Bring4th

Full Version: Visualization.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to start visualizing in my daily meditations.

For those who visualize:

1) Do you visualize the same thing every time you meditate?

2) Are your visualization exercises separate from your meditation? Or is your sitting quietly, not thinking meditation combined with visualization?

3) What do you visualize?

4) This thing that you visualize, did you invent it yourself? Or did someone else mention that they use the image, and you adopted it?

5) Are you 'attached' to the image you visualize? Or would you switch to something else? What governs your choice?

6) What does your symbol represent? For example, the first thing that I thought of visualizing is a deep beautiful turquoise rose. But its meaning lies just in the fact that it is beautiful and ethereal. Do I search for some symbol that carries more meaning?
(02-14-2017, 12:07 AM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to start visualizing in my daily meditations.

For those who visualize:

Nope.

(02-14-2017, 12:07 AM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]2) Are your visualization exercises separate from your meditation? Or is your sitting quietly, not thinking meditation combined with visualization?

Depends. A lot of my behaviors are not so much structured and disciplined, as they are more spontaneous.

(02-14-2017, 12:07 AM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]3) What do you visualize?

Whatever suits my fancy.

(02-14-2017, 12:07 AM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]4) This thing that you visualize, did you invent it yourself? Or did someone else mention that they use the image, and you adopted it?

The object of visualization doesn't matter too much, from my perspective, what *is* important is getting 'absorbed' into the image without losing self awareness. If you lose self awareness, you will in all likelihood enter a dream state, which you may or may not remember depending on how much you've practiced (of course, it also depends how deep you are trying to go). A dream is essentially just an unconscious trance state. If you are sitting upright, you likely won't fall asleep (but it can happen). Sometimes you have to develop the ability in stages. What I mean by that is you might start off by spending a month to a couple of weeks setting a timer for like 15 minutes and focusing so deeply that you might well lose self awareness. And then after you get a good focus going on, gradually attempt to reintroduce self awareness into that intense focus. Once you get a 'feel' for the type and depth of focus that makes the images life like, self awareness isn't too hard to develop in concert with it.

(02-14-2017, 12:07 AM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]5) Are you 'attached' to the image you visualize? Or would you switch to something else? What governs your choice?

Whatever I can become fascinated with. I often visualize a blue, translucent, iridescent, round, glass sphere, but not because it contains any innate value, rather because it was one of first things I ever clearly visualized to the point of it becoming a crystallized image that looked 'real' rather than just a ghosty semi visualized mind image. And so I became sort of enamored with the image. I've often recreated things like the image of a penny, or a crisp red apple.

(02-14-2017, 12:07 AM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]6) What does your symbol represent? For example, the first thing that I thought of visualizing is a deep beautiful turquoise rose. But its meaning lies just in the fact that it is beautiful and ethereal. Do I search for some symbol that carries more meaning?

You could certainly visualize a symbol, or something of that nature, if you like. Sometimes practicing the same image repeatedly can help you more easily get where you want to go. But by the same token, you might become bored, and then lose your focus. There is a point where the image becomes apparently self sustaining and it almost seems like is has an independent reality (like a dream), at that point, you can start to plug into other realities, which at first feels like you are just imagining, but it sort of requires a bit of faith, because the nonphysical merely reflects your beliefs. So if you believe it is real, you begin to move into sympathy with real nonphysical realities, but if you think its a hallucination, you will move out of phase with them into the orange ray personal zone (lower astral/self projection). It is an extremely subtle line that takes a lifetime to fully souse out the fine details of. A fine line between distorted delusion and pristine clarity. But if you aren't looking to plug into other realities, and you just want to crystallize or polish your 'window' or '3rd eye', consistent practice will net you crystallized results. You can polish the window without necessarily shining a light out of it or into it. You can look out of the window at night, and during the day, but even though it is harder to see at night, a clean window will allow you to see a lot of things even in low illumination. I must apologize, I'm addicted to metaphors these days (they are so fun haha).

Visualization, when you get good at it, can be better than any video game, movie, or [insert other means of entertainment] and as Ra said, its a powerful way to transcend boredom and discomfort.

