Bring4th

Full Version: What is the difference between Monad and Logos?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this doubt. Thank you.

Peace, love and light.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monad_(Gnosticism) Wrote:In some gnostic systems the Supreme Being is known as the Monad, the One, The Absolute Aiōn teleos (The Perfect Aeon, αἰών τέλεος), Bythos (Depth or Profundity, Βυθός), Proarchē (Before the Beginning, προαρχή), and Hē Archē (The Beginning, ἡ ἀρχή) and The ineffable parent
Ra Wrote:78.20 [...]You may fruitfully view each Logos and its design as the Creator experiencing Itself

Couldn't find a quote that approximated Logos to the 'One Infinite', so I'm going to assume a VAST difference.

Ah yes, Mr. Monad and his infinite aeonic emanated selves in contrast to Mr. Demiurge and his 7 Archons.  See the symbolism right there?  Of Infinity / Finity

A supreme being with an infinite number of selves overseeing the infinite metaphysical
and
A 'supreme' being with a finite number of ruling entities over the (in)finite physical

We can see then that the Monad is considered as we consider our One Infinite Creator, a sort of synonymousness, and I personally think it'd be inappropriate to attribute as the One Infinite Creator as superior to the Monad as I think in each system they represent almost PRECISELY the same figure.

The Logos on the other hand might be viewable as synonymous to the Demiurge if you can manage the large leap of our Loving Logos to the 'selfish Demiurge'.  Beyond this bridging of concepts, I won't refer to the Logos as synonymous...

Rather I'll just say that the Logos as I see from a search about Logos
http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=logos

Yields mainly cosmology and archetypical queries.  The One Infinite, in my understanding, did not become a 'Logos' until it's physical space/time//time/space creation was manifested and it's laws dictated like blueprints gently tinkered with and changed from Logos to Logos, with the term Sub-logoi applying ad infinitum down to all entities with Free Will and the ability to Co-Create such as Our Sun, the Earth, and Ourselves.

Which is a major difference to 'The One Infinite'.

Maybe I don't understand, I personally struggle with the Logos concepts as well as the Archetypes so maybe I'm misunderstanding that the Logos applies ad infinitum up to the very One Infinite Itself, but I can't help but think that the Logos is a distortion of the One Infinite, and not the One Infinite Itself.

May I ask what your doubt is?
The monad is the Godhead. Under that are the Logoi. But all are One being.
Greek philosophers and gnostics were not familiar with the Law of One but they did have similar philosophical foundations.

The Monad would be the first emanation of the Absolute, akin to the first Logos which emanates from intelligent infinity or unity. However, I've seen this term often used synonymously with the Absolute or intelligent infinity as well. It's use tends to vary, but I associate it with the former.
In my own humble opinion. The Aeons represent Creationistic Archetypes or Logos That are emanated by The One. The Monad in my opinion is Equal To OIC just different terminology. The way I understand our nature is formless flowing through forms. So this whole universe or logos is but a representation of the creator of which there are Infinite representations due to the nature of who we are. Infinity.

I see the Logos as an evolving entity, just on a macrocosmic scale. I see problems/catalyst in the world, as mentality from the highest resounding into our lives. So the state of things are due to who we are. We are a growing learning being.

I see the demiurge as a tool neccesary to the evolution in a greater sense. The demiurge is well apart of us as everything else.
Basically what I am getting at is that Infinity, is not a concept or mathematical problem. Its our identity. It is our nature. We our Infinite

One beings mind creates/created all things. So everything is Infinitely intermeshed with each other. Because in all honesty The Original Thought is which Infinite Intelligences sprung to life, and every thought, and concept grows from that vine. Just as the object is contained within the subject.
(02-15-2017, 04:46 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: [ -> ]The demiurge is well apart of us as everything else.

I thought this once!  May I request you explain further what you mean by this and how it might apply?

I viewed the Demiurge as a sort of metaphor to the part of every human that is 'separate', or as a representation of the illusive nature belonging to all of us as illusions of human's inside the illusion of 3D.
Reading The Ra Material I came to the conclusion that the Monad is the mind/body/spirit complex totality. Here Ra talked that the Higher Self is a extension of this totality :

Quote:36.10 Questioner: Well, let, let me be sure I understand this then. We have spoken of certain particular individuals. For instance, we were speaking of George Patton in a previous communication. Then his higher self at the time of his incarnation here as George Patton about forty years ago, his higher self was at that time sixth-density? Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. We make note at this time that each entity has several beings upon which to call for inner support. Any of these may be taken by an entity to be the mind/body/spirit complex totality. However, this is not the case. The mind/body/spirit complex totality is a nebulous collection of all that may occur held in understanding; the higher self itself a projection or manifestation of mind/body/spirit complex totality which then may communicate with the mind/body/spirit during the discarnate part of a cycle of rebirth or, during the incarnation may communicate if the proper pathways or channels through the roots of mind are opened.

What you think?

Peace, love and light.