Bring4th

Full Version: Thread subscription
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I edit my subscription method for a particular thread on this page, my chosen option which is e-mail notification in this case, is only effective until my next response to that thread.

..At which point my subscription is lost and I have to subscribe by e-mail again.

The only alternative I have for automatic e-mail notifications is by altering the "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" on this page, an option which inadvertently affects all threads I participate in.

Unless I am missing something, I would like an option to use permanent e-mail notifications only for specific threads of our choosing.

P.S I posted this only because I want to subscribe to this thread
Thanks for the heads up. So far as I can tell, this isn't working as intended. I'm going to mess around with it to see if I can figure out the issue and a possible solution, I'll wrangle Steve in if needed.

Can you clarify, what is your method for originally subscribing to threads? Do you click on "Subscribe to this thread" in the lower left of the page?
(02-23-2017, 02:01 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]what is your method for originally subscribing to threads? Do you click on "Subscribe to this thread" in the lower left of the page?
Yes
(02-23-2017, 03:46 PM)earth_spirit Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-23-2017, 02:01 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]what is your method for originally subscribing to threads? Do you click on "Subscribe to this thread" in the lower left of the page?
Yes

I'm having some trouble recreating the issue. When I tested it, my subscription to a thread remained even after I responded to the thread without me having to resubscribe.

If you don't mind, some further clarification: after you respond to a thread and the email subscription stops, what does it look like on the "Subscribed Threads" page? Has the thread disappeared completely? Has it changed status under Notification Method? Does it look the same, and just not send you emails?

Sorry if this seems tedious, just trying to get the whole picture to work with.
(02-23-2017, 06:46 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]When I tested it, my subscription to a thread remained even after I responded to the thread without me having to resubscribe.
If you don't mind, some further clarification: after you respond to a thread and the email subscription stops, what does it look like on the "Subscribed Threads" page? Has the thread disappeared completely? Has it changed status under Notification Method? Does it look the same, and just not send you emails?

Apologies, I should have written that they change status to "No Notification".