One of the keys for me was repeatedly doing an exercise (at the time, I was trying to learn self hypnosis), where I would set a timer and visualize a raisin, and then keep asking myself questions about the raisin. What is its texture? Examine its nooks and crannies. Mentally 'feel' its surface. What does it smell like? What does it taste like? What is its history? How did it become a raisin? Every time you are tempted to think of something else, ask yourself another question about the raisin. What you are doing is gradually training yourself to become fascinated by the object of focus. You are learning to control your conscious and unconscious attention. It is a powerful skill. You begin to get a subtle sense of the 'momentum' behind conscious attention. You'll gain an awareness of what 'noncontradicted focus' means. You know how when you read a book, you get so focused you don't see words anymore, you just see the story in your minds eye? That is a clue to how trance states work. The key word is 'absorption'.

I'm no expert, these are just some helpful pointers I've come across. Hopefully you will find them useful.
(02-14-2017, 12:07 AM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]6) What does your symbol represent? For example, the first thing that I thought of visualizing is a deep beautiful turquoise rose. But its meaning lies just in the fact that it is beautiful and ethereal. Do I search for some symbol that carries more meaning?

I think the rose is a fine thing to meditate on:

Ra Wrote:42.13 ▶ Questioner: Can you mention some exercises for helping to increase the attention span?
Ra: I am Ra. Such exercises are common among the many mystical traditions of your entities. The visualization of a shape and color which is of personal inspirational quality to the meditator is the heart of what you would call the religious aspects of this sort of visualization.

The visualization of simple shapes and colors which have no innate inspirational quality to the entity form the basis for what you may call your magical traditions.

Whether you image the rose or the circle is not important. However, it is suggested that one or the other path towards visualization be chosen in order to exercise this faculty. This is due to the careful arrangement of shapes and colors which have been described as visualizations by those steeped in the magical tradition.

42.14 ▶ Questioner: As a youth I was trained in the engineering sciences which include the necessity for three dimensional visualization for the processes of design. Would this be helpful as a foundation for the type of visualization that you are speaking of, or would it be of no value?
Ra: I am Ra. To you, the questioner, this experience was valuable. To a less-sensitized entity it would not gain the proper increase of concentrative energy.

42.15 ▶ Questioner: Then the less-sensitized entity should use a… What should he use for the proper energy?
Ra: I am Ra. In the less sensitized individual the choosing of personally inspirational images is appropriate whether this inspiration be the rose which is of perfect beauty, the cross which is of perfect sacrifice, the Buddha which is the All-being in One, or whatever else may inspire the individual.

I think you may find the inner guidance visualization described here to be of worth too:
http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._1011.aspx
(02-14-2017, 12:07 AM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to start visualizing in my daily meditations.

For those who visualize:

2) Are your visualization exercises separate from your meditation? Or is your sitting quietly, not thinking meditation combined with visualization?

3) What do you visualize?

4) This thing that you visualize, did you invent it yourself? Or did someone else mention that they use the image, and you adopted it?

5) Are you 'attached' to the image you visualize? Or would you switch to something else? What governs your choice?

6) What does your symbol represent? For example, the first thing that I thought of visualizing is a deep beautiful turquoise rose. But its meaning lies just in the fact that it is beautiful and ethereal. Do I search for some symbol that carries more meaning?

1. No.  I was left with the impression an apple is a good start.  I found I sucked at it, so stuck to simple shapes.  Circle, Square, Triangle, and eventually overlaid them
[Image: squaringTheCircleAlchemicalGlyph.jpg]

Also fruits I consume are good practice, I try to envision the banana or orange I ate, and to see it clearly.  If I ever manage to get a vivid image, I then try to send it into the light so to speak with thanks for becoming one with myself.

2. It...Depends.  Sometimes in the middle of a clarity meditation I'll be struck with an image that flashes in and out.  Typically I record this mentally, but sometimes the image lingers, and I attempt to visualize it back into vivid form.  Other times a moment of intuition will strike me that I should switch to a visualization.

The most common visualization I used to be struck with was of a funnel leading into a tube deeper inside of me.  Now a days I conjure that imagery in clarity meditations without considering it a visualization meditation...  I do consider there in terms of psychological nudges and energetic intent, a difference between consciously attempting to visualize, and letting a visual in a still meditation move you.

