Bring4th

Full Version: What are some mental and physical exercises that unblock the throat chakra?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Spiritual and physical lump in the throat. I perceive it as a hardened lump of metaphysical animal fat. What are some visualization or mental mind game exercises I can do to melt it away?
_______
Isn't that a little fast for meditation? I tend to do super slow deep breath instead of short burst. What does that change?
Breathing fastet and deeper floods your Body and energy system with life force and oxygen.
This is mainly useful to get stuck emotions into Flow again.
Blockages usually are "made up" of stuck emotions, so it is helpful in that regard.

We usually breath rather shallow.
When one onserves, how one breathes in emotionally difficult situation, the breath is usually extremely shallow, in order to block out unwanted emotions.
Deeper and fastet breathing has the opposite result.

Deep meditation however would require a slower breath, als NightOwl said, to still the mind, so to say.
Q'uo usually says that the blockage is not in one chakra entirely. So the throat chakra may have a correspondence in the lower chakras. The chakra band 1-3-5 might be helpful to contemplate.
Sing. Speak your mind. Share some wisdom with someone.
(03-16-2017, 03:59 AM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]Spiritual and physical lump in the throat. I perceive it as a hardened lump of metaphysical animal fat. What are some visualization or mental mind game exercises I can do to melt it away?

That blockage is often caused by holding back what you really want to say. I find laughter is good for almost all blockages though.
Laughter is a wonderful medicince

+1
The throat chakra has been an issue for me. I think it derived (for me) from not being able to communicate early in life, or more specifically, not being understood. 

For the physical: One thing that really helped me was martial arts training, and in particular the "kaia." It's the shouting which accompanies the powerful tightening of core muscles and movement of that power. When I first started I could barely do it. My kaias were weak and sickly sounding. As I became more practiced and embodied the techniques and principles of martial arts, my throat opened up more.

For the spiritual: Speak your truth. The key is to also align with the heart. This is no easy task, at least for me. If you are speaking truth, you may be offending or hurting. If you are trying to be kind, you may be suppressing your truth. For many years I have been endeavoring to balance this. I'm not there yet but I have come a long way. 
(03-16-2017, 03:59 AM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]Spiritual and physical lump in the throat. I perceive it as a hardened lump of metaphysical animal fat. What are some visualization or mental mind game exercises I can do to melt it away?

You've been over using iodine

This was suppose to contain an question mark, as it was a question.
I would like to add in regards to the throat chakra, although you in a way said this:

I think the issues are about expressing the self and communicating the self, not only verbally but on all levels.
(03-16-2017, 01:00 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: [ -> ]

You've been over using iodine

I disagree, iodine very distinctly brings blockages to the surface and forces me to face them. 'Excess iodine' will simply force one to face deeper blockages that perhaps s/he is not ready for. I take 3-4 drops a day, while many holistic sites recommend working up to 40-50 drops a day.
(03-16-2017, 09:31 AM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Sing. Speak your mind. Share some wisdom with someone.

I can't help but feel that these are the outcomes of having an open throat chakra, rather than ways to achieve one. But it must be more like the muscle that has to be worked, and a muscle allows for stronger usage of that muscle.
What if I can't laugh without forcing it? Is that really clearing anything?
(03-16-2017, 01:32 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2017, 09:31 AM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Sing. Speak your mind. Share some wisdom with someone.

I can't help but feel that these are the outcomes of having an open throat chakra, rather than ways to achieve one. But it must be more like the muscle that has to be worked, and a muscle allows for stronger usage of that muscle.

I would say that is part of it. It's a process.

As Nau7ik mentioned a lot of times blue ray blockages are rooted in lower ray blockages. For me I have yellow ray issues that lead me to sometimes hold back from participating in social activities or conversations or altering my opinions so I don't cause waves, which ends up leading to blue ray issues.

(03-16-2017, 03:44 PM)Night Owl Wrote: [ -> ]What if I can't laugh without forcing it? Is that really clearing anything?

Sounds like you would need to work on your orange ray first.
(03-16-2017, 03:44 PM)Night Owl Wrote: [ -> ]What if I can't laugh without forcing it? Is that really clearing anything?

Yeah see I often cannot laugh. I laugh infrequently. My throat feels closed to vocal expression. Any advice for severe throat blockage?
Since I've opened up I laugh and smile a lot more.
(03-16-2017, 04:34 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]As Nau7ik mentioned a lot of times blue ray blockages are rooted in lower ray blockages. For me I have yellow ray issues that lead me to sometimes hold back from participating in social activities or conversations or altering my opinions so I don't cause waves, which ends up leading to blue ray issues.

I usually enjoy what you have to say if that help you clear it out. Happens to me too when I don't want to hurt other's feelings. Usually what makes me say it anyway is if I see someone is already hurting others then it seems like they are only asking to be shown the extent of their own doing.

