Bring4th

Full Version: Mantra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey fellow seekers!
i was wondering if any of you works with mantras.
Mantras in the original sense i mean ( contrary to a metaphor that describes a multiple times repeated phrase)

I found that a mantra represents a state of being.
By speaking or chanting the mantra (either aloud or to yourself) you create an inner sound or vibration (obviously, similar to singing a song mentally).
this sound or vibration creates a resonance deep within, helping that specific State of being to arise.

(a mantra is also helpful in strengthening inner focus, and it's Great to still the mind, since it doesnt take place in the intellectual mind but serves aus a focus for awareness, which then is nötig available for thinking anymore)

that said, i have to say that i had a deep fascination for the "aum" mantra, i always liked it and Last year i practiced it intensively.
This led to some cool experiences, especially with consciously connecting with the Ra SMC.
I had the Impression (i described it in the "healer" thread), that the "aum" mantra serve das a vehicle to connect with Ra.

now i came across a Q'uo Session this morning:

(it's only a side-question in the session, so i dont Link it)

Q\uo Wrote:Carla: One question. I notice that when I say your name in channeling there seems to be an “a” before your name when I verbalize it. I wondered what I was picking up?

I am Q’uo, and am aware of your query, my sister. We are, as you are aware, a principle which has been created or constructed of two different mind/body/spirit complexes, each of which contains its own signature vibration or sound vibration which designates and identifies the entities involved. The beginning of the identification which you have noticed is that sound of, as we have discovered your peoples call it, the spheres, the great Aum which those of Ra partake of in a more balanced fashion. Thus, this sound of the “a” is a kind of bleed-through or a vibratory range that somewhat overlaps the blending of our two sound-vibration complexes, overlaps and underlies, for this sound of the spheres is that music that is available to any entity which has tuned itself to the one creation.

What do you think about this?
Is anyone into mantras?
Yeah...

to focus and work on your chakras there are six mantras you can use :

LAM : for red ray energy center
VAM : for orange
RAM : yellow
YAM : green
HAM : blue
AUM or OM : indigo
@ gentle wanderer
Does that mean you practice it?
There is an article I am trying to post but for some reason it isn't loading right now, it has a lot of useful info on the original tantric concepts of chakras and how they relate to Mantras. Basically in old writings there is no exact agreement on the number of chakras or where they are located. The common 7 band with the rainbow is an invention of western occultism and was made large by the work of Blavatsky. The Bhagavad Gita even suggests up to 22,000 different chakras.

This is because the idea behind chakras is their use in 'nyasa' which is basically the creation of mantras which are designed to create energy movement in specific paths in the system. Thus, associated symbols and aspects would be built around the point so it can be charged through the mantra. This is more like making a 'spell' than the mantra chanting of monks.

Also, apparently the popular tones such as Lam, Vam, etc don't actually correspond with the chakras themselves but rather correspond with the elements that are supposed to be dominant in each Chakra. Thus Lam is for the earth element and why it is used for Muladhara.

Some stuff I remember from the article.
Quote:In Hinduism, nyasa is a Tantric ritual that involves a series of touches in specific locations on the body. This is done by a "seer," or rishi, who chants a specific mantra to “place” it on a body part. It is thought that this ritual imparts the presence of a deity in the body, or makes the body of the individual more divine. In Sanksrit, nyasa means “placing” or “touching.”

In Tantric yoga or meditation, practitioners may lay hands on themselves or mentally “place” a mantra in specific locations on the body.

https://www.yogapedia.com/definition/5327/nyasa

Very similar to the western idea of placing symbols in the aura, or maybe the western idea is similar to this.
I have been practicing a tantric breathing technique given by Mahavatar Babaji a few hundred years ago.
It also utilizes a Seven chakra system.
The existence of many many more chakras is however totally acknowledged, just not utilized in many techniques.

Do you have practical experience with mantras, Aion?

I started some years ago, earlier i wasnt interested too much and couldnt imagine a real usefullness.
I am very curious though, and because of that i did the Babaji mantra for about 4 days nonstop.
Convinced by the results, i decided to give it a longer try, i then did it nonstop for almost a year, with fascinating results.
The "Aum" mantra i started Last year, on and of, just for the beauty of it.
I wouldn't say I have particular experience with the nyasa style creation of Mantras but I am familiar and have practiced toning and chanting with Mantras. I do believe that there are elements to western ritual magic that are very similar to nyasa and have likely been drawn from the practice.

A typical example of this is the Qabbalistic Cross which is the first part of the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram. The words of the Mantra are "Ateh Malkuth, Ve Geburah, Ve Gedulah, Le Olam, Amen". This is done in ritual style with movements as such and intonation.

Ateh - touch forehead
Malkuth - touch solar plexus
Ve Geburah - touch right shoulder
Ve Gedulah - touch left shoulder
Le Olam - touch palms together
Amen - release

However I have also used toning for Reiki symbols which is more or less the same as toning a mantra. Toning was a big part of my Reiki training actually and sound is a large part of my healing focus.
I don't think I've ever done OM while meditating. But I usually do energy work which is silent. And it takes silence to hear the Creator, or so says Ra.
Silence is the beginning of mental work and is the key to opening the door to Intelligent Infinity, but I would say that you can silence the mind even while you are singing. It is about becoming receptive.