3. Shapes.  Fruits.  Trees.  Colors.  Numbers.  Chakras.  Geometries pertaining to Chakras.  I sometimes visualize my outer courtyard of the heart.  It changes now and then but it is pretty much a constant appearance of a mausoleum's giant front yard populated with an overlaying cemetery and varying 'paths' leading to 'the seller's of doves' so to speak, and there's one place in the far back behind the mausoleum itself that resembles a giant sinkhole that can be walked right into despite the sheer 90 degree cliff drop.  I've come to call that place the Darkest Darkness of My Soul, it's in there I met parts of myself not scared to murder me, I found their imagery were visualizations in and of themselves.  Many of them wore flat masks to obscure their identities, but I know underneath each mask is my face.

I visualize elements of my stories sometimes.  Such as in my zombie book and demon book, I used to visualize specific characters like a sort of zombie or a succubus or a random woman on the street who had some mention in the book.

I extremely enjoy doing this with my time travel book though, those visualizations come completely to life and move without my will directing them.  The main character herself has appeared to me as a completely differently looking person, and each time coming out of those meditations I realized I'd stumbled upon another portion of my novel already devised within my subconscious.  It's weird when your own novel's protagonist tries to break the '4th wall' of the mind and start a conversation with you as a disembodied observer.  The first time that happened I scared myself out of the meditation lol.

I visualize the sun and moon and Earth itself, as per Ra's suggestion, I do now and then visualize the Earth, and see bright white gold light flooding into it's atmosphere.

I visualize the interior of my chakras to try and examine them.  My red ray especially is easy to see in this fashion.  The indigo ray is like looking at a...Spider's face covered in eyes.  So many vortices, so many things happening, like seeing the energetics of the brain, I can't manage indigo ray visualizations of this nature.
The violet ray however is a totally different story.  Visualizing the hand of God gently resting over the top of my head (like an adult might do to a child as they pass her by in a friend's party), as the violet ray, has led to some interesting insights and intuitions.

I once visualized my own self.  I recognized in some ways the polarities of my body, realized how in ways I'm androgynous.  Such as my shoulders are very masculine (so much so I'm proud of how attractive they appear), but my chest is effeminate looking.  My upper body is feminine while my lower is masculine, my left and right hands physically do not resemble each other, I have an entirely different thumb skeletal structure on my left than than I do my right hand.  I have a hitchhiker's thumb on my right hand but not on my left, which makes no sense genetically to me...  Thankfully the link given literally says, don't use hitchhikers thumb as a guide to genetics, hah.

That meditation sort of solidified to me that I'm potentially 6D, but I hate saying that as it makes me feel like I'm more advanced than I feel myself to be...

I try to visualize my old cat, Clem, and try to reach out to him and give to him more love because I felt his time alive with me was lacking the love I wanted to give him.  I can't do it though, I end up becoming too emotional.  I just wish I would have pet him more, that's all I want to do.

4. Both

5. If by 'attached' you mean grow hooked on to, then sometimes yes. Only I view this as a reminder of needing to maintain clarity in the meditation, I'm meditating to not be as the conscious mind that latches onto thoughts and emotions.  When I do I need to 'pull myself out of it', which I attempt with the thought affirmation, "Pull yourself out of it, man!" like a person trying to coax someone in irrational panic from remaining in irrational panic.

...  Um, I don't understand.  My 'symbol'?

I was once called a Bismuth.

lol Jk, jk, I meant this:
[Image: crystals_1_5.jpg]
[Image: latest?cb=20160707232615]

So my symbol could be said to be a...  Spiral regardless of it's properties.  Things like...
[Image: nehof.gif]
[Image: tumblr_njj641ucsB1txeruoo2_r2_500.gif]
[Image: rainbow_vortex_by_smooothe-d5lo9fc.gif]
[Image: CLIo0hW.gif]

If it's any indication of Phi, it might be another indicator that I'm a 6D Wanderer...  As I apply all the aspects of Phi as representations of utter unity.  But it could also just be an affirmation to my feelings of being a paradox and 'unusual' in the way Phi is considered an irrational number.