Bring4th

Full Version: Sacrifice/Delayed gratification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the only person I have come across that has shown, what I would call "true empathy". The first experience I had of this type of empathy was when I watched Carla in an interview with Denise Wilbanks. Carla was emphasising the importance of becoming conscious of our own intentions, metaphorically described as loving the wolf within us. What Ra call "Consciousness is the microcosm of the Law of One".

I personally learn best by watching people speak. Reading a book takes away the opportunity to read what is being conveyed. This is why I love the medium of interviews or film because I get the benefit of body language. A good actor, or actress, in my view, embodies (literally!) what they are trying to communicate. Their bodily behaviour vividly backs up, or contradicts what they are communicating in words. 

Anyways, despite the controversy around Jordan's motivations, his body language compels me.

Okay, that's my pitch. Here is Jordan speaking about what sacrifice means to him.

"It's a paradigm problem, fundamentally" - Jordan Peterson.
I was reading your post and I thought of Jordan Peterson before I saw that you linked a video to him! He does an interview within Dave Rubin, and I cannot recommend this interview enough! He's moved in The heart when he begins talking about lifting your head up to the transcendent. Its powerful.
https://youtu.be/VSMJKKoza8A
(02-20-2017, 08:59 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]I was reading your post and I thought of Jordan Peterson before I saw that you linked a video to him! He does an interview within Dave Rubin, and I cannot recommend this interview enough! He's moved in The heart when he begins talking about lifting your head up to the transcendent. Its powerful.
https://youtu.be/VSMJKKoza8A

Ha! That's the exact interview that I was referring to!!  He cares deeply for humanity and his passion to teach/learn is inspiring.  BigSmile
Have you seen his interview with Stefan Molyneux yet, Nicholas?

This is another good 'entry level' introduction to Jordan. (And to Stefan too!)

Both are hateful men, by the way! Serious neo-Nazis. Just listen to them talk... sheesh!
/sarcasm
Hey Nicholas,

Catch wind of this yet?

(Trust me, you can skip through, no need to suffer through the whole thing.)

"a lot of people who are protesting, 'trying to make the world a better place,' are trying to provoke a very negative response"

I'll leave it at that.
I think you explained exactly why I don't like to read books so much. I need visuals and intimacy for clear communication. Youtube interviews are great for that. There's nothing like one on one interaction for getting clear understanding of one another.