Quote:Sounds like you would need to work on your orange ray first.

I'm already on it, it's just so (insert any words meaning hardship). I don't have a problem smiling, seeing positivity, being happy and doing jokes. I just can't make a natural laughing sound out of my mouth. Sometimes people tell jokes I just feel like if I even try they'll feel worst because it sounds like I'm trying to hide a big ''that's ssooooooo not funny but thanks for trying'' which would make them feel bad. Sadly it just happen anyway because I didn't laugh at the joke. There are those moment where I feel there's just no good solution. Thanks to people who know how to be funny, it's so much of a relief not to feel like I have to try.
(03-16-2017, 04:35 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah see I often cannot laugh. I laugh infrequently. My throat feels closed to vocal expression. Any advice for severe throat blockage?

So far shouting is what worked most for just opening ''expression'' for me. But there's so much more to blue ray it doesn't clear out everything.
To me, one of the most significant things about the throat chakra that Ra talked about was the need for honesty. In fact, it is a "paucity of honesty" in our culture that is one of the reasons for difficulty in penetrating this energy center. So when I think about unblocking the blue ray, I don't think just in terms of communication, but of honest communication.

I have a bit of a unique interpretation of what exactly honest communication is. As example, say that you get get incredibly angry at a person and call them all manner of insults then punch them in the face. This would be an honest expression of how you feel, right? But I do not think that it is indicative of a person who has opened the heart chakra and penetrated the throat chakra.

Honesty, to me, in this context, is understanding yourself to such an extent that you know where you are communicating from, so that what you are communicating is sort of naturally imbued with your honesty. You understand the depth behind whatever it is you are saying, you realize the path you have walked which causes you to form whatever opinion it is you are expressing, you have an awareness that you still have distortions or biases and try to account for those, you have grasped the nature of your personal evolution to an extent that it informs how you view others and how you communicate with others. The required honesty seems to come from the need to be honest with one's self, before honesty with an other-self.

Part of this, I think, is then communicating in a way that you determine to be effective. You are able to better see where another person is coming from and attempt to meet them there. Instead of just shooting off what you believe to be true without consideration for how it is received, you do your best to communicate so that your communication will be understood with minimal distortion. It means your truth may be shared in different ways with different people.

With that in mind, I think one of the most effective exercises is simply discussing with someone you disagree with, and be mindful of a desire to understand and to be understood. Instead of trying to "win" an argument and be right, turn the argument into a discussion. Ask people why they feel a certain way, share as honestly as possible (with consideration for the other person's feelings) why you feel the way you do, and try to find common ground. And be comfortable with walking away with disagreement still in place.

A less intimidating exercise is to practice having discussions from two different points of view. I have found this especially helpful when attempting to work through issues with personal relationships.

I think a lot of people have arguments in their head with people, but we often skew those arguments so that we are victorious. I have found that this energy which feeds this internal arguments can be harnessed and ultimately released by becoming more mindful of them. Instead of allowing them to stay in your head, write them down. Take both sides. First, explain your point of view, your emotions, your part in the issue. Then do your best to put yourself in the other person's shoes and genuinely try to explain things from their perspective. Have a conversation back and forth with both sides attempting to come to an understanding of the other side.

This exercise not only helps practice mindful communication, but is very helpful in coming to a better understanding of ourselves and cultivating an empathy for those we seem to be in opposition to. You can take the exercise to another level by actively speaking for both sides. And make it even more powerful by recording yourself, audio or video, explaining one side of a discussion, then putting yourself in the mentality of the "other," and watching yourself, then recording a response to that.

You will feel and look like a crazy person, but I have found these sorts of methods incredibly powerful. It is always interesting to see the depths of the conversations I can have from different perspectives, and when recording myself, it can be very eerie to watch myself enact roles that I normally wouldn't express.
Austin beat me to it, and said it much more eloquently than I possibly could.

Still, I want to add my voice in.

Honesty to me is not 'being honest' by telling 'the truth' whether it be in a kindly fashion or a blunt one.  Honesty to me is an attempt to form a coherent and harmonious connection, a foundation for unity to function upon.  It could be considered Diplomacy of Other Self by Diplomacy of Self, by becoming in a way connected in honesty of who and how and why you are, you can approach another with the same fashion of energy and in a sense, cut through the dishonesty without cutting it at all.

Imagine when you spoke to someone, you sent ripples over them.  In blunt honesty, you are hammering those ripples against them.  In scathing honesty you are cutting them with those ripples.  The key to 'honest' communication is speaking in such a way that your ripples you evoke from yourself and over others don't disrupt you or the other in a way as to be harmful or separating.  If those ripples form a connection rather than a disruption, you've been as honest as you could be.

Speak love, not war.
Type love, not war.

Love being an attempt to discuss and be equals, war being an attempt to debate and be victorious over another.

