Bring4th

Full Version: PM Quick Replies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whyyyy? Seems highly redundant to me and I keep sending empty messages because I keep thinking I'm clicking to reply but it's just the quick reply send.
[Image: 66508819.jpg]
(02-25-2017, 11:30 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Whyyyy? Seems highly redundant to me and I keep sending empty messages because I keep thinking I'm clicking to reply but it's just the quick reply send.

I found the setting for MyBB to disable the Quick Reply form in the PM system. I would not be sad to see it go, but would want to make sure there's no opposition to having it removed before I do. I'll disable it in a few days if no one shows up here to defend it.

In the meantime, there is a little button on the Quick Reply form (little rectangle on the far right in the same row as the words "Quick Reply") that you can click to minimize the Quick Reply form, and it should remain minimized for all future PMs until you expand it again.
I don't think anyone would notice if it was gone.
No argument from me, but knowing I can just minimize it sort of makes me ponder if disabling it is necessary.
CURSE THIS UNWHOLESOME TECHNOLOGICAL APPENDAGE

"If your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off, and throw it away from you."

let us observe silence for this cyberphysical excision.
It's not a big deal, it just seems superfluous. Maybe clicking Reply is too time consuming for some folks? All good either way, I just don't think it is necessary in the first place in my humble opinion.
I'm not against removing the quick reply box, I'm just making my usual confounding/confusing remarks and thoughts.

The prerogative is b4's operators.
Why????? Haha that button has gotten me to. Seriously gave me some catalyst before lol!
(02-28-2017, 11:32 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not against removing the quick reply box, I'm just making my usual confounding/confusing remarks and thoughts.

The prerogative is b4's operators.

Which is fine baby, as the creator, you can do as you will.

BTW us I find your thoughts highly intelligble. I don't think you have mind complex issues, in as much I believe you have emotional imbalances due to lower chakra blockages/imbalances. With the activation of higher chakras and the subsequent 'use' makes the instrument become top heavy. There are many configurations or states that can occur due to the further stress that is placed on the lower chakra centers. This usually manifests as extreme fatigue, emotional instability, and mental cloudiness. This is by far an in general assessment,and the states and possible configurations of energy center operation is infinite. However in my experience the lower chakra being blocked and imbalanced usually results in more refined bodily and emotional problems/distortion. Which obviously play into mental and spiritual complex problems as we/universe is dynamic in every way,and nothing is ever singular but the one. Which is dynamic of itself, and redounds throughout creation, or rather creation is manifested through such manners akin to symbiosis. What I find to honestly help is to reduce energy influx into higher chakras. In particular my indigo ray is overly active, and the pure 'weight' of this over activation, causes strain in lower chakras.I reduce/restrict flow/influx, and usually switch to orange ray focus. What I have encountered for the lower chakra is that a proper configuration is akin to an emotional/energy charge being manifest in your experience/mental complex.For instance for me when orange ray is flowing and minimally balanced joy can be seen/felt emanating from orange ray. Now I use to look at certain rays as being responsible for emotion. Now I see emotion as rather an extension of intuitive insight. Emotions themselves are like thermometer readouts consistently. Like a ping betwixt micro and macro that creates a relative state to be felt. Each chakra is like a thread being woven into to the experience of your being.Which has an emotional identity a mental identity and a spiritual identity. You are a thought form, so it is only relevant that thought form follow the same structure.
I went ahead and disabled it. I can see it causing issues for people accidentally clicking it when they just wanted to reply. This isn't an issue for Quick Reply on the regular forum posts because that field is normally blank, whereas in the PM system it is already populated by a quote of the message. Also, the minimize button isn't very obvious, so it doesn't fulfill the function properly. Hope disabling it helps.
Bingo. Thank you for considering the request.