Bring4th

Full Version: Supplements. (esp. Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Gotu Kola, Iodine, Spirulina...)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone use supplements daily? Or even irregularly. Gotu Kola specifically has been a consistently reliable calming influence on the mind and heart. I am interested to know others' perceptions of certain vitamins, minerals, and herbs' spiritual properties. I will list of few of my own observations.

Vitamin C - appears to actually be essential in higher doses than recommended. I take at least 3000 mg daily, split into three doses throughout the day. If I am sick, or in need of flushing out a bad meal, I take much much more. When I was coming down with a sore throat, I took 42 grams [!] in a single day, and the next day I was completely better. (although the day I ingested so much Vitamin C felt like all of the sickness got concentrated into that single day.) It is an extremely effective body toxin cleanser. I use pure Vitamin C powder, either scooped into a glass of water, or capped into vegetarian gel capsules.

Gotu Kola - seems to calm the body, mind, and spirit into a state closer to the 'true' state of being. Very noticeable energy balancing effect. VERY GOOD FOR MEDITATION, like extremely good. If you have been having a spell of difficult meditation, I recommend Gotu Kola. In addition to enhancing peaceful focus, it heightens your motivation to seek out the silence! In other words, it makes the silence more appealing! I feel like it's an old wise gentle friend that lays a strong wizened hand on your back whenever you take it. Reduces addictive tendencies as well, in that it makes simple awareness much more compelling. Vivifies your dreams.

Iodine - I posted a thread here that posits my perception of Iodine's effect's on your daily catalyst. To me it appears that Iodine is a spiritual supplement. It flushes out spiritual toxins. This stuff is VERY POWERFUL, a few times I have taken too much and the repressed catalyst that arose was too much for me to handle. I think it is better to take very low doses at first, and slowwwly work your way up if you want to intensify the healing.

Magnesium - STEADY; calms your body so much. Take it at night. Vivifies your dreams.

Lecithin - grounds you, provides more 'mass' for your brain's catalytic capacity. Take at night. Vivifies dreams.

Zinc - focuses on sexual energy/root chakra energy. Very beneficial for increasing awareness of root chakra energy, but I think it should not be taken regularly. Take this for a few days after a vital energy loss, or when you're feeling blocked in the root chakra.

Vitamin D3 - I can't really get a bead on this one, but I feel like it increases overall energy and ability to maintain awareness. Take in the morning.

Spirulina - concentrated nutrients and antioxidants. Definitely enhances natural energy. Take in the morning.

Gingko Biloba - Multiplies bodily blood flow. Creates a centered and stable awareness, coupled with heightened alertness. I recommend for exercising unless you are not the restless type.

Ginseng - seems to have great potential. I have not experimented much with this, but it seems to create a quasi-visionary state along with an extremely lucid, awake focus. Very interesting stuff.

Of course take these perceptions as casual advice. I am no scientist. I also think that the more balanced and Self-realized one becomes, the less one needs external physical assistance. These supplements have helped me tremendously, most of all Iodine, Gotu Kola, and Vitamin C. Magnesium follows closely. I do have a tendency to obsess over supplement intake rather than simply follow my natural rhythms, so take this with a grain of salt. I may be attempting to replace the health benefits achieved through social interaction by way of these supplements.

Does anyone have experience with these or others vitamins, minerals, herbs?
What does the iodine repressed catalyst feel like when it comes out?

How do you experience the catalyst? Is it like mental/emotional stuff?
(03-30-2017, 11:09 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]What does the iodine repressed catalyst feel like when it comes out?

It feels like an intensification of whatever problem/challenge I'm working through at the time.

For example, one day I took 8 drops of iodine in the morning, with the intention of going through a very difficult day of catalyst. I had a day off, so I wanted to work a lot on my blockages and misperceptions.

It turned out that the deepest thing on my mind was my perception of my neighborhood, the city, and the world as being very SICK. I had this sense of doom and sickness fall over me. The sky was hazy with congested smog and brown illness. A dog close to my house, oh my God. This dog was the melody to the sickness. I was out sitting on my lawn, which was dehydrated and withering. The haze, and the dog barking, this sick, depraved, hoarse screech of a bark, like it had been in a metal cage for years with no escape, and the lawn, and the feeling of sickness in my heart...

...IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL. That moment is highlighted as one of the most memorable, most beautiful moments of my entire life. The illness was at its peak. The entire city was under the spell of disease, and the disease was so stagnant, so beautiful, at the same time. The rough grass, the brown sky, the frustrated drone of lawn mowers. The diseased dog. It was a Symphony of Sickness. And in the sickness I saw equal beauty, somehow, for some reason; that was the moment I realized that the disease I perceived was actually Joy.

That was my best experience with Iodine. Iodine took me to the grittiest, most uncomfortable place that was laying hidden beneath my conscious mind and forced me to look at it. It was too sickening to even vomit, and I accepted it.

The NEXT DAY, it was incredible, the sun was shining in a beautiful blue sky, the haze was completely gone, the city quietly hummed with a gentle peaceful energy, no lawn mowers, no pent up dogs barking. And it was EQUALLY BEAUTIFUL to the sickness I witnessed before.

That's the type of catalyst I had been dealing with for a long time - waking up every day and resenting the smog, resenting the frustrated dogs and nursing a grudge against the owners who never let their dog out of their tiny backyard. So when I took the iodine, it brought all that to the surface, all at once. Since then I have not once been irritated by those very same things, in fact I appreciate them now.

But of course now I have new catalyst, so now I am preparing for another Iodine day.

I take 1g of Reishi (extreme quality) and 5000UI of Vitamin D3.  Plus home made green vegetable juice which supplies all other vitamins I could ever need.

[/quote]

...IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL. That moment is highlighted as one of the most memorable, most beautiful moments of my entire life. The illness was at its peak. The entire city was under the spell of disease, and the disease was so stagnant, so beautiful, at the same time. The rough grass, the brown sky, the frustrated drone of lawn mowers. The diseased dog. It was a Symphony of Sickness. And in the sickness I saw equal beauty, somehow, for some reason; that was the moment I realized that the disease I perceived was actually Joy.

[/quote]

Reading that paragraph made my mind feel good; perceiving how these seemingly miserable qualities can be so beautiful.
Your well written description of your experience has helped me to see that my gratitude of these things can be applied in a new way. Thank you
(03-31-2017, 12:49 AM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2017, 11:09 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]What does the iodine repressed catalyst feel like when it comes out?

It feels like an intensification of whatever problem/challenge I'm working through at the time.

For example, one day I took 8 drops of iodine in the morning, with the intention of going through a very difficult day of catalyst. I had a day off, so I wanted to work a lot on my blockages and misperceptions.

It turned out that the deepest thing on my mind was my perception of my neighborhood, the city, and the world as being very SICK. I had this sense of doom and sickness fall over me. The sky was hazy with congested smog and brown illness. A dog close to my house, oh my God. This dog was the melody to the sickness. I was out sitting on my lawn, which was dehydrated and withering. The haze, and the dog barking, this sick, depraved, hoarse screech of a bark, like it had been in a metal cage for years with no escape, and the lawn, and the feeling of sickness in my heart...

That was my best experience with Iodine. Iodine took me to the grittiest, most uncomfortable place that was laying hidden beneath my conscious mind and forced me to look at it. It was too sickening to even vomit, and I accepted it.

The NEXT DAY, it was incredible, the sun was shining in a beautiful blue sky, the haze was completely gone, the city quietly hummed with a gentle peaceful energy, no lawn mowers, no pent up dogs barking. And it was EQUALLY BEAUTIFUL to the sickness I witnessed before.

That's the type of catalyst I had been dealing with for a long time - waking up every day and resenting the smog, resenting the frustrated dogs and nursing a grudge against the owners who never let their dog out of their tiny backyard. So when I took the iodine, it brought all that to the surface, all at once. Since then I have not once been irritated by those very same things, in fact I appreciate them now.

But of course now I have new catalyst, so now I am preparing for another Iodine day.

That post reminds me of if you Google images of "Urban Decay".
I really like how you describe your supplement experiences in a metaphysical way.

Dr. Andrew Saul is an awesome of vitamin C mega-dosing. Amazing

Your description of Gotu Kola is very interesting. I believe I may apply it to myself

And your Iodine experience sounds so awesome haha