Bring4th

Full Version: Positive light strength
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can STO entities invoke this potential? What kind of biases are helpful?

Quote:We may note that such a configuration of free will, one-pointed in service to others, also has the potential for the alerting of a great mass of light strength. This positive light strength, however, operates also under free will and must be invoked. We could not speak to this and shall not guide you, for the nature of this contact is such that the purity of your free will must, above all things, be preserved. Thus you wend your way through experiences discovering those biases which may be helpful. (Ra, 72.7)
(04-02-2017, 12:09 PM)loostudent Wrote: [ -> ]How can STO entities invoke this potential? What kind of biases are helpful?

Quote:We may note that such a configuration of free will, one-pointed in service to others, also has the potential for the alerting of a great mass of light strength. This positive light strength, however, operates also under free will and must be invoked. We could not speak to this and shall not guide you, for the nature of this contact is such that the purity of your free will must, above all things, be preserved. Thus you wend your way through experiences discovering those biases which may be helpful. (Ra, 72.7)

First step, only if you're serious though, would be to fix the title of this thread to "Positive light strength." instead of "Positive light strenght"

THEN get serious in your invocations in whatever way works for you.

Just my suggestion. Smile
Well, Ra was quite openly being obscure there (and throughout that session) on matters he considered infringement. However, what I believe it boils down to is that the process for invoking such light would be different\idiosyncratic for whoever was attempting it. The biases which are helpful are those biases which are helpful for you.

And I realize this isn't a terribly helpful answer either.

However, in the broadest sense, it means to seek the Light in whatever thoughts, beliefs, ideas, or whatever else you see the Light as residing in. Because it does. There are infinite ways of contacting Intelligent Infinity, and no two people's methods of doing so are likely to be the same. Ra couldn't offer any specific advice to anyone in the group because it would be for each of them to discover for themselves. Although I would certainly suggest heeding his warning against invoking specific personalities if you attempt to do so. Otherwise, work to know yourself and your own vibrations, and attempt to enter into the contact with as clear a mind as possible.

But I would suggest that before you do so, you probably should think hard about why you seek such contact - not only understanding your desired outcomes, but understanding what drives you towards such action. A clarity of purpose would be helpful. (Although probably not strictly required.) Because also, if you find you are uncertain as to your purpose, that might suggest you should wait until you have greater self-knowledge.
I'm not going for a really strong light. Just one that is in balance, and can have a positive effect on the world.
I think the purpose is obvious - seeking spiritual growth, more intimate oneness with Creator ...

From context I understand this strength can be alerted in group. Is it so?
I believe crux of the situation, as APW suggested, is that intention is key. To intend to invoke light strength will, in some way, invoke such strength.

However, I do think that Ra was hinting at white magic rituals which have been established, practiced, and can be taught/learned. Consider these passages:

Quote:73.5
Questioner: In considering the exercise of the Middle Pillar I have thought it to be wrong in that the adept sees or visualizes light moving downward from the crown chakra down to the feet. Ra has stated that the Creator enters from the feet and moves upward, and that this spiraling light enters from the feet and moves upward. It seems to me that an adept alerting light strength, in visualizing the use of this, would visualize it entering in the direction of the feet and energizing first, the red energy center and moving upward through the energy centers in that fashion. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. No.

Questioner: Could you tell me how I am wrong in that statement?

Ra: I am Ra. Yes.

Questioner: Would you please do that?

Ra: I am Ra. There are two concepts with which you deal. The first is the great way of the development of the light in the microcosmic mind/body/spirit. It is assumed that an adept will have its energy centers functioning smoothly and in a balanced manner to its best effort before a magical working. All magical workings are based upon evocation and/or invocation.

The first invocation of any magical working is that invocation of the magical personality as you are familiar with this term. In the working of which you speak the first station is the beginning of the invocation of this magical personality which is invoked by the motion of putting on something. Since you do not have an item of apparel or talisman the gesture which you have made is appropriate.

The second station is the evocation of the great cross of life. This is an extension of the magical personality to become the Creator. Again, all invocations and evocations are drawn through the violet energy center. This may then be continued towards whatever energy centers are desired to be used.

The "Middle Pillar" that Don refers to, so far as I am aware, is related to magical workings related to the kabalistic Tree of Life. Asking about it specifically allowed Ra to share more on the subject of this invocation.

Quote:74.12
Questioner: You stated that a working of service to others has the potential of alerting a great mass of light strength. Could you describe just exactly how this works and what the uses of this would be?

Ra: I am Ra. There are sound vibratory complexes which act much like the dialing of your telephone. When they are appropriately vibrated with accompanying will and concentration it is as though many upon your metaphysical or inner planes received a telephone call. This call they answer by their attention to your working.

Questioner: There are many of these. The ones most obvious in our society are those used in the church rather than those used by the magical adept. What is the difference in the effect of those used, say, in the church, in our various churches, and those specifically magical incantations used by the adept?

Ra: I am Ra. If all in your churches were adepts consciously full of will, of seeking, of concentration, of conscious knowledge of the calling, there would be no difference. The efficacy of the calling is a function of the magical qualities of those who call; that is, their desire to seek the altered state of consciousness desired.

This, to me, hints that the rituals are established and refined such as the ceremonies and rituals of the church.

And regarding your question about this being possible in a group, in my understanding, white magic is typically performed as a group. Ra does state it can be done individually, but such invocation of light strength is probably something more often done as a group than individual. I should note that I'm rather unfamiliar with the actual magical systems and rituals involved, so I might be speaking nonsense.

If you're curious about the systems of magic the group used, which could help guide you to rituals of invocation you might be seeking, I know that they used some of these resources:
  • W. E. Butler's work, particularly The Magician: His Training and His Work
  • Elisabeth Haich's Initiation
  • Dion Fortune's work, particularly Psychic Self Defense
  • Israel Regardie's work, particularly The Tree of Life

Those should be decent starting places, I think.
I'd say look into Israel Regardie's Golden Dawn. I have a feeling Don had done some research into the Golden Dawn system of magic.

Ritual and focused intention can help one tap into this light strength.
@Bring4th_Austin

Thanks for a detailed reply.

Quote:It is assumed that an adept will have its energy centers functioning smoothly and in a balanced manner to its best effort before a magical working. (Ra)

I think for now I don't have this "magical qualities" of the adept. I'm already familiar with church rituals. I think this is not only for adepts (or saintly persons) but it's also for healing puprposes for average faithful seekers.

Ra also said will/faith of mass mind could move a mountain. When Jesus healed, he also said: "Your faith saved you." and it's reported that he couldn't perform a miracle among a group of nonbelievers. It's a shame that believers in church are mostly unaware of this great pontetial ...

So call for light strength is a conscious call to inner planes to participate in our working. In church this is called epiclesis - invocation of the Holy Spirit.
Here's a quick, simple thought from another direction.  In addition to looking outwardly for established lines of discovery, you might also observe and adjust in the mirror of daily being your own flow of light and love.  Specifically, when you notice a thought, word or deed of yours which is not consonant with the level of purity you wish to cultivate, you might examine it, reason with it, and try to resolve the contradiction.  The fewer circuits of contradiction you harbor, the more "positive light strength" you'll have to empower your seeking.  This sounds simple--because it is so--but can also lead to deep energetic re-alignments.
Some say "you are saved by grace". Self struggle and letting others/higher self aid - all is grace, isn't it? After all everything is God's will, Creator experiencing itself. But self-salvation is the longer/slower path.