happiness...

WHY, WHY DO YOU ALL NOT MAKE ONE BIG THREAD WITH ALL OF THESE RECIPES

I'D PAY FOR THEM WITH CASH

Want so bad, omg.