Do you speak to yourself as an equal to the Creator?
Scream, shout, cry, make weird, uncomfortable and animalistic noises. Let the throat and voice express whatever gibberish, nonsense and chaos that wishes to come forth. Legit just go off like a madman until you feel empty. Get your pain out.

I maybe have a different approach to most people. Do not try to control the voice when you are clearing a blockage, it must express itself. If you feel war, express war. If you feel anger, express anger. If you feel love, express love.

Honesty is about letting what is be what it is and allowing it to exist on its own. If you cannot be honest about your feelings that are hurt, how can you be honest about your love?
I would say in my case, my honesty of heart manifest by repressing the negative energies I receive. I am surrounded by dishonest and angry people (not all of them, I'm obviously also surrounded by some very nice people). If I was to let that pass through me without just a little bit of repression, and I mean by that if I was to exactly express what I receive from some other selves even in their own repressed emotions, I would commit murder, rape, and violent crimes, which obviously I don't desire neither for myself or any other selves. I desire that people see my presence and positive intention as the expression itself where my words cannot reach. I have no other solution for this paradox yet. In there lies my greatest orange ray blocage, in that my most powerful positive intention is to prevent the negative energies I receive from spreading, and I'm not always successful. It is surely at the cost of my own wellbeingness. That is why I strive for peace so much. I cannot find it so long as I am surrounded by individuals who contains raging war themselves. My thankfullness to peaceful individuals is infinite.
What does the sound of prevention sound like?
I get what you mean, we attract what we fear/run away from/repress/cannot accept, but I obviously can't overcome the fact that I am bound by these energies and people to a great extent. And even if I was to just fly away in another country in hope of surrounding myself with a more peaceful environnement (which I already know is futile to run away from something), where is actually a peaceful environement? Is there anywhere on earth where that exist? The closest I have found so far is bring4th and yet it's not always the case. I use most of my time to cultivate that within but obviously people around me aren't interested in none of that and so there it stays, singular peace. I don't know if I don't believe in collective peace or if I just don't know how to bring it to others to make it grow, but I can't get past the fact that it does not seem like other selves desire that so much, on a deep unconscious level.

I understand the message, just not the solution. If someone punches me in the face out of angry feelings, my natural reaction is to stop that there so it doesn't reach someone else. It would seem paradoxal to me to just think I should myself punch someone in the face in order not to repress someone else energy which happened to pass through me. In a world where there is war, isn't it the responsibility of the peaceful entity to repress this war? Because obviously this war is there, it's part of the collective mind, we all contain it to some degree, it cannot be denied, only not spread further or so I think. I'm not sure if that's worded properly, I hope you get it.
Would you say you are at peace within yourself?
It depends on the angle I look. As long as I am only with myself as an individual, yes I am at peace. The problem is more when I am surrounded by people who clearly are not. And then if I look at it from a collective mind perspective, the collective mind isn't at peace. If I look at myself without seperation, no I am not at peace. I can narrow it down a bit it's still the same, the facets which surrounds me, which are closest to me, family, friends, coworkers, very few of them are at peace. I struggle to maintain my individual peace whenever I am surrounded by them.
(03-16-2017, 08:00 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Scream, shout, cry, make weird, uncomfortable and animalistic noises. Let the throat and voice express whatever gibberish, nonsense and chaos that wishes to come forth. Legit just go off like a madman until you feel empty. Get your pain out.

I do this every time I am alone in the house, it is very effective. I live with my mother, however, and she is home more often than not. How can I do this jibberish exercise with her around? Maybe I must communicate my intentions for the exercise and do it even though she can hear me? But that might be forcing upon her catalyst that she does not wish to confront.
(03-16-2017, 11:11 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2017, 08:00 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Scream, shout, cry, make weird, uncomfortable and animalistic noises. Let the throat and voice express whatever gibberish, nonsense and chaos that wishes to come forth. Legit just go off like a madman until you feel empty. Get your pain out.

I do this every time I am alone in the house, it is very effective. I live with my mother, however, and she is home more often than not. How can I do this jibberish exercise with her around? Maybe I must communicate my intentions for the exercise and do it even though she can hear me? But that might be forcing upon her catalyst that she does not wish to confront.

You could do it in to a pillow? Or disguise it as vocal warm ups aha
(03-16-2017, 11:27 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]You could do it in to a pillow? Or disguise it as vocal warm ups aha

The thing is that sometimes when I do this exercise, a LOT comes out. Like a scary, call-the-police-and-lock-your-doors intensity. And it is beyond frustrating to limit the intensity of jibberish meditation once I start (i.e., having to tell myself 'not louder than this.') As in, the energy that was prepared to expel out of my throat crams itself back into the crevices of my body that were thought to be relieved, doubling the anxiety associated with it.
Pages: 1 2